Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,212 members, 7,829,345 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Woman Shot Dead By Policeman At Toll Gate, Lagos (Graphic Photos) - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Shot Dead By Policeman At Toll Gate, Lagos (Graphic Photos) (77247 Views)

Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos / Soldier Slaps Policeman At Sokoto UBA ATM / Policeman At Zenith Bank Zaria Shoots His Colleague & 2 Civilians (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Shot Dead By Policeman At Toll Gate, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by tonio2wo: 7:34am On Apr 05, 2017
beardlessdude:
the idiot is acting provoked.

you're a fvckin church rat. Silly peasant.

Anyone can come online to claim anything.

Billionare my foot, your mates are sleeping already, go to bed or pick up your laptop and get back to scamming.

His moniker is BILLYonaire. His name is probably billy, He didnt say he is a billionaire (even if he is). There are different monikers depicting different things/characters on this platform. Dose not mean they are all what they are.

Boy! Try get sense naa.
Re: Woman Shot Dead By Policeman At Toll Gate, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Bash10(m): 7:39am On Apr 05, 2017
IpobExposed:
They will not ask what the woman did. They want us to blame the police force.
.Sorry o IPOB members I have no RIP until u say what conspired between the woman and the police.

We will not blame the police and most importantly we will not blame Buhari until u tell us what she did.

And this also looks like fake death because our Nigeria police are trained

sai Buhari
sai baba we love u

You are a total waste of time and conception. When is your birthday? April 1 is irrelevant, cos you are the most foolish human I have ever seen!

Have a SOUR day, Ajegórò.

1 Like

Re: Woman Shot Dead By Policeman At Toll Gate, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by dottyeah(m): 8:04am On Apr 05, 2017
IpobExposed:
.Sorry o IPOB members I have no RIP until u say what conspired between the woman and the police.

We will not blame the police and most importantly we will not blame Buhari until u tell us what she did.

sai Buhari
sai baba we love u

It's such a disappointment and disgrace to find an animal like you living among humans...

2 Likes

Re: Woman Shot Dead By Policeman At Toll Gate, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Bash10(m): 8:08am On Apr 05, 2017
beardlessdude:
yes. Why not? Why shouldn't they kill d lazy thieves? Have u ever been scammed before?

Nonsense

Another Idiot sighted

1 Like

Re: Woman Shot Dead By Policeman At Toll Gate, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by derolemode(m): 8:18am On Apr 05, 2017
Such a pity that you have so been brainwashed to the point that a life is lost and you dont seem concerned, what could have the woman done to deserve instant death judgement not by a judge. No recourse to rules of engagement?? Aiming a loaded rifle to an un-armed civillian?? My brother please dont be a tool in the hands of our politicians where you even support them when a life is involved if not that same death will visit you much sooner than it were supposed.

IpobExposed:

sai Buhari
sai baba we love u

1 Like

Re: Woman Shot Dead By Policeman At Toll Gate, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by nairaman66(m): 8:18am On Apr 05, 2017
solonazzy:

its just an unfortunate story...im really sad for d deceased's family...bt den I can't say SARS shouldn't continue in dr efforts to curb internet crime.....90% youths r seeing it as d only way out, paving way for a dead future...from d post, d writer claimed d yahoo boy was only claimed to b one....bt y was he running ....just last Saturday, I saw SARS approach a guy suspected to b yahoo n he quietly followed dem...if Dis happened in Dis case, no one wuld have required to shoot...once again, rip to d dead...bt we can't condone cyber crime....its just so unfortunate

These people called SARS have lost every sense of decorum! They don't have the technical know how to fish out armed robbers/internet fraudsters! They are a reactive set of animals!! They assume every dude that drives a nice car and looks good is a suspected fraudster/kidnapper and they embarrass you with the full glare of the public! Is this how the NPF was trained/armed for a crime free society? We have seen numerous cases were innocent people have been killed and their case swept under the carpet! case in point this harmless and innocent lady going about her daily schedules! She could be anybody's mum cry

The Nigerian Police are a bunch of criminals and uneducated fools which the Nigerian government have given authority to with weapons to police the entire Nigeria populace, what do you expect their Modus Operandi would be? They will be on a killing spree!! The Nigeria Police and the SARS wing are the armed robbers who trouble the Nigeria populace day and Night like satan the devil! If these people are not called to order, the Nigerian people have the right to defend themselves!! I'm not singling out any Government to blame for this, as all has failed in their discharge of their civic responsibility. A time will come when there will be a true cause for anarchy because the Nigerian Government has failed its people in all entirety.

1 Like

Re: Woman Shot Dead By Policeman At Toll Gate, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Bash10(m): 8:20am On Apr 05, 2017
beardlessdude:
suite yourself such a stupid question. Are they not criminals?

And you are a saint? Why are you this irrational? You said you are not a youth, then I don't think you are kid so why thinking and reasoning like a kid?
Re: Woman Shot Dead By Policeman At Toll Gate, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Youlinsovicom(m): 8:26am On Apr 05, 2017
The activities of men of SARS is getting out of hand. from ph to owerri to aba to lagos just every where, i tink they should be disbanded. their operations are raw and crude. authorities if any, should look into SARS OPERATIONS. THEY SHOULD BE CHECKED VERY SERIOUSLY.
Re: Woman Shot Dead By Policeman At Toll Gate, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by solonazzy: 8:27am On Apr 05, 2017
nairaman66:

These people called SARS have lot every sense of decorum! They don't have the technical know how to fish out armed robbers/internet fraudsters! They are a reactive set of animals!! They assume every dude that drives a nice car and looks good is suspected fraudster/kidnapper and they embarrass you with the full glare of the public! Is this how the NPF was trained/armed for a crime free society? We have seen numerous cases were innocent people have been killed case in point this harmless and innocent lady going about her daily schedules! She could be anybody's mum cry

The Nigerian Police are a bunch of criminals and uneducated fools which the Nigerian government have given authority to with weapons to police the entire Nigeria populace, what do you expect they Modus Operandi would be? They will be on a killing spree!! The Nigeria Police and the SARS wing are the armed robbers who trouble the Nigeria populace day and Night like satan the devil! If these people are not called to order, the Nigerian people have the right to defend themselves!! I'm not singling out any Government to blame for this, as all has failed in their discharge of their civic responsibility. A time will come when there will be a true cause for anarchy because the Nigerian Government has failed its people in all entirety.
i stand to be corrected......99% of d guys sars have arrested in my area r hardcore criminals......infact wat i kno abt dem is dat dey dnt just go abt like ordinary police to raids innocent citizens....dey go after dr targets d hard way....n all i personally hav witnessed r criminals......d guys running kno dr crime....i n u dnt kno...if dey were innocent, dey wuldnt run..or do u also run wenever u r stopped by a policeman??....dats says it all den if u do....n i wuld understand y u feel dey shuldnt go d hardway against criminals....my blood brother almost joined yahoo nation...i told him point blank..dat if he is killed as a result , i wnt shed a single tear.....bt d sad case here is d stray bullet...its bound to happen....it happens everywhr.....n i kno no one can console d family enough as i dnt pray for such...my point in all is d hatred shuld b directed to dos vagabonds...d lesser we have dem, d safer our future is
Re: Woman Shot Dead By Policeman At Toll Gate, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by iamnaydu: 8:35am On Apr 05, 2017
IpobExposed:

sai Buhari
sai baba we love u
And watz this Muhf*cka saying
IpobExposed:

sai Buhari
sai baba we love u
And watz this Muhf*cka saying
Re: Woman Shot Dead By Policeman At Toll Gate, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by nairaman66(m): 8:54am On Apr 05, 2017
solonazzy:

i stand to be corrected......99% of d guys sars have arrested in my area r hardcore criminals......infact wat i kno abt dem is dat dey dnt just go abt like ordinary police to raids innocent citizens....dey go after dr targets d hard way....n all i personally hav witnessed r criminals......d guys running kno dr crime....i n u dnt kno...if dey were innocent, dey wuldnt run..or do u also run wenever u r stopped by a policeman??....dats says it all den if u do....n i wuld understand y u feel dey shuldnt go d hardway against criminals....my blood brother almost joined yahoo nation...i told him point blank..dat if he is killed as a result , i wnt shed a single tear.....bt d sad case here is d stray bullet...its bound to happen....it happens everywhr.....n i kno no one can console d family enough as i dnt pray for such...my point in all is d hatred shuld b directed to dos vagabonds...d lesser we have dem, d safer our future is

The SARS operations are almost referred to as CHANCE- the occurrence and development of events in the absence of any obvious design! Meaning the don't or rarely plan. They have killed so much innocent citizens, or don't you read the news every day? My point is, they should treat criminals as criminals and not innocent people as one! They usually treat everyone as criminals which is totally myopic and dysfunctional for what the Nigeria Police stands for!

My brother, the laws of the land are there for everyone to follow! There is no law that states that you should shoot a suspected criminal on sight, if you don't know please go get the Nigerian Constitution and read through for your consideration! excepts are parts of the Powers And Conducts of the Nigerian Police;

POWERS OF POLICE OFFICERS
• A police officer has the power to conduct in person all prosecutions before any court, whether or not the information or complaint is laid in his name. (S.23 Police Act)
• A Police officer has the[b] Power to arrest with or without warrant[/b]. S.24 Police Act)
Power to search (S.28 Police Act)
• Power to detain and search suspected persons (S.29 Police Act)
Power to take fingerprints
Grant Bail of person arrested without warrant, with or without sureties, for a reasonable amount to appear before a magistrate at the day, time and place mentioned in the recognizance.

The Code of Conduct and Professional Standards for Police Officers is to provide all members for the Nigeria Police Force with a set of guiding principles and standards of behavior while on or off-duty.

A Primary Responsibility of a Police Officer is to act as an official representative of government who is required and trusted to work within the law. The fundamental duties of a police officer include serving the community, safeguarding lives and property, protecting the innocent, keeping the peace and ensuring the rights of all to liberty, equality and justice; In performing duties, a police officer shall perform all duties impartially, without favour of affection or ill will and without regard to status, sex, race, religion, political belief or aspiration. All citizens will be treated equally with courtesy, consideration and dignity. They will conduct themselves both in appearance and composure, in such a manner as to inspire confidence and respect for the position of public trust they hold.

The Nigerian Police have failed in all the highlighted above! They have become nuisance to the people they have vowed to protect in these regard;

1. Police are the principal violators of the law and they get away with impunity

2. Some sections of the police are in[b] league with anti-social elements[/b]. Consequently they[b] indulge in selective enforcement of the law[/b]

3. Police[b] exhibit rude behavior, abusive language and contempt towards courts and human rights; they indulge in all forms of corruption[/b]

4. Depending on the[b] socio-cultural status, economic power and political influences of people who approach them, police adopt differential attitudes, violating equality and human dignity[/b]

5. Police are either[b] ignorant of the precepts of human rights or they deliberately disregard them in the matters of arrest, interrogation, searching, detention and preventive policing[/b]

6. Given the dismal record of prevention and successful investigation of crimes, the police lack accountability in protection of life and property.

7. While crimes are getting sophisticated, the police are becoming less professional. There is no evidence of a collective desire within the police organisation to redeem its public image

8. The police are insensitive towards victims of violent crimes. They sometimes behave rudely with victims, as if they are responsible for their fate

9. At least a section of policemen think of human rights as antithetical to effective law enforcement. They blame the law, lawyers and courts for their own inefficiency

10. Of late, some policemen have publicly shown leniency towards fundamentalists and terrorists, manifesting a dangerous threat to security and constitutional governance

1 Like

Re: Woman Shot Dead By Policeman At Toll Gate, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by oaroloye(m): 8:58am On Apr 05, 2017
About the New Year in 2015, I witnessed a Police Car Chase of a couple of suspected "YAHOO!-YAHOO! BOYS," in front of the OAU CAMPUS main gate, at the Ibadan Road Junction.

There was no way of knowing what led to this chase, but the Police fired once on the car- and missed- and raced in pursuit toward the Toll Gate. That bullet could have gone and hit any innocent road-user. There was no obvious Probable Cause to justify the use of Lethal Force.

Any young man who makes big money off the Internet is termed a "YAHOO!-YAHOO! BOY."

It is automatically assumed by the ignorant laymen that this money is always fraudulently obtained, knowing nothing about the vast array of legitimate jobs there are on the Internet. (Find out about them on sites like www.UPJOB.COM/ ). For instance, someone might pay you, say, $5, to open a FACEBOOK Account or start a Website or a Blog for them (see www.FIVERR.COM/ ).

That is not much, but there are very many people who want that.

If you can do ten such jobs in an hour, and work for ten hours per day, that is $400 in the bag (the Agency that connects you takes 20%, and are the REAL Crooks, here!) In as little as two weeks, you have enough money to buy a CAR.

Jealous Neighbours and poorly-paid Police DON'T see all the METICULOUS and HARD WORK you put in.

To them, you got that money FOR NOTHING.

Probably backed someone's Bank Account, or did a LOVE-LETTER Fraud (which many do do).

Therefore, if Police decide to go JUDGE DREDD on you, NOBODY CARES.

This is why we have LAWS- and they apply to the GOVERNMENT, MILITARY, AND POLICE, just as much as to the CIVILIANS.

1 Like

Re: Woman Shot Dead By Policeman At Toll Gate, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by markvandel(m): 9:20am On Apr 05, 2017
IpobExposed:

sai Buhari
sai baba we love u
You are a fool big fool for that matter, i pray its your mom that's in that position thwn you will know who to blame. Police have no right to shoot at anyone for no reason without an external force feom the second party. You are just dumb and stupid. I pray you don't fall victim of this.
Re: Woman Shot Dead By Policeman At Toll Gate, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Dicksonpal: 9:31am On Apr 05, 2017
That was Aw a policeman stopped me yesterday claiming am a yahoo boy, now I got a question to ask,must u be a yahoo boy to look fresh
Re: Woman Shot Dead By Policeman At Toll Gate, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Emimaeyor(m): 9:34am On Apr 05, 2017
if u dnt knw wat to say or wat to do pls go jump inside the River. fool
IpobExposed:

sai Buhari
sai baba we love u
Re: Woman Shot Dead By Policeman At Toll Gate, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by ebby9z(m): 9:40am On Apr 05, 2017
solonazzy:

I had no intention of commenting on this thread until i read your shallow post. Even if the guys were guilty,does it warrant them shooting at them in a crowded environment? Have they been pronounced guilty by a competent court? Nigerians' way of reasoning at times defies logic

2 Likes

Re: Woman Shot Dead By Policeman At Toll Gate, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by ayobamiakinrind(m): 9:51am On Apr 05, 2017
nkemdi89:

There is a big difference between a shooting range and a real scenario, aiming at a target in the range is easier compare to a live being, while the former provides a calm environment with an inanimate object under the instruction and supervision of the range instructor, the later entails facing a real life system situation, based on discretion and tension. If the Ak is obsolete it won't kill anyone due to faulty mechanism. She wasn't the target it was only unfortunate she became a victim of circumstances.

Your silence would be golden. Who's the target? A cyber-fraudster? Was anyone supposed to be targeted at all?

2 Likes

Re: Woman Shot Dead By Policeman At Toll Gate, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by ayobamiakinrind(m): 9:57am On Apr 05, 2017
solonazzy:

In your (supposedly ) sane mind, boys without arms are supposed to be aimed and fired at? Even if they're so dangerous that the security officers want to gun them down, is the presence of crowd not enough reason to shealth their swords?
Has the life of this woman not been wasted? Yet, the boys escaped, isn't this double-jeopardy? Is this sensible to you?
Re: Woman Shot Dead By Policeman At Toll Gate, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by solonazzy: 9:58am On Apr 05, 2017
ebby9z:

I had no intention of commenting on this thread until i read your shallow post. Even if the guys were guilty,does it warrant them shooting at them in a crowded environment? Have they been pronounced guilty by a competent court? Nigerians' way of reasoning at times defies logic
lwkmd..u r so used to corruption....infact i kno watever u think wnt stop dem frm shooting at criminals..... sars means special anti robbery squad.....its like hearing a lead dat thieves carted away with millions of naira n r on d run, u mean u ve never seen such situations whr police in advanced countries shoot at such robbers.....do u even hav clues of hw many ppl dis so called criminals av killed??.....bottom line is if u r approached no need to run...wats d use of his gun if he's just to continue chasing d crminals till d point of no return....do u even av common sense...i av agreed its an unfortunate situation as someone innocent died....dat doesnt mean dey shuldnt shoot at criminals trying to escape....im sorry if u r one..u r day is coming....hate d criminals more dan d man dat obviously made a mistake
Re: Woman Shot Dead By Policeman At Toll Gate, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by solonazzy: 10:01am On Apr 05, 2017
ayobamiakinrind:

In your (supposedly ) sane mind, boys without arms are supposed to be aimed and fired at? Even if they're so dangerous that the security officers want to gun them down, is the presence of crowd not enough reason to shealth their swords?
Has the life of this woman not been wasted? Yet, the boys escaped, isn't this double-jeopardy? Is this sensible to you?
lwkmd...d more reason dey shuld av waited if dey werent criminals....r u guys nw legalising yahoo...n saying sars shuld allow dem b??....u've got to b kidding me,...wat kind of country av i found myself.....whr in d world has a policeman nt shot an innocent person while trying to catch d main criminal....i give up...no need arguing further ...i'm nt a policeman, n i can imagine such happening to my famliy God forbid....bt my hatred wuld b directed to d vagabonds n nt d police
Re: Woman Shot Dead By Policeman At Toll Gate, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by nkemdi89(f): 10:09am On Apr 05, 2017
summerflame:
u ain't making sense fool
Idiot go to romance section its not compulsory you should be here don't argue with your type.
Re: Woman Shot Dead By Policeman At Toll Gate, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by nkemdi89(f): 10:12am On Apr 05, 2017
K9Uneet:

And you "basically know everything" about how the system works, yet you lack understanding.

And, please, don't let your assumptions run wild thinking I don't know how the system works. It might surprise you to know I'm speaking from an angle of authority and in depth knowledge. Forget the anonymity that Nairaland affords us. Peace!
Then go back to the basis, and don't allow sympathies beclouds your judgement on issues.
Re: Woman Shot Dead By Policeman At Toll Gate, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by nkemdi89(f): 10:17am On Apr 05, 2017
ayobamiakinrind:

Your silence would be golden. Who's the target? A cyber-fraudster? Was anyone supposed to be targeted at all?
Don't just jump on issues you hardly understand, I was only correcting an impression about a comment someone made about the police, talk is free and cheap, but we should always remember that we will be held accountable of whatever we say. For an ignorant person to come online and start saying that about the force, I believed he deserve a standing ovation.
Re: Woman Shot Dead By Policeman At Toll Gate, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Unclerukus: 10:35am On Apr 05, 2017
Young man sue the police for for 300m you'll get it. Get a good lawyer even if you don't have money, I am sure they'll take up the case cause you'll definitely win. Get that man dismissed and imprisoned and also get a settlement.
Re: Woman Shot Dead By Policeman At Toll Gate, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by thecommunist(m): 10:47am On Apr 05, 2017
bro4u:
SOMEONE'S MOTHER, NOT EVERYBODY'S MOTHER CAN BE FVCKED WITH OOO... I SWEAR I WILL PERSONALLY HUNT THE POLICEMAN DOWN AND DO THESAME TO HIM, THEN IF TO ROTT IN JAIL WILL BE MY PUNISHMENT SO BE IT....NONSENSE
you will later discover that the policeman's life is not worth your time in jail. karma will catch up with him. i can assure you that those kind of people will die a horrible death without you raising a finger. i only feel for the children of the deceased.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Shot Dead By Policeman At Toll Gate, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by joe4real12: 11:07am On Apr 05, 2017
IpobExposed:

sai Buhari
sai baba we love u

Re: Woman Shot Dead By Policeman At Toll Gate, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by opara28(m): 11:19am On Apr 05, 2017
houstonia:
No link, no location? Op you be spirit?
u blind? didnt u see onipanu? mofo
Re: Woman Shot Dead By Policeman At Toll Gate, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by K9Uneet(m): 11:26am On Apr 05, 2017
nkemdi89:

Then go back to the basis, and don't allow sympathies beclouds your judgement on issues.

Bia, madam simulation rapum aka. Take it or not, the truth still remains that our Policemen are doing more harm than good. I'm speaking from experience.

I no even know whether your husband naa ekelebe that's why you dey support them. Anyway, carry your simulated support and be going. I no go talk again. K'emesia.
Re: Woman Shot Dead By Policeman At Toll Gate, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by DluvDaboss(m): 11:43am On Apr 05, 2017
IpobExposed:

sai Buhari
sai baba we love u

You must be a foolish man. Idiot of u. Na so Police go kill u, we no go type RIP and we no go ask wetin happen.
I no just understand y una no wan get sense

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Prisons ‘Pamper’ Chidinma Ojukwu With Special Car Ride / Kenyan Man Who Locked His Wife’s Vagina With Super Glue, Pepper, Arrested / Yellow Magaji, Bandit Terrorizing Kaduna-Abuja Highway Killed By Police (Graphic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.