Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,676 members, 7,837,502 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? (6027 Views)

B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News!!! Sick Buhari Cancel Kaduna Rally / How Can Sick Soldiers Be In Full Regalia In Hospital Bed? / I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by jiniux(m): 4:14pm On Dec 16, 2009
jiniux:

This is the life saving thing have done for Yar'adua, that most of his pals will not do for him.

I told Him to resign for the good of Nigeria and in His best interest so as to enjoy more years on earth,

but i don't know, seems he is still thinking about the advice.
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by Ben13: 4:20pm On Dec 16, 2009
I wished him a quick recovery.
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by kayc33(m): 4:26pm On Dec 16, 2009
prayed for him to resign
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by PurestBoy(m): 4:40pm On Dec 16, 2009
Ben-10:

I wished him a quick recovery.

I pray exactly opposite
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by Reptyle(m): 4:46pm On Dec 16, 2009
What has this "President" done for me lately?

I live in a country where I personally generate 98% of the electricity I consume, despite having to pay stupendous amounts on monthly power bills for PHCN light I hardly ever see; I generate 100% of water I use in my abode; my neighbours and I built and take care of the roads that lead to my abode; We pay money monthly to a private vigilante to guarantee our security; yet a huge chunk of my monthly income is paid back to government as tax, to ensure that my family and I can at least enjoy some of the bare necessities of life.

Now I can't even find fuel to buy to power my generators. My President is absent from duty because he is sick. he has refused to resign because his lackeys have convinced him that the Presidency is his birthright and he can rule from anywhere, perhaps even from the great beyond, He has refused to hand over to his deputy, not like that would change anything anyway,

I do not wish him dead for that would make me inhuman. Besides I am a christian and I believe that he is in power today only because God has allowed it. If you doubt that, ask Abacha, or Bode George, or Tafa Balogun.  But the truth is that I am not moved to say any prayers for Yaradua. I rather pray to God to liberate my country from the clutches of this brood of vampires sucking away at its life blood,
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by mmaks: 4:48pm On Dec 16, 2009
i prayed that he should not plunge this country into chaos by holding on to power by all means.  He should have the grace to leave the stage when the ovation is loudest and take care of himself .is it too much to ask undecided
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by mikeoscar: 5:03pm On Dec 16, 2009
What did the president do for me when he was in office.

He is still in office na, abi him don step down or handover from SA?
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by Chubiko: 5:07pm On Dec 16, 2009
I have prayed for him to see reason and resign while alive before he dies in office out of longer throat and mess up further this unfortunate giant of Africa.
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 16, 2009
I may not have remembered to pray for him but sincerely speaking I always have him in mind as the day goes by wishing him well!!!
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 16, 2009
Pray daily
Hopes he gets better,becuase he has the been the closet thing we have seen in sanity for a couple years unlike OBJ or aBACHA era
I hope he makes it because he is the closest thing we have seen in Justice( i remember how terrorised and victimised we had in the Ribadu and Rufai era.
am grateful for Yaradua and if prayers will help,i will continue to pray,but my fear is that its always the good that die young
while the terrible live to ripe old ages
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by sayso: 5:37pm On Dec 16, 2009
is it not a normality in life when a man gets closer to his grave,he tends to give everything to the people?
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by Fhemmmy: 5:38pm On Dec 16, 2009
At least i have told him to go fukc himself . . . cos he hates himself.
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by jejelolatu(f): 5:41pm On Dec 16, 2009
Reading thru dis thread cracks me up!

Theres an adage in yoruba, they say that " wen a young man is cutting a tree in d forest, d elders knw d exact spot where it wud fall"

in 2007, obasanjo described yaraduas election as "do or die" guess we undastand d irony berra now! Lol

anywaz, as far as am concerned whether he resigns or not, dude has until may 2011 to hold to us ransom.

I wnt apologies for having more pressing matters to pray about.

For instance, maybe i wud hv time to pray for mr president rite now if i didnt hv to pray dat dere wud be fuel @ d petrol station, so i wnt hv to sleep in heat nd darkness 2nite.
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by Gaco(f): 5:47pm On Dec 16, 2009
Come to think of it; I wish him quick recovery.

@Poster, Dis ur post is kind of shady, I suspect some kind of fowl play, U know what I mean

fire4fire:

@poster,I dont understand your question, what do you want me to do for yardua? that is a very sensless question. A country with a population of about 150million and at least 90million abled bodied healthy men we now choose to put a sick man in power that has refused to give way, even insist to die in power. I wonder what you want me to do for him, if not to wait and see !!!!!!!!
@ fire4fire, I agree that the quetion is uncalled for but  what are u waiting to see?
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by foyeks2001(f): 5:52pm On Dec 16, 2009
av been praying for him
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by Mekana(m): 6:05pm On Dec 16, 2009
A very nonsensical question. Does the poster expect an answer, or is it a rhetorical question? Nigeria should be guided by the rule of law and constitutionalism. If, for instance, the lagos strip clubs were operating within the prism of law despite public emotion, they should be allowed to operate or challenged through a court, not flagrant raidings. What does the 1999 constitution say about the health of a sitting president? If he appears incapacitated by an illness (in this case illnesses), then he should resign or be booted out. A lot of ppl talk about praying for him, i don't have a problem with that but leadership is rigorous and demanding, a president should be very healthy and capable of handling anything that comes his/her way. He is really slowing governance down badly. He might need to quit otherwise, i call upon this puppet National Assembly to do their job for once and restore credibility to the polity.
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by Fhemmmy: 6:17pm On Dec 16, 2009
All those that claimed to have been praying for him are bunch of liars . . . . . tongue
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 16, 2009
I am a very sympathetic person. But for Yars, nothing moves me close enough to be sympathethic infact the opposite is the case. Is anything wrong with me or is this man's case beyond remedy? Something must have made my heart so . . .
Contrary to what some posters wrote on a Christian's duty to pray for our leaders, I have no obligation to pray for Yars infact when prayers were raised in my Church and @ home I simply pray for something else, something better. Christian faith demands we pray for our enemies
But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you (Luke 6:27-28)
, maybe this is what they meant. But Yars is not my enemy. To answer your question "what have you done for our sick president?" Ans: I search online and in the Dailies for every piece of bad news from his hospital bed, May God forgive me but this is giving me a very strange sense of  comfort grin
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by chosen04(f): 7:07pm On Dec 16, 2009
Those praying for him to live. Did he tell you guys that he wants to live?

The man wants to go to heaven early and relax.
Why forcing him to remain on earth and keep suffering?

****I doubt if you people wish what he wishes himself*****
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by Fhemmmy: 7:20pm On Dec 16, 2009
Lol
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by skfa1: 7:42pm On Dec 16, 2009
Prayed for him for quick recovery
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by bighead1(m): 8:08pm On Dec 16, 2009
i wake up every morning praying for him to die on time so that a better someone can take over and the power can shift to other ppl too
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by oakcha(m): 8:11pm On Dec 16, 2009
I DON'T THINK I WILL EVER WISH HIM WELL,
IF HE IS A GOOD LEADER THE WHOLE COUNTRY WILL JOIN HANDS TO WISH HIM WELL IRRESPECTIVE OF WHICH PART OF THE COUNTRY HE IS FROM.
The Bible says when the righteous are in authority there are shout of joy but when the wicked are in authourity the people mourn,
I guess every body on this forum will agree with me that the president has not been a good leader ever since he came on board,
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by Kaiser5000: 8:22pm On Dec 16, 2009
@ poster
You cannot be serious! You want to know what i have done for the (president we did not elect)?
Well we have allowed him to take our money to go to a foreign country to see if they can keep him alive while the rest of us deal with the mess he left behind. You think if he did not have access to those hospitals abroad he would still be alive? Now think of all those Nigerians that have even less serious ailments and die needlessly in a country he has not made one effort to change. for Christ's sake he was a Governor with nearly absolute power for 8 years and he id not see it fit to build a hospital that can serve him? The one he is now dying in, was it built by ghosts? or by forward thinking leaders?
And please stop your nonsense about other African countries not having good hospitals and schools! So since they don't have them we should lower our aspirations? You must be kidding! The Asian countries that are developed now i bet you they did not get where they are today thinking the way you are.
Mind it is not a bad thing if he resigns, it's not as if he is the best and brightest that we have to run our country. You question should be what could he have done for Nigeria when he had a chance because right now he cannot even help himself, we are the ones doing him a favor by paying for him to sit in a hospital in a country with power while we literally sit in the dark wondering what next?
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by shoboy9: 8:59pm On Dec 16, 2009
Or do you mean what should be done? If a man is sick, it makes sense to advise him to rest. If his job prevents him from rest, it is only humane to advice him to find something less tasking to do. If it appears the man may die, it also makes sense to advise him to amend whatever might need amending in his life as soon as he can. I beleive all this is very simple and very obvious.
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by keeptalkin(m): 9:48pm On Dec 16, 2009
what has he done for us?
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by Fhemmmy: 9:49pm On Dec 16, 2009
keeptalkin:

what has he done for us?

Na wa for yu self.
Apart from enjoying power, what has he done for himself?
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by greateliso(m): 9:54pm On Dec 16, 2009
hummmm,
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by axeman85(m): 11:05pm On Dec 16, 2009
wish him recovery but wont pray and neither will i fast at all becos he doesnt desrve it for what he and his pdp cohorts ahve done and doing to my beloved country and fellow brothers and sistr BUt most importantly he just pack his bags and go to HELL.
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by Fhemmmy: 11:24pm On Dec 16, 2009
axeman85:

wish him recovery but wont pray and neither will i fast at all becos he doesnt desrve it for what he and his pdp cohorts ahve done and doing to my beloved country and fellow brothers and sistr BUt most importantly he just pack his bags and go to HELL.

Amen and so shall it be

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Developing Story: Labour To Meet At 1pm / Merlin Season 7 Is Out Officially / I Have Never Taken Any Dime From Any Political Candidate – Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.