Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,461 members, 7,819,681 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic (37894 Views)

Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects / Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) / Northerners Carry Placards To Support Fayose & Show Him Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by Karlman: 9:54am On Mar 16, 2017
ch91:
the benin kingdom made a mistake by not taking the fulani approach when they had the opportunity to dominate and spread..if they had taken advantage of the strenghth of their dynasty yester years, they could have been a majority tribe in Nigeria...cos the ancient benin kingdom reached parts of anambra state which means some parts of igbo land could have been part of the benin kingdown...now i believe they are regretting the errors of the past, common small ijaw is challenging the greatest kingdown in subsahaaran Africa...now as it stands, the ijaws are the majority of of all the tribes in the niger delta, that has some political advantage, cos everything in Nigeria is politics and politics is a game of numbers...
lesson: make the best use of your chances...
talkin of bini dat is very smal in number igbo people is d rightful owner of d entire south south and south east but they did no expedition like hausafulani n yoruba thereby allowing minority tribes like d ijaw

1 Like

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by Chiefobdk1: 9:55am On Mar 16, 2017
delishpot:

Edo has ijaws there. Before it was Edo and Delta it used o b Bendel and they had Ijaw communities in Bendel state then. So I believe they spill over when it was split in two.

So why is edo people fighting with ijaw over the land they live
Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by martineverest(m): 9:57am On Mar 16, 2017
Ijaw people, I take god beg u, u can't fight begins, both physically and spiritually

3 Likes

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by ElsonMorali: 9:57am On Mar 16, 2017
The Ijaw nation had better tread with care o. I heard the Benin kingdom has a highly sophisticated airforce. Watch out for aerial straffing!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by martineverest(m): 9:58am On Mar 16, 2017
Karlman:
talkin of bini dat is very smal in number igbo people is d rightful owner of d entire south south and south east but they did no expedition like hausafulani n yoruba thereby allowing minority tribes like d ijaw
ozuor... U get entire South South? U are deluded

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by martineverest(m): 9:59am On Mar 16, 2017
Amarabae:
The question is GELEGELE. which language is that word from? Any language it falls into, the people that speak that language owns the land.
ijaw people are invaders like fulanis

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by martineverest(m): 10:02am On Mar 16, 2017
GavelSlam:
Gelegele is Ijaw land.

Ask one single Benin man if he knows anyone who calls that area his ancestral home.

Nigerians are full of mischief.
abeg, shut up... If Una like unaself leave that land alone.... U can't fight binis. We are not hausafulani itshekiris

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:07am On Mar 16, 2017
Gelegele is Bini land. It has been so for over 700 years

The Ijaws should stop being mischievious.

It was founded by Ekaladeran son of Owodo in the 13th or 14th century when he ran from the Obas justice.
In the 15th century Portuguse, English and Dutch traders arrived there and were received and welcomed into the Benin kingdom. They traded with the Binis and not with the Ijaws. There are many documents to support this. Where were the Ijaws then?

In 1823 the Vienese explorer Giovanni Belzoni died there of dysentry his death was reported to the Oba who sent message to the British to remove his body.
In 1896/97, the expeditionary force commanded by Admiral Harry Rawson entered and attacked the Benin kingdom through the port and nearby settlement (not the Ijaw kingdom or outpost) on their way to the capital.
The name of the bini village beside the port is Ughoton.

Most of these details are recorded in history by British, Dutch and Portuguese writers. Nowhere is Ijaw mentioned.
Are the colonial historians all lying? Note that many of these writers were hostile to the Benin Empire, they therefore had every incentive to distort the truth about the ownership of the land. Yet they all affirm that Ughoton and Gelegele were part of the kingdom.

I will draw an analogy here.
In many cities in Nigeria there exist 'hausa quaters' where hausa people live and do their business. Does that automatically make it their land?
There is almost 800 years of oral and written history supporting the bini claim to Ughoton and gelegele. This is longer than the lifetime of Nigeria and even the Sokoto sultanate.

The Ijaw should know their history and respect themselves.

Oba gha to kpe e!

All true Bini sons and daughters please like and share

29 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by dadavivo: 10:09am On Mar 16, 2017
paschu:
Okay, but I hope Igbos are still the ones to blame here too?
Afonja weyin concern igbos with this
Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by lindaz12: 10:09am On Mar 16, 2017
Ijaw own that land fact

3 Likes

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by Eyor1(m): 10:11am On Mar 16, 2017
ElsonMorali:
The Ijaw nation had better tread with care o. I heard the Benin kingdom has a highly sophisticated airforce. Watch out for aerial straffing!
God purnish you there, rightful owners to all where?
Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by MartinBond(m): 10:13am On Mar 16, 2017
I be bini and I fit tell u say we don't yarn dust if we mean am we go achieve am,simple ..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by GavelSlam: 10:14am On Mar 16, 2017
bendeniceguy:
Here is a brief history of the Gele Gele port as presented by Sir David Attenborough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2HHWsr3A2M

Watched it but was silent on the Gelegele area you sure you posted the correct video?
Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by YonkijiSappo: 10:15am On Mar 16, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:
Gelegele is Bini land.

It was founded by Ekaladeran son of Owodo in the 13th or 14th century when he ran from the Obas justice.
In the 15th century Portuguse, English and Dutch traders arrived there and were received and welcomed into the Benin kingdom. There are many documents to support this.
In 1823 the Vienese explorer Giovanni Belzoni died there of dysentry his death was reported to the Oba who sent message to the British to remove his body.
In 1896/97, the expeditionary force commanded by Admiral Harry Rawson attacked the Benin kingdom (not the Ijaw kingdom or outpost) on their way to the capital.
The name of the bini village beside the port is[b]Ughoton[/b].

Most of these details are recorded in history by British, Dutch and Portuguese writers. Nowhere is Ijaw mentioned.
Are the colonial historians all lying? Note that many of these writers were hostile to the Benin Empire, they therefore had every incentive to distort the truth about the ownership of the land. Yet they all affirm that Ughoton and Gelegele were part of the kingdom.

In many cities in Nigeria there exist 'hausa quaters' where hausa people live and do their business. Does that automatically make it their land?
There is almost 800 years of oral and written history supporting the bini claim to Ughoton and gelegele. This is longer than the lifetime of Nigeria and even the Sokoto sultanate.

Oba gha to kpe e!

All true Bini sons and daughters like and share

Now I believe the Yorubas when they say you guyz are delusional.
Everything in Southern Nigeria was founded by this your LOST Ekaladerhan prince...

Ijaws... finish them jare grin

Hhahaha

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by Neddstark: 10:15am On Mar 16, 2017
ch91:
the benin kingdom made a mistake by not taking the fulani approach when they had the opportunity to dominate and spread..if they had taken advantage of the strenghth of their dynasty yester years, they could have been a majority tribe in Nigeria...cos the ancient benin kingdom reached parts of anambra state which means some parts of igbo land could have been part of the benin kingdown...now i believe they are regretting the errors of the past, common small ijaw is challenging the greatest kingdown in subsahaaran Africa...now as it stands, the ijaws are the majority of of all the tribes in the niger delta, that has some political advantage, cos everything in Nigeria is politics and politics is a game of numbers...
lesson: make the best use of your chances...

As a student of history, I doff my hat for you. The Benin ought to be a as powerful as the fulani dynasty

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by Tomceeno(m): 10:18am On Mar 16, 2017
grin grin grin
Theyveedo:
These ijaw boys should calm down jo.
God create una create oil

1 Like

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by GavelSlam: 10:18am On Mar 16, 2017
martineverest:
abeg, shut up... If Una like unaself leave that land alone.... U can't fight binis. We are not hausafulani itshekiris

Simple question from iguarakhi to Ikoro Olodiama to Gelegele which Bini would point to those places as their ancestral home?

Just one example.
Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by royal231(m): 10:19am On Mar 16, 2017
Any Nigerian that doesnt know that Nigeria is not one country , is that one a Nigerian

5 Likes

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by vioment: 10:20am On Mar 16, 2017
This is what happens when the government don't claim ownership of all the lands in Nigeria. The government should declare every land as Nigerian land. Meaning, set a sensible size and decide on a tax for that size, then create a system where that size is taxed annually and if the size is exceeded, the penalty tax etc

Anyway since things be as e be. I think benin dey bluff and ijaw dey call am out. Nutin dey happen. One person dey here dey talk say benin rule reach anambra, me cun dey think weda de pursn dey use brain reason. De only people wey fit take ova anambra na Nigerian Army. Lol. I dey play o.... nwanne biko gbahara biko biko nwanne wu nwanne. We stand with Anambra, a pride of the igbo tribe and an asset to Nigeria. One. smiley

1 Like

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by Eziokwu1: 10:26am On Mar 16, 2017
The Ijaws call the town GeleGelegbene cool

There will be numerous more crisis like this in future. Reign of empires are over.
What we have now are political empires, not cultural ones, so every tribe in Nigeria better chose their tribal alliances well.

1 Like

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by Dedetwo(m): 10:27am On Mar 16, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:
Gelegele is Bini land. It has been so for over 700 years

In the 15th century Portuguse, English and Dutch traders arrived there and were received and welcomed into the Benin kingdom. There are many documents to support this.
In 1896/97, the expeditionary force commanded by Admiral Harry Rawson attacked the Benin kingdom (not the Ijaw kingdom or outpost) on their way to the capital.
The name of the bini village beside the port is Ughoton.

Oba gha to kpe e!

All true Bini sons and daughters please like and share

Ijo ethnicity is very questionable.

1 Like

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by OmoIgala: 10:28am On Mar 16, 2017
lol...

Republic of Niger Delta.

Hahahaa

1 Like

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by Moneytize: 10:34am On Mar 16, 2017
OmoIgala:
lol...

Republic of Niger Delta.

Hahahaa
See dis one grin Ilaje wey me and my squad fit come raid and claim as our own without making noise. Better keep kwayet before we show interest as we dey look for land to cultivate weed grin

1 Like

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by locosvatos(m): 10:34am On Mar 16, 2017
Efewestern:
this bini people should leave warri out of there madness, why are they dragging warri into this ?, how dare them declare a single tribe as the original owner of warri? , they shouldn't think because people are quite they can tell who owns warri, Urhobo, itskiri and ijaw both control there part in warri and we are happy with that. they should face they land and lets others be.

for those of you calling ijaw land grabber you know nothing about ijaw, ijaw land extend to ondo and Edo, most oil producing communities in Edo are ijaw communities.

they think this is 300yrs ago, try ijaw people, them go show you pepper, overated edo people..

Edo overrated? You lie bruv

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by Efewestern: 10:35am On Mar 16, 2017
9ja4show:

You think it's Pipeline we are talking here ? Let Ijaws try themselves ; lazy ass people ; work they won't work but waiting for government to share money among them. That land remains in Edo state and there is nothing anyone can do about it , try and read history

oga nobody is talking of pipeline here, what am saying is that edo people should acknowledge the fact ijaw have some communities in your state and you should put that into your head, not claiming someone land as yours, your can't mess with ijaw, your glory ends in your tiny edo communities don't trespass into ijaw land..

1 Like

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by TinaAnita(f): 10:39am On Mar 16, 2017
Ijaws are something else. I won't be surprised if they extend their land-grabbing obsession to the northern region.

1 Like

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by YonkijiSappo: 10:39am On Mar 16, 2017
Moneytize:
See dis one grin Ilaje wey me and my squad fit come raid and claim as our own without making noise. Better keep kwayet before we show interest as we dey look for land to cultivate weed grin

Go and ask your Arogbo brothers what happened to them back during the Ilaje-Ijaw clash.
I hope you still have data to google it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by TinaAnita(f): 10:41am On Mar 16, 2017
Karlman:

In your nightmares I believe
Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by nonsobaba: 10:42am On Mar 16, 2017
If na with juju, bini people go win. But if kala is the standard, then the binis will have themselves to blame for picking the wrong guys to beef.

4 Likes

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by YonkijiSappo: 10:46am On Mar 16, 2017
nonsobaba:
If na with juju, bini people go win. But if kala is the standard, then the binis will have themselves to blame for picking the wrong guys to beef.

Your statement doesn't surprise any of us.
We know you Flattiies have your heads deep up the ass of Ijaws LOL

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by Belmot(m): 10:50am On Mar 16, 2017
dadavivo:
Afonja weyin concern igbos with this
The guy u quoted is igbo but in your deluded mind you quickly type afonja without understanding the post. Too many doofus just populate this useless forum.

3 Likes

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by 9ja4show: 10:51am On Mar 16, 2017
Efewestern:

oga nobody is talking of pipeline here, what am saying is that edo people should acknowledge the fact ijaw have some communities in your state and you should put that into your head, not claiming someone land as yours, your can't mess with ijaw, your glory ends in your tiny edo communities don't trespass into ijaw land..

Ijaws are immigrants

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"Niger-Delta Avengers" Threaten To Bomb Lagos And Abuja - Madoch Agninibo / Miriam Ali Weds Chuks Onyema Ugochukwu (Photos) / Peter Obi Explains The BVAS Every Nigerian Should Reconfigure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.