Stats: 3,152,513 members, 7,816,240 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) (37751 Views)

Husbands Cooks For His Pregnant Wife, Feeds & Pampers Her In Warri (Photos) / ”For 19 Years I’ve Always Cleaned The Kitchen After My Wife Cooks”– Twitter User / Nigerian Man In US Cooks For His Wife And Children (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by bezimo(m): 7:00pm On Mar 09, 2017
Many of those folks initiating those rubbish stuff of wife not cook are usually products of a failed home or failed relationship.

A man loves you, marries you, pay bride price on top of your head, you now say I am a wife not cook.oh really. Go find another husband

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by Odunharry(m): 7:19pm On Mar 09, 2017
I can bet many of them saying wifenotcook don't know how to cook, some are just bitter.

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by Jahblessme: 7:23pm On Mar 09, 2017
Wife not cook jare.
I'm a full fledged human being with wants and needs.
I go out to work and I bring home cash same as you,
I work same hours or longer hours than you.
What's the difference between us then apart from genitals?
I'm made for wayyy more .
If food dey we chop,if e no dey abeg carry pizza come back.
If na d reason u wan bring new woman,feel free,I don taya for your pot belly.
I been de find reason to chop new blokos since.
Chop clean mouth na d game,you chop.i chop .Universe no go vex. grin cheesy

No shaking.

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by Rickiedee(m): 7:39pm On Mar 09, 2017
Some women will just be feeling inferior to their own detriment. So the fact that you cook for your husband and family impedes you from making good use of ur life? it's been a while I came across something this lame.

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by emwye(m): 7:48pm On Mar 09, 2017
WOW!!! Can we think for 1 quick minute about the history of all this.
Historically, women were home makers. Why? Patriarchal society with its issues of trying hard to suppress women. It worked back in the day because it took only 1 income to meet all the necessary needs (purely from an economic standpoint). Lets look at the natural differences in both sexes; Men were hunters because they are stronger, this however does not apply any longer - we now buy food and clothes with money.

We are in age where it takes more than 1 income to take care of all the wants/needs in a household and women have entered to workforce. This implies that homemaking will have to become a joint responsibility. I find it interesting to think that we as men just want to work and do nothing else to help out when the lady also has to work and you both put food on the table. Before you rely on lousy customs and traditions that have taken us nowhere understand how and why thing are the way they are.

You just want to get back home and eat food she made (with the money you both provided) and then proceed to go out and drink with your friends while she stays back and takes care of the kids / cleans up after you?? I wonder why women want to get married if this is the life they have to live afterwards - makes no damn sense to me.

If this is what you want then you better not expect her to work. If she wont cook at that point, then offer to do the cooking and insist that she works otherwise, you are both not supposed to get married at all. Gender roles are not the same any more - evolve or be extinct.

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by ojezee(m): 7:52pm On Mar 09, 2017
a wife is expected to be a mother . if a wife is not a cook then she's an irresponsible mother.

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by MizMyColi(f): 8:33pm On Mar 09, 2017
I'm not understanding some people o.

My office is an institution, there, I know my duties. Even the unwritten ones. I gladly do them. I represent all things client relationship, administration, and tech in my place of work.

My Marriage is an institution. Much more important to me than my work place and the duties I carry out there.
Oga has never told me, this and this is what you must do. But there are things that I have both knowingly and unknowingly assigned myself to be to him. Cooking his favorites is one of them. Ensuring that the Homefront looks clean and presentable is another....there are more of them.

Asides the days I get really tired from work stress....these are things I enjoy doing. I do not feel forced or oppressed into doing them.
I actually consider it an honour. To me, it is a privilege to be a nurturer. I am always thankful for it.

Even if Oga employs a cook today...there is a limit. In shot, I'm not sure I will accept that thoughgrin

If you agree that you are his wife, be ready to be everything that you can be to him....everything. But don't lose your sense of self in the process.

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by debiliciousmay(f): 8:43pm On Mar 09, 2017
Wats d essence of a wife in a home wen cooking isn't part of her responsibilities. undecided undecided

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by debiliciousmay(f): 8:43pm On Mar 09, 2017
Wats d essence of a wife in a home wen cooking isn't part of her responsibilities. undecided undecided

Just wondering
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by Emanodimo(m): 8:46pm On Mar 09, 2017
There are few things I don't agree with. It doesn't interest me to see that some man will take it seriously waiting for their wife to get home quickly before he can eat..... So funny, that some women won't eat until their men comes home.
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by Merceline(f): 8:54pm On Mar 09, 2017
#wifenotcook# As if there is anything tedious about cooking that someone should be making noise

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by Merceline(f): 8:56pm On Mar 09, 2017
Emanodimo:
There are few things I don't agree with. It doesn't interest me to see that some man will take it seriously waiting for their wife to get home quickly before he can eat..... So funny, that some women won't eat until their men comes home.
my parents love eating and feeding each other. the only opportunity for that is dinner time and so they each wait for the other to return before eating.
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by shaybebaby(f): 9:04pm On Mar 09, 2017
Jahblessme:
Wife not cook jare.
I'm a full fledged human being with wants and needs.
I go out to work and I bring home cash same as you,
I work same hours or longer hours than you.
What's the difference between us then apart from genitals?
I'm made for wayyy more .
If food dey we chop,if e no dey abeg carry pizza come back.
If na d reason u wan bring new woman,feel free,I don taya for your pot belly.
I been de find reason to chop new blokos since.
Chop clean mouth na d game,you chop.i chop .Universe no go vex. grin cheesy

No shaking.

Finally... a sane female. Your post just oiled the irritation I felt read the other posts..especially the females. I felt like hi-fiving them in the face...with a chair. angry

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 09, 2017
If you're the wife and have children, it should be your responsibility to do the cooking for them and of course, your husband. Why is that a big deal? It doesn't mean the husband cannot do it, especially if he himself likes to cook too, but the initiative should be on the wife to be doing it.

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by aljharem(m): 9:57pm On Mar 09, 2017
cuteme88:
shocked shocked shocked

Chei which one be wife not cook again! Abegiiiiiii my hubby will enjoy my different delicacies, even the ones i can't prepare i go online to learn. shooooooo? I am Single but i'm already training myself to be a better chef for my husband after that na the oda roooooom gringringrin hubby must not lack frm me Biko.

People will just be coming up with nonsense to destroy other people's peace. let's think twice before following others oooh!!!! some of them couldn't make it and they want others to go down with them.

PM me wink
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by isnovic(m): 10:32pm On Mar 09, 2017
The real truth about women is that they do not tell each other the truth.

They are like "mutawa"....You should learn never to do what they do but do as they preach.

If a woman tells you as a wife she democratically controls the kitchen and that she is no cook, means she is already a slave in her home to keep her husband but to the unsuspecting woman outside she will be shouting
#wifenotcook.

If I hear.

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by cuteme88(f): 10:39pm On Mar 09, 2017
aljharem:

PM me wink
gringringrin
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by jojothaiv(m): 1:45am On Mar 10, 2017
Billyonaire:

My annoyance is not about even cooking. I have a cook, but if a wife has a mindset that she is not a cook, guy it is time to raise the amber alert.
Lobatan!
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by jojothaiv(m): 1:48am On Mar 10, 2017
Kondomatic:
Even ladies who cook for their boyfriends are there forming wife not cook to deceive the gullible ones.

Even those who ask for permission from their boyfriends before coming online will just be forming feminists too
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by jojothaiv(m): 1:50am On Mar 10, 2017
bibiking7:

What ever happened to the popular saying that the way to a man's heart is thru his.......
Both home and abroad, women still cook for their families.

Yeah you're right, but not all men are given to that generalization of a thing..
bibiking7:

What ever happened to the popular saying that the way to a man's heart is thru his.......
Both home and abroad, women still cook for their families.

Yeah you're right, but not all men are given to that generalization of a thing..
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by davidif: 1:52am On Mar 10, 2017
YourWife:
Yeah? Well... The day you remove "cooking" from your responsibilities as a wife, you cease being a wife! I'm sorry!!!

Chop knuckle jare. For me inability to cook is a deal breaker. What do they want me to feed my kids? McNuggets or Pizza?

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by jojothaiv(m): 1:54am On Mar 10, 2017
"A woman is not just a wife, she's a mother and even in the animal world, the absence of females is the passport to starvation"

For men who can take care of themselves, this notion is totally false..

Certain things in life are not worth commenting on!
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by kristian98(m): 6:19am On Mar 10, 2017
Billyonaire:
Which of my education ? Primary, Secondary, First Degree, Masters ? Which ?
first degree and masters
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by femimat(m): 8:23am On Mar 10, 2017
#wifenotcook ....6months later....#cooknowwife

Women be wise....
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by Kaymaxine(m): 1:57pm On Mar 10, 2017
Av seen men marry dier househelp cos of ha skills in cooking!!!
The way to a man's heart,...
Dnt be deceived!!!
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by mumredeemer: 7:59am On Mar 24, 2017
prettyprecy:
if you know any female accountant with 2-3 years experience that lives in UYO and is in need of a job. kindly ask such person to send her cv to jobs@fadacresources.com
salary is within the range of 80,000 - 100,000.

Thanks for this info. I forwarded it to someone i know, she was interviewed yesterday. Keep up the good work n God bless.

Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by ArcToyin(m): 10:55pm On Apr 02, 2017
kidman96:
this generation is something else.
abi oo
I wonder what's wrong with ladies in this dispensation. The so called civilisation is really sweeping them off the track without notice
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by Juliearth(f): 4:07am On Apr 03, 2017
Wives,do not cook! I am sure the side chics will be glad to cook for your husbands....#receivesense
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by Juliearth(f): 4:10am On Apr 03, 2017
When I get married,I may employ the services of a maid,but she wont have any business to do in my kitchen or the other room. She'd report three times a week to clean,do laundry and other chores that may be challenging for me due to work or procreation.
Re: Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) by Juliearth(f): 4:12am On Apr 03, 2017
Billyonaire:
Even though I have a cook, if I read anywhere that my wife supported the #WifeNotCook nonsense, I will not only trend #HusbandNotATM but will also hire a model that can cook 'hot' meals for me.

#funny

My Daughter Was Nearly Molested Yesterday By A Male Teacher! / Nigerian Interracial Couple Celebrate 50th Wedding Anniversary In Lagos (photos) / Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary?