Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,426 members, 7,846,779 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here (5780 Views)

Why Ohanaeze, Igbo Governors Sacrificed Nnamdi Kanu To Northerners – IPOB / Rivers Rerun: Ikwerre Women Sit Down In Front Of INEC Collation Center. PICS / Rivers Rerun: Riggers Caught In Ikwerre Burst Into Tears. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by myplaydiary: 1:34am On Mar 18, 2017
ezeagu:
And note the "scornful content" is also how some Ika and rivers people refer to 'ndi Igbo'.
Now I see how you intend promoting igbobuofu, what an irony, I would have love to explain this things to you, but I really don't want to derial this thread create another thread for it I will meet you there with more than enough fact and document to educate you.
Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by myplaydiary: 1:41am On Mar 18, 2017
Ngozi123:

Many Igbo communities used the term "Igbo" to describe their neighbouring communities and not themselves. The term only became collectivised after the Europeans came, I believe. Onitsha people are proud Igbos. Like I said, some of them have an elitist mentality but it does not negate the fact that they are proud Igbos. The same goes for Ogbaru people too.
Ngozi please ignore him, he's been trying to derail this thread, this thread is about Ikwerre, I've told him he can create another thread for any other Igbo ethnic stock I will meet him there, but for now please let's stay on topic , thank you.
Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by ezeagu(m): 1:47am On Mar 18, 2017
myplaydiary:
Now I see how you intend promoting igbobuofu, what an irony, I would have love to explain this things to you, but I really don't want to derial this thread create another thread for it I will meet you there with more than enough fact and document to educate you.

But we're both here promoting a site where people post pictures of malnourished Biafra babies when arguing with Igbo people. I'm replying to the topic of this thread appropriately so another thread doesn't need to be created.

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by myplaydiary: 1:55am On Mar 18, 2017
ezeagu:

But we're both here promoting a site where people post pictures of malnourished Biafra babies when arguing with Igbo people. I'm replying to the topic of this thread appropriately so another thread doesn't need to be created.
I don't care what people post I care what Igbo's post and what you post is causing disaffection amongst brothers, Ngo an Onitsha babe told you that is not true only for you to post a precolonial document as proof, that's very bad I must say, I dint expect such from you to say the least. Now tell me are you more Igbo than the obi of Onitsha.

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by loopman: 4:56am On Mar 18, 2017
Ojiofor:

Coming from someone whose leader is a drug fugitive in the person of Bola Tinubu and whose president is a primary school dropout.

Meanwhile your own leader is in kuje prison picked up from a dingy hotel room in a suburb of Lagos in the company of prostitutes having a romp.
Una no dey get shame, just keep quiet.

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by oyinkinola: 7:52am On Mar 18, 2017
myplaydiary:
Heya all your brothers haff died on the Waec thread o, you can continue taking refuge here coward. grin
...w/a economics reform will work, don't die yet!

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by Ngozi123(f): 8:46am On Mar 18, 2017
ezeagu:

That is why I used the example, there are other groups like Ikwerre who called other people Igbo and it stuck, but also had many people among them like in Onitsha that said they were not Igbo. The point is that there hasn't been any leader or action by Igbo leadership that has come about to finally solidify Igbo identity which is why there's all this confusion happening all over the place.

I don't want to derail this thread any further so I'll keep this short: Onitsha people do not deny their Igbo heritage. At the time that quote was taken, many Onitsha/Ogbaru and other Igbos used the term "Igbo" to describe the neighbouring villages. The fact that they preferred to refer to themselves as Onitsha people rather than Igbo people is not surprising, considering that at the time that quote was taken, there was no 'united Igbo nation' so they would've mostly identified with their town/village. Tell an Onitsha/Ogbaru man he is not Igbo and see what will happen.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by Ngozi123(f): 8:47am On Mar 18, 2017
myplaydiary:
Ngozi please ignore him, he's been trying to derail this thread, this thread is about Ikwerre, I've told him he can create another thread for any other Igbo ethnic stock I will meet him there, but for now please let's stay on topic , thank you.

I won't speak on the matter again in this thread.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by eezor: 8:49am On Mar 18, 2017
Ngozi123:

What is your native name?
Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by ChinenyeN(m): 8:50am On Mar 18, 2017
Igbo people are so paranoid over "divisiveness" that they don't even realize that it's the paranoia (among other things) that is doing them in.

Truthfully, there is not much to discuss. This issue has been over flogging and not in the good sense. People have talked up and down about topics like this going from one Igbo-speaking community to the next. Yet, they never take it to the actual root of the matter. All the talk amounts to is the recycling of argument without saying anything new about the issue.

I'd like to commend Ezeagu for speaking what needs to be spoken. Igbo people's paranoia over unity has led to the worst type of self-censorship; it is the type that blinds a people from being truthful to themselves and compels them to remain content in the endless cycle of talk with no real movement forward.

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by Ngozi123(f): 8:55am On Mar 18, 2017
eezor:

Please can we talk on whatsapp.

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by Ojiofor: 9:01am On Mar 18, 2017
loopman:

Meanwhile your own leader is in kuje prison picked up from a dingy hotel room in a suburb of Lagos in the company of prostitutes having a romp.
Una no dey get shame, just keep quiet.

You need to shut up and stop posting photoshopped pictures.

Was your lord and savior Awolowo not in Calabar prison wasting away before the great one had mercy on him and released him on humanitarian ground?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by loopman: 9:23am On Mar 18, 2017
Ojiofor:

Was your lord and savior Awolowo not in Calabar prison wasting away before the great one had mercy on him and released him on humanitarian ground?

You ipood yoots are miserable. You simply like writing your history to suit you! Give a suitable official link that shows your great one related the greatest of them all Pa Awo!

Meanwhile your own saviour Kanu is showing sign of frustration daily in Kuje, even after he was crowned the Obi of Kuje grin

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by donratcock: 9:32am On Mar 18, 2017
Ojiofor:

You de mind that afonja chimpanze
Since their ancestor was thrown out of heaven they have been confused all their lives
They always live in denial
Twisting the truth to suit them is their stock in trade

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by Ojiofor: 9:32am On Mar 18, 2017
loopman:

You ipood yoots are miserable. You simply like writing your history to suit you! Give a suitable official link that shows your great one related the greatest of them all Pa Awo!

Meanwhile your own saviour Kanu is showing sign of frustration daily in Kuje, even after he was crowned the Obi of Kuje grin
See frustrated Almajiri grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by Ojiofor: 9:35am On Mar 18, 2017
donratcock:

You de mind that afonja chimpanze
Since their ancestor was thrown out of heaven they have been confused all their lives
They always live in denial
Twisting the truth to suit them is their stock in trade

Umu Afonja are deeply confused.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by myplaydiary: 9:44am On Mar 18, 2017
Ngozi123:

I won't speak on the matter again in this thread.
Thank you very much i appreciate your maturity, Udo.

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by oooppp2(m): 9:54am On Mar 18, 2017
loopman:

YORUBATOUT I TINK THIS THREAD WILL SHOW U OJUKWU RELEASED THAT RAT PIOSON DRINKER FROM PRISON

https://www.nairaland.com/1932621/released-awolowo-prison-ojukwu-gowon
Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by loopman: 10:04am On Mar 18, 2017
oooppp2:

YORUBATOUT I TINK THIS THREAD WILL SHOW U OJUKWU RELEASED THAT RAT PIOSON DRINKER FROM PRISON

https://www.nairaland.com/1932621/released-awolowo-prison-ojukwu-gowon

Nairaland link? Are you ok?
Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by loopman: 10:06am On Mar 18, 2017
Ojiofor:

See frustrated Almajiri grin

It's those that are been denied Biafra that are frustrated bro grin

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by oooppp2(m): 10:07am On Mar 18, 2017
loopman:

Nairaland link? Are you ok?

fallen one I THINK U ARE THE ONE THAT IS NUTS YOUR MASTER ARE ARRESTING YOUR CHIEFS IN ILE IFE YOU ARE A FO....OL

https://www.nairaland.com/3689496/aregbeshola-betrayed-yoruba-nation-ffk#54702270
Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by oooppp2(m): 10:12am On Mar 18, 2017
MY HUMBLE PROOF YORUBAS ARE SLAVES OF THE NORTH

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by Nobody: 10:21am On Mar 18, 2017
The truth is that some quarters of Ikwerre don't have problem associating with the Igbo nation tag.... Isiokpo and Igirita areas are relaxed.... Hostility usually stems from Emohua, and Obio axis. Places, like Eneka, Iriebe, even as close as Oroigwe, in Eliowani, don't have any problem when it comes to Igbo matter. may be if the Igbo nation, our leadership, will unite on a common course that clearly defines boundaries and interests, this clot that is bedeviling unity among us will fizzle off.
Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by ezeagu(m): 11:28am On Mar 18, 2017
ChinenyeN:
Igbo people are so paranoid over "divisiveness" that they don't even realize that it's the paranoia (among other things) that is doing them in.

Truthfully, there is not much to discuss. This issue has been over flogging and not in the good sense. People have talked up and down about topics like this going from one Igbo-speaking community to the next. Yet, they never take it to the actual root of the matter. All the talk amounts to is the recycling of argument without saying anything new about the issue.

I'd like to commend Ezeagu for speaking what needs to be spoken. Igbo people's paranoia over unity has led to the worst type of self-censorship; it is the type that blinds a people from being truthful to themselves and compels them to remain content in the endless cycle of talk with no real movement forward.

And they don't want to understand that it is that centralisation and rigid terms of unity and conformity of a highly diverse language group without consultation of all parties involved during the colonial period is what has caused all of this problems in the first place. Most of these Igbo groups see 'Igbo' as an (old) Anambra and Imo hegemony and that is because of the historic centralisation in Enugu, Onitsha, Owerri, Umuahia.

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by aribisala0(m): 11:40am On Mar 18, 2017
blues2022:
The truth is that some quarters of Ikwerre don't have problem associating with the Igbo nation tag.... Isiokpo and Igirita areas are relaxed.... Hostility usually stems from Emohua, and Obio axis. Places, like Eneka, Iriebe, even as close as Oroigwe, in Eliowani, don't have any problem when it comes to Igbo matter. may be if the Igbo nation, our leadership, will unite on a common course that clearly defines boundaries and interests, this clot that is bedeviling unity among us will fizzle off.
The Igbo nation? What is that?
Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by Youngadvocate(m): 11:50am On Mar 18, 2017
A much better platform to unite, I believe, is Igbobia.com. Though it is a new platform just over a month, the forum has done pretty well in promoting Igbo culture and people, by reporting solely, news contents about the Igbo people and revealing facts and contents that are beneficial to the Ndi-Igbo.
Any Igbo son and daughter can register and post contents. Check it out!!
Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by Nobody: 12:00pm On Mar 18, 2017
aribisala0:
The Igbo nation? What is that?
I don't converse with cone heads. wink
Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by myplaydiary: 12:00pm On Mar 18, 2017
Ngozi123:

I don't want to derail this thread any further so I'll keep this short: Onitsha people do not deny their Igbo heritage. At the time that quote was taken, many Onitsha/Ogbaru and other Igbos used the term "Igbo" to describe the neighbouring villages. The fact that they preferred to refer to themselves as Onitsha people rather than Igbo people is not surprising, considering that at the time that quote was taken, there was no 'united Igbo nation' so they would've mostly identified with their town/village. Tell an Onitsha/Ogbaru man he is not Igbo and see what will happen.
Ngozi thank you for that explanation, in as much as i don't want to discuss this on this thread I have to address it for those reading, because a lot of them might assume that fallacy to be true. It is true that Onitsha people in time past use to call neighboring communities ndi Ugbo which was later corrupted by the whites to Igbo and this was because like you rightly stated Igbo's were not under the singular umbrella of the word "Igbo" as every community was recognized by their various groups and clans from Ogbaru to Onitsha to Idemili, to Nsuka to Izza the list is endless, it was the coming other the Whites that put all under the umbrella Igbo because they were one people through religion, descendants, ancestry, customs, tradition, language etc.

The second second reason Onitsha natives referred to the other Igbo's as Ndi Ugbo, was because Onitsha had early contact with the white and their villages quickly developed to towns while the others where in the eastern hinterlands or heartlands and majority where farmers so each time the farmers came to Onitsha towns for trade of their farm produce the natives would refer to them as Ndi ugbo, meaning farmers which most eastern heartlanders were at the time nothing derogatory there.

About the Ancestry many Igbo have various ancestry and not all Igbos that migrated from Benin have Benin ancestry, also it should be noted that the fact the some migrated from Benin does not mean they were of Benin ancestry Igbo's were actively involved in Benin during its reign as Nri Kingdom was sometimes consulted for spiritual guidance, also many Igbo's settled and lived there. So don't be fooled by he ezeagu's antics I really used to like and take that guy seriously until this minute. Udo.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by aribisala0(m): 12:02pm On Mar 18, 2017
blues2022:

I don't converse with cone heads. wink
what kind of head do you have?
Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by aribisala0(m): 12:08pm On Mar 18, 2017
myplaydiary:
Ngozi thank you for that explanation, in as much as i don't want to discuss this on this thread I have to address it for those reading, because a lot of them might assume that fallacy to be true. It is true that Onitsha people in time past use to call neighboring communities ndi Ugbo which was later corrupted by the whites to Igbo and this was because like you rightly stated Igbo's were not under the singular umbrella of the word "Igbo" as every community was recognized by their various groups and clans from Ogbaru to Onitsha to Idemili, to Nsuka to Izza the list is endless, it was the coming other the Whites that put all under the umbrella Igbo because they were one people through religion, descendants, ancestry, customs, tradition, language etc.

The second second reason Onitsha natives referred to the other Igbo's as Ndi Ugbo, was because Onitsha had early contact with the white and their villages quickly developed to towns while the others where in the eastern hinterlands or heartlands and majority where farmers so each time the farmers came to Onitsha towns for trade of their farm produce the natives would refer to them as Ndi ugbo, meaning farmers which most eastern heartlanders were at the time nothing derogatory there.

About the Ancestry many Igbo have various ancestry and not all Igbos that migrated from Benin have Benin ancestry, also it should be noted that the fact the some migrated from Benin does not mean they were of Benin ancestry Igbo's were actively involved in Benin during its reign as Nri Kingdom was sometimes consulted for spiritual guidance, also many Igbo's settled and lived there. So don't be fooled by he ezeagu's antics I really used to like and take that guy seriously until this minute. Udo.
you folk can make up stories. One of you said the US ARMY buys drones in Onitsha market. It is embarrassing some of the stuff you come up with. How can you claim Onitsha had earlier contact with Europeans? That is a stupid lie.What exactly was going on at Onitsha before this so called contact? How big was Onitsha and what was its population? You folk have no history of organisation beyond the clan level so do not try to paint a picture of an urban pre colonial Onitsha
There was nothing like urban life in Igbo land before colonisation. You are essentially village people. Even now in your dialogue you assume everyone else is a villager

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here by myplaydiary: 12:13pm On Mar 18, 2017
blues2022:
I endorse your post very brilliant post.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Refugees Fleeing To Cameroon Cannot Be Sent Back - NRC / My Ambition Was To Become Inspector General Of Police –ribadu / Private Sector Takes Full Control Of Electricity June 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.