Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,501 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) (37756 Views)

Husbands Cooks For His Pregnant Wife, Feeds & Pampers Her In Warri (Photos) / ”For 19 Years I’ve Always Cleaned The Kitchen After My Wife Cooks”– Twitter User / Nigerian Man In US Cooks For His Wife And Children (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by loobby(m): 2:42pm On Mar 09, 2017
J
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by PStacks(m): 2:42pm On Mar 09, 2017
Unbelievable Barcelona Magic..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU1Tq4woLrw
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by bukatyne(f): 2:42pm On Mar 09, 2017
martineverest:
Funny and hypocritical that men that are against this trend were the one that insulted buhari for his statement

Extremely funny my brother.

Even those who claimed their wives didn't belong to the kitchen will still complain of #wifenotcook.

Nigerians say a lot of things they don't mean and mean lot of things that are not said.

5 Likes

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by Nobody: 2:43pm On Mar 09, 2017
End time wives.
Forming miss independent

1 Like

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by cremedelacreme: 2:43pm On Mar 09, 2017
The most annoying part is that some of these small small girls go think say na so marriage be. Try that #wifenotcook nonsense with an average Naija guy and you will be sorry you did. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by Vizzim: 2:45pm On Mar 09, 2017
berrystunn:
Cooking is marriage
True Talk.. 100% true
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by jeff1607(m): 2:45pm On Mar 09, 2017
#wifemustcook
#husbandmustprovide

1 Like

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by boomssey(f): 2:46pm On Mar 09, 2017
ochejoseph:
I was going through a thread by Barcanista this morning on the wife not cook saga and decided to browse through Twitter and I realised that most Nigerian women are smarter than that nonsense.

With the exception of few of them who don't know their left from the right and those whose only occupation is to sell what's between their legs most Nigerian women are smart and won't let those "omega" girls ruin their homes.
A woman is not just a wife she is a mother and even in the animal world the absence of females is the pasdport to starvation, yes they are that important .

To the men we must learn to appreciate these women

They change their names to ours, leave their family to help us start our own, get pregnant for us and disfigure their bodies and some times loose their lives in the process of bring forth our offspring's

I join other men around to Globe to appreciate the monarch of heaven for the good women who still enjoy cooking for their families.

May history be kind to us today and always

See screenshots of what the smart ones have to say .......

www.twitter.com/ocheJoseph

For appreciating us women guy ur the bomb,may u never live without a good woman.amen!
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by bukatyne(f): 2:46pm On Mar 09, 2017
Billyonaire:

My annoyance is not about even cooking. I have a cook, but if a wife has a mindset that she is not a cook, guy it is time to increase the amber alert.

So for you, a woman can decide not to cook as long as she doesn't voice her opinion that she is not a cook.

Interesting

3 Likes

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 09, 2017
bukatyne:

Extremely funny my brother.

Even those who claimed their wives didn't belong to the kitchen will still complain of #wifenotcook.

Some Nigerians say a lot of things they don't mean and mean lot of things that are not said.

Fixed!
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by bukatyne(f): 2:50pm On Mar 09, 2017
Vorpal:

Fixed!

O tun ti de abi?

So is your wife a cook or she doesn't belong to the kitchen? grin
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by poik(m): 2:51pm On Mar 09, 2017
The fact that u asked this question has told me all I need to know
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by kpaofame: 2:51pm On Mar 09, 2017
HEHEHE

Things Feminist dont know when we succeed in removing this traditional responsibilities from Wives then the institution of marriage becomes a waste..

# Get a baby mama---less emotional stress...just pay monthly stipend--if having a child is the aim for marriage
# Get a P.A for chatting and stay online to kill loneliness
# Call girls and carefree girls wont cease in the land ---if sex is the aim
# Get a cook if food is the aim of marriage
Friends and colleague are there to go out in social functions...
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by nextprince: 2:52pm On Mar 09, 2017
Billyonaire:
Even though I have a cook, if I read anywhere that my wife supported the #WifeNotCook nonsense, I will not only trend #HusbandNotATM but will also hire a model that can cook 'hot' meals for me.

Respect sir, I have nothing to add or subtract, just too perfect.

1 Like

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by poik(m): 2:52pm On Mar 09, 2017
bukatyne:

Does Titi his wife cook for him?

Drama Drama!

The fact that u asked this question has told me all I need to know

2 Likes

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 09, 2017
Billyonaire:

My annoyance is not about even cooking. I have a cook, but if a wife has a mindset that she is not a cook, guy it is time to increase the amber alert.
I totally agree with you. These women have forgotten their roles as wives.

They shouldn't worry!, Cooks will soon turn madams of the house. grin

3 Likes

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by Nobody: 2:54pm On Mar 09, 2017
bukatyne:

O tun ti de abi?

So is your wife a cook or she doesn't belong to the kitchen? grin

Depends on what you mean by "belong in the kitchen".
My wife should very much cook my meals as long as there is no inconvenience on her part.
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 09, 2017
Fkforyou:
Paranoid women feeling insecure as if cooking is something that is demeaning.... undecided

It's baffling, really.

I cook my own meals, what's a little extra for my partner?

7 Likes

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 09, 2017
You won't be surprised that many women that support such do otherwise. I was in a meeting sometimes ago and many women were preaching equality of wife and husband; men and women. I was surprised that the woman that was the most vocal and defensive was discussing with a guy after the meeting, the guy asked her why she didn't pick his call when he called her prior to that meeting, her response made me laugh, she said 'you were calling me past 10, I couldn't pick your call because my husband was there and we were both looking at the phone ringing out. This men could be very funny, they want to exert their authority and if a woman wants her home, she just have to let go of somethings'

The point is not to turn your wife to cook but to see cooking as a responsibility to be fulfilled by her. When a wife cooks, its her responsibility, when husband does, he is helping the wife; when the husband provides financially for the family, it is his responsibility, when the wife does, she is helping the husband. An act that should elicit deep appreciation.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by bukatyne(f): 2:58pm On Mar 09, 2017
Vorpal:

Depends on what you mean by "belong in the kitchen".
My wife should very much cook my meals as long as there is no inconvenience on her part.

I was referring to Buhari's 'belong to the kitchen, living room and other room' saga.

She get inconvenience not-cooking allowance?

Hmmmm
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by seunny4lif(m): 2:58pm On Mar 09, 2017
cool cool cool cool
Gbam
rhemaplus:
You won't be surprised that many women that support such do otherwise. I was in a meeting sometimes ago and many women were preaching equality of wife and husband; men and women. I was surprises that the woman that was the most vocal and defensive was discussing with a guy after the meeting, the guy asked her why she didn't pick his call when he called her prior to that meeting, her response made me laugh, she said 'you were calling me past 10, I couldn't pick your call because my husband was there and we were both looking at the phone ringing out. This men could be very funny, they want to exert their authority and if a woman wants her home, she just have to let go of somethings'

The point is not to turn your wife to cook but to see cooking as a responsibility to be fulfilled by her. When a wife cooks, its her responsibility, when husband does, he is helping the wife; when the husband provides financially for the family, it is his responsibility, when the wife does, she is helping the husband. An act that should elicit deep appreciation.

1 Like

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by Olufemiolaolu(m): 2:58pm On Mar 09, 2017
Acidosis:
I agree with Atiku
It isn't Atiku twitter handle ok

1 Like

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by MrsAnyanwu(f): 2:58pm On Mar 09, 2017
#wifenotcook is trash and baseless? I don't understand these generation at all? I saw it trending,who started this rubbish? A wife must cook for her husband and her kids? She's supposed to learn new recipes, no wonder men flood ekatte's place, is cos she cooks good food. I can decide on weekends to take my kids out to have fun and eat just to relax, but that doesn't mean I would forget my responsibilities, a wife should cook and teach her kids both male and female how to cook, I rest my case

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by Nobody: 2:59pm On Mar 09, 2017
kimbra:
I totally agree with you. These women have forgotten their roles as wives.

They shouldn't worry!, Cooks will soon turn madams of the house. grin
You can clearly see the co-relations between husbands sleeping with domestic staff and wife not being there to attend to husbands basic needs as simple as food. Now, it is domestic staff reminding barbers to come and barb their boss, domestic staff wash the boxers, cooks the food and even raise the babies. Yet when you go to bed at night, you are not meeting a relaxed woman that dont cook or do nothing. You are meeting a madam who wants you to make love to her. What the fucck is marriage turning to.

Is there a relationship between this and Churchill and his likes sleeping around with PA ? Who would not hire his sex partner as his PA if she rocks you better than your Madam Wife ? Only God-fearing man will do that. But I am a God-loving man. I dont give a shiit.

1 Like

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by PhrettySekinat(f): 2:59pm On Mar 09, 2017
Why would i not want to cook for my husband ? Its one of the reasons he loves me, so why would i trade that for anything.

Even if i delegate other chaos, cooking is a definite no go area for domestic staffs except for themselves.
#CookingWivesRock#

5 Likes

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by Olufemiolaolu(m): 3:00pm On Mar 09, 2017
bukatyne:

1. If you believe #wifenotcook is a 'nonsense' trend/ something your wife shouldn't support, why do you have a cook?
2. Is getting a cook who cooks 'hot' meals supposed to be a punishment?

P.S.: All these #wifenotcook and #husbandnotATM trending is wash....

A number of homes have cooks/ helps who cook and are financed by the wives.

Again the tags might mean that a wife/husband is worth more than cooking & spending.
U girls of nowadays re just too lazy ?

1 Like

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 09, 2017
bukatyne:

I was referring to Buhari's 'belong to the kitchen, living room and other room' saga.

Madam you are not chatting with a man born in the 1930's. Only a fool would ignore the dynamics of today's world.

She get inconvenience not-cooking allowance?

Hmmmm

Explain that last part, I don't get.
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by kingreign(m): 3:02pm On Mar 09, 2017
bukatyne:

Does Titi his wife cook for him?

Drama Drama!
Its a tradition in Adamawa for their wives to cook for their husband especially his own local govt area, Jada LGA. I'm sure when she is at home and less busy, she cooks for him.
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by eitsei(m): 3:04pm On Mar 09, 2017
So many things has/is gone/going wrong with this generation... May God help us
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by bukatyne(f): 3:05pm On Mar 09, 2017
Vorpal:

Madam you are not chatting with a man born in the 1930's. Only a fool would ignore the dynamics of today's world.

Explain that last part, I don't get.

@last part: just yanking your chain grin

@First part: just wondering what 'some' Nigerians want....

Buhari said his wife belonged to the Kitchen.... They ate his head off.

A lady (if I am correct) said she is a wife not a cook... They have killed her...

What does the typical Nigerian want?

What is the ideal situation to them?
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by bukatyne(f): 3:07pm On Mar 09, 2017
kingreign:
Its a tradition in Adamawa for their wives to cook for their husband especially his own local govt area, Jada LGA. I'm sure when she is at home and less busy, she cooks for him.

I thought it is a general tradition for wives to cook for their husbands?

Or is there a specific tradition catering to such with punishments/repercussions if flouted?
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by Nobody: 3:11pm On Mar 09, 2017
bukatyne:

@last part: just yanking your chain grin

@First part: just wondering what 'some' Nigerians want....

Buhari said his wife belonged to the Kitchen.... They ate his head off.

A lady (if I am correct) said she is a wife not a cook... They have killed her...

What does the typical Nigerian want?

What is the ideal situation to them?

Well I can't speak for all or some Nigerians,each person has his/her own preference. Look for the one that matches yours and stick with it.

No general rule or 'ideal' can apply to everybody.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? / Wife Takes Sick Husband To Edo Hospital, Abandons Him There For Over 6 Months / 17 Years Of Meeting My Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.