Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,576 members, 7,837,176 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement (11625 Views)

Mutallab Pleads Guilty -- What Next For Him? / Nigerian Juror Sacked From Mutallab's Trial / Abdul Mutallab's Online Posts! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by idomababe(f): 12:03am On Dec 29, 2009
I really do feel sorry 4 the mutallab family, its such a pity that all their effort in raising their child ends up in this mess.
As a mother, i feel so sorry for his mother because she lost a son, anyway i look at it,
As for the boy only God knows what would become of him, probably guantanamo bay.
Its such a pity.
Lessons  learnt?
With children we can only pray for them to make the right choices.
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by mbulela: 12:08am On Dec 29, 2009
idomababe:

I really do feel sorry 4 the mutallab family, its such a pity that all their effort in raising their child ends up in this mess.
As a mother, i feel so sorry for his mother because she lost a son, anyway i look at it,
As for the boy only God knows what would become of him, probably guantanamo bay.
Its such a pity.
Lessons  learnt?
With children we can only pray for them to make the right choices.

my point exactly.If you don't pray, then hope.
After you have done your part as a parent, you are not guaranteed a good result.
All you can do is pray or hope.
We have all seen siblings that turned out totally opposite in character despite same parental guidance.
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by mbulela: 12:11am On Dec 29, 2009
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by mbulela: 12:18am On Dec 29, 2009
By Lawani Mikairu, with Agency reports
Al-Qaeda has claimed the failed December 25 bombing of a US-bound aircraft in a statement posted on an Islamist website yesterday, US monitoring organisations said.
The statement, which was accompanied by a picture of the suspected would-be bomber, Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, boasted that the “Nigerian brother” broke all security barriers for his operation, dispelling the “great myth” of American intelligence, SITE Intelligence said.
He used explosives technology developed by the Mujahedeen in Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula’s (AQAP) “manufacturing department,” it said.
AQAP acknowledged that a “technical fault” caused the failure in the operation,” the statement added.
Another US monitoring group, Intelcentre, also reported the same posting.
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by femfem2000: 12:19am On Dec 29, 2009
What you won't hear about Mutallab on CNN, BBC and even the Nigerian media: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-372308.0.html

There is a bigger agenda than Mutallab. Please look into other sources of news and alternative angles not just what were told in the most popular media organisations.
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by Kobojunkie: 12:22am On Dec 29, 2009
OH Brother!!!! Roflmao!!
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by SEFAGO(m): 12:39am On Dec 29, 2009
The embassy visit by Abdulmatallab's father triggered a Nov. 20 State Department cable from Lagos to all U.S. diplomatic missions and department headquarters in Washington. It was also shared with the interagency National Counter Terrorism Center, said State Department spokesman Ian Kelly.

The NCTC, which has responsibility if any visas are to be pulled over terrorism concerns, then reviewed the information and found it was "insufficient to determine whether his visa should be revoked," Kelly said.

I dont know if this is recent news. Its on yahoo
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by Nobody: 12:39am On Dec 29, 2009
am i the only crazy one or is it so outrageous that his father reported him to U.S. authorities on suspicious behavior, not missing person. i do not blame the family but i feel they know more than what they are claiming to know. the dad is powerful and rich enough to get private eyes to get his son back. going to federal U.S authorities must have been a last resort. they must have tried several other methods that proved unsuccessful. believe me, no father reports his own son just for suspicious activities, the dad knows something we don't know, yet.
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by mamagee3(f): 12:42am On Dec 29, 2009
~Sauron~:

USA is a useless country. . . . . .Their security has to be the worst in the developed world. . . .

Exactly!
Imagine after the report from his father,
The screenings at the airport, he was still able to get that bomb into the plane
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by spoilt(f): 12:44am On Dec 29, 2009
I dont blame the father for reporting him. When you speak to your son over the phone and he sounds demented you'll know something is not right. He must have figured that better they find his son and return him jeje-ly to Naija for prayers ( grin) than have him blow up a plane someday which is what he tried to do. ! shocked
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by Sauron1: 12:45am On Dec 29, 2009
mama-gee:

Exactly!
The screenings at the airport, he was still able to get that bomb into the plane

And he woulda detonated the bomb but for a courageous passenger from Holland who overpowered Farouk.
If Farouk was seated near children or 80 year-old folks then his plans woulda been successful with his plot.
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by bivins1(m): 12:53am On Dec 29, 2009
Its a pity that this kind of thing has happened but again I am kind of amazed that that the the abdulmutallab did not for once use Allah  but  kept using almighty God. When you tear a drunk man better slap, im eye go clear and drink go disappear.
The wannabe terrorist appears to me  like a child who has never taken a decision in his life. Like i will always tell most Parents , its not enough to pamper a child and give him everything he wants, you must watch , monitor ,supervise and mentor him to be able to know his left from his right. I remember a friend of mine who came to the west and affter like a couple of weeks , he told me he was going back  home because he cannot continue to "suffer". I then asked him if he bought his ticket to come in the first place, his answer was" my father bought it for me".
My point is i find it very difficult to comprehend how a father will provide a son with everything and at a point decides he wants to cut off his relayionship with his father.
A lot of our kids come here to the west and want to adopt western  lifestyle cultures . if you get spanked once in a while by your parents, they call the cops for you . so when they grow up thinking nobody can touch them , they end up very spoilt. People must realise that people are very different and what works for certain people may not necessarily work for others
If that boy had grown up at home and made to chop some koboko and conks on his skull , I am sure this would have been avoided.
The bible even says when you spank the child with one hand , you pat him with the other other .
Ghana is seen to have advanced democratically today because of the koboko and conk treatment rawlings handed out to their leaders . it may be viewed as babaric in the west but it works for us.
As a child i was flogged and it made me a better person not a spoiled brat
Matters arising, the young man has put Nigerians in a very difficult situation right now but moreso for northerners. They might never be able to assume the office of the president any longer because no western Government will want to deal with anybody related to a terrorist. so they will do anything possible to make sure no northerner ever assumes that office again
Please can we start providing ourselves national security or socail security card or numbers.
Please can we tell that market woman DORA AKINLUYI to keep her mouth shut when she doecnt know what to say. she is a disgrace been a spokesman for the Government. after she lobbied to become health minister and failed, she took the position of communication minister , I expected the first thig she will do is to probe what PFIZER did in Kano by using our kids as guinea pigs for their vaccine  and pfizer went further to say its because we dont have any such laws to protect the citizenry when it comes to drug trials. That is her area of specailization and you would have expected she will champion the fight to make sure that PFIZER as a entity get the punishment they deserve but nothing happened. If i may ask, was the intention of pfizer? was it not to kill innocent people?
Sorry for the distraction here but i really get angry when you expect people to make intelligent statement but comes out to say he sneaked into the country and sneaked out. is he a spirit or a ghost? absloute joker of a woman.
I am waiting to see how this will be resolved but the government should not waste our money trying to investigate rubbish because nothing has ever come out of any investigation in this country. even the attorney general was killed nothing happened not to talk of  a novice wannabee terrorist. Have ever seen any terrrorist caught like that? and to make matters worse, starts confessing there more attacks to come? ajebota can never become ajekpako overnight  . the boy is a complete disgrace

[b]12.28.2009
Our family, like the rest of the world, were woken up in the early hours of Saturday, 26th December, 2009 to the news of an attempt to blow up a plane by a young Nigerian man, who was later identified as Umar Farouk AbdulMutallab. Umar Farouk AbdulMutallab is the son of Alhaji (Dr.) Umaru AbdulMutallab, the head of this Family.

Prior to this incident, his father, having become concerned about his disappearance and stoppage of communication while schooling abroad, reported the matter to the Nigerian security agencies about two months ago, and to some foreign security agencies about a month and a half ago, then sought their assistance to find and return him home.

We provided them with all the information required of us to enable them do this. We were hopeful that they would find and return him home. It was while we were waiting for the outcome of their investigation that we arose to the shocking news of that day.

The disappearance and cessation of communication which got his mother and father concerned to report to the security agencies are completely out of character and a very recent development, as before then, from very early childhood, Farouk, to the best of parental monitoring, had never shown any attitude, conduct or association that would give concern. As soon as concern arose, very recently, his parents, reported it and sought help.

The family will continue to fully cooperate with local and international security agencies towards the investigation of this matter, while we await results of the full investigation.

We, along with the whole world, are thankful to Al-Mighty God that there were no lives lost in the incident. May God continue to protect us all, amen.

Finally, as the matter is being investigated by the various agencies, and has already been mentioned in a US court, the family requests that the press should regard this as the only statement it will make for now.

Thank you.
Signed

The Mutallab Family[/b]
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by mubaraqqq(f): 1:41am On Dec 29, 2009
I am so amazed how people can judge other people when you are not in their shoes.Do you know what the parents are going through now? They are questioning every decision they have ever made regarding their son.

Raising kids is not a joke. You can have a parent that gives the child everything, takes parenting classes, ask for therapist help on raising the kids and still the kids turn out horribly. Then you will have another one that hardly pays attention to their kids and ignores them but the child turns out perfect. There are kids out there born in the Ghetto raised by crack head mother and fathers that are in and out of jail for stealing and drugs, and they still turn out perfectly well.

Point been, no parents wants their kids to turn evil, they raise their kids to the best of their knowledge and do their best. Now at some point the child decides to choose between good and evil, and turn against everything the parent has taught them. You cannot blame the parent for that.

Another example is the African parents abroad that try everything to raise their kids properly in America. They try to instill the values they were taught in Africa when they were young. And the kids turn out so horrible, that you cannot believe that child is an african child. You can only do your best as a parent.
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by ladej(m): 1:50am On Dec 29, 2009
mubaraqqq:

I am so amazed how people can judge other people when you are not in their shoes.Do you know what the parents are going through now? They are questioning every decision they have ever made regarding their son.

true say.

Raising kids is not a joke. You can have a parent that gives the child everything, takes parenting classes, ask for therapist help on raising the kids and still the kids turn out horribly. Then you will have another one that hardly pays attention to their kids and ignores them but the child turns out perfect. There are kids out there born in the Ghetto raised by crack head mother and fathers that are in and out of jail for stealing and drugs, and they still turn out perfectly well.

it really takes the grace of God/ [according to experts children from broken homes dont often do well, hence OBAMA]

Point been, no parents wants their kids to turn evil, they raise their kids to the best of their knowledge and do their best. Now at some point the child decides to choose between good and evil, and turn against everything the parent has taught them. You cannot blame the parent for that.

i wholly agree

Another example is the African parents abroad that try everything to raise their kids properly in America. They try to instill the values they were taught in Africa when they were young. And the kids turn out so horrible, that you cannot believe that child is an african child. You can only do your best as a parent.

some kids abroad are an absolute disgrace.
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by ladej(m): 1:52am On Dec 29, 2009
mama-gee:

Exactly!
obama wont take it easy with those guys i can assure you. security of life is the number one priority of any president
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by ladej(m): 1:54am On Dec 29, 2009
Kobojunkie:

He is a 23 year old Man for pete’s sake. We are not talking of a BOY here
he is a grown ass man. man not boy. man
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by mamagee3(f): 1:55am On Dec 29, 2009
He's a man with a babyface. cheesy cheesy
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by Kobojunkie: 2:04am On Dec 29, 2009
mubaraqqq:

What about the millions of African parents IN AFRICA who raise their kids “PROPERLY” in Africa. They try to instill the “VALUES” they were taught in Africa when they were young. And the kids turn out so horrible, and then you cannot believe that child who was born and raised in Africa was not born evil?  grin
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by ladej(m): 2:05am On Dec 29, 2009
mama-gee:

He's a man with a babyface. cheesy cheesy
im sure you know the baby faced ones are the worst, abi, u be woman u suppose know.lol
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by ladej(m): 2:09am On Dec 29, 2009
Kobojunkie:

What about the millions of African parents IN AFRICA who raise their kids “PROPERLY” in Africa. They try to instill the “VALUES” they were taught in Africa when they were young. And the kids turn out so horrible, and then you cannot believe that child who was born and raised in Africa was not born evil?  grin
you have opined accurately here. a man/woman will choose his/her path regardless of the upbringing. obviously a good upbringing minimises the risk of a child turning bad but in my opinion three things need to be in tandem for a child to turn out well.

1. the special grace of God [regardless of upbringing]

2. the will power of the child to be good and differentiate good acts from evil ones and the choice to choose good

3. love, education, closeness, instilling values
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by ebor(m): 2:42am On Dec 29, 2009
beaf,

Am relatively new 2dis forum, but i must confess ur contributions rank among d most intelligent and well thought out i'v read so far. there is no denying d fact that d chap's extremism didn't surface overnyt; it is a function of his upbringing/indoctrination, which is typified in form of patent hatred northern muslims imbibe and habour about Christians generally n USA in particular; which they see as d standard bearer of christian interest globally. I live in d north, so i know what am saying here. And to say d least, d statement frm d family is vague and ambiguous as there is no trajectory between its content and d initial claim of d family dat they earlier reported their child was radicalised. Well, thnk God d case is not bn tried in Nigeria, otherwise d next we will hear wul b dat d criminal was innocent afterall. Those praising d family should not rush in2 conclusion coz frm all indications there is more to this 'drama' than meets d eye; d truth will surely come out sooner than later.
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by kushe: 3:35am On Dec 29, 2009
an internet forum like this gives us all a chance to air our views but at the same time reveals how mediocre some folks are when it comes to making sense.how can you blame anyone for being well off and having the ability to send his child to an ivy league uni.must we all suffer ,pant and fast to experience what others can easily afford?must we all be on the same level?isn,t nature supposed to reward the not so faint hearted.why are a lot of the disrespectful malodorous matter filled oral orifices possessing nairalanders in the diaspora anyways,is it to have a worse life

yet you castigate one who has experienced your own dreams by becoming part of the top echelon of society thereby allowing him to give his family the best life can afford him.must everyone in london live in peckham?a mediocre mindset will never allow any of you bashers here on nairaland change your postcode to say a W1 in london or an old ikoyi in lagos.

inferiority infested pigs seek every opportunity to slay rich people and claim they all looted naija money.how about those that never worked in government or never handled other people's money and yet can afford to live next to the queen

oma see oo! misery as they say loves company.a lot of folks have come from the gutter and are out of the gutter but their minds never left,always seeing tadpoles and spirogyra , perpetually inhaling the stench and drinking other people's piss.

ANYONE WHO HATES RICH PEOPLE DOES NOT DESERVE TO SERVE AT THEIR TABLE TALKLESS OF EXPERIENCE WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO BE PRIVILEGED!!!
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by Nobody: 3:39am On Dec 29, 2009
kai!!! grin
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by ladej(m): 3:41am On Dec 29, 2009
kushe:

an internet forum like this gives us all a chance to air our views but at the same time reveals how mediocre some folks are when it comes to making sense.how can you blame anyone for being well off and having the ability to send his child to an ivy league uni.must we all suffer ,pant and fast to experience what others can easily afford?must we all be on the same level?isn,t nature supposed to reward the not so faint hearted.why are a lot of the disrespectful malodorous matter filled oral orifices possessing nairalanders in the diaspora anyways,is it to have a worse life

yet you castigate one who has experienced your own dreams by becoming part of the top echelon of society thereby allowing him to give his family the best life can afford him.must everyone in london live in peckham?a mediocre mindset will never allow any of you bashers here on nairaland change your postcode to say a W1 in london or an old ikoyi in lagos.

inferiority infested pigs seek every opportunity to slay rich people and claim they all looted naija money.how about those that never worked in government or never handled other people's money and yet can afford to live next to the queen

oma see oo! misery as they say loves company.a lot of folks have come from the gutter and are out of the gutter but their minds never left,always seeing tadpoles and spirogyra , perpetually inhaling the stench and drinking other people's piss.

ANYONE WHO HATES RICH PEOPLE DOES NOT DESERVE TO SERVE AT THEIR TABLE TALKLESS OF EXPERIENCE WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO BE PRIVILEGED!!!
interesting point
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by Parohfreh(f): 3:43am On Dec 29, 2009
kushe:

Soulja boi tell'em
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by SEFAGO(m): 3:47am On Dec 29, 2009
ability to send his child to an ivy league uni.

his son does not go to an ivy- he goes to a terrorist university. Infact they should have called him a british terrorist, no be london he meet craze ppl
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by Parohfreh(f): 3:48am On Dec 29, 2009
DO you know what UCL is? Can u send ur kids to UCL?
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by SEFAGO(m): 3:51am On Dec 29, 2009
^ i got into UCL in my younger days, I have family who go to UCL sharrap. Back to topic
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by Parohfreh(f): 3:57am On Dec 29, 2009
Are you serious you have family in a terrorist university?
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by SEFAGO(m): 3:59am On Dec 29, 2009
very very very distant family, I dont know anyone there anymore. I dont associate with terrorism
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by Parohfreh(f): 4:06am On Dec 29, 2009
Okay very very very distant.

Do you have any very very very very extremely very distant family in al-qaeda?
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by SEFAGO(m): 4:10am On Dec 29, 2009
^ ok bye, your insinuations are not even funny.

I just want him to be called a british terrorist. He is in no way Nigerian.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tayo Lawal: Birth Certificates In Lagos Are Free; Stop Paying For Them / New Minimum Wage: Why States Cannot Pay N30,000 – Gov Umahi / CBN Response To Sanusi Plagiarism Allegation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.