Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,373 members, 7,812,093 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) (41637 Views)

Annoying Things Lagos Drivers Do On The Road By AutoReportNG / Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars / Durability Of Innoson Cars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by ezeagu(m): 1:08am On Mar 02, 2017
Opakan2:
Lemme be honest with you..

yorubas have seen civilization more than any other tribe and will never compromise on standard and safety. Innoson can keep welding motor parts as if it's wheel barrow he's producing with no prototype or models.

Sooner or later those companies he's stealing their concept will sue him, then he'll know whatsup

I trust abok.iis, they fear ibo pass anything.. they'll rather trek than board any vehicle made by ibos

The majority of your people still live in slums and backward hamlets so what is this civilisation you're on about?

3 Likes

Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by myplaydiary: 1:14am On Mar 02, 2017
Walphem:
The thread your responded to as been vague was absolutely more in depth than yours. He gave facts, while you argued on emotions. As RIM where are they today? Also where is NOKIA today? If you don't take the right steps at the right time, one will just be part of evolution.

Innosson can not thrive with its current business model.
Facts you say? Comparing a company that is barely 15 years with Multinationals and companies that are over 150 years, featuring in the F1 race and own car brands like the RR and you say facts, now let me ask you would it be fair to have a JSS3 pupil write Senior WAEC with SS3 students simply because they are all student? Stop putting Innoson and Multinationals in the same sentence compare innoson with other African brands like the one made in Ghana then we can see how it fairs.Innoson has to start from some where to grow. Shalom.
Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by GEJPosterity: 1:19am On Mar 02, 2017
ezeagu:

The majority of your people still live in slums and backward hamlets so what is this civilisation you're on about?
Shofees-teecashion grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by myplaydiary: 1:25am On Mar 02, 2017
hugoboss70:
I took my time to carefully read both write ups and agree with certain points of both writers. I wish to point out some reasons why I tend to agree more with the rebuttal. In doing a major brand marketing and expansion of showrooms across the country the cost to innoson would run into billions of naira. Money which I don't think any indeginious manufacturer can afford to part with bearing in mind the risk involved in such a venture. Spending such huge amount of money could kill the biznes totally. Also imagine a scenerio where innoson actually borrows from a bank to do this all a foriegn manufacturer needs do to kill innoson would be to crash the price of there cars bearing in mind that they have access to cheaper electricity and government grants to protect there bizness. No one will buy a well marketed innoson suv for 8million when a Toyota suv could go for 7million. And with billions of naira spent on marketing and expanion innoson would definetly go under sooner or later. When dis happen the foreign manufacturer then steps in and buys over innoson. As much as we would all love to see innoson everywhere at once it makes more bizness sense to start small and gradually buy the hearts of the populace rather than involve in a popularity contest with a known maker. I believe he Is moving in the right direction in trying to get all levels of government and military to solely use his product then establish a fallback or backbone for his bizness before gradually entering the market. My personal opinion I may be wrong but it's just my own 2cents. Ps both ops mean well so I really don't see a need for bants being thrown or insults. NIGERIA WILL BE GREAT SOON
Thanks you really do get the drift... I couldn't have said it any better. frankly speaking i really don't understand the banters here and there some are even trying to tribalize this thread.
Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by 111jideofor: 1:43am On Mar 02, 2017
BlindAngel:
Innoson cars indeed, una want make person dey drive for road then unexpectedly his tires will pull off
you are just a lunatic
Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by myplaydiary: 1:52am On Mar 02, 2017
chronique:
I can't argue with the OP but there are some things that do not add up. A company that cannot produce enough for local consumption, is selling cars in Ghana(exporting)? Just the way Nigeria can't provide constant electricity for 180m people,but can supply electricity to Benin republic and they have almost 24hrs power supply? I guess this is a Nigerian problem. What is the population of Ghana? Can it be compared with Nigeria? Do you have an idea of the amount of cars that come into this country daily? Innoson can't even cater for 5% of the volume of sales; so what business do they have exporting to Ghana?

How many units of buses, cars, SUV, trucks, etc,do they roll out every year? If they can't meet demand, shouldn't that be seen as a good problem? Does the management not know about SWOT analysis? If they can't meet demand, shouldn't they begin to think of expansion? I could go on and on and on. But one thing is sure, as far as the business of vehicle manufacturing is concerned and the management of the business, they are not doing the right thing. Let someone like Dangote delve into that sector, and see what wonders he would perform.
He is not producing to sell to Ghanaians he produced based on orders made from Ghanaian Government, or would he have refused the offer? then what becomes of the relationship between the company and the Ghanaian Government that made the order.
Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by castrokins(m): 1:59am On Mar 02, 2017
Both Threads Are Good For Innosons. Keep Churning Them Out Brothers.
The Keyword: Innosons

1 Like

Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by castrokins(m): 2:02am On Mar 02, 2017
Both Threads Are Good For Innosons. Keep Churning Them Out Brothers...

The Keyword: Innosons
Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by vicadex07(m): 2:17am On Mar 02, 2017
myplaydiary:
Your problem is not really a big one, you simply have comprehension problem, which you can correct by reading primary school comprehension text books and answering the questions correctly.

You're a dumbass fucktarrrrd. Why are you so quick to insult anyone that tries to engage you. So it's a crime to disagree with you abi... Nonsense...

angry

2 Likes

Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by gretblue: 2:37am On Mar 02, 2017
Innoson prefers to remain at their Comfort zone, which is not healthy in any business line.

2 Likes

Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by myplaydiary: 2:45am On Mar 02, 2017
vicadex07:

You're a dumbass fucktarrrrd. Why are you so quick to insult anyone that tries to engage you. So it's a crime to disagree with you abi... Nonsense...

angry
Its you throwing the insults here, However i will answer your question without throwing jabs, you want an answer why i was rude to him right? My reason is this; If he read the post as expected, in that post i addressed all the issues he raised, but he asked everything that had been addressed is that post, if he read that post why would he ask the same questions that have been addressed if that is not a comprehension problem, what is? Minds you having a comprehension problem is not an insult not everybody is good at comprehension same way not everyone is good with Maths. I am writing this in very simple English so i don't have the same problem with you. Please read slowly again before you comment.
Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by vicadex07(m): 3:03am On Mar 02, 2017
myplaydiary:
Its you throwing the insults here, However i will answer your question without throwing jabs, you want an answer why i was rude to him right? My reason is this; If he read the post as expected, in that post i addressed all the issues he raised, but he asked everything that had been addressed is that post, if he read that post why would he ask the same questions that have been addressed if that is not a comprehension problem, what is? Minds you having a comprehension problem is not an insult not everybody is good at comprehension same way not everyone is good with Maths. I am writing this in very simple English so i don't have the same problem with you. Please read slowly again before you comment.

You typed all that nonsense just to fool yourself once more. I asked you a simple question and you're here typing epistle just to massage your bloated ego and sound intelligent to yourself. Well-done mr "comprehensive" college teacher.

I wasn't referring to only that post I quoted. I went through many other peoples post you quoted and you replied almost all of them insultingly.

2 Likes

Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by Badgers14: 3:03am On Mar 02, 2017
myplaydiary:
My write up must have hit a nerve for you to think i work with innoson, while i would love too work with them though, i however need to draw your errs to public knowledge. Your post was indeed very misleading, too bad for an auto blogger, i understand you must eat but do so with common sense, don't pull one down to exalt yourself, i would have love to educate you further but i see you are really hurting already.

Have a good evening.

I didn't want to quote your original post because it is too long.

You have a nice points though... That's common sense strategy.

But considering Nigeria government and their ways of making policies. They should ban the importation of foreign cars and let people buy IVM. That's how they so it with dangote nau grin grin

1 Like

Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by Nobody: 4:08am On Mar 02, 2017
Lordsocrates:
I think our problem as a Nation is that Elections has so destroyed our mindsets so that.. its either you are for PDP or APC, you are for Nigeria or Biafra, You are for Not to rule, or you are not.. you are Christian or Muslim...

we are so divided that we forget that some grey lines exist, that they are people, who stand in between, and are for the well being of Humanity.

I am a very proud Nigerian, the first time I heard of the Innoson brand, I ran to Facebook and made so much noise that Nigeria has finally produced a car...
but fast forward to today, I was hoping that by now, innoson will conquer the market, but here in Aks that is relatively close to d east, I see innoson once in 6months..

Autong.. Was only trying to offer some advice, which companies pay billions to consultancy firm for..and all you think is that he hates innoson, you u hv to do a rebuttal trade for it to pain him.
I was hoping that in your rebuttal you will contradict all he started..
like the (1). poor customer service.
(2) no advert (3) no showroom (4) creativity in design etc...
bit you ran up here to defend failure.

its the Nigerian Mentality that is killing everything.. you say a govt is not performing and people come telling you why you should not say its not performing...

innoson is selling himself short, the whole Nigerian Market is his to conquer... he may borrow money to expand, or he may continue playing small, while the OP continues playing drums for him... same as there are people playing drums for the govt even when they fail at some things. this attitude is destroying our country and we need to stop it.. can't someone gv a honest and logical criticism without being a hater ?

3 Likes

Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by Nobody: 4:19am On Mar 02, 2017
myplaydiary:
Facts you say? Comparing a company that is barely 15 years with Multinationals and companies that are over 150 years, featuring in the F1 race and own car brands like the RR and you say facts, now let me ask you would it be fair to have a JSS3 pupil write Senior WAEC with SS3 students simply because they are all student? Stop putting Innoson and Multinationals in the same sentence compare innoson with other African brands like the one made in Ghana then we can see how it fairs.Innoson has to start from some where to grow. Shalom.
Guy,stop shooting yourself in the foot. Many of us were excited and even shared Innoson posts on our facebook page because we want to develop and patronize made in nigeria but it seem you are justifying failure and lack of foresight of innoson. This might even be the time for innoson to take over the market and address the problems raised against innoson;bad customer service,marketing. . All i see is fear,wrong attitude by innoson.

3 Likes

Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by Naijafirst: 4:21am On Mar 02, 2017
I am sorry to mix the matter up a little more. The real problem with innoson is selfishness. Where else in the world does a car manufacturer go it alone. Innoson ought to float his company and expand into a proper car plant that will take up half of Nnewi. Instead, he is stuck in his selfish drive to grow it for just himself. He is forgetting that the Nigerian Indians are working underground to mess him up. I dey wait for the time when they will show their real move.
Innoson is wasting the goodwill of Nigerians. He will pay for it in a very high way. Unless he does the needful by cashing in on the current situation by floating, then another Arik Air story part 2 is already selecting the nolywood cast. I sidon dey look.

3 Likes

Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by oseiwe(m): 4:52am On Mar 02, 2017
myplaydiary:
My write up must have hit a nerve for you to think i work with innoson, while i would love too work with them though, i however need to draw your errs to public knowledge. Your post was indeed very misleading, too bad for an auto blogger, i understand you must eat but do so with common sense, don't pull one down to exalt yourself, i would have love to educate you further but i see you are really hurting already.

Have a good evening.
why will innoson make a toyota hiace replica, so that I will not know and say it is borrowed tech?
from your point, he doesnt want foreign manufacturers to set up plant here, the only thing i see here is the end of IVM when Chief Innocent himself is no more.

2 Likes

Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by miketayo(m): 5:57am On Mar 02, 2017
Do they have a show room in Lagos? No
Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by lexy2014: 6:08am On Mar 02, 2017
myplaydiary:
who says innoson is not active on social media the issue to be discussed is if he is doing enough on social media, and if it is established to a logical end that he is not doing enough, reason should be determined before judgement or castigation, non of which was established in the previous post.

Also is its only social media, that you interact with clients do you know for one if he has or uses other channels, do you know if he sends newsletters because i for one know he once had a partnership with a bank to promote and market the cars at subsidised rates, why didnt first OP give him credit for that.

Mr., is it only social media that you get information of what is happening in your enviroment, i dont want to believe you are trolling or just being sentimental.

Answer to your Questions:
Is the local bottle water made in your area competing with Eva water made by coca cola? but they sell? don't they?

Going by their current production capacity innoson is over strectched, so yes it is safe to say innoson is in high demand in Nigeria, by their own standards. Like i said at the moment innoson is in no competition with any "multinational" coy so why call toyota, when the time is right innoson will compete favorably.

Individuals are not necessarily the "references, customers and clients" i was referring too, infact i was not referring to individual at all, i cleary mentioned, Federal and state government also add Agencies, Parastatals, Corporate organizations, NGO's and Churches, if Innoson gets this right, like i said the sales becomes organic as trust and confidence will be establish in the car brand, and sales will come in via referral and word of mouth publicity.

Mr., That is for sincere and honest feedback, what you read on this thread by those who have never seen an innoson, but will still be the first to tell you that the tires will fall off or the car would burst into flames, are those honest feedbacks? or do you think these same people wont go and troll the innoson pages. See i was not being sentimental in my post and i was not trying to bash the op of the first thread i was simply trying to let him see through the lines but his ego let him take it personal.

If after reading my post and reading this comment and you still maintain thesame stand then you are not being sincere and i just wasted my time responding to you questions.
hahaha....u responded as if innoson is a person so dont take this issue personal as u are doing. Innoson is a biz entity.u c this ought not to b about autoregs ego or my level of sentimentality but facts as they are. I clearly don't c what u are arguing about.u are just being unnecessarily defensive &contradictory not interactive. d points raised by auto and others are salient points for biz improvement.d biz strategies u say innoson is practicing cant get it anywhere.e.g.if according 2u innoson has to wait 4 FG,states,NGOs e.t.c to patronise it b4 it can make sales instead of taking advantage of d ready mkt which is made up of individuals,then sorry is its case.
this has nothing to do with sentiments cos there's no room 4 that in biz

1 Like

Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by Nnabugwu8590: 6:50am On Mar 02, 2017
chronique:
I can't argue with the OP but there are some things that do not add up. A company that cannot produce enough for local consumption, is selling cars in Ghana(exporting)? Just the way Nigeria can't provide constant electricity for 180m people,but can supply electricity to Benin republic and they have almost 24hrs power supply? I guess this is a Nigerian problem. What is the population of Ghana? Can it be compared with Nigeria? Do you have an idea of the amount of cars that come into this country daily? Innoson can't even cater for 5% of the volume of sales; so what business do they have exporting to Ghana?

How many units of buses, cars, SUV, trucks, etc,do they roll out every year? If they can't meet demand, shouldn't that be seen as a good problem? Does the management not know about SWOT analysis? If they can't meet demand, shouldn't they begin to think of expansion? I could go on and on and on. But one thing is sure, as far as the business of vehicle manufacturing is concerned and the management of the business, they are not doing the right thing. Let someone like Dangote delve into that sector, and see what wonders he would perform.
My dear, sorry to ask you this, have you heard of business map model before? If you have and you practically know what it entails to any company/organisation, then you will know that SWOT is one of the offsprings of business map model. We have governance model, we have revenue model
Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by EmekaBlue(m): 6:52am On Mar 02, 2017
D real fact aside ur write up is plain Jealousy coz its done by those yeebos abi yamiri
Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by Nobody: 6:57am On Mar 02, 2017
If not corruption, why not FG lift the tax of other imported cars by 300% so that innoson will grow and have branches all over the country. In malaysia, their home cars are cheap but the price of cars that are imported is tremendous. So malaysians drive their own car and this also helps them to reduce the amount of dollars sent out of their country, provides jobs for the citizen. And if they have much population, other car companies will like to have their plant in Malaysia because the barely sell, thereby providing more jobs and strengthen the economy. Nigeria is big for nothing

1 Like

Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by Menace2Society(m): 6:59am On Mar 02, 2017
ChiefSweetus:

You are mad!
You lucky say i no quote 80% for you. grin abeg lets move on from this contentious 30%, i never chop bro. cheesy
Go siddon jare!typical Ibo man grin lie lie

1 Like

Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by Menace2Society(m): 7:07am On Mar 02, 2017
EmekaBlue:
D real fact aside ur write up is plain Jealousy coz its done by those yeebos abi yamiri
Typical Ibo man grin

1 Like

Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by solomedoh: 7:11am On Mar 02, 2017
For advertisement of organisation's goods and services on our platform, please contact me. 09030735110
Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by intrepid: 7:13am On Mar 02, 2017
I have seen many people here talking about Innoson making cheap cars?

What actually is the price range that would be cheap according to you guys analysis? Is it possible for Innoson, in a country without power to produce a car and sell less than 1 million? I doubt if that would be possible.

Also let's consider that he doesn't get all the waivers and support like Dangote(for those comparing him to Dangote) and we all know why.

I think Innoson knows most of these things the OP enumerated and I believe they are trying in that direction too.

I agree that their marketing is poor and their social media presence is backward too. As a matter of fact, some brands can sell big just by going viral on social media.

Do Nigerians have confidence to buy into Innoson should he attempt to go public? However, I also believe that he can't continue as a one man business for too long. He must go public for it to be meaningful.

I must definitely own a share in the company.

Thanks both of you for enlightenment

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by Nobody: 7:15am On Mar 02, 2017
HateU2, am not cool with the fact that I haven't heard from you even after doing what is necessary
Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by solomedoh: 7:16am On Mar 02, 2017
For advertisement of organisation's goods and services on our media house (Quest Radio & Quest TV platform located in Ughelli please contact me. 09030735110. Thank you
Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by AndyCole16(m): 7:24am On Mar 02, 2017
myplaydiary:
You are not seeing the clear picture here, we are talking about an indigenous company that can barely raise forex against multinationals, i hope you notice how federal government started to favour nissan the moment they indicated interest to setup shop in Nigeria and did you see how they got all the patronages when they came on stream while innoson looked on, like i said i only tried to keep the post short, i could keep going, but i needed nairalanders to read before commenting It's just like saying Big Cola going against coca cola. No chance bruv.
Guy......go and sleep. You mess up in your analysis. All because you need an attention from one company. Now you see intelligently responses from page 2 of this thread condemning your attitude. Not those who rush to give you some likes.
Many things are not adding up in your post. Engage me as you are threatening others. I'm ready for you..Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by Nobody: 7:25am On Mar 02, 2017
The truth is that innoson is not manufacturing cars, he's just assembling CKDs in Nigeria. There is nothing Nigerian about the cars he makes.

India makes TATA ,Mahindra you can see that its indigenous vehicle which is still shipped to other countries in the world.

Innoson is busy assembling vehicles made in china by Geely and the likes.

There is no single local Nigerian content in these cars even the plastics are imported.

If he had used our raffia or palm trees to make carpet mats in the vehicles I would have said that he made an effort.

I d rather take my chances on a foreign used reliable vehicle than an untested scam experiment.

Foreign car manufacturers can't set up plants here because the conditions for a successful plant operation like stable power infrastructure and good governance are missing here.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Innoson Vehicle Used By The Buhari's Administration (Photos) / This Is How To Crush A ₦49m Ferrari 360 Spider With A Bulldozer / Mechanic Creates 2-faced Car That Can Be Driven Forward & Back At The Same Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.