Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,275 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) (37752 Views)

Husbands Cooks For His Pregnant Wife, Feeds & Pampers Her In Warri (Photos) / ”For 19 Years I’ve Always Cleaned The Kitchen After My Wife Cooks”– Twitter User / Nigerian Man In US Cooks For His Wife And Children (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by Nobody: 3:14pm On Mar 09, 2017
OBJ friend has spoken and spoken well grin grin
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:14pm On Mar 09, 2017
Fkforyou:
Paranoid women feeling insecure as if cooking is something that is demeaning.... undecided
As if it's a big deal. No be person bring the money
Jobless and lazy women
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by nextprince: 3:19pm On Mar 09, 2017
bukatyne:

I thought it is a general tradition for wives to cook for their husbands?

Or is there a specific tradition catering to such with punishments/repercussions if flouted?

Hmm. Even to cook for husband is no longer the responsibility of the wives?

Black man with him over sabi. Even in the western world where this gender equality has its roots, cooking is still the responsibility of the wives, but black, by our nature, we must just push it beyond logical understanding.

After working out myself searching for our daily bread, my wife will be telling me she is just a wife not a cook, hmm. Na dat day she dey go her papa house, any man wey like her like dat make e carry, nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by pocohantas(f): 3:21pm On Mar 09, 2017
Much ado about nothing.
Firstly the #WifeNotCook was started by a man.
Noble Igwe a married man, posted a picture of a meal he was about to eat in a restaurant and people came for him, asking if his wife doesn't cook and of what use is she then.

This upset the young man, and he went on endless rants, stating why his wife's usefulness goes beyond preparing breakfast and they can eat out whenever it isn't convenient.

He never said she won't or doesn't cook. It's over-sensitive people that jumped on it, hence the misunderstanding.

Equating this to #HusbandNotAtm is indeed stupid because in reality, we have lots of women assisting financially and handling the home 100%. Heck.. the Husband is not even an ATM, he should be assisted not just when he needs help but every time! You should assist your wife, not only when she is tired!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by bukatyne(f): 3:23pm On Mar 09, 2017
nextprince:

Hmm. Even to cook for husband is no longer the responsibility of the wives?

Black man with him over sabi. Even in the western world where this gender equality has its roots, cooking is still the responsibility of the wives, but black, by our nature, we must just push it beyond logical understanding.

After working out myself searching for our daily bread, my wife will be telling me she is just a wife not a cook, hmm. Na dat day she dey go her papa house, any man wey like her like dat make e carry, nonsense.

Read the post you quoted slowly and tell me how your post relates with it.
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by bukatyne(f): 3:23pm On Mar 09, 2017
pocohantas:
Much ado about nothing.
Firstly the #WifeNotCook was started by a man.
Noble Igwe a married man, posted a picture of a meal he was about to eat in a restaurant and people came for him, asking if his wife doesn't cook and of what use is she then.

This upset the young man, and he went on endless rants, stating why his wife's usefulness goes beyond preparing breakfast and they can eat out whenever it isn't convenient.

He never said she won't or doesn't cook. It's over-sensitive people that jumped on it, hence the misunderstanding.

Equating this to #HusbandNotAtm is indeed stupid because in reality, we have lots of women assisting financially and handling the home 100%. Heck.. the Husband is not even an ATM, he should be assisted not just when he needs help but every time! You should assist you wife, not only when she is tired!

I am a prophetess afterall.

Thanks for the explanation.

2 Likes

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by nextprince: 3:24pm On Mar 09, 2017
bukatyne:

Read the post you quoted slowly and tell me how your post relates with it.

In response to all the posts by same moniker on this thread, not just the quoted one.
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by BlackMbakara1(m): 3:26pm On Mar 09, 2017
Cooking shouldn't be a problem...i believe if u know sumthg, u will be willing to do it more and even teach better. I smell lazy women wey no sabi on gas... cheesy

Any bro wey happen to marry "finger nail" wife, no worries! Create jobs for others by eating from a restaurant afterall u were supposed to knw those lil kitchen skills during courtship. All ladies can't be first ladies(politically)...

1 Like

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by bukatyne(f): 3:27pm On Mar 09, 2017
Vorpal:

Well I can't speak for all or some Nigerians,each person has his/her own preference. Look for the one that matches yours and stick with it.

No general rule or 'ideal' can apply to everybody.

I 100% agree with you.

The moniker who said he has a cook yet his wifeet cannot identify with the tag attracted me to this thread.

So tell me who the living oracle is in the other thread.
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by pocohantas(f): 3:28pm On Mar 09, 2017
bukatyne:

I am a prophetess afterall.

Thanks for the explanation.
I've watched them twist the whole thing, even when they know not how it started. Someone is even asking 'no be person bring the money?'...what if the woman is the one bringing the money, does that then justify her not cooking?
What if the man loses his job and stops bringing money tomorrow, does that automatically make him undeserving of good food?

Some people don't know how shallow their rebuttals sound.

5 Likes

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 09, 2017
bukatyne:

I 100% agree with you.

The moniker who said he has a cook yet his wifeet cannot identify with the tag attracted me to this thread.

So tell me who the living oracle is in the other thread.

Why do you wish to know?
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 09, 2017
bukatyne:

1. If you believe #wifenotcook is a 'nonsense' trend/ something your wife shouldn't support, why do you have a cook?
2. Is getting a cook who cooks 'hot' meals supposed to be a punishment?

P.S.: All these #wifenotcook and #husbandnotATM trending is wash....

A number of homes have cooks/ helps who cook and are financed by the wives.

Again the tags might mean that a wife/husband is worth more than cooking & spending.
self worth is not in who is cooking or spending. This mentality of a woman or man is not to be doing this or that is the reason why many relationships don't work

2 Likes

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 09, 2017
bukatyne:

1. So when she is outside the country, she is still your wife even if she can't perform the duty of cooking.
2. Really? Lols!
when she is available she should do it and I am not saying the man cannot help. Marriage is a call for responsibilities for both parties. The responsibilities that have been laid out by both parties.
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by Nobody: 3:32pm On Mar 09, 2017
bukatyne:

Does Titi his wife cook for him?

Drama Drama!
she must have cooked for him in the early days...
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by bukatyne(f): 3:32pm On Mar 09, 2017
nextprince:

In response to all the posts by same moniker on this thread, not just the quoted one.

Can you pick out any of my posts I inferred a wife shouldn't cook for her husband?

You need to learn to comprehend what the other person is saying whether you agree or not.

1 Like

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by swiftycool(m): 3:34pm On Mar 09, 2017
Wife not cook abi? And the way to a man's heart is through his belly? No wonder house maids are now getting promoted to second or overthrowing wife.
Una better face front all those kardashian trained generation of brainless ladies

1 Like

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by bukatyne(f): 3:36pm On Mar 09, 2017
pocohantas:

I've watched them twist the whole thing, even when they know not how it started. Someone is even asking 'no be person bring the money?'...what if the woman is the one bringing the money, does that then justify her not cooking?
What if the man loses his job and stops bringing money tomorrow, does that automatically make him undeserving of good food?

Some people don't know how shallow their rebuttals sound.

@Bold: I have read really shallow ones.

It's good to see most people twist it though. I am sure Noble Igwe is really laughing where ever he is....

Who knows, he might even be asking her for food at 3am.

1 Like

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 09, 2017
Azil:

It's baffling, really.

I cook my own meals, what's a little extra for my partner?
God bless your thinking. Very selfless
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by pocohantas(f): 3:37pm On Mar 09, 2017
majekdom2:
self worth is not in who is cooking or spending. This mentality of a woman or man is not to be doing this or that is the reason why many relationships don't work
You're on point.
This is the point the original advocate of #WifeNotCook was trying to make before some righteous people misunderstood it. There is no clear rule on how to run individual homes, different people...different methods. All these rigid rules are what causes friction.

1 Like

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by bukatyne(f): 3:38pm On Mar 09, 2017
Vorpal:

Why do you wish to know?

I am curious to know who the living oracle is...
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by Nobody: 3:38pm On Mar 09, 2017
bukatyne:

@last part: just yanking your chain grin

@First part: just wondering what 'some' Nigerians want....

Buhari said his wife belonged to the Kitchen.... They ate his head off.

A lady (if I am correct) said she is a wife not a cook... They have killed her...

What does the typical Nigerian want?

What is the ideal situation to them?
you are making assumptions and conclusion from media opinions and comments. Have you bothered to do a survey on the percentage of Nigerians that air their opinion online??
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 09, 2017
bukatyne:

I am curious to know who the living oracle is...

But you deduced correctly.
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 09, 2017
pocohantas:

You're on point.
This is the point the original advocate of #WifeNotCook was trying to make before some righteous people misunderstood it. There is no clear rule on how to run individual homes, different people...different methods. All these rigid rules are what causes friction.
No the original advocate is wrong to have mentioned it. It's quite a sensitive topic people may have different understanding of. I barely hear cases where a woman complains she has been turned to a cook. It's a woman's responsibility to cook in the house and that does not make her a COOK. A cook is one whose profession is to prepare meals for people and they get paid on the other hand a wife is not a profession. The comparison don't just match and that's why it's being misunderstood. Being a wife is not a profession. So you see, there are ways we should liken and present sensitive issues as this.
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by kennykendo(m): 3:47pm On Mar 09, 2017
Wife not cook huh?

You see there's one thing that women don't understand, feminism on its extreme has crippled the thoughts of many minds. People who claim to be feminists do not even know the meaning of feminism. It is simply the advocacy of human rights for the equality of sexes, but in all this its wrong.

How can a woman think she's equal to a man?..A renowned novelist William Golding once said give her sperm, she'll make a baby, give her a house she'll make a home, give her groceries she'll make a meal, give her a smile and her heart is yours. Whatever you give her she multiplies it, give her crap and take nonsense. So any woman who thinks she's equal to a man has issues with herself. Everyone's unique in their own way, a farmer and a banker can never be equals, but you can say they need each other; the farmer needs the banker's money and the banker needs the farmer's food crops.

To those saying #wifenotcook, go get yourself pregnant, oh you may say you'll adopt or apply surogacy, get yourself the love of a partner, oh I see lesbianism is on the rise.

If you are complete without a man's function in your life, fine feel free, but don't expose your gullibility in public because you are being 'brain-colonized' by those Western miscreants..

To anyone who will attack me by saying getting pregnant, cooking and marriage aren't the apex achievements of a woman I agree, but all these are in existence because of what we call symbiotic association where both parties benefit.

Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.
Proverbs:18:22.

For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
Ephesians:5:23

Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.
Ephesians:5:33

To whom it may concern....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by nextprince: 3:48pm On Mar 09, 2017
bukatyne:

1. If you believe #wifenotcook is a 'nonsense' trend/ something your wife shouldn't support, why do you have a cook?
2. Is getting a cook who cooks 'hot' meals supposed to be a punishment?

P.S.: All these #wifenotcook and #husbandnotATM trending is wash....

A number of homes have cooks/ helps who cook and are financed by the wives.

Again the tags might mean that a wife/husband is worth more than cooking & spending.

Pls explain the emboldened.
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by nextprince: 3:52pm On Mar 09, 2017
bukatyne:

@last part: just yanking your chain grin

@First part: just wondering what 'some' Nigerians want....

Buhari said his wife belonged to the Kitchen.... They ate his head off.

A lady (if I am correct) said she is a wife not a cook... They have killed her...

What does the typical Nigerian want?

What is the ideal situation to them?

If you are not in support of the emboldened, then what is your argument?
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by pocohantas(f): 3:53pm On Mar 09, 2017
bukatyne:

@Bold: I have read really shallow ones.

It's good to see most people twist it though. I am sure Noble Igwe is really laughing where ever he is....

Who knows, he might even be asking her for food at 3am.
Noble didn't take it cool at all o, thank God he is a man...my country people would have threatened him with menopause or coming of second wife.

He posted endless rants.
Then proceeded to posting pictures of himself in a restaurant for like one week.
Posted a throwback picture of him pounding whatever, showing mama brought him up to cook his own meals grin.

When we thought he was done, he posted a picture of himself with a customized top, bearing the inscription #WifeNotCook.

Noble igwe is a successful young man.

2 Likes

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by bukatyne(f): 3:57pm On Mar 09, 2017
Vorpal:

But you deduced correctly.

Really?

You will cook 5 times a day for 1 month!
angry
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 09, 2017
bukatyne:

Really?

You will cook 5 times a day for 1 month!
angry

Lol.....why?
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by bukatyne(f): 4:03pm On Mar 09, 2017
pocohantas:

Noble didn't take it cool at all o, thank God he is a man...my country people would have threatened him with menopause or coming of second wife.

He posted endless rants.
Then proceeded to posting pictures of himself in a restaurant for like one week.
Posted a throwback picture of him pounding whatever, showing mama brought him up to cook his own meals grin.

When we thought he was done, he posted a picture of himself with a customized top, bearing the inscription #WifeNotCook.

Odiegwu!

All this might be a public stunt sef...

Nor bi Tonto dey buy pink jeep and pant for herself dey hala her husband?

1 Like

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 09, 2017
pocohantas:

He posted endless rants.

eating at a restaurant?? does he take advice from his doctors? One week out of 52 weeks in a year?? He ought to have posted pictures of him pounding everyday. What's your definition of success?? Are you bringing up your son to cook his meals ?? When he is a teenager, make sure you give him money, goes to the market and cook for himself alone.
It baffles me how your likes reason.

1 Like

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by pocohantas(f): 4:10pm On Mar 09, 2017
bukatyne:

Odiegwu!

All this might be a public stunt sef...

Nor bi Tonto dey buy pink jeep and pant for herself dey hala her husband?
It might be a PS o, but he sure got on the nerves of people. They practically begged him to stop... hahahahahaha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Interracial Couple Celebrate 50th Wedding Anniversary In Lagos (photos) / Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? / Wife Takes Sick Husband To Edo Hospital, Abandons Him There For Over 6 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.