Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,081 members, 7,957,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:22 AM

Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East (5060 Views)

Buhari; A Victim Of Propaganda And Religious Bigotry / Our Achievements Are Real, Not Propaganda And Lies – Buhari / Press Release: Our Concrete Achievements Not Propaganda And Lies - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by thugcheetahh: 12:49pm On Mar 25, 2017
IpobExposed:

We are busy here o. Will upload a pic in sambisa tomorrow secretly
I don't get
Are u a soldier? undecided
Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by thugcheetahh: 12:50pm On Mar 25, 2017
PetroleumJelly:
smiley
guy wtf na
Bleep u
Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by Nobody: 1:39pm On Mar 25, 2017
Who tha fuvck is posting those shiit images. Niga take 'em down! Disgusting angry

1 Like

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by jmoore(m): 2:01pm On Mar 25, 2017
Whoever wrote this article and those that appreciate the article are lacking one thing. A useful brain.

7 Likes

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by otitokoroleti: 2:03pm On Mar 25, 2017
maclatunji:
[s]Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina has started a battle of sorts without realizing it. You see he wrote an article titled: PMB’s health: Gloating is of no value published in Premium Times. A friend and colleague who had been so disturbed by the same hateful messages that Mr. Adesina referred to in his article shared the link in WhatsApp groups we manage and to his utter shock still got people that said President Buhari that we have now is actually ‘a clone’. Yes, some people suggested this. My friend being a passionate person felt he needed to leave a group he is an administrator of just because of this. But that is not my style, I responded to these people with the following:

I am afraid at the degree of propaganda, ignorance and hate that young people from Eastern Nigeria in particular are feeding themselves with. If there is a major criticism I have of this government, it is that it is not doing enough to counter it.

It is all over social media and conventional media. There is hardly any Nigerian that lives in a city that does not have Igbo friends that they respect, probably admire and learn from.

However, if a large enough number of people that claim to be Igbo especially the youth insist on being obnoxious and offensive to the point of odioum, you risk compounding whatever problems you think you have in Nigeria.

Let me guess, you say: ‘give us Biafra’. Please, the Anambra man does not love the Abia or Imo man. Most of you want to treat Ebonyi people with scorn. Your problem is not a lack of Biafra or being in Nigeria, it is a lack of good social etiquette, political acumen and unwillingness to cooperate with others.

There are many Igbo people fed-up with this kind of behaviour of some of their kinsmen but they are afraid of being attacked by a blind set of marauders feeding on hate.

It is time Igbo people with enlightenment, elegance and distinction takeover the discussion on the progress and future of the Igbo. What we have right now are Charlatans and inept thinkers.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/hate-propaganda-future-east/[/s]
Yoruba Muslim!!! please ran aso re ni ibi ti o ti ya!!!

What's your own concern about the Igbo?

11 Likes

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by Dedetwo(m): 2:10pm On Mar 25, 2017
maclatunji:
Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina has started a battle of sorts without realizing it. You see he wrote an article titled: PMB’s health: Gloating is of no value published in Premium Times. A friend and colleague who had been so disturbed by the same hateful messages that Mr. Adesina referred to in his article shared the link in WhatsApp groups we manage and to his utter shock still got people that said President Buhari that we have now is actually ‘a clone’. Yes, some people suggested this. My friend being a passionate person felt he needed to leave a group he is an administrator of just because of this. But that is not my style, I responded to these people with the following:

I am afraid at the degree of propaganda, ignorance and hate that young people from Eastern Nigeria in particular are feeding themselves with. If there is a major criticism I have of this government, it is that it is not doing enough to counter it.

It is all over social media and conventional media. There is hardly any Nigerian that lives in a city that does not have Igbo friends that they respect, probably admire and learn from.

However, if a large enough number of people that claim to be Igbo especially the youth insist on being obnoxious and offensive to the point of odioum, you risk compounding whatever problems you think you have in Nigeria.

Let me guess, you say: ‘give us Biafra’. Please, the Anambra man does not love the Abia or Imo man. Most of you want to treat Ebonyi people with scorn. Your problem is not a lack of Biafra or being in Nigeria, it is a lack of good social etiquette, political acumen and unwillingness to cooperate with others.

There are many Igbo people fed-up with this kind of behaviour of some of their kinsmen but they are afraid of being attacked by a blind set of marauders feeding on hate.

It is time Igbo people with enlightenment, elegance and distinction takeover the discussion on the progress and future of the Igbo. What we have right now are Charlatans and inept thinkers.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/hate-propaganda-future-east/

How could anybody with stream of thought in above bolded statement enjoy an inch of a place in the Muhammadu Buhari's government? No wonder the present federal government of Nigeria will go down in history as the dumbest assembled men and women ever to lead a country.

Besides Ndigbo had sued for secession from Nigeria decades ago. The current agitation for self determination by IPOB or MASSOB is not new. What better gift can anybody give to Ndigbo than allow them to form a country apart from the zoo called Nigeria so they can enjoy their internal hatred?

I had rather live in country where people hate without butchering each other than live in country where people pretend to love each another and butcher them on a slightest provocation.

13 Likes

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by Feraz(m): 2:12pm On Mar 25, 2017
Platteon, come and hold your guy.... angry

All of a sudden, everyone has an opinion about Igbos. Tunji, what is with this your obsession about Igbos? How many times have you written articles about the killings going on in Benue/SK or the recent clashes in Ife? Have you asked yourself why Yar'Adua wasn't this 'hated' even when the current president is from the same state with him and practice the same religion?

Amarabae:
TRASH
you people have been circulating this lies for long, Can you give me one example to show that Anambra don't like Abia?
Ile-ife and Modakeke people fought and killed each other for years but alas other tribe don't love themselves only you people.
And you talk about hate, yet a south western doctor ordered for the massacre of Igbos in 2015, or have you forgotten the hate speech of your oba of lagos etc is that not hate.
I hate hypocrisy, take your junk writeup and eat it. Stop these silly obsession about Igbos. Thanks
As in, the whole thing is tiring. These are the same people that will taunt the Igbos with the pictures of the starving children during the war and threaten them with more genocide should they decide to secede. They've forgotten the kind of utterances which came from their Obas pre-election. Yet, the oaf talks about hate?

9 Likes

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by Ngozi123(f): 2:13pm On Mar 25, 2017
maclatunji:
Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina has started a battle of sorts without realizing it. You see he wrote an article titled: PMB’s health: Gloating is of no value published in Premium Times. A friend and colleague who had been so disturbed by the same hateful messages that Mr. Adesina referred to in his article shared the link in WhatsApp groups we manage and to his utter shock still got people that said President Buhari that we have now is actually ‘a clone’. Yes, some people suggested this. My friend being a passionate person felt he needed to leave a group he is an administrator of just because of this. But that is not my style, I responded to these people with the following:

What a baseless generalisation! Stop thinking about Igbo people and focus on your own people- or do they not have any problems? Are the Igbos now more important than your own people?

I cannot understand how someone can ignore his own people's problems and instead go on to focus on other people as if those people can't speak for themselves.

11 Likes

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by Masterclass32: 2:55pm On Mar 25, 2017
Unmitigated nonsense.

Don't know where these people always get this ''Igbo hate themselves'' bull crap. How many times have you heard us massacre ourselves? On the contrary, we are known to help each other. Its an Igbo man that will take a boy from the village that is not related to him, train and settle him in business. Sometimes pay their school fees up to tertiary level.

That we argue once in a while is not to be interpreted as hate. Every family does that.

We believe in ''Igwe bu ike'' - strength in unity.

Meanwhile, Igbo bu ofu.

12 Likes

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by Ngozi123(f): 3:03pm On Mar 25, 2017
Masterclass32:
Unmitigated nonsense.

Don't know where these people always get this ''Igbo hate themselves'' bull crap. How many times have you heard us massacre ourselves? On the contrary, we are know to help ourselves. Its an Igbo man that will take a boy from the village that is not related to him, train and settle him in business. Sometimes pay their school fees up to tertiary level.

That we argue once in a while is not to be interpreted as hate. Every family does that.

We believe in ''Igwe bu ike'' - strength in unity.

Meanwhile, Igbo bu ofu.

Exactly. If they believe that some Igbo people having disagreements with each other is hatred then what do they call what happened in Ile Ife recently or what the Fulani Herdsmen having been doing all over the country? If the Igbos 'hate' each other then the other tribes in Nigeria must've already declared war on themselves. The op must realise that if he claims that Biafra will fail because of the 'hatred' its citizens have for each other then he's admitting that Nigeria is already a massive failure for the very same reason undecided.

11 Likes

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by Masterclass32: 3:17pm On Mar 25, 2017
Ngozi123:

Exactly. If they believe that some Igbo people having disagreements with each other is hatred then what do they call what happened in Ile Ife recently or what the Fulani Herdsmen having been doing all over the country? If the Igbos 'hate' each other then the other tribes in Nigeria must've already declared war on themselves. The op must realise that if he claims that Biafra will fail because of the 'hatred' its citizens have for each other then he's admitting that Nigeria is already a massive failure for the very same reason undecided.

The Ile Ife incident was a 'Love Fiesta'. A real exposition on how to show love.

No mind them, my sister.

9 Likes

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by MaziOmenuko: 3:25pm On Mar 25, 2017
maclatunji:

The article does not indict all Igbos, read and comprehend.

Whichever way you chose to apply your comprehension skills: your heading indicates the east and much of your write up does.

4 Likes

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by tifany89(m): 3:31pm On Mar 25, 2017
Jj
maclatunji:

But Igbos weren't the ones dat went on rampage butchering fellow citizens, maiming and destroying properties n all so wat exactly is ur point? Nigga u v made no sense with this your write up even claiming Igbos don't love themselves, dat is the most stupid thing I v heard in my life coz I v never come across any other tribe that takes pride in the success of one of its own like the Igbos. You made mention of compounding d problems we v in Nigeria and I ask what more can u lots do? Butcher us d way u did ur hausa neighbours in ile ife? Will love to see u try nonsense. Any idiot with a phone n small mb now thinks he has an opinion on Igbos. Rubbish. U people sleep, eat, n dream Igbos n we don't even care about ur goddamn existence or how many times do u see Igbos here creating unnecessary thread about you guys? It always have to be u guys drawing the first blood n wen we reply you with the same hate u dish out, u begin to cry blue murder. Plz act ur age n stop creating unnecessary threads. Most of ur mates are using their time for productive ventures. We r making money n gat no time for bullshits. Peace out

8 Likes

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by tifany89(m): 3:39pm On Mar 25, 2017
IpobExposed:

IPOB is a terrorist group. Whether u have an opinion or not
Shut the Bleep up dude, this ur rubbish is stale n it's beginning to irritate. The article made mention of Igbo as a people not Ipob or any other group except u want to call Igbos terrorist now. Grow some sense so u can be able to leave ur squalid condition. Of all the issues bedevilling this country am surprised any sane human being will want to kill himself over a group that cares less about ur miserable existence. Dumbass

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by Bridget95(f): 3:46pm On Mar 25, 2017
kropotkin2:
This is true. Just go through the majority of social media sites and you will see most of the hate speech that goes on there comes mainly from people of south eastern origin. This is particularly dangerous as it is influencing the opinions of a lot of young Nigerians towards the Igbos in a negative way.
what you see on social media is a result of the perceived hate by other ethnic groups towards the Easterners. for year the east has received hate back to back and now they are fed up.The result is what you see.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by achi4u(m): 4:21pm On Mar 25, 2017
Truly, yorubas like us more than we like our selves.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by Feraz(m): 4:24pm On Mar 25, 2017
Ngozi123:

What a baseless generalisation! Stop thinking about Igbo people and focus on your own people- or do they not have any problems? Are the Igbos now more important than your own people?

I cannot understand how someone can ignore his own people's problems and instead go on to focus on other people as if those people can't speak for themselves.
You know the annoying thing about this whole thing, they always bring up the stale talk about how Anambra people treat Ebonyi people or how this SErn state hate another....they forget that Igbos, irrespective of where you come from in SE, criticize their governors harshly... We saw it with Anambra and Mbadinuju, Abia and T.A. Orji, Ebonyi and Martins Elechi and now, Imo and 'Rochas' so what's with the rubbish comparison among them? How many times have they heard of Nnewi clashing with Amichi or Nsukka clashing with its neighbors? Yet, they spill drivel....

Bunch of retarded humans.....

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by Nobody: 4:57pm On Mar 25, 2017
I so much envy igbo people...what a tribe!!!!!. If they are not talking about them...they gat no talk...... Igbos keeps stealing the show..... cheesy

seun thank the igbos for making you rich, without igbo"s topics on nairaland...there won"t be no trafic..... wink

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by maclatunji: 5:18pm On Mar 25, 2017
Cooly100:

OP, if you can answer these questions honestly...put yourself in the position of the easterners...then we can come to some form of agreement!!

Yoruba: Under what conditions would you support “One Nigeria” and let go of the Biafra agitation and let it die down, finally laid to rest for good?

Biafra agitator: Close down Lagos ports and open up Port Harcourt, Calabar, Onitsha and Warri ports.

• Cancel all direct and major connecting flights to Lagos and Abuja airports, allowing only local connecting flights. While this is being done, open up Enugu, Owerri, Asaba, Uyo and Port Harcourt to direct international and major connecting flights.

• Ask all international and diplomatic missions to move their embassies and consulates from Lagos, Kano and Abuja to Enugu, Port Harcourt and Calabar.

• All Federal Government agencies in Lagos and Abuja shall be relocated to Enugu, Port Harcourt and Calabar. Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), etc., shall and must relocate to Port Harcourt, Calabar and Enugu.
• All multinational companies in Lagos and Abuja, shall and must relocate their offices to Port Harcourt, Calabar and Enugu.
• All oil companies must relocate their head offices to Port Harcourt, as the oil capital of Nigeria.
• Let the northern children gain admission into federal schools with 300 score points while the South-East children should gain admission with only 20 score points.
• Let all federal road projects in the North/South-West be handled by one local company and the one in the South-East/South-South be handled by Julius Berger and foreign construction companies.
If these conditions can be fulfilled and implemented for 50 years, we can try one Nigeria and let’s see if you the North and South-West will like it for a month…

• Also, Yoruba and Hausa needing to get international visas shall travel to Port Harcourt, Calabar or Enugu to do that. Same with flying or connecting flights; with shipping and importing their goods, etc.
Yoruba: You can’t be serious, this is wickedness…
Biafra agitator: Really? Don’t you think the south-eastern part of Nigeria has been suffering and enduring this very same wickedness for over 50 years?
Yoruba (quiet for a few seconds): Wow, you are right but it never occurred to me…

Development evolves, if you are not smart enough to engineer it, do not whine.

2 Likes

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by maclatunji: 5:21pm On Mar 25, 2017
tifany89:
Jj
But Igbos weren't the ones dat went on rampage butchering fellow citizens, maiming and destroying properties n all so wat exactly is ur point? Nigga u v made no sense with this your write up even claiming Igbos don't love themselves, dat is the most stupid thing I v heard in my life coz I v never come across any other tribe that takes pride in the success of one of its own like the Igbos. You made mention of compounding d problems we v in Nigeria and I ask what more can u lots do? Butcher us d way u did ur hausa neighbours in ile ife? Will love to see u try nonsense. Any idiot with a phone n small mb now thinks he has an opinion on Igbos. Rubbish. U people sleep, eat, n dream Igbos n we don't even care about ur goddamn existence or how many times do u see Igbos here creating unnecessary thread about you guys? It always have to be u guys drawing the first blood n wen we reply you with the same hate u dish out, u begin to cry blue murder. Plz act ur age n stop creating unnecessary threads. Most of ur mates are using their time for productive ventures. We r making money n gat no time for bullshits. Peace out

If you were so caring about this issue, you should have created a thread for it not seek to derail this one.
Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by unstableaswater: 5:25pm On Mar 25, 2017
DocHMD:
Anambra man hate Abia bla bla bla...

Does nigeria love themselves, are yorubas and hausa not killing themselves in Ife, Are hausas not killing southerners?

How many Efik have killed Igbos, How many Imo have killed Abia. Anytime these cognitively paralyzed muslim anti-Biafrans give this 'hollow excuse as a pre-cursor to the future failure of Biafra', they are amazingly oblivous of how daft and moronic they sound.

Thugcheetahh and Afonjaheadhunt do you concur with your yoruba muslim brother? grin

There intention is to divide igbos and wat is really funny is that i dont know wat gave them the idea that it is possible to divide igbos.
Anambra and Imo are very good brothers and like brothers atimes they want to misbehave.
Can we say P Square brothers hate each other becos as brothers they misbehave?
Yorubas remove eye from another man house.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by Nobody: 5:57pm On Mar 25, 2017
Bridget95:
what you see on social media is a result of the perceived hate by other ethnic groups towards the Easterners. for year the east has received hate back to back and now they are fed up.The result is what you see.
I don't believe in stereotypes and i don't engage in tribal slurs in the internet, what i observed is what i reported. A lot of young non eastern Nigerians perceive igbos in social media are insultive and rude, especially when the issue of Biafra comes up. My personal observation
Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by AK481(m): 6:10pm On Mar 25, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
Maclatunji, if I write about your religion the way you just wrote a generalised article about the East with intent to slight, you will start fuming with raw anger, angst and violence.

Try to implore decorum, whether you are quoting an article or writing one.

He will behead u.
His Koran say he should not kill "innocent" people.
I am a Igbo man and this tunji guy has just insulted me

8 Likes

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by nku5: 6:16pm On Mar 25, 2017
"The poor adesina, like a tomato struggling for self expression" - Hon Patrick Obahiagbon"

Femi Adesina is going mad over Aso Rock free food powered by oil from the east and talking nonsense like an overfed palace clown.

With all the killings by herdsmen and gunmen and inter ethnic violence its Igbo ppl that is his priority.

Small sense e no get again

5 Likes

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by Bridget95(f): 7:19pm On Mar 25, 2017
kropotkin2:
I don't believe in stereotypes and i don't engage in tribal slurs in the internet, what i observed is what i reported. A lot of young non eastern Nigerians perceive igbos in social media are insultive and rude, especially when the issue of Biafra comes up. My personal observation
when you attack what they believe they should have, you don't expect them to be happy.

when you look at the issue of Fulani herdsmen killing hundreds of Christians in Kaduna,Enugu, Abia,Benue ,Delta,Ogun,Ekiti etc and supported by the Nigerian security forces and the presidency, you begin to see reasons with IPOB that jihad is here in Nigeria.

IPOB sees it that death ,destruction and enslavement is all over us but the naive and ignorant keeps attacking IPOB online hence the backlash.

How do you explain the arrest and detention of vigilante and community youths who arrested deadly Fulani herdsmen in Enugu and Benue states ?

7 Likes

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by GENTLENNAJI(m): 7:39pm On Mar 25, 2017
Igbo this, Igbo that if them no talk about u, u are nobody thank God i'm igbo

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

More Evidence Links Offa Robbery Suspects With Saraki – Police / Three Abducted INEC Ad-hoc Staff In Katsina Regain Freedom / Check Out Senator Abaribe Reply To Elrufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.