Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,226 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... (47261 Views)

Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend / Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks / Man Proposing To His Fiancée Misplaced The Engagement Ring (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by darlenese(f): 8:08pm On Feb 23, 2017
Kennyodinye:
u are a mumu....if na so i for don marry more than 30 girls by now

Oga u go son gather enough STDs oooo
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by Mypeople2(m): 8:14pm On Feb 23, 2017
ToriBlue:
I don't know why guys keep dating women the can't marry. Its sheer wickedness.
Babe, sometimes it is not our fault .You may think she is your" soul mate" when you are looking at the physique.But apart from physique, what else does she have ? Since we can't judge a book by its cover,we can't ascertain what kind of material she is without dating her first .

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by euchariadavid(f): 8:15pm On Feb 23, 2017
Benita27:
What kind of unfinished business do you have with her?.
Help me ask o,unfinished business marriage
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by Charlentine(m): 8:15pm On Feb 23, 2017
alexialin:

We are not wicked or selfish. If u know u can't marry a babe u are wooing? Then hands off! Women are like flowers. You don't keep fucvking and dumping when u are tired. That's pure wickedness on your part. Pray your babe does not go extreme and deal with u diabolically.. Na then!, when u come. Life next time.. You will run away from pussssies.

Evil guy.
Naa. u're the Evil babe here. cos she ain't that bad. Oh and I'd like to think only a handful of ladies are really like you cos otherwise only a handful of men would be alive and well today. Ya'll be killing them like chicken "oh that one, I destroyed his life cos he was chatting with one random girl" "that other one, well I cursed him with blindness cos he looked at one chics arse at the mall the other day"

Honestly, bad governance is just ONE of Nigeria's many many problems!

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by Emasel(m): 8:21pm On Feb 23, 2017
ToriBlue:

It's vice versa, ladies do same

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by Obiwannn: 8:21pm On Feb 23, 2017
Charlentine:
So here's the problem, I do love this lady to a degree, but I ain't going for that marriage stuff. Not yet, and definitely not with her. I told her my plans from the day we officially started dating and she was totally cool with it. only to suddenly go mafia and change everything and become super possessive and pester me for marriage after some months, in a "If u won't marry me then ENEMY mode activated!" kind of way. That's unfair na! I've not dated much but my last gf wasn't unreasonable na, she even loved me for being straightforward with her and we dated exclusively until I had to travel. Then i adviced her to move on with her life (tho it was a very hard decision cos she's an awesome person, beautiful too) but we're friends till date.

Anyway, so Im letting this lady go so she can find a proper husband, but I don't want her beef (she gets very hostile and vengeful whenever she feels slighted even for the best of reasons, no matter how much u try to reason with her) cos I still have some unfinished business with her and don't want her to ruin it. Shes the type that, if something isn't going her way then it is BAD no matter how great it has been. She has potential husbands (ex'es) and has quickly resorted to hooking up with one for marriage. I wish her well, but don't need the hostility now.

How does one deal with this? Wud it have been better to give her false hope, and then bail once I get my stuff out? Won't that be unfair to her? Are the majority of ladies selfish like this cos I always hear ladies cry "he jilted me bla bla bla"? because guys have learnt to be dishonest with them? Is there another way? Like Ive confessed, I haven't dated much, but I want to believe we don't all have to be bad.

This" Shes the type that, if something isn't going her way then it is BAD no matter how great it has been."

OP this got to me. I have same issue also with my gf. Are all women truly like this? I mean everything is great then at the slightest provocation she flares up and it is BAD, no matter how great it has been. Is that the way women behave? Because like you now, I'm also considering bending to her rules just because I want to break her heart in future. I mean it seems it does not pay to be a good guy again o

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by Obiwannn: 8:22pm On Feb 23, 2017
Mypeople2:
Babe, sometimes it is not our fault .You may think she is your" soul mate" when you are looking at the physique.But apart from physique, what else does she have ? Since we can't judge a book by its cover,we can't ascertain what kind of material she is without dating her first .

Exactly.
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by Charlentine(m): 8:23pm On Feb 23, 2017
NotComplaining:
what would you think if you were the brother of the girl? Women aren't toys man! If i were the girls bro i'd beat the shi*t out of you for the disrespect.The sister aint your prostitute nigguh.

You took advantage of a clearly vulnerable girl to satisfy ur glut gtfo. Ask the girls dad for advice.

Thank God Muslim countries worth their name do not tolerate such impunity.
If what u stated here were the reality, and you tried to put your puny hands on me, I'd immediately have you fleeced, and then dried in the sun. Next time you'd avoid a guy who moving on his rights!

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by Obiwannn: 8:25pm On Feb 23, 2017
Philpham:
OP u are very stoopi.d , after eating her puny u are letting her go. It shows u are among the 99% of irresponsible non-husband material in Nigeria.

People like you lack commitment, and eventually become serial cheaters in marriages.

I promise u , if you keep jumping from one woman to the other, u will never find a wife material and when u eventually do, she will cheat on you.

If it's me , I will break your head if you dump me. And I hope she does.

I guess you conveniently ignored the part where the OP said he told her of the status quo which she voluntarily agreed to ba?
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by Charlentine(m): 8:30pm On Feb 23, 2017
Obiwannn:

This" Shes the type that, if something isn't going her way then it is BAD no matter how great it has been."

OP this got to me. I have same issue also with my gf. Are all women truly like this? I mean everything is great then at the slightest provocation she flares up and it is BAD, no matter how great it has been. Is that the way women behave? Because like you now, I'm also considering bending to her rules just because I want to break her heart in future. I mean it seems it does not pay to be a good guy again o
shocked why would you want to break her heart in the future bro? That sounds mean. Like, I didn't ever bend to her rules; I told her straight from the onset, she agreed, but later tried to change things which, I always set her straight until she began to insist. That was when I had to tell her to pls move on, cos clearly, we were no longer on the same page. Do you understand?

But yeah I get what u mean by things being all BAD just cos something aint going her way. That attitude is very frustrating.
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by NotComplaining: 8:30pm On Feb 23, 2017
Charlentine:
If what u stated here were the reality, and you tried to put your puny hands on me, I'd immediately have you fleeced, and then dried in the sun. Next time you'd avoid a guy who moving on his rights!

So now u sabi talk rights? The girl that doesnt have a dic*k is right-less abi?

Naija will continue carrying last in everything as long as ppl like you are allowed to breathe.
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by Charlentine(m): 8:33pm On Feb 23, 2017
NotComplaining:

So now u sabi talk rights? The girl that doesnt have a dic*k is right-less abi?

Naija will continue carrying last in everything as long as ppl like you are allowed to breathe.
Idiocy in low places!

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by cejaypriesty(m): 8:33pm On Feb 23, 2017
I only have problem with ur unfinished business stuff. If you have let her be as you said, never go back allow her to get u off her system and the hostility will die off. But pls don't go for the unfinished business, the outcome may not be nice for u, that's my 2cent tho.
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by Nobody: 8:33pm On Feb 23, 2017
Charlentine:
Naa. u're the Evil babe here. cos she ain't that bad. Oh and I'd like to think only a handful of ladies are really like you cos otherwise only a handful of men would be alive and well today. Ya'll be killing them like chicken "oh that one, I destroyed his life cos he was chatting with one random girl" "that other one, well I cursed him with blindness cos he looked at one chics arse at the mall the other day"

Honestly, bad governance is just ONE of Nigeria's many many problems!

Am not the Evil one. Cause have not killed any guy and I won't start killing because of you. I rather flee than date guys like you. Your type I would have sighted from afar. And by the time, your type start wooing...my angry eyes alone will scare u off!.
Useless he goat
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by Funkybabee(f): 8:34pm On Feb 23, 2017
Charlentine:
Guys, watch out for dis babe. By their fruits u shall know them. U half-read the OP and just flew to karma conclusions?? Jeez! P.S: there's nothing like karma in this situation.

u better shut the hell out of your mouth, pls mind you am not in mood.what did I said that is wrong ? fooling and playing with someone heart and I said same thing will come back to him is that a curse. I don't think you know what love feeling really his because if so u won't be saying this nut!!! don't play or friend with who u know u won't marry simple
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by NotComplaining: 8:34pm On Feb 23, 2017
Charlentine:
Idiocy in low places!

Then be the bigger man and stfu.
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by Nobody: 8:35pm On Feb 23, 2017
[color=#000099][/color]My brother
1.Prepare to be a father
2.Or prepare your coffin
Having a hostile lady after you is the worst thing dat cud happen to you,just be careful bro,trouble d cum 4 u
ANYWAY I DEY SMELL LIE cool cool
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by NaWetinDey(m): 8:36pm On Feb 23, 2017
Is she a Virgo astrologically?
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by Nobody: 8:38pm On Feb 23, 2017
Charlentine:
I don't know why any woman would AGREE to date casually if she knows she would later try to FORCE marriage on the guy. It's sheer wickedness.
keep shut pls! angry u are mean
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by Nobody: 8:39pm On Feb 23, 2017
People self, this is why it's better to ask for terms and conditions of a relationship before going into it to avoid stories that touch,by the way she seems like someone above 25 and you expect her to date without having marriage in sight?, the op sounds wicked,these are the the time wasters we keep advising ladies to stay away from

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by Nobody: 8:39pm On Feb 23, 2017
Mtcheeew!
Yeye post!.
what were you dating them for?... just sex?.
mtcheeeeeew
Better you date when you are ready for marriage.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by Obiwannn: 8:40pm On Feb 23, 2017
Charlentine:
shocked why would you want to break her heart in the future bro? That sounds mean. Like, I didn't ever bend to her rules; I told her straight from the onset, she agreed, but later tried to change things which, I always set her straight until she began to insist. That was when I had to tell her to pls move on, cos clearly, we were no longer on the same page. Do you understand?

But yeah I get what u mean by things being all BAD just cos something aint going her way. That attitude is very frustrating.

Well, I'm just reiterating the part where you said you'd just bid your time with a view to move on in future, and I am seriously considering that route. I mean you even said it yourself that girls would come and say bla bla bla he dumped me... when in actual fact they were dumped because of their perceived actions or in actions.

And again I used to think she behaves the way she behaves because she's not Nigerian and probably due to the way their society see women, I haven't really dated a Nigerian for that long to know for certainty how women behave, in fact the whole dating thing is quite new to me. But having considered what you have posted here I can draw up some similarities and conclude that women are women no matter the part of the world they are from and more often than not, they do deserve what they get.
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by Charlentine(m): 8:46pm On Feb 23, 2017
NotComplaining:

Then be the bigger man and stfu.
kikikikikiki grin okay I have shut up. I guess Im the bigger man now wink
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by NotComplaining: 8:47pm On Feb 23, 2017
Charlentine:
kikikikikiki grin okay I have shut up. I guess Im the bigger man now wink
U didnt play by the rules my nigguh
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by Nobody: 8:49pm On Feb 23, 2017
sekem:

I'm so sure your brain is paining you.

So in your warped mind, every relationship MUST be consummated with marriage, abi?

Mtcheewwww angry
did you even read what she wrote?? Dating someone without having d mind set of marriage with them is a total waste of time....relationships is a preliminary stage to marriage.....if its leads to marriage...fine bt if it doesnt...no shii

work on ur comprehension skill b4 attacking someone with insults next time.
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by Charlentine(m): 8:56pm On Feb 23, 2017
Sincere4u:
Mtcheeew!
Yeye post!.
what were you dating them for?... just sex?.
mtcheeeeeew
Better you date when you are ready for marriage.
What you FAIL to understand is that some of us don't hold sex in such high esteem as ya'll do. I mean, why would I go through the stress of actually DATING a person for sex when I can just have tons of run-ins? Doesn't make any sense. Sex is the least of reasons I'd date a girl.

Think of it this way, two people meet, they discover that they can both add great value to each-other's lives so they decide to hook up. They have an agreement to keep it simple, and yes, they do add great value to one another and both make good progress in their respective lives. The only snag is that, one of them suddenly decides she wants to marry the other. Wahala don start! The other says, no this isn't what we agreed. I knew I wasn't ready for marriage now thats why Ive made it very clear from the onset. The first then takes it personal! Do you get the bigger picture now? It was a very very responsible and productive relationship.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by Nobody: 8:57pm On Feb 23, 2017
ToriBlue:

Sp if i spot a "sheep" in and decide to walk down the aisle with her and in the course of the relationship find out she was actually a wolf in sheep clothing, you expect me to continue with the marraige plans?
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by Nobody: 8:58pm On Feb 23, 2017
Lol that is how one started acting all jealous whenever a gal calls me or am talking with one
Bros u shld nt have told her ur plans plainly ,
Give her hope , then crush that hope
Then disappear from her life
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by Duru009(m): 9:00pm On Feb 23, 2017
Benita27:
What kind of unfinished business do you have with her?.

He has not finish digging the hole... .
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by Charlentine(m): 9:12pm On Feb 23, 2017
Obiwannn:

Well, I'm just reiterating the part where you said you'd just bid your time with a view to move on in future, and I am seriously considering that route. I mean you even said it yourself that girls would come and say bla bla bla he dumped me... when in actual fact they were dumped because of their perceived actions or in actions.

And again I used to think she behaves the way she behaves because she's not Nigerian and probably due to the way their society see women, I haven't really dated a Nigerian for that long to know for certainty how women behave, in fact the whole dating thing is quite new to me. But having considered what you have posted here I can draw up some similarities and conclude that women are women no matter the part of the world they are from and more often than not, they do deserve what they get.
I think their problem is that when their emotions come onto the picture, EVERYTHING ELSE disappears. But not all are like that though; I know a girl who's not like that at all...and if you observe this thread you'd notice one or two sensible comments from ladies that would PROPERLY address the issue. Those are the rare exceptions. But the majority of female commenters would just straight away Label you, jump to conclusions without even reading the op, accuse u of something unrelated, etc. Most of their opinions are baseless and emotional- thats the problem right there! Marriage is a sacred thing to most ladies so if they FEEL like you're against it in any way, they're automatically against you.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by Charlentine(m): 9:15pm On Feb 23, 2017
Emzyme:
Lol that is how one started acting all jealous whenever a gal calls me or am talking with one
Bros u shld nt have told her ur plans plainly ,
Give her hope , then crush that hope
Then disappear from her life
Lolzz. eeya. and ladies be crying of heartbreak. They taught men this stuff. They did undecided
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by oxon(m): 9:17pm On Feb 23, 2017
SweetBoyFriend:

This is how to identify a dumb guy

Why can't you keep your mouth shut for once ??

Going around telling her you don't wanna marry her, how do you want her to act ?? You want her to Laugh and tell you "I don't think I'm the right one for you"

She's the smartest person on earth, she was acting like she loves you and want to marry you

The money and the dick was good, she did a great job using your little brain

Do you know how many niggas she bursted it open for when you where dying in love and calling her your girlfriend ??

You don't tell a girl that type of stuff even if you don't love her, just act on it, your behavior will drive her away

plz don't call him dumb, everyone plays this dating game differently I was in a position like this once ... the girl I was dating wass actually a how on the low, she gave me the whole let's hustle and get married and all ... from what I have learnt of women being a nice guy won't earn you anything ,one thumb rule u should always remember women are very selfish ,whatever its, they want the deal to favour em ...I was nice kind hearted ,but now all I would tell you is u should have done the later trust me given the same opportunity she would do the same thing to u ..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Phone Call Annoying Questions Dat Guys Ask / Why I Walked Away From 3 Ladies I Had Interest In. / Val: Post The Pics Of You And Ur Bae And Let C The Most Beautiful Couple Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.