Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (882095 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Is2bEe(m): 5:29pm On Apr 28, 2017
gbsunmonu:
Hello Gurus

Please when can some pick up is documents at VFS

Document got dispatched from Accra since April 19 and no mail or sms from VFS to that effect.

Kindly assist with useful info
count two weeks after 19th of April
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by thesoj: 5:43pm On Apr 28, 2017
***IMPORTANT LINKS***

HINTS ON SECURING MSc ADMISSIONS IN CANADIAN UNIVERSITIES

COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDY VISA APPLICATION Thanks @MichV

CLICK HERE TO FIND A UNIVERSITY IN CANADA

LIST OF MOST POST-SECONDARY AND PGD PROGRAMS IN CANADIAN COLLEGES
Ontario Colleges programs search

TIPS ON WRITING AN SOP FOR THE VISA OFFICER

CLICK HERE TO FIND A SOP SAMPLE FOR THE VISA OFFICER

CLICK HERE TO FIND A LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP SAMPLE

TIPS ON FINDING A RESEARCH SUPERVISOR FOR RESEARCH OR THESIS-BASED MSC OR PHD

STEPS TO CANADA ONLINE VISA APPLICATION

CLICK HERE FOR A SAMPLE OF LIST OF DOCUMENTS TO SUBMIT FOR YOUR STUDY VISA

HOW TO TACKLE COMMON REASONS FOR DENIAL

HOW TO FIND ANY INFORMATION ON THIS THREAD, NO MATTER WHEN IT WAS POSTED

THE POPULAR TRV CHOPPING DOCUMENTS COMPILATION

MORE POPULAR TRV CHOPPING DOCUMENTS

HOW TO SHRINK FILES FOR YOUR ONLINE VISA APPLICATION

CLICK TO SEE COMMON REASONS FOR DENIAL

SAMPLE LETTER OF INTRODUCTION FROM YOUR WORK PLACE

CIC E-MAIL FOR INQUIRIES

MEDICAL EXAMINATION LOCATIONS IN NIGERIA

CLICK HERE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT WORK PERMIT AFTER GRADUATION

IS IT HARDER OR EASIER TO GET A TRV WITH PGC/PGD ADMISSION VS. MASTERS?

A VERY IMPORTANT CLUE WHEN DRAFTING YOUR SOP

IF YOUR APP IS MORE THAN THE AVERAGE PROCESSING TIME, CLICK HERE TO SEND A CASE SPECIFIC ENQUIRY TO CIC

HOW TO CARRY MONEY TO CANADA FROM NIGERIA AFTER TRV APPROVAL

CHANGING INSTITUTION AFTER TRV & LANDING IN CANADA

CHEAP GCMS ORDERING SERVICE

TRAVELLING TIPS #1
TRAVELLING TIPS #2

LIFE IN CANADA Tips
***UPDATED***

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nabby2603(f): 6:05pm On Apr 28, 2017
VeecThorr:
Does anyone know how long it takes to get a response from MSVU, Nova Scotia? I applied since over a month ago but only just paid the application fee last week.
it took MSVU about 5 months and 2 weeks to grant me an admission for January 2017. I applied mid July 2016. So give them time.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Fredozki(m): 6:21pm On Apr 28, 2017
Nabby2603:
it took MSVU about 5 months and 2 weeks to grant me an admission for January 2017. I applied mid July 2016. So give them time.

Hmmm, how did you cope? You deferred to another start term?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Fredozki(m): 6:31pm On Apr 28, 2017
taiwo92:
Good morning guys please I applied to UNB last month and the ever since then have not heard from them. please when do they usually send offer. thanks

First of all, what is the current status of your application? And which start term are you going for? I applied to same school ending of last month for January 2018, and my application status is showing "currently under review" I suggest you e-mail your dept grad cord to get the admission processing period.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Adefolakemi: 6:46pm On Apr 28, 2017
VeecThorr:

Fall. I paid the application fee last week btw.
It is kind of too late to apply for fall term. But you can still email the admissions department of the school to see if they are still admitting students.
If they aren't, you should be waiting for Winter 2018 term - if your program has a winter start date.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by samjumbo: 6:56pm On Apr 28, 2017
This is outrageous.. Let them say dey don't want us to come plainly nowwww

ugolinze123:
DEAR NAIRALANDERS IF U ARE PLANNING TO TRAVEL TO CANADA VIA A STUDY PERMIT WITHOUT PAYING YOUR TUITION FROM NIGERIA JUST FORGET IT CUZ THINGS HAVE CHANGED
JUST GOT THIS LETTER THIS WEEK FROM SOMEBODY I WAS HELPING OUT

This is in reference to your application for a temporary residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Due to currency controls in effect in Nigeria, you must provide proof of having paid your entire tuition for the first academic year AS WELL AS one of the following: 1) a letter from a Canadian financial institution stating that living expenses for the upcoming academic year* are on deposit in the your name and a bank statement for the Canadian account; 2) a bank draft in foreign convertible currency for living expenses for the upcoming academic year* made payable to you; or 3) written assurance from the your bank that living expenses for the upcoming academic year* are on deposit as well as written assurance from the Central Bank of Nigeria that you will be permitted to export this amount. *For greater clarity, “living expenses for the upcoming academic year” means $10,000 CAD for 12 months or, if your course is shorter than 12 months, $833 CAD for each month of study. This must be received at this office by: 2017/05/26

Please note:
Submission in person will not be accepted anymore.
You must submit your information/document by e-mail to the following address accra.immigration@international.gc.ca
You must provide the above information/documents within the time given. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote your complete application number in your e-mail. All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Adesire1: 7:03pm On Apr 28, 2017
Hello house
Am new here,been following this thread for a while naw...have a question...how do I pay university of regina's school fees becos when I tried paying through flywire..the bank sed they can't pay to a third party but the school only accepts international payment through flywire...any university of regina student here that has paid his or her school fees?..pls help a sister out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Samo16: 7:16pm On Apr 28, 2017
My advise. If you have the means to reach those requirements do well to meet them. If not just make sure you apply because that's what am just gonna. Am not paying any tuition nor living expense until I get an official memo or mail as regards. Your case might be different. Success to y"ll.

ugolinze123:
DEAR NAIRALANDERS IF U ARE PLANNING TO TRAVEL TO CANADA VIA A STUDY PERMIT WITHOUT PAYING YOUR TUITION FROM NIGERIA JUST FORGET IT CUZ THINGS HAVE CHANGED

This is in reference to your application for a temporary residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Due to currency controls in effect in Nigeria, you must provide proof of having paid your entire tuition for the first academic year AS WELL AS one of the following: 1) a letter from a Canadian financial institution stating that living expenses for the upcoming academic year* are on deposit in the your name and a bank statement for the Canadian account; 2) a bank draft in foreign convertible currency for living expenses for the upcoming academic year* made payable to you; or 3) written assurance from the your bank that living expenses for the upcoming academic year* are on deposit as well as written assurance from the Central Bank of Nigeria that you will be permitted to export this amount. *For greater clarity, “living expenses for the upcoming academic year” means $10,000 CAD for 12 months or, if your course is shorter than 12 months, $833 CAD for each month of study. This must be received at this office by: 2017/05/26

Please note:
You must submit your information/document by e-mail to the following address accra.immigration@international.gc.ca
You must provide the above information/documents within the time given. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote your complete application number in your e-mail. All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by VeecThorr(m): 7:19pm On Apr 28, 2017
Adefolakemi:

It is kind of too late to apply for fall term. But you can still email the admissions department of the school to see if they are still admitting students.
If they aren't, you should be waiting for Winter 2018 term - if your program has a winter start date.
The international student application deadline according to their website is June 23rd 2017. I applied nearly two months ago due to some constraints, I was only able to pay the application fee last week. And they never sent an email saying it was too late.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by VeecThorr(m): 7:21pm On Apr 28, 2017
Nabby2603:
Hopefully it doesn't take that long. I doubt it will, seeing as fall term starts September.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nabby2603(f): 7:30pm On Apr 28, 2017
Fredozki:

Hmmm, how did you cope? You deferred to another start term?
yes o, I deferred till September 2017.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tobyharwe(m): 7:40pm On Apr 28, 2017
Osemigho:
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (SUMMER & FALL 2017)
1. Abiodunne October 5th, PGD, Conestoga. Paper route Medical Mail 14th february
2. Sundaydammy submission 13th oct, 2016 paper PGD mohawk college,
3. Ayos16, Submitted 22nd Dec,2016, Upfront Medical.
4. Atrapon January 9th,M.ed MUN, online route.
5. Ayoola03, 12th Jan, MESc UofWestern Ontario, paper route, Upfront Medical (passed).
6.Vinci500 January 18th, Msc. Uof BritColumbia, Online Route.
7. Tuzinde, February 1st, MEng Carleton university, paper route. Medical mail 24th April.
8. Deckonne February 3rd, PGD Lambton, Upfront Medical. APPROVED 23rd February
9. VVVVVV February 18th,UDalhoiuse, Online Route, Upfront Medicals.
10. Yemdogg, February 21, MA, CMU, Paper Route.
11. Piethewitch, March 8th, ....Durham College, Paper route, Approved.
12. Proxy, March 11, PGC Georgian College, Online Route.
13. Akanmu2013, 14th march,online PGD Seneca college
14. Osemigho, March 14, MA, UofCalgary, Upfront Medical passed.
15. Maxicon, March 14, PGD UWinnipeg, Upfront Medical, Paper route
16. Canadian nurse, March 28,university of Manitoba, paper route.
17. Kprake9, March 29, Pilot training, Paper Route, Upfront Medical.
18. bdcity2, march 30, PGD, NSCC, paper route
19. aliACCA, March 31, MA, UoM, Paper Route, Upfront Medical Passed.
20. Ozzy 2, April 3rd, LLM, York University, Paper Route, Upfront Medical passed.
21. Darrelah, April 3rd, MSc, University of Regina, Online route
22. Maziude, April 17th, phd, uottawa,onliine route, Medical mail on 24/04/2017.
23. Kranjar, April 18, MA, UNB, paper route, upfront medical.
24. Ope100, April 19th, College Diploma, Holland College, Online route.
25. Gfeuxay, April 27th, pgc, Centennial college, Paper route.

Congrats to those approved, the delayed should repackage, restrategise, and reapply.

when you submit your TRV Application kindly update the house on your timeline.

It will end with praises.

26. Tobyharze, April 28, PGC, Conestoga college, paper route, upfront medical.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Fredozki(m): 7:44pm On Apr 28, 2017
Nabby2603:
yes o, I deferred till September 2017.

Okay, have you started your study permit application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tuzinde(m): 7:58pm On Apr 28, 2017
ugolinze123:

Please note:

@ugolinze123, at what point was this mail received, before or after medicals was done
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by squash1986(m): 8:42pm On Apr 28, 2017
Austinpee4:

Some of us here dey sabi worry ourselves over nothing!

While it is good to substantiate with evidence about being employed, there are other documents to add to proof this, EMPLOYMENT LETTER is one of such!

If you choose to add other documents to your application fine. I will agree with @Chimah3 and @MichV on different points.

The main essence of adding your payslip, SOA should be to show that you too beside sponsorship have been earning cash from what you claimed you are doing and more especially to show that you can earn enough to pay for subsequent year(s) in a case of self sponsorship.

On the other hand, if you are sponsored and feel that by adding your SOA, etc, you will complicate you application, kindly leave it out. A signed letter from your organisation, recommendations, attestation etc will show proof that you have been engaged with such establishment. The MAIN benefit of being sponsored is that your sponsor now takes full responsibility of ALL your financial obligations. If you have other assets to add in your name, good.

IRCC will most certainly asses your capacity (sponsored or self sponsored) to meet all financial demands and requirement during the entire duration of your study in canada especially your first year. The stronger they are, the better your chance.

Adding SOA or NOT should be dependent on the point(s) your are trying to proof.(eg, sponsor transferred funds to you, you also have savings, you have earnings that will be coming to you even while studying, sponsoring yourself). It shouldn't be a trend to follow. Most important thing should be that your financial capability and statement meet all the requirements as stipulated by the IRCC act.

Thank you bros, thank you so much. You have really made my mind settle down about this challenge.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by VeecThorr(m): 8:46pm On Apr 28, 2017
Nabby2603:
Quick question, did you enroll in MSVU?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Rocorleone: 9:04pm On Apr 28, 2017
ugolinze123:

Please note:

Some schools won't accept any payments till you have started your program an got a trv.
Don't forget some schools set their own rules

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 9:12pm On Apr 28, 2017
taiwo92:
Good morning guys please I applied to UNB last month and the ever since then have not heard from them. please when do they usually send offer. thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Samo16: 9:56pm On Apr 28, 2017
My advise. If you have the means to reach those requirements do well to meet them. If not just make sure you apply because that's what am just gonna. Am not paying any tuition nor living expense until I get an official memo or mail as regards. Your case might be different. Success to y"ll.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Samo16: 10:00pm On Apr 28, 2017

Some schools won't accept any payments till you have started your program an got a trv.
Don't forget some schools set their own rules[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by einsteino(m): 10:22pm On Apr 28, 2017
ugolinze123:

The bolded isn't difficult, so it isn't a lost cause.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 10:33pm On Apr 28, 2017
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (SUMMER & FALL 2017)
1. Abiodunne October 5th, PGD, Conestoga. Paper route Medical Mail 14th february
2. Sundaydammy submission 13th oct, 2016 paper PGD mohawk college,
3. Ayos16, Submitted 22nd Dec,2016, Upfront Medical.
4. Atrapon January 9th,M.ed MUN, online route.
5. Ayoola03, 12th Jan, MESc UofWestern Ontario, paper route, Upfront Medical (passed).
6.Vinci500 January 18th, Msc. Uof BritColumbia, Online Route.
7. Tuzinde, February 1st, MEng Carleton university, paper route. Medical mail 24th April.
8. Deckonne February 3rd, PGD Lambton, Upfront Medical. APPROVED 23rd February
9. VVVVVV February 18th,UDalhoiuse, Online Route, Upfront Medicals.
10. Yemdogg, February 21, MA, CMU, Paper Route.
11. Piethewitch, March 8th, ....Durham College, Paper route, Approved.
12. Proxy, March 11, PGC Georgian College, Online Route.
13. Akanmu2013, 14th march,online PGD Seneca college
14. Osemigho, March 14, MA, UofCalgary, Upfront Medical passed.
15. Maxicon, March 14, PGD UWinnipeg, Upfront Medical, Paper route
16. Canadian nurse, March 28,university of Manitoba, paper route.
17. Kprake9, March 29, Pilot training, Paper Route, Upfront Medical.
18. bdcity2, march 30, PGD, NSCC, paper route
19. aliACCA, March 31, MA, UoM, Paper Route, Upfront Medical Passed.
20. Ozzy 2, April 3rd, LLM, York University, Paper Route, Upfront Medical passed.
21. Darrelah, April 3rd, MSc, University of Regina, Online route
22. Maziude, April 17th, phd, uottawa,onliine route, Medical mail on 24/04/2017.
23. Kranjar, April 18, MA, UNB, paper route, upfront medical.
24. Ope100, April 19th, College Diploma, Holland College, Online route.
25. Gfeuxay, April 27th, pgc, Centennial college, Paper route.
26. Tobyharze, April 28, PGC, Conestoga college, paper route, upfront medical.

Congrats to those approved, the delayed should repackage, restrategise, and reapply.

when you submit your TRV Application kindly update the house on your timeline.

It will end with praises.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Johnmolla007: 10:42pm On Apr 28, 2017
Please, can someone explain to me how to track my application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yamen21(m): 11:07pm On Apr 28, 2017
It'll be 16weeks next week

Ejaloni123:

Is ur application still within the processing time?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Msp: 12:09am On Apr 29, 2017
Hello,
Which bank did u try? I think you should print a page from flywires website showing what they are all about. If you can also print this info (how to pay tuition via flywire) from UofR's webpage and take to d bank to show the bankers. So that they can understand how it works.

Once it's Form A, these bankers tend to thread carefully.

Adesire1:
Hello house
Am new here,been following this thread for a while naw...have a question...how do I pay university of regina's school fees becos when I tried paying through flywire..the bank sed they can't pay to a third party but the school only accepts international payment through flywire...any university of regina student here that has paid his or her school fees?..pls help a sister out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Adefolakemi: 12:21am On Apr 29, 2017
VeecThorr:

The international student application deadline according to their website is June 23rd 2017. I applied nearly two months ago due to some constraints, I was only able to pay the application fee last week. And they never sent an email saying it was too late.

Hence what i said in my last reply, your application isn't confirmed or considered until you pay your application fee. Which means you applied last week. You should email the school and confirm they have gotten all the documents you need to submit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by MissOlawumi(f): 1:17am On Apr 29, 2017

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by VeecThorr(m): 3:56am On Apr 29, 2017
Adefolakemi:

Hence what i said in my last reply, your application isn't confirmed or considered until you pay your application fee. Which means you applied last week. You should email the school and confirm they have gotten all the documents you need to submit.
Ok,thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Richy44: 4:54am On Apr 29, 2017
Please how do I get the Part1 to 12 am new here wanna this a try by God's grace in Christ Jesus please help. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.