Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,678 members, 7,955,493 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:34 AM

Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 - Science/Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 (76051 Views)

African Nigeria Born Philip Emeagwali Invented The Internet / Meet Philip Emeagwali: Biography Of Father Of Modern Day Internet / The 10 Most Dangerous Waters In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by daremiarchs(m): 7:59am On Apr 02, 2017
Ishilove:

He is indeed very intelligent, but he is a more media hype. He only won it because the people who made a better invention than him, had already won in two other categories (you are not allowed to win in more than two categories).

After claiming he has 'many degrees' it was discovered he has just one Bsc and two Msc. He has successfully touted himself as a Professor, meanwhile he never completed his PhD. He studied for the Phd at the University of Michigan, but he was never granted a degree. The university said that he took too much time to complete his Phd thesis and the quality of work was poor.

He sued them, claiming that they were racist, but he lost the case because the court agreed that the quality of his work was poor and that he had exceeded the time allotted to complete it

It's been discussed several times on Nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/534775/how-philip-emeagwali-lied-way

https://www.nairaland.com/4235/prof-gabriel-oyibo-gagut-theorem#140129

Ishi come spoil the guy show cry

2 Likes

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 02, 2017
Nigerians are hungry for heroes, so they dress a fraud in the robes of a saint. The joke is on them. The world has moved on.

2 Likes

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by aribisala0(m): 8:07am On Apr 02, 2017
EzeCanada:

Google is your friend, but I would help you with a verifiable source:
http://www.wonderslist.com/10-most-intelligent-people/
This a blog ,one of thousands,what makes it a verifiable source

1 Like

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Skubidude(m): 8:18am On Apr 02, 2017
nijascammers:
emegwali that have been proved to be a fraud.The guy never got a Ph.D took University of Michigan to court to force them to award him a Ph.D
A friend of mine just graduated from University of Michigan.
Court case and the denial of degree

"Emeagwali studied for a Ph.D. degree from the University of Michigan from 1987 through 1991. His thesis was not accepted by a committee of internal and external examiners and thus he was not awarded the degree. Emeagwali filed a court challenge, stating that the decision was a violation of his civil rights and that the university had discriminated against him in several ways because of his race. The court challenge was dismissed, as was an appeal to the Michigan state Court of Appeals.[8]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Emeagwali

So? Wat has d trash u type above got to do with anything? Is the post about his academic qualification or you hav a problem wit comprehension?

2 Likes

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Zhirinovsky: 8:36am On Apr 02, 2017
Ben Carson is not an African! He is an american!! I'm talking abt africans.
LastProphet:

ignorance is a terrible disease, i schooled abroad and pls dont say what you just said outside again. Have you heard of the black man called Ben Carson? There are countless others that have excelled academically pls. Anyway the worst thing about the whole thing is even that emiagwali never had any of the achievements he falsely credited to himself by using fake internet campaigns, and he was exposed long since 2009, am surprised anyone will bring back this lie
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Nobody: 8:39am On Apr 02, 2017
Skubidude:

So? Wat has d trash u type above got to do with anything? Is the post about his academic qualification or you hav a problem wit comprehension?
Even at that no legit iq test measure up to 190. So i wonder what test he took and at what age?
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Mbediogu(m): 8:41am On Apr 02, 2017
DirewolfofStark:
You're actually wrong in one detail: The Gordon Bell Prize is not the Nobel prize of computing.
The highest honor given to a computer scientist is the Turing Prize.

Which of them do you have Sir? No insults intended so don't take any yet.
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by aribisala0(m): 8:44am On Apr 02, 2017
Skubidude:

The post is a terrible April fool joke referencing a source called "IGBOBIA"

So I can tell he world;According to Igbobia that Philip dude is very smart" Hmm.........and who do I say is IGBOBIA

Igbobia ko Igboga ni
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Heavance(m): 8:53am On Apr 02, 2017
I am not an Igbo man, or Biafra advocate, but before opening, I knew it had to be this man.
The immature ones should forget badmouthing his tribe, he is a Nigerian..... I dislike what this country has become, but this man's name will make you want to be a Nigerian, though he finds it difficult to come back to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Ishilove: 8:55am On Apr 02, 2017
daremiarchs:

Ishi come spoil the guy show cry
Truth is many times unpleasant

2 Likes

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Jman06(m): 9:07am On Apr 02, 2017
Truth is, most of the people commenting against the man on this thread are yorubas. I've used all the search engines while looking for a reliable news source where Michigan state university came out to describe Emeagwali as fraud, but none. Only Sahara reporters claims the man is fraud, and sahara reporters has severally proven to be an unreliable news source, not with their recent lie that Dino did not graduate from ABU.

The envy is real mehn!

2 Likes

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by DollarAngel(m): 9:17am On Apr 02, 2017
seunmsg:

What's the difference between igbobia.com and gossipmill.com?

Put on your thinking cap for a second, how can these blogs be a credible platform for rating the most intelligent people in the world? If Emeagwali gets to read this thread, he will marvel at the silliness of the OP.

I’d Agree With You But Then We’d Both Be Wrong, it is not authentic cos it's an Igbo man, it would have been if it's Yoruba man.
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by zachanalysis: 9:40am On Apr 02, 2017
DollarAngel:

I feel your pain it natural for one to be jealous, try and celebrate success or achievement when you come across one below is the link if you need to see it yourself you should have know by now that we are

http://www.gossipmill.com/2017/03/top-10-most-intelligent-people-in-the-world-nigerian-man-makes-the-list/
Jealous! You make me laugh. I don't fall into the category of the irrational nairaland tribal cockroaches. I'm more concerned with dissemination of the truth. You want reliable info as it affects such important topic and you hinged your source on ' gossipmill' naija? Man, go get more education!
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by 360command: 9:43am On Apr 02, 2017
Damienmarley:

lol. Dude where did you get this information from? According to this story America has an iq of 86?
All iq tests designed in the US is normed using the american population and use a median of 100 not 86. Are you saying that if I took an iq test in america and score, say, 160 that my iq in a country of mean iq of 100 would be way less than 160?
those are the countries with low average IQ rated at the bottom..
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by DollarAngel(m): 9:49am On Apr 02, 2017
zachanalysis post=551 :-X84519:
Jealous! You make me laugh. I don't fall into the category of the irrational nairaland tribal cockroaches. I'm more concerned with dissemination of the truth. You want reliable info as it affects such important topic and you hinged your source on ' gossipmill' naija? Man, go get more education!

I love How You State The Obvious With Such A Sense Of Discovery
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Nobody: 9:51am On Apr 02, 2017
360command:
those are the countries with low average IQ rated at the bottom..
thatz my problem. When and where were these Iq's measured, or where they culled from the fictional book "IQ And The Wealth Of Nations"?
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by glasshouse(m): 10:17am On Apr 02, 2017
The Igbos are to be intelligent be industrious nd intelligent people nd if other tribes in Nigeria is to copy dat aspect of dere life before u know it when it comes to manufacturing we will be like China and Japan in few years from now.I think government needs to support Dem very well.thumbs up my Igbo brothers

2 Likes

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Bollinger(m): 11:18am On Apr 02, 2017
DollarAngel:

Do you ever see anything good in people, it might affect your life, learn about Law of attraction, if you continue this way you might remain in depression always and Lagoon might be ur next option, so don't hate be glad and be thankful, Google you will see how many records we have smashed in foreign universities, OKONJO IWEALA the only Nigeria to have governed World bank

Guy, my life is already awesome. Why? Because i face facts and make decisions based on them. He is using okonjo iweala as an example. Lol. Smh. They frustrated the poor woman to the point of exhaustion meanwhile she is performing miracles for other countries in the world. Niiiiggggeeerrriiiiaaannnnsss. I hail una.

1 Like

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by elevy(m): 11:19am On Apr 02, 2017
I should make d list cos I've IQ of 200!

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by texazzpete(m): 11:24am On Apr 02, 2017
EzeCanada:

Google is your friend, but I would help you with a verifiable source:
http://www.wonderslist.com/10-most-intelligent-people/

Is that what you call a source? Lmao!

"Alleged to have an IQ of 190". Are you for real?

This site doesn't have any more credibility than Igbobia
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by kelly72: 11:52am On Apr 02, 2017
Must everything in this country be tribalised bikonu?
Nairaland is fast becoming the assembly of losers.
Unemployment is a bastard.

1 Like

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by AleAirHub(m): 12:58pm On Apr 02, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy How is co operate estate neighborhood.... That area was my former hub wink
ayusco85:
NCAN ajah branch reporting for duty.

He deserves it actually. With that kinda IQ, even bubu that hate igbos will ve no choice than go give him this award.

Kudos Philip. (hope U don't ve big lips)
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 02, 2017
DirewolfofStark:
You're actually wrong in one detail: The Gordon Bell Prize is not the Nobel prize of computing.
The highest honor given to a computer scientist is the Turing Prize.

Which world prize have you received ?
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 02, 2017
Jameskelvin:
Lol he's a Igbo.ipob youths be like ''he's our Nwanne''.AFONJAS won't like this..1,2,3 oya let the Igbos vs afonja fight begin....to the Igbo,BRAVO.
Selfish as usual , what ever it is that he did to enhance his flat head should have been done to his brothers flat brain to make them think straight .
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by DirewolfofStark(m): 2:04pm On Apr 02, 2017
abouzaid:
the article said the Nobel prize for super computing not for computer science

Super Computing is a field in a computer science.
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by PenisCaP: 3:21pm On Apr 02, 2017
I hope one foool here called Lastprophet is seeing this.. eediot!!..

I want him to see this so that his hateful heart will keep on bleeding... IGBO KWENU!!!

1 Like

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by osita76(m): 3:25pm On Apr 02, 2017
Youngadvocate:
Philip Emeagwali has been listed as amongst the top 10 most intelligent people in the world, having the acclaimed IQ of 190.

Philip Emeagwali, of course, is a renowed and world-acclaimed engineer, mathematician, computer scientist and geologist who was one of two winners of the 1989 Gordon Bell Prize, a prize from the IEEE, for his use of a Connection Machine supercomputer to help detect petroleum fields.

He has the 9th slot directly below Marilyn vos Savant, 8th with verified IQ of 190 and directly above 10th placed Garry Kasparov who is alleged to have an IQ of 190.

The Igbo-born Nigerian is credited for inventing a formula that allows supercomputers powered by thousands of processors to perform billions of calculations per second, a discovery that made international headlines and inspired the reinvention of supercomputers.

The supercomputer comprises of thousands of networked computers and the Internet also comprises of millions of networked computers. The supercomputer spawned the Internet.

Emeagwali’s 1970s hypothesis on 64,000 networked computers around the Earth led to his programming of 64,000 processors inside a big box to perform 3.1 billion calculations per second, a world record in 1989. For the latter achievement, he won the 1989 Gordon Bell Prize, which is the “Nobel prize of supercomputing.”

http://igbobia.com/?q=philip-emeagwali-among-the-top-10-most-intelligent-people-in-the-world-with-190-iq.html

Lalasticlala
Onitsha born intellectual
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Masterclass32: 4:13pm On Apr 02, 2017
osita76:
Onitsha born intellectual
Gbam. Igbo man to the ''corest'' core. cheesy
Big ups to him. Haters can go for a nap on a bed of thorns.
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Pain(m): 4:20pm On Apr 02, 2017
nijascammers:
emegwali that have been proved to be a fraud.The guy never got a Ph.D took University of Michigan to court to force them to award him a Ph.D
A friend of mine just graduated from University of Michigan.
Court case and the denial of degree

"Emeagwali studied for a Ph.D. degree from the University of Michigan from 1987 through 1991. His thesis was not accepted by a committee of internal and external examiners and thus he was not awarded the degree. Emeagwali filed a court challenge, stating that the decision was a violation of his civil rights and that the university had discriminated against him in several ways because of his race. The court challenge was dismissed, as was an appeal to the Michigan state Court of Appeals.[8]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Emeagwali

Another botched self promotion by the deluded Philip Emeagwali. Any wonder why all the sites celebrating him are actually hosted or promoted by him?? Bia....Well I hope I dont start a Freud

1 Like

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by greatman247(m): 4:28pm On Apr 02, 2017
ayusco85:
NCAN ajah branch reporting for duty.

He deserves it actually. With that kinda IQ, even bubu that hate igbos will ve no choice than go give him this award.

Kudos Philip. (hope U don't ve big lips)

Unfortunately the same Bubu you think hate Igbo or unintelligent is still president over the whole of Nigeria put together and unfortunately again there's nothing you or anyone can do about it for now until 2019 when Nigeria may vote him out.
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by ayusco85(m): 4:52pm On Apr 02, 2017
AleAirHub:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy How is co operate estate neighborhood.... That area was my former hub wink

Lol. I don't stay towards that axis. I dey Thomas estate.
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by ayusco85(m): 4:53pm On Apr 02, 2017
greatman247:

Unfortunately the same Bubu you think hate Igbo or unintelligent is still president over the whole of Nigeria put together and unfortunately again there's nothing you or anyone can do about it for now until 2019 when Nigeria may vote him out.

Who is disputing that fact? Everyone knows bubu hates that igbos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

SpaceX Flew Over Nigeria On Way To Space Station – Hadi Sirika (Video) / Strictly Discounted Prices On Solar & Power Inverter Materials. / Kaavan, "World's Loneliest Elephant" Regains Freedom After 35 years in chains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.