Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,870 members, 7,828,102 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here (5730 Views)

Why Ohanaeze, Igbo Governors Sacrificed Nnamdi Kanu To Northerners – IPOB / Rivers Rerun: Ikwerre Women Sit Down In Front Of INEC Collation Center. PICS / Rivers Rerun: Riggers Caught In Ikwerre Burst Into Tears. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by myplaydiary: 10:01am On Mar 17, 2017
Igbo's, there is no better time to promote love and unity amongst ourselves, ohanaeze at the helm of the current President is promoting unity, peace and economic progress across Igboland. Let's support Ohanaeze to promote and sustain unity across all Igbo borders and stop being petty on Nairaland.

Saying Ikwerre denied being Igbo is not totally true they simply chose to be identified as Ikwerre, it does not change their Igboness? Please Igbo's let Ikwerre maintain their identity. We have Idemili, Ngwa, Nnewi, Aro, Nsuka, etc. The Ikwerre identity does not make them any other tribe but our brothers with the Ikwerre title in Rivers, Simply put Ikwerre wants to be recognized as Ikwerre in Rivers state, mainly for political gains.

Igbo's abroad do it, they deny Nigeria for economic gains and survival but come back home to develop their homeland. It is simply a survival technique adopted by Ikwerre's given the situation they found themselves in old Rivers state coupled with the aftershocks of the uncivil war. However many would want to argue that it has gone to far, Yes, because they have that identity now but does that stop them from being our brothers.

Even, when a father disown a son he still keeps his ear to the ground to hear news about him and silently prays in his heart that it is well with him. Igbo's watch and see Ikwerre will not be the ones fighting on this thread, those who will fight us on this thread for preaching unity amongst ourselves are the same people benefiting from the fallout, they want the status quo to remain so that Ikwerre's strength is tamed and Igbo's Economic progress is cut short.

Igbo's sa nu asa na anya.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by Nobody: 11:16am On Mar 17, 2017
Beautifully and succinctly put. Unity now is the best thing that can happen to us.

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by Totti9(m): 11:27am On Mar 17, 2017
Oga no bi every day ikwerri mata go dey trend here everybody knows who they are them dem self know who they are so don't bother ur self about promoting any unity b'cos we are not divided....
Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by cheruv: 12:07pm On Mar 17, 2017
Bia unu hafu nde ihuruohna aka...

Ele ikwerre mekaa oo cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by joeprince23(m): 12:15pm On Mar 17, 2017
ikwerre wo ali nna m gbara.... we ar all the same wo-afor/nwafor

*modified* for those that ar neither diali(ikwere/southern igbo) or nwadiala (northern/SE igbos) i simply identified whr i am from and we ar all same....

ikwerre mekaa o! igbo mekaaoo!! gbadu o !!

6 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by myplaydiary: 12:19pm On Mar 17, 2017
joeprince23:
ikwerre wo ali nna m gbara.... we ar all the same wo-afor/nwafor
Thats the spirit nwanna

4 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by kingzizzy: 12:32pm On Mar 17, 2017
An Ikwerre man, Uche Okwukwu, is the Secretary General of Ohaneze.

8 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by myplaydiary: 12:54pm On Mar 17, 2017
kingzizzy:
An Ikwerre man, Uche Okwukwu, is the Secretary General of Ohaneze.
Yea I know and that's the point I am trying to make, it is here on Nairaland and other social media platforms that we preach all the hate against each other even when other tribes can be masking under our names to cause disunity and ferment trouble amongst brothers. We should be wise in our actions especially when dealing with our brothers. Cheers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by Adaodogwu(f): 1:00pm On Mar 17, 2017
following
Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by ozoebuka1(m): 1:12pm On Mar 17, 2017
WE THE NIGER DELTA, SS AND REAL OGBOS, support only the unity of Nigeria!!! we must ensure we blame ipob miscreants, they are to be blamed for anything affecting Nigeria... Lmao, nairaland dey sweet sha. Anyone that doesn't support the unity of one Nigeria is not a real igbo!!! courtesy of "WE THE NIGER DELTA CREW, WNDC " gringringrin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by ezeagu(m): 1:39pm On Mar 17, 2017
I have come to the conclusion that Igbo people as they stand do not have the ability to stand together in a common cause judging from politics and the way they do ntufu ntufu with their property and economy. Just my observation.

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by myplaydiary: 2:00pm On Mar 17, 2017
ezeagu:
I have come to the conclusion that Igbo people as they stand do not have the ability to stand together in a common cause judging from politics and the way they do ntufu ntufu with their property and economy. Just my observation.
You have a point there, but your assertion is wrong, Igbo's are only that way because of where they find themselves today (Nigeria) and everyone in trying to get to Aso rock. Nigeria have been more of a setback to the Igbo man than a blessing.

Secondly Igbos have no clear cut mission or agenda and lack leadership this have caused lack of direction and focus for the elite who represent the people. However all that is subject to change and does not affect Igbo's uniting to effect a change.

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by ElsonMorali: 2:14pm On Mar 17, 2017
Preach peace not war
Preach love not hate...

Well written OP.

Olaniyi is a prestigious Yoruba name which means "wealth has value". Whatever it means in any other language shouldn't and doesn't concern the Yorubas. Thank you. undecided

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by aribisala0(m): 2:20pm On Mar 17, 2017
Ikwerre people are very very different from Igbo people in terms of drive ,energy,attitude to work and business. Everyone who knows Ikwerre people knows this.
Ikwerre people cannot move to and survive in any part of Igboland outside their homeland and they cannot survive in Biafra they will be assimilated.
Which work are Ikwerre people known for?

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by myplaydiary: 2:58pm On Mar 17, 2017
aribisala0:
Ikwerre people are very very different from Igbo people in terms of drive ,energy,attitude to work and business. Everyone who knows Ikwerre people knows this.
Ikwerre people cannot move to and survive in any part of Igboland outside their homeland and they cannot survive in Biafra they will be assimilated.
Which work are Ikwerre people known for?
...and how do you know all this are you Ikwerre? Are you Igbo? So where did you derive all that you listed up there, now let me educate you a little. Igbo create, they bring about change and they are flexible to adapt regardless the circumstances that abound, Incase you don't know Igbo's spread across Igboland have their various drives and area of specialization including the ikwerres that you speak off.

The Western Igbo's; the Igbo's on the western banks of the Niger, they are known to be Technocrat, Educationalist, and place Education as key, so they strive to key positions in their various careers and field of endeavors. Ngozi Okonjo Iwela, Pat Utomi, Tony Elumelu etc.

Onitsha they are career people, even though their land host the largest market in west Africa they are not traders or business men, they are more of Doctors, Lawyers, Accountants, Bankers etc nothing give an Onitsha woman more joy than answering Nne Doctor, or Nne Lawyer.

Nnewi are industrialists, Business men, manufacturers the also engage in trading but they do not engage in petty trading. Ibeto, Coscharis, Innoson, Capital, etc.

Anambra people, the list is endless from transport, to manufacturing, construction, oil and gas, import, trade, business, education and they excel at every one of them. Godwin Ezeemo, Next oil, Stine Mill, Inter bau, transglobe.

Imo the are also educational inclined, and like to have professionals and career people but the are also great business men who have dominated the pharmaceutical aspect of trade even an Anambra man knows that pharmaceutical line is IMO territory.

Abia I don't think this guys need any introduction, think anything and achieve it in Aba, they are into everything every Igbo stock do and they still come out tops. Manufacturing, industrialist, Education, trade and commerce etc.

Enugu, is the eastern hub they hold down Education, Agriculture, business and tourism etc.

Ebonyi, these guys hold down the cargo transport sector in the east, Majority of the heavy cargo transporters are owned by Ebonyi natives, they also top Agriculture in the region, Education etc.

Ikwerres hold down the politics of Rivers states and they also hold the oil and gas sector and work force in Ph take a trip down there, go figure, stop making assumptions or giving false representation of reality.

I hope you find this information useful and cure your ignorance. peace.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by aribisala0(m): 3:07pm On Mar 17, 2017
myplaydiary:
...and how do you know all this are you Ikwerre? Are you Igbo? So where did you derive all that you listed up there, now let me educate you a little. Igbo create, the bring about change and the are flexible to adapt regardless the circumstances, Incase you don't know Igbo's spread across various Igboland have their various drives and area off specialization including the ikwerres that you speak off.

The Western Igbo's those are the Igbo's on the western banks of the Niger, they are known to be Technocrat, Educationalist, and place Education as key, so they strive to key positions in the various careers and field of endeavors.

Onitsha are career people, even though they host the largest market in west Africa they are not traders or business men, they are more of Doctors, Lawyers, Accountants, Bankers etc nothing give an Onitsha woman more joy than answering Nne Doctor, or Nne Lawyer.

Nnewi are industrialists, Business men, manufacturers the also engage in trading but not petty trading.

Anambra, from transport, to manufacturing, import, trade, business, education and the strive at every one of them.

Imo the are also educational inclined, and like to have professionals and career people but the are also great business men who have dominated the pharmaceutical aspect of trade even an Anambra man knows that pharmaceutical line is IMO territory.

Abia I don't think this guys need any introduction, think anything and achieve it in Aba, they are into everything every Igbo stock do and they still come out tops.

Enugu, is the eastern hub the hold down Education, Agriculture, business and tourism.

Ebonyi, this guys hold down the cargo transport sector in the east, Majority of the heavy cargo transporters are owned by Ebonyi natives, the also top Agriculture in the region, Education etc.

Ikwerres hold the politics of Rivers states and they also hold the oil and gas sector and work force in Ph take a trip down there, go figure.

I hope you find this information useful and cure your ignorance.
What work are Ikwerre people known for?
Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by myplaydiary: 3:23pm On Mar 17, 2017
aribisala0:

What work are Ikwerre people known for?
Dint you see my post above? okay now tell me what work are Igbo people known for? Maybe that will answer your question for you.

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by ezeagu(m): 3:27pm On Mar 17, 2017
myplaydiary:
You have a point there, but your assertion is wrong, Igbo's are only that way because of where they find themselves today (Nigeria) and everyone in trying to get to Aso rock. Nigeria have been more of a setback to the Igbo man than a blessing.

Secondly Igbos have no clear cut mission or agenda and lack leadership this have caused lack of direction and focus for the elite who represent the people. However all that is subject to change and does not affect Igbo's uniting to effect a change.

Ikwerre and some Anioma disassociate with Igbo because the Igbo people cannot strategise and stand for one clear goal in Nigeria. There are no Igbo leaders that would reach out to them to strategise, instead all you have is Igbo playing by Nigeria's divisive regional politics and calling themselves "south east" as if all Igbo speaking people are in the "south east", anybody outside of the "south east" does not strongly identify with Igbo, how would they when the "south east" doesn't see them as Igbo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by aribisala0(m): 3:29pm On Mar 17, 2017
myplaydiary:
Dint you see my post above? okay now tell me what work are Igbo people known for? Maybe that will answer your question for you.
http://pulse.ng/gist/bad-eggs-2-nigerians-arrested-for-drug-trafficking-in-india-id5618908.html work
http://punchng.com/nigerians-arrested-drug-trafficking-not-members-mfm/
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/190561-man-arrested-with-cocaine-says-he-was-under-a-spell.html

So tell us which axis these ones are from is it Abia Ebonyi or Ikwerre?
+

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by loopman: 3:30pm On Mar 17, 2017
myplaydiary:

That is why a leadership nonentity like Kanu can easily assume leadership role in Igboland
Ngwanu grin

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by myplaydiary: 3:33pm On Mar 17, 2017

5 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by aribisala0(m): 3:35pm On Mar 17, 2017
myplaydiary:
Please don't derail this thread grin

Mods epp me
Which one be derail kwanu? No be wetin you ask me I dey answer? Ikwerre people dey do that kain work?

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by myplaydiary: 3:35pm On Mar 17, 2017
loopman:

That is why a leadership nonentity like Kanu can easily assume leadership role in Igboland
Ngwanu grin
Heya my brother you made it, so you are still alive, grin

Please don't derail this threads.

Seun come and see your brothers o, they haff come to fight oo cheesy

Mods eep me o
Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by myplaydiary: 3:39pm On Mar 17, 2017
aribisala0:
Which one be derail kwanu? No be wetin you ask me I dey answer? Ikwerre people dey do that kain work?
No Ikwerre no dey do that kind work.

Oya come dey go house.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by loopman: 3:39pm On Mar 17, 2017
myplaydiary:
Heya my brother you made it, so you are still alive, grin

Please don't derail this threads.

Seun come and see your brothers o, they haff come to fight oo cheesy

Mods eep me o

I sent 90% of your brothers to NL jail yesterday on that thread grin grin
That one with 00009 numerical moniker got a very loooonggg prison sentence grin

Enjoy your thread bro . grin
Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by myplaydiary: 3:41pm On Mar 17, 2017
loopman:

I sent 90% of your brothers to NL jail yesterday on that thread grin grin
That one with 00009 numerical moniker got a very loooonggg prison sentence grin

Enjoy your thread bro . grin
Thank you oya dey go tongue
Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by aribisala0(m): 3:42pm On Mar 17, 2017
myplaydiary:
No Ikwerre no dey do that kind work.

Oya come dey go house.
Eh hen so which kain work dem take know Ikwerre people. I know say before dem dey tap palmwine but nowadays just name one Ikwerre man wey no be politician which other work dem they do? Militant?
Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by Amarabae(f): 3:45pm On Mar 17, 2017
Who exactly are the ikwerres sef? if they want to be called ikwerres, then so be it.
The only problem here is that they have to drop Igbo identity like Name, dialect, culture etc and get their own inorder to be distinct.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by loopman: 3:47pm On Mar 17, 2017
myplaydiary:
Thank you oya dey go tongue

No way, I will be here reading comments, if anyone insult Yorubas, I will attack such person.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by donratcock: 3:49pm On Mar 17, 2017
The chimpanze above me have come again for another round of slap from Igbo spirits
The last slap dished on him was not enough
If you quote me another slap awaits you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by aribisala0(m): 3:52pm On Mar 17, 2017
Amarabae:
Who exactly are the ikwerres sef? if they want to be called ikwerres, then so be it.
The only problem here is that they have to drop Igbo identity like Name, dialect, culture etc and get their own inorder to be distinct.
And who is to say those names are not Ikwerre names which Igbos have borrowed. What evidence is there that Ikwerres did not exist before Igbos? When people are neighbours they share a lot in common.
Arabs and Jews

Ibrahim Abraham
Solomon Suleiman
Jacob Yakub
Joseph Yusuf

and so on

So who owns the names

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by donratcock: 3:55pm On Mar 17, 2017
aribisala0:
And who is to say those names are not Ikwerre names which Igbos have borrowed. What evidence is there that Ikwerres did not exist before Igbos?
I feel sorry for afonjas
Imagine what a full grown man is saying
No wonder they are called children of waste and hate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dele Momodu Shares Video Of How Abacha Died In Abuja (Throwback) / Unknown Gunmen Launches Facebook Page Give Alert Of Killings PHOTOS / Wike Keeps Delivering In Rivers For Tinubu Jesus Is Lord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.