Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,746 members, 7,820,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Nigeria Loses As US Oil Attracts More Buyers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Loses As US Oil Attracts More Buyers (16708 Views)

Amaechi Loses As Court Declares Igo Aguma From Rival Faction Rivers APC Chairman / Miyetti Allah Kicks As Fulani Radio Attracts More Reactions / Sheriff Loses As Supreme Court Affirms Ahmed Makarfi As Authentic PDP Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Loses As US Oil Attracts More Buyers by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 30, 2017
chai! its almost like these Americans just want to be in control of everything. Business, entertainment, showbiz, technology, military, economy, even Olympic gold medals. but they can never be good at Football or produce world class talents. its truly a beautiful game grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses As US Oil Attracts More Buyers by harmonizo: 11:06am On Mar 30, 2017
Buhari is working...Nonsense administration.....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Loses As US Oil Attracts More Buyers by Waspy(m): 11:07am On Mar 30, 2017
This USA sef undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Loses As US Oil Attracts More Buyers by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 11:07am On Mar 30, 2017
NextGovernor:
So Nigeria is finally useless in everything?

E don tay. No be today

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses As US Oil Attracts More Buyers by Abudu2000(m): 11:08am On Mar 30, 2017
When is the rally against buhari going to hold please?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses As US Oil Attracts More Buyers by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 30, 2017
This report is talking about 2015 & 2016? undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Loses As US Oil Attracts More Buyers by Tmex(m): 11:12am On Mar 30, 2017
profedet:
Guys this is a belated info, please check the dates (2015) and (2016). Today is the 30th of March 2017, I seem to to see how current real time macroeconomic dynamics relate with this stale information, except it was brought up to create unnecessary fear.
Exactly o, all the dates on that publication doesnt have anything to do with recent trends and most importantly china is the major buyer of the nigerian crude oil at the moment, this news is vagued and doesnt correlate with current happenings. I know some people will begin their business of hoarding the dollars now( na u go tire).

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses As US Oil Attracts More Buyers by EnkayDezign: 11:13am On Mar 30, 2017
Waspy:
This USA sef undecided

Asin ehn. Dem wan dull our little shine undecided
Re: Nigeria Loses As US Oil Attracts More Buyers by yemzzy22(m): 11:13am On Mar 30, 2017
Bubu time to change focus to agriculture grin
Re: Nigeria Loses As US Oil Attracts More Buyers by manchester1: 11:16am On Mar 30, 2017
lampard01:
Abeg how this one take affect price of tramadol ?
it does because tramadol will be expensive now

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Loses As US Oil Attracts More Buyers by khalids: 11:20am On Mar 30, 2017
CC:Lalsticlala

What was the essence of moving this to front page....this topic creates a false sense of the present economic dynamics, as the heading is totally miss leading for 2017

The news is stale...it would have made sense if it went to front page last year 2016...
Re: Nigeria Loses As US Oil Attracts More Buyers by Viking007(m): 11:23am On Mar 30, 2017
hucienda:
"I will be the greatest jobs president that God ever created." - President Trump
A President that knows what he wants. A President with a target.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses As US Oil Attracts More Buyers by discusant: 11:24am On Mar 30, 2017
NextGovernor:

That's the price northern Nigeria which refused fiscal federalism makes all of us pay in Nigeria.

With fiscal federalism, there shouldn't have been Niger delta militants.

There shouldn't have been Boko Haram if Nigeria practices fiscal federalism.

With fiscal federalism and ensuing peaceful atmosphere in Nigeria, countries wouldn't have been abandoning doing business with Nigeria.

Northern Nigeria holds every body in Nigeria at the jugular.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses As US Oil Attracts More Buyers by majour(m): 11:24am On Mar 30, 2017
chidesco2:
chai! its almost like these Americans just want to be in control of everything. Business, entertainment, showbiz, technology, military, economy, even Olympic gold medals. but they can never be good at Football or produce world class talents. its truly a beautiful game grin
They have their own football, most don't value the Chelsea and barca craze, some.hardly even know who the champions are, but tell them.about Superbowl and they go wild, its a country that has sustained greatness by buying greatness from.all.around the world and developing it while we throw.our own treasures away

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Loses As US Oil Attracts More Buyers by aloeman15(m): 11:26am On Mar 30, 2017
But does it matter of they quoted festac 77?
The indices are even worse now.
And the end of the report quoted predictions for may this year.

The questions we should be asking are about the so called diversification and industrialization timelines.
Look, buhari, kemi and emefiele are just waiting for dangote.

Imagine the idiocy of providing dollars for medical and educational tourism!
Over 2billion dollars so far?!?
Yet you want to borrow $6 billion for rail?!

Anyone who, 2 years into a govt, can't quote goals, policies, costs and turnkey dates - but still believes in fairytales of prosperity:
Such a person is a fool.
Sorry to say.
Tmex:
Exactly o, all the dates on that publication doesnt have anything to do with recent trends and most importantly china is the major buyer of the nigerian crude oil at the moment, this news is vagued and doesnt correlate with current happenings. I know some people will begin their business of hoarding the dollars now( na u go tire).

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Loses As US Oil Attracts More Buyers by burkingx(f): 11:26am On Mar 30, 2017
lampard01:
.... wink

Re: Nigeria Loses As US Oil Attracts More Buyers by CONFAMA: 11:28am On Mar 30, 2017
lampard01:

Bro how you dey take am jare...

E be like say 100mg no wan catch me again...
Re: Nigeria Loses As US Oil Attracts More Buyers by ttmacoy: 11:28am On Mar 30, 2017
Has nothing to do with Trump.

America already invested in being oil dependent and they achieved this during Obama's era via Shale oil. Production dropped when the oil price crashed after the price war with OPEC and now prices are rising again many of the drilling wells who suspended production have started ramping back up.

Simply a market driven response to higher oil prices.

Fabulosdave01:
All because of trump and his America first rhetoric
Re: Nigeria Loses As US Oil Attracts More Buyers by okechuks22: 11:31am On Mar 30, 2017
NextGovernor:
Nigeria is not useless but there leaders are
Re: Nigeria Loses As US Oil Attracts More Buyers by wristbangle: 11:31am On Mar 30, 2017
profedet:
Guys this is a belated info, please check the dates (2015) and (2016). Today is the 30th of March 2017, I seem to to see how current real time macroeconomic dynamics relate with this stale information, except it was brought up to create unnecessary fear.

Thank you bro
Re: Nigeria Loses As US Oil Attracts More Buyers by sweetgala(m): 11:32am On Mar 30, 2017
AnyibestDede:
This is a market we dnt hv control over, what we should be thinking of now as a country is to try and make our refineries to start working. If the govt cnt do it alone then let them do it the way they did it in our telecomication sector, almost everybody hv a phone now. That wouldn't hv been poosible if we are sit opperating NITEL. Give the refineries out to businees minded people to build and opperate and u see how things will turn around. Its better 4 us to be exporting fuel to other African countries than over relying on exportation of crude

I agreed with privatisation , however it must be done with care and transparency.

See the results of the privatisation and deregulation of the power sector where company and individuals who had no experience in that sector , had no capital or capacity to develop the sector got the different units PHCN and have not improved anything

It's the FG that is now bailing them out, organising investment etc
Re: Nigeria Loses As US Oil Attracts More Buyers by Nobody: 11:35am On Mar 30, 2017
majour:
They have their own football, most don't value the Chelsea and barca craze, some.hardly even know who the champions are, but tell them.about Superbowl and they go wild, its a country that has sustained greatness by buying greatness from.all.around the world and developing it while we throw.our own treasures away
its a known fact that no one plays american football like the americans, but i can guess they pretty much ignored world football because they arent good at it. they think money can buy talent(well maybe in clubs)but national teams? Give me a break, they are wired to love physically intense sports that require body buildin and height and shii.between american football and basketball and baseball An average american athlete is 6" .guess theres no room for people like messi and dybala.
Im jux glad they have that deficiency in the sport. Brings a kind of equilibrium.
Re: Nigeria Loses As US Oil Attracts More Buyers by motherfucker: 11:36am On Mar 30, 2017
knuckbuck:

Yes ExxonMobil did and they are in the process of trying to buy out BP. They are still negotiating though. I very much doubt if they will buy out BP completely. They may buy out some of their interests but not all of them.
British Petroleum is too big for them to buy all. I wish them good luck though.
Re: Nigeria Loses As US Oil Attracts More Buyers by GreatMahmud: 11:36am On Mar 30, 2017
Watch how naira will start depreciating again against d dollar in the coming days and weeks!!!
Re: Nigeria Loses As US Oil Attracts More Buyers by profedet: 11:36am On Mar 30, 2017
khalids:
CC:Lalsticlala

What was the essence of moving this to front page....this topic creates a false sense of the present economic dynamics, as the heading is totally miss leading for 2017

The news is stale...it would have made sense if it went to front page last year 2016...

Exactly my point as stated earlier, this post is purely aimed at sabotaging the efforts of the government by making a mess of its achievement, and in my opinion it is treasonable.

Seun either remove this post from frontpage or stop the post entirely before it gets out of hand.

Seun: Take note

Moderator: Take note.
Re: Nigeria Loses As US Oil Attracts More Buyers by lampard01(m): 11:37am On Mar 30, 2017
CONFAMA:

Bro how you dey take am jare...

E be like say 100mg no wan catch me again...

Just increase to like 200 mg one tab

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Loses As US Oil Attracts More Buyers by AnyibestDede(m): 11:37am On Mar 30, 2017
sweetgala:

I agreed with privatisation , however it must be done with care and transparency.

See the results of the privatisation and deregulation of the power sector where company and individuals who had no experience in that sector , had no capital or capacity to develop the sector got the different units PHCN and have not improved anything

It's the FG that is now bailing them out, organising investment etc
Thats the reason i said business minded people not to their cronies, friends and familes just as in the power sector

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Loses As US Oil Attracts More Buyers by thunderbabs: 11:40am On Mar 30, 2017
Buhaaaaaaaaari.....$1 = N1

You re mouth-ED!!! cheesy
Re: Nigeria Loses As US Oil Attracts More Buyers by 2tips: 11:41am On Mar 30, 2017
Give us steady light and portable water you this pot bellied thieves.....Nigeria can't be poor with that.
Re: Nigeria Loses As US Oil Attracts More Buyers by LAUWALI222(m): 11:41am On Mar 30, 2017
maxiuc:
Everytime buhari enters government one bad thing or the other must happen

th

this is no wailers stuff
let the truth be spoken
buhari is a badluck to Nigeria nd west Afrcan as a whole

Zombie bewarned dnt quote me leave me to my opinion
Government is committed to explore agricultural sector especially in north. Oil will be less important to our economy sooon..
Re: Nigeria Loses As US Oil Attracts More Buyers by Kingspin(m): 11:45am On Mar 30, 2017
Very good. If that will make our leaders think well.
Re: Nigeria Loses As US Oil Attracts More Buyers by fmarshal(m): 11:47am On Mar 30, 2017
All these Western countries are hypocrites. They prefer to give AID to Africa and brag about it.
Time to buy oil, they would prefer to buy from the already established US.
The oil US stole would soon finish. When they all return to buy from us, we have to triple the price.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reps Blame NIN Demand For SIM Registration On #endsars / “Because Of Tinubu, The World Now Sees Nigerians As Fraudsters” - Obi / Buhari: We Disappointed Prophets Of Doom In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.