Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,449 members, 7,819,661 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Dino Melaye Addresses Certificate Scandal: "I Graduated From Harvard, UNIABUJA" - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dino Melaye Addresses Certificate Scandal: "I Graduated From Harvard, UNIABUJA" (60877 Views)

Dino Melaye Addresses Peter Obi As Incoming Vice President. See Reactions / Adebayo Shittu On NYSC Scandal: I Don't Have Fake Certificate Like Kemi Adeosun / I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dino Melaye Addresses Certificate Scandal: "I Graduated From Harvard, UNIABUJA" by Akinz0126(m): 10:26pm On Mar 25, 2017
Doyin2:

This is a very idiotic statement.

Why ascribe every issue to the government?why?

You are the real propagandist and mischief maker,a total disgrace to intellectualism,not the government.
undecided

Mr melaye take a chill pill and Bleep the fork off oponu if E pain You go jump inside lagoon ekpa
Re: Dino Melaye Addresses Certificate Scandal: "I Graduated From Harvard, UNIABUJA" by Youngzedd(m): 10:39pm On Mar 25, 2017
Sparkle777:
Let the truth be said. As usual Dino lied as other honourables are prone to. A serious check wil reveal dat most senators and govt official have fake certs. Anyone remember Salisu Buhari and his Toronto certs.
Havard hav denied u, LSE hav done same. ABU we may believ u went bt did u graduate? But it shows u ve not been charitable to ur almer mater hence the heavy silence.
I ve always tot dat most qualifications bsides una name na fake,due to high rate of corruption.
Dino, Dino, is dat ur name sef? Daniel, abi?
All or most of our policticians are raw and conc thieves.
Re: Dino Melaye Addresses Certificate Scandal: "I Graduated From Harvard, UNIABUJA" by Youngzedd(m): 10:40pm On Mar 25, 2017
ipobbigot7:
Melaye, join Harvard University and London School of Economic in suit for denying you and hence bringing ridicule to your massive personality, raise the stake to 15bil naira.

I am not surprised at this revelations at all because his personality and dispositions does not in anyway represents someone who passed through a classroom of learning, he is more like someone who graduated from the University of Agbero Oshodi (UAO) under the vice chancellorship of Oluomo.

Zero chill.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Addresses Certificate Scandal: "I Graduated From Harvard, UNIABUJA" by castrokiller(m): 10:40pm On Mar 25, 2017
I just went to ABU alumi

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Addresses Certificate Scandal: "I Graduated From Harvard, UNIABUJA" by gaddafe(m): 11:00pm On Mar 25, 2017
divicode:

Keep quiet there, if your hero in the cage is not a terrorist, why did he hired SANs?
Always use your head to reason and your fingers to type and not vice versa

what has Buhari not having a certificate got to do with the trash you typed there? Abi I look like Kanu supporter? If you see any of my post where I have supported Igbo or Biafra point it out. Buhari does not have a certificate. Simple! Dino Melaye should be left alone

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Addresses Certificate Scandal: "I Graduated From Harvard, UNIABUJA" by ademasta(m): 11:18pm On Mar 25, 2017
Ok
Re: Dino Melaye Addresses Certificate Scandal: "I Graduated From Harvard, UNIABUJA" by comrChris(m): 11:19pm On Mar 25, 2017
Gassa007:

Why can't geography be in the Arts faculty at some point in the past?
You should not allow ignorance to make you say things that are untrue.
Google is just a click away.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=safari&hl=en-gb&ei=iQfWWLeaJYeyUf2ksdAP&q=geography+bachelor+of+arts&oq=geography+bachelor+of+&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.1.1.0j0i22i30k1l4.2760.5846.0.7226.9.9.0.gws-serp..5.4.1854...41.7UuWBCJgRtk
keep disgracing yourself in the name of defending somebody who don't even know you exist, what you people should know is that Nigerians are wiser these days and no matter how hard you people try to stop or hide the truth it will always be said here and there is nothing you can do about it.

Every evidence has shown that this man is lying and you are still defending him, can you purse a little and ask yourself whether this man actually worth all this your stress, we know it is a free word but that doesn't mean you have to make yourself an object of mockery but if you chooses to that is actually your business

just an advice you can help yourself and get a life

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Addresses Certificate Scandal: "I Graduated From Harvard, UNIABUJA" by Bimpe29: 11:30pm On Mar 25, 2017
Something is fishy. Before now, INEC as an electoral umpire ought to have verified the certificates presented by all those who stood and won in the 2015 general elections, the same should have been done by the National Assembly Service Commission for our Senators and MHRs. In an effective political system, various parties are equally expected to verify certificates of her members who are to fly and bear her flag in any election.

This is a legislator that has been in the public service since.

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Addresses Certificate Scandal: "I Graduated From Harvard, UNIABUJA" by Jesusloveyou: 11:41pm On Mar 25, 2017
ibedun:
Dino is surely an Igbo man!
no.
He is an ipod. That is why, he is ipods new hero.

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Addresses Certificate Scandal: "I Graduated From Harvard, UNIABUJA" by Coolgent(m): 12:30am On Mar 26, 2017
Dino MelLIE how market!

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Addresses Certificate Scandal: "I Graduated From Harvard, UNIABUJA" by seguno2: 1:07am On Mar 26, 2017
greenpasture:

Obfuscation is the using of various facts to cloud a simple issue. What is at issue here is whether the honorable senator lied about his qualification. This is a simple yes or no, hypocrisy is not the issue. Dino cannot be defended by invoking PMB. Dino has said he graduated from a host of universities. Two have said outright that he did not.

Every issue stands and falls on its own merits. PMB cannot claim the existence of an earlier unsolved issue to "absolve" himself of any defect in his qualification. Neither can Dino.

Let us not allow our political preferences to blind us to objective argument. We must not become cognitive casualties of Nigerian politics.

bonna4u:

That is the problem we have in this country. When a thief is caught, his friends, well wishers, fans and kinsmen start defending him/her by mentioning other thiefs. Yes, of course some other people do not have certificates but that doesn't excuse another from certificate forgery. For this country to move forward, it is high time we stopped defending defaulters because others are committing the same offence. Lets call 'a spade a spade' and 'a shovel a shovel'.

He who comes into equity must come with clean hands.

Newt Gingrich and other accusers of Bill Clinton had to resign when it was discovered that they were more filthy than the person whom they were trying to impeach.
Re: Dino Melaye Addresses Certificate Scandal: "I Graduated From Harvard, UNIABUJA" by seguno2: 1:10am On Mar 26, 2017
divicode:
Dear Moronyc flatt headd, you don't need a degree to be president of Nigeria. O wonder when flatness of the head has become synonymous with steupidity

Instead of jumping around in excitement and throwing insults around, why don't you read the post that I responded to for better understanding?
Re: Dino Melaye Addresses Certificate Scandal: "I Graduated From Harvard, UNIABUJA" by Gassa007: 1:23am On Mar 26, 2017
comrChris:
keep disgracing yourself in the name of defending somebody who don't even know you exist, what you people should know is that Nigerians are wiser these days and no matter how hard you people try to stop or hide the truth it will always be said here and there is nothing you can do about it.

Every evidence has shown that this man is lying and you are still defending him, can you purse a little and ask yourself whether this man actually worth all this your stress, we know it is a free word but that doesn't mean you have to make yourself an object of mockery but if you chooses to that is actually your business

just an advice you can help yourself and get a life
After clicking that,now you've seen the truth.You're sounding pained

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Addresses Certificate Scandal: "I Graduated From Harvard, UNIABUJA" by seguno2: 1:38am On Mar 26, 2017
AnonyNymous:

Guy. . .I was supposed to have gone to NDA. . .they have undergraduateprograms:
http://www.nda.edu.ng/faculties.php?pid=32&cid=139

Who said that they don't have undergraduate programs?
Was the NDA existing as the NDA when Buhari went there for two years?
Check and reply.
Thanks
Re: Dino Melaye Addresses Certificate Scandal: "I Graduated From Harvard, UNIABUJA" by seunfape(m): 3:59am On Mar 26, 2017
He cannot differentiate between seminal certificate and degree certificate. He thought all Nigerians are illiterate .let's take for instance all kogians are illiterate but all Nigerian can never be .

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Addresses Certificate Scandal: "I Graduated From Harvard, UNIABUJA" by ceaser: 5:11am On Mar 26, 2017
seguno2:

Assuming for a minute that you could be correct, does that mean that he is better than Buhari who has no school certificate?
The president could only hire 30 SANs paid from our taxes in the empty treasury he claimed to have inherited instead of simply asking the Nigerian Army to show us the certificate since he got into power. To make matters worse, the saintly Buhari resorted to bribing the judge handling the case.
What manner of hypocrisy?

Oh please. Quit being mischievous. Cambridge rather than WAEC was being offered then. Cambridge came out with their statement to verify the authenticity of PMB's claim in contrast to Dino's in which Harvard and LSE has come out to refute his claim. It would have been better for ABU to tow the path of honour befitting a citadel of higher learning and come out with a definitive statement of either rebuttal or confirmation as the case may be, in the manner Harvard and LSE did.
Re: Dino Melaye Addresses Certificate Scandal: "I Graduated From Harvard, UNIABUJA" by Nobody: 5:12am On Mar 26, 2017
- It is not possible to run a Masters' programme in a university when you did not graduate from that university.

shocked shocked shocked
Nji wa? undecided undecided
Re: Dino Melaye Addresses Certificate Scandal: "I Graduated From Harvard, UNIABUJA" by seguno2: 5:48am On Mar 26, 2017
ceaser:
Oh please. Quit being mischievous. Cambridge rather than WAEC was being offered then. Cambridge came out with their statement to verify the authenticity of PMB's claim in contrast to Dino's in which Harvard and LSE has come out to refute his claim. It would have been better for ABU to tow the path of honour befitting a citadel of higher learning and come out with a definitive statement of either rebuttal or confirmation as the case may be, in the manner Harvard and LSE did.

You will help your credibility by providing the statement from Cambridge so we can wonder why Buhari did not simply show that to the court instead of wasting our tax money on 30 SAN lawyers and bribing the judge.
Please do not tarry.
Re: Dino Melaye Addresses Certificate Scandal: "I Graduated From Harvard, UNIABUJA" by Daboomb: 8:12am On Mar 26, 2017

When our correspondent called the ABU Public Relations Officer , Mr . Adamu Mohammed , about 8 pm on Saturday to find out why the senator’ s name was not on the alumni website, his line rang out . On the second trial , the line was switched off .```````````````````

A text message also sent to his mobile line on the matter had yet to be replied to as of press time .

When SUNDAY PUNCH contacted the President , ABU Alumni Association, Prof . Ahmed Tijanni - Mora , he said only the university could confirm if Melaye graduated from the institution .
He said , “ The registrars of universities are in the best position to provide information about who attended their universities or not . ”

Last week , ABU ’ s spokesman, Mohammed , when contacted by The PUNCH promised that the institution would come out with its position on Wednesday , which it failed to do as of the time of filing this report .
Saturday PUNCH ’ s March 25 edition had obtained a document which revealed that the senator got a statement of result with the logo of ABU .

Last week , ABU ’ s spokesman, Mohammed , when contacted by The PUNCH promised that the institution would come out with its position on Wednesday , which it failed to do as of the time of filing this report .
Saturday PUNCH ’ s March 25 edition had obtained a document which revealed that the senator got a statement of result with the logo of ABU .

The statement of result read , “This is to certify that Daniel Jonah Melaye having completed an approved course of study and passed the prescribed examinations as , under the authority of the Senate been awarded the Bachelor of Arts (Geography ) with Third Class honours . ”
The statement , issued by the Office of the Registrar , Academic Office , was dated February 3 , 2000 , and signed by B . B . Mshelthlila .

It was , however , observed that while the statement of result had the name “ Daniel Jonah MELAYE ”, the senator’ s National Youth Service Corps discharge certificate , which was issued on July 8 , 2001 , read “ Melaye Daniel ;” his diploma certificate issued by the University of Jos on August 3 , 2006 read “Daniel Dino Melaye ”, and his Senior School Certificate in 1992 read ‘ Melaiye Daniel Jonah O ’ with Melaye being wrongly spelt .

Similarly , the University of Abuja, which Melaye claimed he had also attended , refused to comment on whether the senator obtained a master ’ s degree from the institution .

The Vice Chancellor of UNIABUJA , Prof . Michael Adikwu , responding to an inquiry by one of our correspondents on Saturday , said , “ Issues of certificates should be directed to the registry . I heard that (allegation against Dino Melaye) also , but I will find out later . ”

http://punchng.com/dino-melayes-name-missing-from-abu-alumni-website/

Corruption is so entrenched in the Nigerian system that even those who are supposed to speak-out are either afraid or complicit `in the criminality!

Any School with a reputation to protect, like Harvard and London School of Economics, will not wait a whole week to confirm whether truly or not, someone is a graduate of such school.

It appears that the Registrars of Ahmadu Bello University are are criminally complicit in this Certificate saga.
The Govt or COurts should be ready to sanction ANY Registrar who cannot make a simple verification of whether someone graduated from their School or not. Why are they Registrars, if they cannot keep and maintain a simple Register of Graduands?

By keeping quiet and dodging the question, these Registrars (Uni Abuja and ABU) are devaluing the Certificate of those who actually laboured and graduated from that University because in this internet age, it will become known outside Nigeria, far and wide world-over, that University of Abuja and Ahmadu Bello University is UNABLE to ascertain who graduated from their institutions and therefore, ANYONE could be parading him/herself as a graduand of such institutions with the implication that such Certificates, being incapable of being authenticated (deliberately or otherwise) by the awarding institutions, has become UNVERIFIABLE RENDERED VALUELESS.

The Registrars of these institutions must save its dilligents Alumni the shame of embarrassment it is foisting on their hard-earned Degrees.
The Registrars of Uni Abuja and Ahmadu Bello University cannot and should not just because of trying to protect a fraud called Daniel Jonah Melaye (or whatever combination of fake names he uses), sacrifice the integrity of the school as a whole, the certificate of other dilligent graduands and indeed the Educational System of the country, in the eyes of the world.

We must stop this habit of protecting criminals at all cost.......... or is it a case of "Criminals protecting Criminals"?
Re: Dino Melaye Addresses Certificate Scandal: "I Graduated From Harvard, UNIABUJA" by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 26, 2017
seguno2:

He who comes into equity must come with clean hands.

Newt Gingrich and other accusers of Bill Clinton had to resign when it was discovered that they were more filthy than the person whom they were trying to impeach.

You are idealistic but wrong. This is a country that must root out corruption wherever it finds it. If a person is found carrying the ebola virus, you don't let him continue walking around while you search for the index case.
Re: Dino Melaye Addresses Certificate Scandal: "I Graduated From Harvard, UNIABUJA" by seguno2: 10:09am On Mar 26, 2017
greenpasture:
You are idealistic but wrong. This is a country that must root out corruption wherever it finds it. If a person is found carrying the ebola virus, you don't let him continue walking around while you search for the index case.

Can the index case treat the Ebola patient?
Again, he who comes into equity must come with clean hands.
Re: Dino Melaye Addresses Certificate Scandal: "I Graduated From Harvard, UNIABUJA" by Nobody: 10:21am On Mar 26, 2017
seguno2:

Can the index case treat the Ebola patient?
Again, he who comes into equity must come with clean hands.

I am afraid I can't help you more than this. Time will do the rest.
Re: Dino Melaye Addresses Certificate Scandal: "I Graduated From Harvard, UNIABUJA" by Eleponblue(m): 10:43am On Mar 26, 2017
Chai!!!! See finishing!!!!!! cry
uote author=CplusJason post=54922230] What will you call your lord and saviour buhari then?

"A legendary criminal"

[/quote]
Re: Dino Melaye Addresses Certificate Scandal: "I Graduated From Harvard, UNIABUJA" by fruitsville: 11:07am On Mar 26, 2017
This ANIMAL has No SHAME!!!!! Well its not his FAULT! Nigeria is a SHIT HOLE!!!!!!!
Re: Dino Melaye Addresses Certificate Scandal: "I Graduated From Harvard, UNIABUJA" by bamasite(m): 12:09pm On Mar 26, 2017
wetin we no go see and hear?

Abeg make we attend glo lafta fest for free jaree
http://successsecrets01..com/2017/03/how-to-attend-glo-lafta-fest-16th-april.html

Re: Dino Melaye Addresses Certificate Scandal: "I Graduated From Harvard, UNIABUJA" by Nobody: 12:38pm On Mar 26, 2017
gaddafe:

what has Buhari not having a certificate got to do with the trash you typed there? Abi I look like Kanu supporter? If you see any of my post where I have supported Igbo or Biafra point it out. Buhari does not have a certificate. Simple! Dino Melaye should be left alone

See your life! Was this typed by a human being?
Re: Dino Melaye Addresses Certificate Scandal: "I Graduated From Harvard, UNIABUJA" by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 26, 2017
HAH:
you can help your self by checking my history here, kindly heed to my advice, this attitude will not help you in life

I am sure you are a teenager hiding behind tecno phone. It is unfortunate what Chinese has caused by producing tecno phones
Re: Dino Melaye Addresses Certificate Scandal: "I Graduated From Harvard, UNIABUJA" by Nobody: 12:41pm On Mar 26, 2017
Gassa007:

I don't have time to waste on ignoramus, go to front page and look for where this issue was addressed, stating ABU offered BA in geography before Baba.

Stop displaying your steupiditty in the public.
Re: Dino Melaye Addresses Certificate Scandal: "I Graduated From Harvard, UNIABUJA" by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 26, 2017
HAH:
NDA started awarding degrees from 1985 and there first degree holder were those passed out 1990. The certificat certificat awarded before 1990 was equivalen to OND, they are admitted into 200L with it, i had about 5 officer at major rank that joined us back in 1993.

By the way Buhari never attended NDA NDA was established in 1965 when Buhari was already a lietenant Buhari attended the British royal military training centre for h course

Fflatie
Stop lying! Instead you should go and meet your hero caged in the zoo grin
Re: Dino Melaye Addresses Certificate Scandal: "I Graduated From Harvard, UNIABUJA" by iaatmguy(m): 9:09pm On Mar 26, 2017
CplusJason:
What will you call your lord and saviour buhari then?

"A legendary criminal"

of course buhari wrote ssce. Don't always believe in propaganda
Re: Dino Melaye Addresses Certificate Scandal: "I Graduated From Harvard, UNIABUJA" by ceaser: 12:40am On Jun 02, 2017
seguno2:

You will help your credibility by providing the statement from Cambridge so we can wonder why Buhari did not simply show that to the court instead of wasting our tax money on 30 SAN lawyers and bribing the judge.
Please do not tarry.

Sorry I'm replying after quite some time. Just got to read your reply. So, here goes. Check out the attached pictures. But if still in doubt, here's a link:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/175777-cambridge-university-provides-details-buharis-wasc-results.html

Knock yourself out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'see How Atiku Locked Down Nasarawa, Buhari’s Stronghold' - Dele Momodu / Raymond Dokpesi Escapes Assassination In Abuja (Photos) / Emmanuel Udom Receives Buhari, Oshiomhole In Uyo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.