Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,513 members, 7,836,964 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement (11624 Views)

Mutallab Pleads Guilty -- What Next For Him? / Nigerian Juror Sacked From Mutallab's Trial / Abdul Mutallab's Online Posts! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by mbulela: 9:08pm On Dec 28, 2009
like i said earlier, this statement was obviously written by a lawyer.
it says so much without saying anything in particular.
On a second thought, one can not be sure of anything on the basis of it.
When they are ready to tell us the full story, we will listen.
This statement is plain grandstanding.
When they decide to robe the father in, he will tell the full story.
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 28, 2009
Simple analysis is why some pple fail to pass WAEC not to talk of SAT/GMAT/GRE,

The united states personally admitted that the boy was on their watch-list.in that case, i dont need to have a full knowledge of what the father wrote in the letter to them cos its quite straight forward.

No amount of security put in place can help our safety but rather let sleeping dogs lies, as long as they can appeal to the conscience of fanatics regardless of national, race, age and gender the roof is susceptible to fire.
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by proudly9ja(m): 9:09pm On Dec 28, 2009
@sauron,

I agree with you that all should be watched but my point is all CANNOT be watched unless another measure is taken. Especially if you are talking of over 500,000 people from different Nationalities who know they are being watch. It is expensive and also very difficult. People change names, change appearances, etc. Unless a person is specifically targetted, it is almost impossible to trace his movements. Lets even say you put one man on every suspected terrorist, thats over 500,000 man power needed!!

What I am more worried about is the Naija situation. Do we have terrorists in Nigeria? Are terrorists being trained? We have not heard anything at all from the Nigerian Police Force to assure us that we are safe at home. The man's father also reported to Nigerian Authorities. What did they do?
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by Sauron1: 9:12pm On Dec 28, 2009
Princek12:

The United States Dept. of Homeland Security has conceded that the system failed, and the information should have been utilized more prudently.

America have taken responsibility for their irresponsibilities and yet some people still want to argue.

The dad reported his son might have been radicalised and he mentioned Yemen and Egypt plus the fact that he is a muslim.
That information alone is enough to subject the boy to a strip-search or stop him from travelling.

proudly9ja:

@sauron,
I agree with you that all should be watched but my point is all CANNOT be watched unless another measure is taken. Especially if you are talking of over 500,000 people from different Nationalities who know they are being watch. It is expensive and also very difficult.

Human life is priceless. . . . .I don't believe any procedure is expensive when the lives of humans are at risk.
500,000 people are being watched. . . . .How expensive can it get to track 500,000 people in comparison to the damage one of em can cause?

There are fingerprints and DNA schitzos these days so changing names and nationalities mean nowt.
They keep spending billions of dollars in Afghanistan/Iraq and yet the war is in their airports.

People change names, change appearances, etc. Unless a person is specifically targetted, it is almost impossible to trace his movements. Lets even say you put one man on every suspected terrorist, thats over 500,000 man power needed!!

No!!!!!
U don't need 500,000 man power to put checks on terrorists. . . .All i am asking here is for the US/UK authorities to provide adequate securities in all the major international airports.

What I am more worried about is the Naija situation. Do we have terrorists in Nigeria? Are terrorists being trained? We have not heard anything at all from the Nigerian Police Force to assure us that we are safe at home. The man's father also reported to Nigerian Authorities. What did they do?

There are terrorists in Naija. . . .Boko Haram is a classic example.
Terrorists are being trained in Naija albeit few of them.
Forget Naija authorities. . . . . .Things as simple as fingerprint machine can't be found in Nigeria.
They have no database where they lodge such information.
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by Kobojunkie: 9:15pm On Dec 28, 2009
Princek12:

Since putting someone on a no fly list involves the exercise of some form of discretion, a reputable father who informed the U.S. embassy of his son's radicalized behavior should have been more than enough info to warrant them to put his name on the no fly list.
Reputable in what sense? Aren’t we LEAPING TOO FAR here?

Princek12:

Nevertheless, even if his name was not placed on the no fly list, the fact that his name was on a database of those suspected to have ties to Al Qaeda should have been enough for them to subject him to a more stringent search such as explosive-swipe test, back scatter search (it gives a unclothed x-ray image of your body which would reveal the most concealed object on one's body), or an exhaustive pat down. Clearly, since placing him on the no fly list involves the exercise of discretionary power, reasonable minds could differ as to what constitutes an imprudent exercise of that discretion.

Again, I will ask you the questions I have asked the other before you.

How do you know he was not subjected to more Stringent search? I mean seriously, how do you know this? How do you know he even had the BOMB on him while he was being searched?
My problem is it is possible people think Al-Qaida does not do it’s homework at all. I am certain they know that a search of individuals at the airport, especially after 9/11 would probably reveal anything the person is carrying. Was alquida dumb enough to leave the detection of this bomb to chance?

Princek12:

The United States Dept. of Homeland Security has conceded that the system failed, and the information should have been utilized more prudently.

Agreed but that still does not mean they could have averted this no matter how perfectly they tried.
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by mbulela: 9:17pm On Dec 28, 2009
proudly9ja:

@sauron,

I agree with you that all should be watched but my point is all CANNOT be watched unless another measure is taken. Especially if you are talking of over 500,000 people from different Nationalities who know they are being watch. It is expensive and also very difficult. People change names, change appearances, etc. Unless a person is specifically targetted, it is almost impossible to trace his movements. Lets even say you put one man on every suspected terrorist, thats over 500,000 man power needed!!

what do you want them to do?A force that is only effective in collecting road toll from danfo drivers, is that the force you are expecting to get involved in matters that even the Us homeland is bungling?
Here, we are at the mercies of God, as usual.
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by OAM4J: 9:17pm On Dec 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

More questions for you

Do we now assume that everytime any person or particularly MUSLIM speaks of sacrificing self, we should automatically assume TERRORIST or Suicide Bomber then? Is that safe to conclude?

We should not just conclude. but such information should not be taken lightly, should be investigated and such person should be place under close observation/monitoring
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by Kobojunkie: 9:18pm On Dec 28, 2009
OAM4J:

We should not just conclude. but such information should not be taken lightly, should be investigated and such person should be place under close observation/monitoring
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by proudly9ja(m): 9:18pm On Dec 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Agreed but that still does not mean they could have averted this no matter how perfectly they tried.

My point exactly. The system as it is today need improvement and needs to be improved and I can tell you that things are done everyday to improve border security (At least I am sure of both the UK and the US). However, like I said on another thread, for now, we are still very far from a perfect system and that is because the terrorists are still at least a step ahead of border security agencies.
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by mbulela: 9:21pm On Dec 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

come on, you are being unfair.
the chairman of First bank for years and before then UBA, i think.
the US embassy will listen to him with some measure of respect than they will some unknown alhaji who just walks into the embassy accusing his son of being an extremist.
both reports will listened to and investigated but you can not wish away the fact that in our society he is reputable and i think the report was made to the Us embassy here in naija.
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by Kobojunkie: 9:22pm On Dec 28, 2009
OAM4J:

Now the above brings to mind pictures of Muslims only a couple of years ago crying that they were being discriminated against by America.  He was placed on a watch list, right? And he passed through two airports on his way to the US, right? If the authorities at both airports were unable to detect the bomb, which we discovered was strapped to his thigh, I mean it was not like the guy hid it in his cavity or something( it was right there in front of the authorities) does that not cause you to WONDER why it was not detected at BOTH ports? You don’t need a flag to detect such on a drug dealer at the same airports, do you?
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by proudly9ja(m): 9:22pm On Dec 28, 2009
mbulela:

what do you want them to do?A force that is only effective in collecting road toll from danfo drivers, is that the force you are expecting to get involved in matters that even the Us homeland is bungling?
Here, we are at the mercies of God, as usual.

sounds funny but its a dangerous trend. We need to throughly improve our security system. Who says an idiot cannot wake up one morning and go on a local flight? I also think we should not totally foreclose that the device was not handed to him in Nigeria (until we get contrary info). If it was given to him in Nigeria, then we need to find out where. If not, we still need to find out if there are other Nigerians on Al-Qaeda's training school. Parents, teachers, siblings and friends need to speak up asap like Mr Muttallab.
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by Kilonso: 9:24pm On Dec 28, 2009
mbulela:

like i said earlier, this statement was obviously written by a lawyer.
it says so much without saying anything in particular.
On a second thought, one can not be sure of anything on the basis of it.
When they are ready to tell us the full story, we will listen.
This statement is plain grandstanding.
When they decide to robe the father in, he will tell the full story.

The situation at hand now is one can't be insinuative about the father having full knowledge concerning his son's criminal act on the presumption that the statement was obviously written by a lawyer or not.
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by Kobojunkie: 9:24pm On Dec 28, 2009
mbulela:

come on, you are being unfair.
the chairman of First bank for years and before then UBA, i think.
the US embassy will listen to him with some measure of respect than they will some unknown alhaji who just walks into the embassy accusing his son of being an extremist.

But they did LISTEN TO HIM, but his being REPUTABLE in the eyes of some is not enough reason why the boy’s life has to be put in chains WITHOUT EVIDENCE.

mbulela:

both reports will listened to and investigated but you can not wish away the fact that in our society he is reputable and i think the report was made to the Us embassy here in naija.
Key word “OUR SOCIETY”!! !
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by OAM4J: 9:28pm On Dec 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Now the above brings to mind pictures of Muslims only a couple of years ago crying that they were being discriminated against by America.  He was placed on a watch list, right? And he passed through two airports on his way to the US, right? If the authorities at both airports were unable to detect the bomb, which we discovered was strapped to his thigh, I mean it was not like the guy hid it in his cavity or something( it was right there in front of the authorities) does that not cause you to WONDER why it was not detected at BOTH ports? You don’t need a flag to detect such on a drug dealer at the same airports, do you?

So what are you insinuating? The whole thing is a fraud? there was an insider? a conspiracy? or a well planned attack? What exactly is your take?
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by Princek12(m): 9:29pm On Dec 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

The guy's father--Alhahi Mutallab is a reputable man -- former Chairman of UBA and First Bank of Nigeria, Plc. Isn't that reputbale?

Again, I will ask you the questions I have asked the other before you.

How do you know he was not subjected to more Stringent search? I mean seriously, how do you know this? How do you know he even had the BOMB on him while he was being searched?

The authorities in Nigeria and Amsterdam have stated that he underwent normal security procedures and was not subject to heightened security procedures. Which one be your own?
My problem is it is possible people think Al-Qaida does not do it’s homework at all. I am certain they know that a search of individuals at the airport, especially after 9/11 would probably reveal anything the person is carrying.  Was alquida dumb enough to leave the detection of this bomb to chance?

Al Qaeda did their homework, but the U.S. was fortunate enough to have a father who gave them info about his son's plan. It does not get better than that, being informed of a potential terrorist attack by a guy who was on your list, and who was not subject to a heightened search. Come on don't argue against yourself. So if someone's family told you that their family member was going to poison you, won't you exercise caution in eating food that was prepared by that person?

Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by Kobojunkie: 9:29pm On Dec 28, 2009
OAM4J:

So what are you insinuating? The whole thing is a fraud? there was an insider? a conspiracy? or a well planned attack? What exactly is your take?

I don't see any need to CONCLUDE on things I am not sure of at this point when we are yet to get even 70% of the picture!
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by Kilonso: 9:30pm On Dec 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

But they did LISTEN TO HIM, but his being REPUTABLE in the eyes of some is not enough reason why the boy’s life has to be put in chains WITHOUT EVIDENCE.
Key word “OUR SOCIETY”!! !

If you mean the son then I wonder what evidence one needs to put him in chains when he was caught in the act
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by Kobojunkie: 9:37pm On Dec 28, 2009

The guy's father--Alhahi Mutallab is a reputable man -- former Chairman of UBA and First Bank of Nigeria, Plc. Isn't that reputbale?

If you agree that Cecilia Ibru is TRUSTWORTHY and HONEST( Reputable).

The authorities in Nigeria and Amsterdam have stated that he underwent normal security procedures and was not subject to heightened security procedures. Which one be your own?

I think you need to direct that question at your own self here.  Someone pointed out earlier that even folks with drugs strapped on the same way will likely be detected during the NORMAL SECURITY SEARCH, so again, why was this not detected? I believe that is a valid question to ask oneself.

A preliminary FBI analysis found that the device AbdulMutallab allegedly carried aboard the flight from Amsterdam, Netherlands, to Detroit, Michigan, contained the explosive pentaerythritol tetranitrate, known as PETN. The amount of explosive involved was sufficient to blow a hole in the side of the aircraft, a source with knowledge of the investigation told CNN Sunday. Authorities have focused their investigation on how AbdulMutallab, 23, allegedly smuggled the explosives aboard the flight and who might have helped him. "We're ascertaining why it was that he was not flagged in a more specific way when he purchased his ticket, given the information that we think was available, allegedly was available," Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano told CNN's "American Morning" Monday. AbdulMutallab, a Nigerian who had a multiple-entry visa to the United States, had been added to a watch list of 550,000 potential terrorist threats after the information provided by his father was forwarded to the National Counter-Terrorism Center, a senior administration official said. But "the info on him was not deemed specific enough to pull his visa or put him on a no-fly list," the official said.

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/12/28/airline.terror.attempt/index.html

The above points to his possibly not even having this on him FROM NIGERIA, and it is possible he had it AFTER being searched.

Al Qaeda did his homework but the U.S. was fortunate enough to have a father who gave them his son's plan. It does not get better than that, being informed of a potential terrorist attack by a guy who was on your list, and who was not subject to a heightened search. Come on don't argue against yourself. So if someone's family told you that their family member was going to poison you, won't you exercise caution in eating food that was prepared by that person?

What?  Let us not TRIVIALIZE this now!! You assume there that I even eat food served me by strangers that I ain’t paying for.
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by londoner: 9:39pm On Dec 28, 2009
@kobojunkie, would you views have been the same if he succeeded in blowing up the plane/setting it on fire and taking the lives of those on board?

Pardon me to say, but you are talking in the comfort of hindsite. You mentioned your friend who was going through a "phase". Did he have Alqueda connections? Was he trained in the Yemen? This guy was. The same so called "phase" which those who flew into the twin towers and blew up parts of London
not to long ago were going through I suppose.

The phase of a few should not mean that the safety of many is sacrificed.
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by chidichris(m): 9:39pm On Dec 28, 2009
terrorists begets terrorists. if nigeria is a country where records are kept, the father of this terrorist must have been involved either directly or indirectly in the killing of the igbos in the north.
i have no sypathy for the boy or his family. we are all saying this now because God has exposed them at international level.
most of these northern rich men provides arms with which innocent people are attacked and killed.
sons are born to be greater than their parents.
it is a well planned because travelling from dubai to yemen was for nothing but acquiring the final knowledge in his course.
most fathers who shout death to america, death to isreal never know their children would prefer practicals.
on the other hand, all the rich men in nigeria who have helped in destroying our educational systems here only to send their children abroad will still know from now that God is ominipresent and as such can catch u anywhere.
with the cries and suffering of poor and inncent citizens of nigeria, there will be no hiding place for the wicked.
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by bigfoot79(m): 9:41pm On Dec 28, 2009
Evidence keh! The only thing keeping him alive now is a competentent court of law and of course the CIA FBI etc may also have a potential lab rat in the spoilt b3star3d. They'll so kill him, his people had better print his obituary now and forget about him. Pscheew
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by SEFAGO(m): 9:43pm On Dec 28, 2009
^Not rily, he would get a maximum prison sentence of 20 years supposedly and at the age of 43 would be out
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by Kobojunkie: 9:46pm On Dec 28, 2009
londoner:

@kobojunkie, would you views have been the same if he succeeded in blowing up the plane/setting it on fire and taking the lives of those on board. Pardon me to say, but you are talking in the comfort of hindsite.

I can, for a fact, say my answer to your question is YES!!! I felt the same way after 9/11 and would feel the same if this had been worse. My stance is that the US can do all it can to protect against terrorist but the fact is unless the rest of the world is fighting the same battle, it is impossible to prevent all cases.

If this man trip had started off from within the US, then I would have reprimanded the US authorities more than I am in doing in this case. But I understand that the US CANNOT Police folks all around the world in this case. I cannot help but ask what happened in Nigeria and what happened in the Amsterdam in this case. I just feel we need to know at what point the man got the bomb and why the authorities failed to catch him after that.

londoner:

You mentioned your friend who was going through a "phase". Did he have Alqueda connections? Was he trained in the Yemen?
Actually, you just needed to hear my friend speak to know why I reported him. He did go to Saudi for Hajj and came back speaking like a lunatic afterwards. Please do not come back telling me that only those who go to Yemen qualify.

londoner:

This guy was. The same so called "phase" which those who flew into the twin towers and blew up parts of London
not to long ago were going through I suppose.

The phase of a few should not mean that the safety of many is sacrificed.

Trained in Yemen? His father said this? Or we are learning of this now? The report you sent spoke of his father reporting his son for saying he was going to sacrifice himself.

Speaking of “Phases”, are you sincerely saying you have NEVER been through one yourself?( don’t answer cause I already know what answer I will believe)
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by Sauron1: 9:51pm On Dec 28, 2009
SEFAGO:

^Not rily, he would get a maximum prison sentence of 20 years supposedly and at the age of 43 would be out

Caught In The Act trying to kill over 300 passengers?
Trust me. . . . . .This reeks of Capital Punishment.
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by proudly9ja(m): 9:54pm On Dec 28, 2009
nope, attempted, plus I think a US lawyer says its 20 years. Considering that 1 yr equals 9months, then he'l prolly spend less than 16 years.

In addition, I think if he gives as much info as possible, they may even give him a lighter sentence.
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by londoner: 9:55pm On Dec 28, 2009
I have never been through a phase which made me get on a plane with an explosive moulded around my body parts, with the express view to blow the plane up killing both myself and others.

I have never been through that phase, have you?
Its pretty selfish for any person to think its okay to go through that "phase" and the rest of us should just bear the consequences, no matter how far a person choses to take it.

The guy in question said to authorities himself that he obtained the substance in the Yemen, and Alqqeda have claimed responsibility. Now, its pretty clear what the situation is.

Here is the article also on the BBC website where it said that the guy told authorities that the bomb was provided to him in the YEMEN, and they also TRAINED HIM ON HOW TO USE IT.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/8432934.stm
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by Musty450(m): 9:56pm On Dec 28, 2009
Blaming the parents for a child's upbringing is soooooooo within the point, just a praising theparents for a child's achievements. If you attend an average traditional wedding in Nigeria, you will hear eulogies upon eulogies how the bridegroom or bride was well brought up by his parents, especially if the bride/bridegroom is doing well.

at what stage do you then figure that he ll be responsible for his own actions
I think its unfair to blame his parents, i feel they did the best they could, they are truly one in a million.

The guy was 23 for crying out loud, an adult !!!

@ Beaf, how many Nigerians have had similar oppurtunities and turned out fine, be reasonable and stop beefing!!!

If person wan mara, na only God fit stop am.
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by Kobojunkie: 10:03pm On Dec 28, 2009
londoner:

I have never been through a phase which made me get on a plane with an explosive moulded around my body parts, with the express view to blow the plane up killing both myself and others.

I have never been through that phase, have you?

I never claimed this particular person I reported went through such a phase EITHER.

londoner:

Its pretty selfish for any person to think its okay to go through that "phase" and the rest of us should just bear the consequences, no matter how far a person choses to take it.

I think you should direct your statement there to the guy and not me!! grin

londoner:

The guy in question said to authorities himself that he obtained the substance in the Yemen, and Alqqeda have claimed responsibility. Now, its pretty clear what the situation is.

I don’t think so because the report, I posted above claimed the substance got on him from Amsterdam to Detroit, and we know this man started his journey from Nigeria and NOT Yemen. So which do we believe? Here is the link to the one I posted earlier . . . . By the way, the link you provided does not speak of him being trained in Yemen and getting the bomb from there. Did you post the wrong link by chance?

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/12/28/airline.terror.attempt/index.html

londoner:

Here is the article also on the BBC website where it said that the guy told authorities that the bomb was provided to him in the YEMEN, and they also TRAINED HIM ON HOW TO USE IT.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/8432934.stm

Note: The Authorities got this information from him AFTER THE FACT and not before the attempted bombing.

Now, here again, IF he carried this on his person, moulded to his legs , why did the authorities in Nigeria, and then in the Netherlands not detect it? I mean these same would have easily detected a similar powdery( drug) package on a person normally.
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by bigfoot79(m): 10:04pm On Dec 28, 2009
20 years you.re kidding right? Even his charge sheet will read more than 20 counts and he'll most likely get maximum sentence for each count, even if he chickens out and gave info that leads to the arrest of bin Ladden, he still be in for as long as Methusela lived
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by bigfoot79(m): 10:10pm On Dec 28, 2009
WHATEVER VIEW EXPRESSED HERE SHOULD BE DONE WITH A MEASURE OF CAUTION oh bicoz ds oyinbos dey vex now and them no go take any threat with levity oh
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by Princek12(m): 10:11pm On Dec 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

If you agree that Cecilia Ibru is TRUSTWORTHY and HONEST( Reputable).

You are using a strawman style argument here. My point is that when someone of his caliber comes to the U.S. embassy to inform you of the radicalized behavior of his own son, and his son's intent of planning something dangerous, it should be taking more seriously.  I never said his statement should be conclusive of his son's behavior but should definitely be giving substantial weight.

I think you need to direct that question at your own self here.  Someone pointed out earlier that even folks with drugs strapped on the same way will likely be detected during the NORMAL SECURITY SEARCH, so again, why was this not detected? I believe that is a valid question to ask oneself.

How do you know if that "someone" who pointed earlier that drugs strapped the same way would have been detected during the normal security search is an expert or knows what he is saying. Again, even if it should have been detected under normal routine, it does not negate the proposition that he should not have been subject to a heightened search, since they were aware of his radicalized behavior.

The above points to his possibly not even having this on him FROM NIGERIA, and it is possible he had it AFTER being searched.

Again, this is possible, which is why the govt. is trying to investigate fully the possible security breach.

What?  Let us not TRIVIALIZE this now!! You assume there that I even eat food served me by strangers that I ain’t paying for.

Yes. Whether you are paying for the food or not. If  you own a restaurant and the father of someone informs you that a paying customer wants to come and rob you at night, I would hope that you would be extra cautious in observing that when that customer walks into your restaurant at night, or if possible deny service to that customer as long as it is within dictates of the law. Here, the govt. could have legally revoked his visa or denied him entry to the U.S., or at the very least subject him to a heightened search.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Inauguration Of Mr.Udom Emmanuel as New Governor of Akwa Ibom State (photos) / Governors To Stop Tax Collection Concession As States’ Revenues Decline / New Minimum Wage: Why States Cannot Pay N30,000 – Gov Umahi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.