Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,369 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? (71203 Views)

How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? / My Wife Wants To Leave Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 25, 2017
cyril700:
this should b a lesson to those ladies that enjoys having unprotected premarital sex. I just started dating one too she hided it from me and I discovered n confronted her b4 she opened up to me. its a choice m not condemning her but have moved on.
Hided? hhehehehahahajajaaaahhahahahhahahahaaaaa

3 Likes

Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by MansaMoussa: 9:43am On Mar 25, 2017
As a Doctor, I would rather marry an "After 1" than the Infanticidal Murderers who parade themselves as Marriageable materials out there....Prove yourself and I will not only take care of you, but also the child..Wetin dey this world?

2 Likes

Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by Cutehector(m): 9:44am On Mar 25, 2017
Nma27:
This is why I love oyibos and their free spirited nature...
lmao.. Marry one na
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by delishpot: 9:46am On Mar 25, 2017
Tell them as soon as they ask for a romantic date.
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by golddust6000(m): 9:46am On Mar 25, 2017
motherfucker:
Keep telling whoever wish to hear. NEVER deny your child.

One of our childhood friend, my elder brother's age mate, came to Benin and dated a lot of girls. He never settled down with anyone.

But as God would have it, he married a single mother who child was already above 10 year old. It was struggle for them and before long, he got a job with a construction company.

After about 2-3 years he resigned and started his own kabukabu business because he was tired of the construction job. He did that for another 2 years and last year, an opportunity came that took the entire family, excluding him to US. As I type this now, all his children( 3 of them), the step daughter and the wife are in US. He sold all his property to raise money for the journey.

I personally don't see anything wrong in marrying a single mother as long as she a good woman and yes, my bros wife is a good woman. I missed her delicious meals like crazy lol.

I have come to realise that Nigerians are the biggest hypocrites on earth. The scream racism and discrimination on other's head but in their own land, there are different kind of discrimination and stigmatisation going on.

OP, non of those guys truly love you. Is your child not a human being like them?

I know a lady who never had a lasting marriage because they found out her mum died from Cancer and she had a child in her first marriage but I thank God today she has found a man who really love her. I also pray that this one last long and from all indications, it wil LAST!

Keep your faith ALIVE!!!!
bro their is nothing about discrimination here, alot of men are running from responsibility especially if the single mother has nothing doing. Guy nobody wan carry another person cross. Asuming or if she is a rich girl, marriege na one hand for her, even me i live in abroad for almost 1 decade single mothers wey dey my area fit reach population of local government, i cant even sleep with them not to talk of getting married to them. Its all about personal thing bro. Dont blame ppl on what they cannot do.
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 25, 2017
PaperLace:
OP, just like someone said up there _make good money, that's all. You may see the one who likes you for you, but just be ready from all angles. It's only on Nairaland I see people claiming only women are materialistic. Men are, but more coded about theirs. A man and his family would find it easier to accept an 'independent' SM, that way they know their son won't be saddled with raising another man's child.

Nne, make money. Be more independent than July4th. Never deny your child. Focus on adding more value to yourself and see how attractive you become.

Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by chukagates(m): 9:47am On Mar 25, 2017
Dyt:
Nawa ooo
I can't even believe a mother will think of denying her child cos cheap silly men are leaving her
Orisirisi

Pls change your circle of men and don't fall for society pressure

they way u ladies rant emotionally can be very annoying...so because some guys cant marry a baby mama they are "cheap and silly"?? EVERY BODY HAS TASTE AND CHOICE THE SAME WAY YOU CANT MARRY A BROKE GUY BECOS OF YOUR TASTE AND CHOICE IS THE SAME WAY SOME MEN CANT MARRY A BABY MAMA...Y'ALL SHOULD DEAL WITH IT!!EVERYBODY GOT TASTE!!!!
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:48am On Mar 25, 2017
Nma27:
Nobody is above mistake... I'm sure he meant "hid".

What is expected of you is to correct and not mock him because nobody is infallible!

1 Like

Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by Laredojohn(m): 9:49am On Mar 25, 2017
chiomababy22:
I had a child 8 years ago. Ever since then, having a long lasting relationship is a big problem because they leave me with the excuse of my child been an issue. My last relationship has left me shattered and the last thing i want to do is deny my baby. Am confused pls friends what do you advise i do? Am not getting any younger. Thanks as i await you comments.
You having a child shouldn't be a problem an you don't have to deny your child all because of a man...the person that will love you with your child and stay with you will definitely come, o thing you need to do more even if your are doing it is is to develop yourself, and never deny your child for any reason, I soo much appreciate single mum's than, soo called slay queens who have done multiple abortions...the mere fact you kept the child shows you value the importance of a child. Also never feel shy to discuss circumstances that lead to your child bearing with a man who shows seriousness to have you...all the best, you slay and you are celebrated

1 Like

Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by EBBari(m): 9:49am On Mar 25, 2017
At first i realise time is not on ur side but for a situation that require a high level of patience for happiness to be sustained i think you take it slow with the men who comes around you for a relationship. Already having a kid is inevitably a thing of joy but most men won't find it convenient fathering a child not diaz so i will advise when you go into any relationship henceforth;
1. You ensure that you totally honest about your story to him even if other boys(not men) have disappointed u despite doin so, as most men(not boys) c it as virteous and loyalty
2. You ascertain that the relationship will end up so serious, to the point of marriage i mean by maybe being confident his not jxt after sex alone buh the care is obvious or don't go further or you risk anoda series of hrt brk.
3. You study his attitude around your child and ensure your child loves him and gives him that respect that will make the man reciprocate his love wtawt any objection.
4. Realize you not prefect and he is not either.
5. Make him realise you want more commitment than bf and gf by discussing tns lik his family with him and how ud want to meet dm probably hvn contact with them and of course highlightn how you will love to carry his own baby and after the wedding what you fo to him during d honey moon wink.
In life challenges are inevitable hence dont stop tryn to overcome them to achieve ur goal or u as good as not breathn anymore.

1 Like

Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by Dexema(m): 9:49am On Mar 25, 2017
JustinSlayer69:

Thank you for your response.

As someone said...it would have been harder if the child was younger. Which man out there would want to buy pampers for another man's kid?

Personally I can't think of any reason to want to marry an after-one.

Believe me, I have witnessed this. You can be 100% nice to a step child and he would still hate you like excrement.
it can be very discouraging for a man still seeking love and romance to start having to gain a child's permission to love his wife, I hope she brought up that child well cos that could be a serious source of problem.
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by chukagates(m): 9:51am On Mar 25, 2017
Dyt:
Nawa ooo
I can't even believe a mother will think of denying her child cos cheap silly men are leaving her
Orisirisi

Pls change your circle of men and don't fall for society pressure

they way u ladies rant emotionally can be very annoying...so because some guys cant marry a baby mama they are "cheap and silly"?? EVERY BODY HAS TASTE AND CHOICE THE SAME WAY YOU CANT MARRY A BROKE GUY BECOS OF YOUR TASTE AND CHOICE IS THE SAME WAY SOME MEN CANT MARRY A BABY MAMA...Y'ALL SHOULD DEAL WITH IT!!EVERYBODY GOT TASTE and Standard!!!!
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by Collins0609(m): 9:51am On Mar 25, 2017
It has noting to b been a boy or man.i dont like this,is dat i dont like dis,some men marry single mothers,others dont.she must have now or in d past been with a guy who is ready to marry her with her baby daughter but d guy does not measure up to her or she simply dont like him nor d guy do not make her light up with butterflies.marriage is not a compromise.marry a single mother can help one have a better home than marrying an abortionist.dat others does not put up with something does not make them a child.after all she is at fault by getting pregnant.y dont she simply marry her baby daddy or choose to wait for a man dat will accept her.women will like a man to marry her with her flaw and must put up with her attitude,while no lady want to marry a struggling guy or date a guy that other lady dont feel attractive,later dey claim dat men cheat on them
TundeHashim:
you're dating boys not men...I think your options are limited to older men coz young guys won't wanna marry an after one..even if deh want...in mumcy no go free..it's the way of the world that we can't change...
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by cyril700(m): 9:51am On Mar 25, 2017
Nma27:
my sister I was confused at that juncture , Is it hid or hide. past tense of hide is what biko?
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by roeb1987(m): 9:51am On Mar 25, 2017
No, don't try denying ur daughter because of guys! i believe they're leaving u because they're not the right guy/man u need. ur honesty will surely get u the kind of man u need. remember God's time is the best!!
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 25, 2017
enshi:

Enshigabriel@ymail.com
You seem to be lonely just like me
I dont mind being a friend
What of your dp addicted gf? anyway the op has enough friends. She needs a good husband.
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by golddust6000(m): 9:53am On Mar 25, 2017
Nma27:
A teen? Why entangle yourself in d first place?
she entagle me o. As i type she is even chatting with me now, but i'm fourty thousand km away from her. When i came to nigeria she came to visit me in my hotel room, she very beautiful, she is a cabonecopy of stephanie okereke, but her beauty no move me at all.
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by Donjazzy12(m): 9:53am On Mar 25, 2017
chiomababy22:
I had a child 8 years ago. Ever since then, having a long lasting relationship is a big problem because they leave me with the excuse of my child been an issue. My last relationship has left me shattered and the last thing i want to do is deny my baby. Am confused pls friends what do you advise i do? Am not getting any younger. Thanks as i await you comments.
OK a quick one. No Morden guy will leave because of your baby. They probably left because if other things. Maybe your attitude. Be honest, what is wrong with your attitude?
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 25, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Nobody is above mistake... I'm sure he meant "hid".

What is expected of you is to correct and not mock him because nobody is infallible!

Lol I'm sure he knows. The mistake cracked me up thoughsmiley
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by Akinaukwa: 9:55am On Mar 25, 2017
Ops, why break your head over hit and runs. A responsible and true loving man is never measured by his marriage to a virgin. You worry over men who denied pregnancies, suggested and aided abortions and dont possess the ability to sustain future love and shoulder responsibilities. You have nothing to worry about my dear.
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by Jerrypolo(m): 9:55am On Mar 25, 2017
Lying about your Child or Spouse is not the best option.

It didn't work for TTT of Big Brother Naija.

Stay true to yourself, let love come to you, do not go in search of it. Only then will u find true love.

Happy weekend y'all.
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 25, 2017
cyril700:
my sister I was confused at that juncture , Is it hid or hide. past tense of hide is what biko?
Lol... u cute
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by mamatwiny(f): 9:56am On Mar 25, 2017
I had a cousin/close friend with almost same issue. Hers is worse cos she married, gave birth to a son, then left the marriage. She said she was deceived. When she had similar issue cos she was married and even wedded+ after one, she sent the baby boy back to the fathers family.
She fell in love with another guy and didn't tell the guy.When the guy proposed, she told the guy part of the story, but not full. D guy told her he is already in love and can't go back. Immediately the guy came for introduction, the girl took in for him sharp sharp. By the time d guy got the indept jist, he couldn't go back cos she was already carrying the baby. They are happily married with 3 kids. The babe also checks on the first son from time to time.

Nb- she also wedded the 2nd guy in church....so I attended both her first and 2nd wedding...grin

1 Like

Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by Nobody: 9:57am On Mar 25, 2017
Cutehector:
lmao.. Marry one na
Naaaa...
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by Cutehector(m): 9:57am On Mar 25, 2017
Nma27:
Naaaa...
why?
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by cyril700(m): 9:57am On Mar 25, 2017
golddust6000:
As i type i have similar problem, she has a 2 year old baby, and she is 19 years. I'm 35 years, she always force her self on me even i told her that i am almost twice her age but she say its not a problem. To be honest i dont like after one girls, most nigerian men or african young men dont like women with kid. We all know that its a big problem at long run. The advice i will give you is to give the baby to her father or leave the baby with your mother,hmm, but still finding a man that will accept you and the kid its very microscopic. I am looking for the next big lie i will tell her so she can leave me, i dont wanna let her know that why i left is because of her kid.
my brother we r in this together mine even moved into my apartment , it took wisdom for me to be able to send her out. I don't Want her to feel bad too and think m leaving coz of d child.
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by dapsoneh: 9:58am On Mar 25, 2017
modelmike7:
Honesty pays.... Never ever deny your baby at any time pls. She should be your EVERYTHING for now. The most important thing now is to work on your self to be a real lady with good prospects and not like our self proclaim "slay queens and slay mamas". You have a bright future ahead sis. The Mr Right will come in due time. Regards to your daughter...........
Btw, you are beautiful!! All the best!!
she neither said 'daughter or Son' so. Why did u say she shouldn't deny her? Or do u knoow her
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by Iyowuski: 9:58am On Mar 25, 2017
How old are you?
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by Koleman(m): 9:58am On Mar 25, 2017
Nutase:
Go back to politics section before we stone you comot for here.
hahaha u are wicked! kai.
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by abescom: 9:58am On Mar 25, 2017
You don't need guys who can't cope with the thought that you are a single mother.

A real man does judge others based on their past. The day my wife told me her past I was shocked but we are married, our second year and have a child.

Wait till a real man comes around. And don't blame yourself for what has happened, it is their problem not yours.
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by enshi(m): 9:59am On Mar 25, 2017
Nma27:
What of your dp addicted gf? anyway the op has enough friends. She needs a good husband.

Sexy... I thought had each other 's handle.. You should have asked in private thou...

Well we have been having issues caused by that addiction and it is lingering....

But sincerely Nma27, you and i should be ashamed of our selves that we aint Friends yet on whatsapp or fb... We are too friendly to be meeting just here.. My thought sha
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:00am On Mar 25, 2017
Nma27:
Lol I'm sure he knows. The mistake cracked me up thoughsmiley
I know but subjecting him to ridicule is off it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Wife To Husband; Yes I Slept With Another Man. What Should He Do? / Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? / 'I Fall Ill Because My Husband Starves Me Of Sex' - Sex Starved Housewife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.