Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. - Travel (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. (493385 Views)

Canada Port of entry interview /experience / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by souleymon(m): 5:12am On Jan 03, 2018
coldsummer:
Good morning all. Arrived Atlanta yesterday about 6 pm. Will update you soon

Where in Atlanta are you visiting
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 11:08am On Jan 03, 2018
TheCongo2:

seyewest, at least for this one let's try to agree to disagree
Otg001 or oketg indicated that at the POE, a family of 4 were given permission to stay in the States for 6 months.
After 2 weeks, the wife decided to return to Nigeria with the kids while the husband stay behind.
What is illegal about that? So long as the husband doesn't go beyond the 6 months, there is nothing wrong.
I have seen that you have been throwing a lot the word illegal on many posts and you have been accusing people without any proof.
What happened to the presumption of innocence?

I know where you're coming from... Let me tell you this fact even if the husband will return before end of 6 months don't you know he stayed behind to work? come one let us not behave like we don't know what is going on.... On a normal day it will be the husband returning to Nigeria because of work while the rest of his family stay behind for few more weeks or month.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by TheCongo2: 2:39pm On Jan 03, 2018
seyewest:

I know where you're coming from... Let me tell you this fact even if the husband will return before end of 6 months don't you know he stayed behind to work? come one let us not behave like we don't know what is going on.... On a normal day it will be the husband returning to Nigeria because of work while the rest of his family stay behind for few more weeks or month.

It is possible that he is staying behind to work.
It is also possible that he is staying behind for other reasons no related to work
We dont have all the facts to make assumptions or accusations.
Let us stick to the facts presented on the post.

3 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by olumig(m): 4:30pm On Jan 03, 2018
haywhy1:

You can't drive with the Nigerian drivers license.... Its better you process the international drivers license before coming down. It is acceptable for international drivers during their short stay. It normally takes few days in processing... All you need is your current drivers license, 2passport photographs and processing fee...... I hope this helps?
Certain States allow you to drive with Nigeria Driver license like California.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 4:42pm On Jan 03, 2018
TheCongo2:

It is possible that he is staying behind to work.
It is also possible that he is staying behind for other reasons no related to work
We dont have all the facts to make assumptions or accusations.
Let us stick to the facts presented on the post.

Also you failed to warn them about the consequent of working illegal just in case they want to do it.
Bro please let us leave it at this and not derail the thread.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by TheCongo2: 5:00pm On Jan 03, 2018
seyewest:

Also you failed to warn them about the consequent of working illegal just in case they want to do it.
Bro please let us leave it at this and not derail the thread.

I can't warn them about something they never say they would do.
Let's stick to the facts.
We would start derailing when we start making assumptions

5 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Pesuzok(m): 6:57pm On Jan 03, 2018
haywhy1:

You can't drive with the Nigerian drivers license.... Its better you process the international drivers license before coming down. It is acceptable for international drivers during their short stay. It normally takes few days in processing... All you need is your current drivers license, 2passport photographs and processing fee...... I hope this helps?
You can drive with your Nigerian drivers license. You can rent a car with just that and a debit card bearing the same name. You need international drivers license if you national drivers license is not in English language

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by haywhy1: 10:02pm On Jan 03, 2018
Pesuzok:

You can drive with your Nigerian drivers license. You can rent a car with just that and a debit card bearing the same name. You need international drivers license if you national drivers license is not in English language

Okay......
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by signature2012(m): 1:37am On Jan 04, 2018
Pesuzok:

That is just the major reason for international drivers license but many are just ignorant about it.

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Mbamto: 11:14am On Jan 04, 2018
seyewest:

If he had told the VO ab-initio that he will stay back for a while, and the wife and returns in 2 weeks, he wouldn't have gotten the visa I guess. What will he stay back to do? What of his job in Nigeria? Forget story, he is obviously working illegally .
The wife and kids will find it difficult to cross the POE if he stays back much longer.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by keni: 12:26pm On Jan 04, 2018
Mbamto:

If he had told the VO ab-initio that he will stay back for a while, and the wife and returns in 2 weeks, he wouldn't have gotten the visa I guess. What will he stay back to do? What of his job in Nigeria? Forget story, he is obviously working illegally .
The wife and kids will find it difficult to cross the POE if he stays back much longer.

You are making assumptions

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 5:21pm On Jan 04, 2018
keni:

You are making assumptions
He should have informed the V.O at the embassy and POE he's gonna stay behind... do you think they will issue the visa or allowed him in? unless it's for something serious and he must explain it clear and concise.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 7:36pm On Jan 04, 2018
Otg001:

The husband has lost his job while wife still has job to manage with and we all know Nigeria situation.

I guess this means the husband would grab the greener pasture as it is now.... So, why all the back and forth on here then? He spends a hundred and eighty one days in the US, his family US visa opportunity in the future is toast. Granted that he has permission to stay in the US for 180 days, doing anything close to those number of days (hardly will there be much more satisfactory reason for this most times) will put his ability to renew same visa hanging in the balance, in fact JEOPARDY, his family may escape the ensuing "wrath" though.

Wow! Been a long and interesting read the past one day plus, said to also update myself on this aspect of US travel. Seye, great work here too. Kudos to all making the thread thick.... Will roll in a tip or two soon too. Regards

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 8:30pm On Jan 04, 2018
OmoBendel24:

I guess this means the husband would grab the greener pasture as it is now.... So, why all the back and forth on here then? He spends a hundred and eighty one days in the US, his family US visa opportunity in the future is toast. Granted that he has permission to stay in the US for 180 days, doing anything close to those number of days (hardly will there be much more satisfactory reason for this most times) will put his ability to renew same visa hanging in the balance, in fact JEOPARDY, his family may escape the ensuing "wrath" though.

Wow! Been a long and interesting read the past one day plus, said to also update myself on this aspect of US travel. Seye, great work here too. Kudos to all making the thread thick.... Will roll in a tip or two soon too. Regards

Bro @Omobendel thanks for the input... I just hope people will move past this issue.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by bencarson007(m): 11:55pm On Jan 04, 2018
seyewest:
This is a new thread about the Port Of Entry Experience of International travelers to various Airport in United States... You're free to share your stories here.

Oga Seyewest, thanks for the great job you are doing.

Please my passport is a virgin passport not up to a month old, can i get a US tourist visa with it ?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by TheCongo2: 11:59pm On Jan 04, 2018
bencarson007:

Oga Seyewest, thanks for the great job you are doing.

Please my passport is a virgin passport not up to a month old, can i get a US tourist visa with it ?

Oga bencarson007, yes you can get a US tourist visa with your passport.
However, you are on the wrong thread.
Please visit the following thread and read from page 1

https://www.nairaland.com/4116999/usa-visit-visa-part-3/1
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by bencarson007(m): 12:02am On Jan 05, 2018
TheCongo2:

Oga bencarson007, yes you can get a US tourist visa with your passport. However, you are on the wrong thread. Please visit the following thread and read from page 1
https://www.nairaland.com/4116999/usa-visit-visa-part-3/1
Thanks Thecongo2 let me check it now
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by bunmikay(f): 12:08am On Jan 05, 2018
hello everyone, am new here. am currently a masters student in the UK, am rounding up in sept by Gods grace. i want to go to the US to visit my sister in atlanta, what is the process. thanx
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by TheCongo2: 12:15am On Jan 05, 2018
bunmikay:
hello everyone, am new here. am currently a masters student in the UK, am rounding up in sept by Gods grace. i want to go to the US to visit my sister in atlanta, what is the process. thanx

Visit the following thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/4116999/usa-visit-visa-part-3
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by coldsummer: 3:02am On Jan 05, 2018
souleymon:

Where in Atlanta are you visiting

I've been to CNN

Georgia Aquarium

World of Coca cola

Many places
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by coldsummer: 3:05am On Jan 05, 2018
seyewest:

wow... Nice transcript remember to visit Lennox Square... grin

Bros you Don finish my money o

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:33am On Jan 05, 2018
coldsummer:

Bros you Don finish my money o

wow.. nice... Enjoy yourself... you will make more money
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Ramj: 9:58pm On Jan 05, 2018
coldsummer:
MY OWN PORT OF ENTRY EXPERIENCE - Very Disappointing grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I went out to buy a sim card yesterday o, the guy says $40. I paid and he said they were doing a promo so I was entitled to a phone. Na the phone i dey use browse since o. A cute Samsung phone looking like an iPhone 7.

[b]People here are randy sha! chaaaaiii everywhere you go, someone is very willing
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Bros e thank God for your POE.
Na that your $40 phone interest me. Buy one for the boiz. Enjoy your holiday man.

Cheers and enjoy the cold. Mr SummerCold

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Ramj: 10:00pm On Jan 05, 2018
nigeriainfo:
hello@oga seye. please I will be visiting U.S soon. my question is can I drive with Local driver Licence issued here in Nigeria? or i should get international driver licence here before leaving Nigeria? I wish to drive ooo. @oga seye. please I will be visiting U.S soon. my question is can I drive with Local driver Licence issued here in Nigeria? or i should get international driver licence here before leaving Nigeria? I wish to drive ooo pls advise and other gurus can contributes

It all depends on the state you are going to. Some states permit you to drive with Naija licence, some Intl drivers licence. so Find out and enjoy your stay

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 11:32am On Jan 10, 2018
''A passenger, carrying two (2) brand new iphones for a friend was stopped for customs check at Dubai airport. He now faces trial, years in jail or death penalty for carrying drugs. It is sensible not to carry anything for anyone, especially if it is a sealed packet and you cannot see what is inside.''

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPJ1laBPgKE

Please don't carry any items or goods for anyone you don't know well and check and repackage it yourself. Please becareful.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by naijarazzi: 3:13pm On Jan 20, 2018
HELLO guys

Please do I need a transit visa for Canada (18hours stop over at Quebec) and Paris (12hours). Travelling from Lagos to New York
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoluabiBigsam: 4:07pm On Jan 20, 2018
Please I need urgent advise.
I applied to attend a seminar in Las Vegas but could not make it in December due to work pressure.
Now, I am set to attend another in Atlanta organised by same Establishment but different subject matter.
Someone said I must first visit the location or state indicated in my visa application?
Pls advise urgently.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 8:33pm On Jan 20, 2018
post=64365513:
HELLO guys

Please do I need a transit visa for Canada (18hours stop over at Quebec) and Paris (12hours). Travelling from Lagos to New York
I don't think you will need it. I will advise you not to buy the ticket because you will be having 2 stopovers.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 8:38pm On Jan 20, 2018
OmoluabiBigsam:
Please I need urgent advise.
I applied to attend a seminar in Las Vegas but could not make it in December due to work pressure.
Now, I am set to attend another in Atlanta organised by same Establishment but different subject matter.
Someone said I must first visit the location or state indicated in my visa application?
Pls advise urgently.

No need to visit the location you indicated on your visa application since you have a genuine reason for not making the stated trip. Make sure you have the Letter of Invitation for the Conference and also your hotel reservation.
Good luck.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by naijarazzi: 9:56pm On Jan 20, 2018
seyewest:

I don't think you will need it. I will advise you not to buy the ticket but you will be having 2 stopovers.
yh. I’m thinking the stop over is gonna be too long. Thinking of visiting some Eiffel Tower in Paris during the long lay over. Or I can’t leave the airport?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 4:50am On Jan 21, 2018
post=64374995:
yh. I’m thinking the stop over is gonna be too long. Thinking of visiting some Eiffel Tower in Paris during the long lay over. Or I can’t leave the airport?

If you have their visa (France), you sure can leave the airport. Canada will require a transit visa if you don't have their visa, it's a very tricky one, stay away from that ticket. You don't transit in the US or Canada without a transit visa if you don't have their valid visa.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by naijarazzi: 7:30am On Jan 21, 2018
OmoBendel24:

If you have their visa (France), you sure can leave the airport. Canada will require a transit visa if you don't have their visa, it's a very tricky one, stay away from that ticket. You don't transit in the US or Canada without a transit visa if you don't have their valid visa.
thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (145) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.