Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,401 members, 7,846,693 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here (5777 Views)

Why Ohanaeze, Igbo Governors Sacrificed Nnamdi Kanu To Northerners – IPOB / Rivers Rerun: Ikwerre Women Sit Down In Front Of INEC Collation Center. PICS / Rivers Rerun: Riggers Caught In Ikwerre Burst Into Tears. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by Amarabae(f): 3:56pm On Mar 17, 2017
aribisala0:
And who is to say those names are not Ikwerre names which Igbos have borrowed. What evidence is there that Ikwerres did not exist before Igbos?
and what if oduduwa was a bini man and the yorubas claimed him? what if bini people existed long before the yorubas?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by aribisala0(m): 4:00pm On Mar 17, 2017
Amarabae:
and what if oduduwa was a bini man and the yorubas claimed him? what if bini people existed long before the yorubas?
I do not think it is an unreasonable theory ,one has to be open minded. I personally think there may be some truth in it. It is foolish to believe that the peoples in Southern Nigeria are not somehow related historically
Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by Amarabae(f): 4:02pm On Mar 17, 2017
aribisala0:
I do not think it is an unreasonable theory ,one has to be open minded. I personally think there may be some truth in it. It is foolish to believe that the peoples in Southern Nigeria are not somehow related historically
thats what we are saying na. You think I don't see through ur divisive tactics.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by myplaydiary: 4:05pm On Mar 17, 2017
ezeagu:

Ikwerre and some Anioma disassociate with Igbo because the Igbo people cannot strategise and stand for one clear goal in Nigeria. There are no Igbo leaders that would reach out to them to strategise, instead all you have is Igbo playing by Nigeria's divisive regional politics and calling themselves "south east" as if all Igbo speaking people are in the "south east", anybody outside of the "south east" does not strongly identify with Igbo, how would they when the "south east" doesn't see them as Igbo.
Like I said Nigeria have been more of a curse to the Igbo man than a blessing that said, we all can admit that Ohanaeze of today have some balls let's support them and see if they address any of the things you mentioned, please I indulge you to focus more on the things that unites us than those which divides us. Udo diri gi.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by jakandeola(m): 4:06pm On Mar 17, 2017
Amarabae:
wy cant u do witout showing ur hatred of yoruba
Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by myplaydiary: 4:08pm On Mar 17, 2017
aribisala0:
Eh hen so which kain work dem take know Ikwerre people. I know say before dem dey tap palmwine but nowadays just name one Ikwerre man wey no be politician which other work dem they do? Militant?
Tonto Dikeh, Julius Agwu, Duncan Mighty to name a few.
Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by Amarabae(f): 4:08pm On Mar 17, 2017
jakandeola:
who is this emotional guy sef? I am arguing something with the guy i quoted and we want to arrive at a point.
Whats the hatred there.

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by jakandeola(m): 4:15pm On Mar 17, 2017
Amarabae:
who is this emotional guy sef? I am arguing something with the guy i quoted and we want to arrive at a point.
Whats the hatred there.
I hate it why did u involve yoruba in all ur blog I hate tribalism if I curse u it wld luk like am a bad person but is cos am angry I say things I neva wish to say. live yoruba alone

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by aribisala0(m): 4:15pm On Mar 17, 2017
myplaydiary:
Tonto Dikeh, Julius Agwu, Duncan Mighty to name a few.
which kain work demand dey do?
Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by myplaydiary: 4:18pm On Mar 17, 2017
Amarabae:
Who exactly are the ikwerres sef? if they want to be called ikwerres, then so be it.
The only problem here is that they have to drop Igbo identity like Name, dialect, culture etc and get their own inorder to be distinct.
Amy you have to let go those sentiments, they are Ikwerres, and the have Igbo blood flowing in them that makes them our brothers that's what matters.

Look at it this way.

Nna kudu: A di'm nma
Onye ebe ka e bu? Onye Anambra
E be na Anambra: Idemilli.
Okay nnoo o

That is the same case with Ikwerre so why do you have a problem with that? Please let peace reign, we are stronger together and the insults from others will go away

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by crisisexpert321(m): 4:20pm On Mar 17, 2017
very well
Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by Amarabae(f): 4:23pm On Mar 17, 2017
jakandeola:
hahahahahaha. Funny guy..
Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by jakandeola(m): 4:25pm On Mar 17, 2017
Amarabae:
hahahahahaha. Funny guy..
lol we disagree to agree #peace
Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by myplaydiary: 4:29pm On Mar 17, 2017
Amarabae:
You see what comments like the one you made can cause, it give room for division and rift, I have told you stop giving cone heads reasons to insult Igbo's, have you ever seen Ikwerre people come out unprovoke to attack heartland Igbo's, they only do it in defense and with Afonja cone heads lurking around looking for such opportunity, the thread becomes a mess, because only one of your own can put you to shame.

Please be wise, the cone heads face the same issue but you never see them insulting the Itsekiris the Ijebus and the Eguns, instead the install an Olu in warri, and send Opc to protect the Itsekiris. Please be wise jare. angry

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by aribisala0(m): 4:33pm On Mar 17, 2017
Amarabae:
thats what we are saying na. You think I don't see through ur divisive tactics.
I can tell you love of eman u men but pretend a lot
Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by aribisala0(m): 4:39pm On Mar 17, 2017
One question my eboe friends can never answer. During the so called abandoned property saga no property was seized in Lagos. It is not our character. In fact it only happened in Ikwerre land.So when Ikwerre did that were they displaying Igboness or Ikwerreness?
Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by myplaydiary: 4:48pm On Mar 17, 2017
aribisala0:
One question my eboe friends can never answer. During the so called abandoned property saga no property was seized in Lagos. It is not our character. In fact it only happened in Ikwerre land.So when Ikwerre did that were they displaying Igboness or Ikwerreness?
Mr man shut up and stop making a fool of yourself on this thread, Ikwerres didn't take Igbo properties Ijaws did and they could only do it because it was back by the government. So shut up and stop making a fool of yourself.

Now tell me what you have to say about all the Igbo businesses that Lagos state government have been destroying.

5 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by aribisala0(m): 4:52pm On Mar 17, 2017
myplaydiary:
Mr man shut up and stop making a fool of yourself on this thread, Ikwerres didn't take Igbo properties Ijaws did and they could only do it because it was back by the government. So shut up and stop making a fool of yourself.

Now tell me what you have to say about all the Igbo businesses that Lagos state government have been destroying.
You will shut up permanently before your time. Every one knows it was the Ikwerre so stop deceiving yourself
What business is Lagos destroying? Lagos is a place of law not On its ha. If you have grievances we have courts.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by myplaydiary: 4:58pm On Mar 17, 2017
aribisala0:

You will shut up permanently before your time. Every one knows it was the Ikwerre so stop deceiving yourself
Afonja staying in ipetu village want to tell me what happened in PH, continue mastubating over Igbo affairs with your Lagos, Ibadan nkan mbe news. Ode. grin

4 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by aribisala0(m): 5:03pm On Mar 17, 2017
myplaydiary:
Afonja staying in ipetu village want to tell me what happened in PH, continue mastubating over Igbo affairs with your Lagos, Ibadan nkan mbe news. Ode. grin
Eleribu ,bottomline it was the Ikwerre that appropriated Manmustwack now Olu Obasanjo road, DLine and Ogbunabali Not the I jaw.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by myplaydiary: 5:04pm On Mar 17, 2017
aribisala0:
Eleribu ,bottomless it was the Iwerne that appropriateday man must wacky now Old Obama jobs, Dline and go unable Not the I jaw.
This one don mad for this thread o grin

Seun come see, one of your brothers don mad untop Igbo matter cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by aribisala0(m): 5:05pm On Mar 17, 2017
myplaydiary:
my papa don mad for this thread o grin
Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by GrandGarcon: 5:20pm On Mar 17, 2017
myplaydiary:

You should not have answered the fool, Even if the Ikwerres took Igbo Properties, if they stop it, we will still forgive them, they are our brothers and sisters, should we become enemies because of that tragedy orchestrated by our super enemies? No! they just want us to continue the so called quarrel because it then gives them the opportunity to keep on dividing US.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by myplaydiary: 5:40pm On Mar 17, 2017
GrandGarcon:
You should not have answered the fool, Even if the Ikwerres took Igbo Properties, if they stop it, we will still forgive them, they are our brothers and sisters, should we become enemies because of that tragedy orchestrated by our super enemies? No! they just want us to continue the so called quarrel because it then gives them the opportunity to keep on dividing US.
Exactly well said, some ethnic groups desperately want the Igbo's and Ikwerre to have rift in other to strangulate the Igbos and weaken the Ikwerres but I don't know why some of our people are blind to this fact and keep falling for it.

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by thuggCheetah(m): 6:07pm On Mar 17, 2017
aribisala0:
And who is to say those names are not Ikwerre names which Igbos have borrowed. What evidence is there that Ikwerres did not exist before Igbos? When people are neighbours they share a lot in common.
Arabs and Jews

Ibrahim Abraham
Solomon Suleiman
Jacob Yakub
Joseph Yusuf

and so on

So who owns the names
I agree with u my brother
We Yoruba Muslims must keep trying to seperate igbos from SS tribes, SS must abandon Igbos and embrace our oblong skulls so dat their oil can keep flowing to our brown roof IDP camp here in Oshogbo
grin grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by AntiNigerian: 6:12pm On Mar 17, 2017
ozoebuka1:
WE THE NIGER DELTA, SS AND REAL OGBOS, support only the unity of Nigeria!!! we must ensure we blame ipob miscreants, they are to be blamed for anything affecting Nigeria... Lmao, nairaland dey sweet sha. Anyone that doesn't support the unity of one Nigeria is not a real igbo!!! courtesy of "WE THE NIGER DELTA CREW, WNDC " gringringrin
bia nwo Fulani! angry
Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by ozoebuka1(m): 8:11pm On Mar 17, 2017
AntiNigerian:
bia nwo Fulani! angry
baba park well... grin
Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by AntiNigerian: 8:21pm On Mar 17, 2017
ozoebuka1:
baba park well... grin
hmm
Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by Ngozi123(f): 8:22pm On Mar 17, 2017
ezeagu:

Ikwerre and some Anioma disassociate with Igbo because the Igbo people cannot strategise and stand for one clear goal in Nigeria. There are no Igbo leaders that would reach out to them to strategise, instead all you have is Igbo playing by Nigeria's divisive regional politics and calling themselves "south east" as if all Igbo speaking people are in the "south east", anybody outside of the "south east" does not strongly identify with Igbo, how would they when the "south east" doesn't see them as Igbo.

That's why groups such as Ohaneze Ndigbo and other pan-Igbo groups are so important. We should stop using terms such as "South-East" and "South-South" and use "Igboland" instead. Both regions are guilty of having this attitude.

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by oyinkinola: 8:45pm On Mar 17, 2017
myplaydiary:
Igbo's, there is no better time to promote love and unity amongst ourselves, ohanaeze at the helm of the current President is promoting unity, peace and economic progress across Igboland. Let's support Ohanaeze to promote and sustain unity across all Igbo borders and stop being petty on Nairaland.

Saying Ikwerre denied being Igbo is not totally true they simply chose to be identified as Ikwerre, it does not change their Igboness? Please Igbo's let Ikwerre maintain their identity. We have Idemili, Ngwa, Nnewi, Aro, Nsuka, etc. The Ikwerre identity does not make them any other tribe but our brothers with the Ikwerre title in Rivers, Simply put Ikwerre wants to be recognized as Ikwerre in Rivers state, mainly for political gains.

Igbo's abroad do it, they deny Nigeria for economic gains and survival but come back home to develop their homeland. It is simply a survival technique adopted by Ikwerre's given the situation they found themselves in old Rivers state coupled with the aftershocks of the uncivil war. However many would want to argue that it has gone to far, Yes, because they have that identity now but does that stop them from being our brothers.

Even, when a father disown a son he still keeps his ear to the ground to hear news about him and silently prays in his heart that it is well with him. Igbo's watch and see Ikwerre will not be the ones fighting on this thread, those who will fight us on this thread for preaching unity amongst ourselves are the same people benefiting from the fallout, they want the status quo to remain so that Ikwerre's strength is tamed and Igbo's Economic progress is cut short.

Igbo's sa nu asa na anya.

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by Nobody: 8:54pm On Mar 17, 2017
As expected, the vermins are already invading. That aribumumu of a guy subtly opened the windows for them suckers to come in. Afonjas, bad belly. sad

4 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by Jaysturner: 8:58pm On Mar 17, 2017
myplaydiary:
Igbo's, there is no better time to promote love and unity amongst ourselves, ohanaeze at the helm of the current President is promoting unity, peace and economic progress across Igboland. Let's support Ohanaeze to promote and sustain unity across all Igbo borders and stop being petty on Nairaland.

Saying Ikwerre denied being Igbo is not totally true they simply chose to be identified as Ikwerre, it does not change their Igboness? Please Igbo's let Ikwerre maintain their identity. We have Idemili, Ngwa, Nnewi, Aro, Nsuka, etc. The Ikwerre identity does not make them any other tribe but our brothers with the Ikwerre title in Rivers, Simply put Ikwerre wants to be recognized as Ikwerre in Rivers state, mainly for political gains.

Igbo's abroad do it, they deny Nigeria for economic gains and survival but come back home to develop their homeland. It is simply a survival technique adopted by Ikwerre's given the situation they found themselves in old Rivers state coupled with the aftershocks of the uncivil war. However many would want to argue that it has gone to far, Yes, because they have that identity now but does that stop them from being our brothers.

Even, when a father disown a son he still keeps his ear to the ground to hear news about him and silently prays in his heart that it is well with him. Igbo's watch and see Ikwerre will not be the ones fighting on this thread, those who will fight us on this thread for preaching unity amongst ourselves are the same people benefiting from the fallout, they want the status quo to remain so that Ikwerre's strength is tamed and Igbo's Economic progress is cut short.

Igbo's sa nu asa na anya.
nah wa
Igbo people....
the only set of Nigerians who ll oppress a people just to get out of oppression from others.
How Ikwerre take be Igbo?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

INEC Has No Plans To Postpone the 2023 General Election / El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? / Documentary On History Of Nigeria - A Must Watch For All Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.