Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,253 members, 7,815,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals (15984 Views)

Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses / Atheists "Have Higher Iqs" (2) / Atheists 'have Higher Iqs' - Daniel Bates (1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by JackBizzle: 1:47am On Apr 14, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

So what's the difference between the 'deist God' and 'Christian God' ?

A deist god is not a personal god and has no relationship per se with humans. a deist god does not have any spiritual powers and does not require worship.

The christian god requires worship, submission and spirituality.
Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by dalaman: 7:05am On Apr 14, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

So what's the difference between the 'deist God' and 'Christian God' ?

The deist God is a creator God/force that doesn't intervene(mighteven be dead), while the Christian God is the one that is supposed to actively intervene in people's lives, answer prayes, speaks with them, is in a personal relationship with them, loves them and the other hogwash that christianity is associated with.

We can simply test that. You do not communicate with any God in reality, you can ONLY CLAIM that you do, but in reality you are only deluding yourself. If you insist you do then we can test it very easily and you'll see that you will always fail the test.
Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by dalaman: 7:07am On Apr 14, 2017
felixomor:

If they ask you to show proof for this now,
U will start answering question with question.....

Mscheww

Didn't I prove to you that your own God is a real as your medical certificate? Both being imaginary.

1 Like

Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by Immorttal: 7:25am On Apr 14, 2017
Kay17:

The typical skeptic's response is whether all things that are organized and ordered must come from a creator as an absolute rule. Now if it is not then you have to mention the exceptions.

However if it is an absolute rule then God himself for being supremely ordered and organized cannot escape his need of a creator.

Again the absolute rule would be useless and absurd if it creates an infinite chain of cause and effect.
its been long i come across this model of thought, its thought-hassling
Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by randomperson: 7:26am On Apr 14, 2017
davtosh:

Do u mean it could have as well been created by aliens?

If that is the case you at least believe it was created by someone you only cant take it that God created it.
The point is to show that the idea of god makes as much or even less sense than the idea of aliens. So why should I subscribe to one and reject the other
Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:12pm On Apr 14, 2017
dalaman:

The deist God is a creator God/force that doesn't intervene(mighteven be dead), while the Christian God is the one that is supposed to actively intervene in people's lives, answer prayes, speaks with them, is in a personal relationship with them, loves them and the other hogwash that christianity is associated with.

We can simply test that. You do not communicate with any God in reality, you can ONLY CLAIM that you do, but in reality you are only deluding yourself. If you insist you do then we can test it very easily and you'll see that you will always fail the test.

What is this ? grin

How can a necessarily existing , non contingent immutable being die ? Anything that could kill God is greater than He is but God is eternal (no, beginning , no end ) omnipotent and supreme so that's impossible . Death is a change and God is impervious to change since He is changeless (immutable) . I mean sir Dalaman , it is very illogical to even surmise that God is dead or will die .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:13pm On Apr 14, 2017
Immorttal:
its been long i come across this model of thought, its thought-hassling

It was easily debunked bro . Long time sef , how you dey ?

1 Like

Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:18pm On Apr 14, 2017
Kay17 , sweerie you still haven't responded to this question ?

1 Like

Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by dalaman: 1:41am On Apr 15, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

What is this ? grin

How can a necessarily existing , non contingent immutable being die ? Anything that could kill God is greater than He is but God is eternal (no, beginning , no end ) omnipotent and supreme so that's impossible . Death is a change and God is impervious to change since He is changeless (immutable) . I mean sir Dalaman , it is very illogical to even surmise that God is dead or will die .

Is that the only thing that you saw in my post? Do you communicate with God?
Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by Immorttal: 3:48am On Apr 15, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

It was easily debunked bro . Long time sef , how you dey ?
really long time Bubu, been extra busy nowadays.
Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by Kay17: 7:43am On Apr 15, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Being maximally great means that God is Omnipotent , Omniscient , morally perfect , Omnipresent etc . And God being simple is that these attributes are not parts of God that make Him God , they are simply identical to His being .You dig ?

The word you searching for in substitute of simple is whole. If an entity is indivisible then it's whole.

In my belief, maximal greatness involves an advanced stage of complexity
Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by Kay17: 7:46am On Apr 15, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Wow . How is that possible please explain . And after you are done , select which you think is logical

1. Infinite Regress

2. First Cause [Eternal , Necessary Existent , Self Existent, Self Sufficient , Non Contingent ]

3. Something out of literally nothing uncaused .

This is begging the question. Why would i agree with you that God is the first cause or that something came out of nothing uncaused when in principle i do not accept the assumptions for such.
Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by owoleola: 6:14pm On Apr 15, 2017
Kay17:

The typical skeptic's response is whether all things that are organized and ordered must come from a creator as an absolute rule. Now if it is not then you have to mention the exceptions.

However if it is an absolute rule then God himself for being supremely ordered and organized cannot escape his need of a creator.

Again the absolute rule would be useless and absurd if it creates an infinite chain of cause and effect.
A conscious mind must have been the mastermind of an organized or ordered thing,well that does rule out the idea that the world just came into existence without no cause.And also this is where my dogma comes in,because I believe in God,He Himself wasn't created.
Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by Kay17: 7:59pm On Apr 15, 2017
owoleola:
A conscious mind must have been the mastermind of an organized or ordered thing,well that does rule out the idea that the world just came into existence without no cause.And also this is where my dogma comes in,because I believe in God,He Himself wasn't created.

In a debate personal beliefs are helpless in persuasion. Of what use would my dogma be to you. Except we have a common ground that reason would lead us to finding the truth, right?
Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:33pm On Apr 15, 2017
Kay17:

This is begging the question. Why would i agree with you that God is the first cause or that something came out of nothing uncaused when in principle i do not accept the assumptions for such.

There is no begging the question here . I listed three possibilities and asked you for the logical one . 'God' is the appellation for the First Cause . In case you believe the universe is the First Cause , then you are wrong : the universe does have not properties of the First Cause - the exact opposite in fact .
Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:42pm On Apr 15, 2017
Kay17:

The word you searching for in substitute of simple is whole. If an entity is indivisible then it's whole.

In my belief, maximal greatness involves an advanced stage of complexity

Again , can you list out the parts of God and name the function of each part A whole does consist of parts or can be broken into parts .. right?
Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by dalaman: 8:43pm On Apr 15, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Again , can you list out the parts of God and name the function of each part

Do you communicate with God?
Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:11pm On Apr 15, 2017
dalaman:

Do you communicate with God?

Yes smiley
Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by dalaman: 9:21pm On Apr 15, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Yes smiley

You mean you communicate with your God the way you communicate with me? Back and forth?
Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:27pm On Apr 15, 2017
JackBizzle:

A deist god is not a personal god and has no relationship per se with humans. a deist god does not have any spiritual powers and does not require worship.

The christian god requires worship, submission and spirituality.

You got most of it wrong . There are different types of deism - I've mentioned them before - and each type have different beliefs . Some deists say that God does require worship and can have both a transpersonal (Panendeism) and personal relationship with man . In Spiritual Deism , man is expected to both believe in a personal God and have a spiritual relationship with God .
Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:30pm On Apr 15, 2017
dalaman:

You mean you communicate with your God the way you communicate with me? Back and forth?

Back and forth ? For me , I don't think I've attained that level . But God does communicate with me .
Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:35pm On Apr 15, 2017
Kay17:

In a debate personal beliefs are helpless in persuasion. Of what use would my dogma be to you. Except we have a common ground that reason would lead us to finding the truth, right?

The deists deduced that God indeed exists based on reason , why do you as an atheist contravene their conclusion ? To the logical profound deist , the existence of God is true . Why do you then impugn the truth ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by dalaman: 9:53pm On Apr 15, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Back and forth ? For me , I don't think I've attained that level . But God does communicate with me .

How does God communicate with you if its not back and forth?
Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:01pm On Apr 15, 2017
m
dalaman:

How does God communicate with you if its not back and forth?

If by back and forth you mean conversation , then no . Prayer is a form of communication and God responds to my requests .

2 Likes

Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by dalaman: 11:31pm On Apr 15, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:
m

If by back and forth you mean conversation , then no . Prayer is a form of communication and God responds to my requests .

How does God respond to your request? Give me an example of God's response to you that you know can not be any other phenomenon but God.
Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by Kay17: 10:54am On Apr 16, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

There is no begging the question here . I listed three possibilities and asked you for the logical one . 'God' is the appellation for the First Cause . In case you believe the universe is the First Cause , then you are wrong : the universe does have not properties of the First Cause - the exact opposite in fact .

Cause and effect relationship relies on a physical principle observable within our universe. Why do you believe such a principle must extend beyond this universe?
Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by JackBizzle: 3:57pm On Apr 16, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

You got most of it wrong . There are different types of deism - I've mentioned them before - and each type have different beliefs . Some deists say that God does require worship and can have both a transpersonal (Panendeism) and personal relationship with man . In Spiritual Deism , man is expected to both believe in a personal God and have a spiritual relationship with God .

As a christian, should you be LYING DURING EASTER?

Deism does not require worship. Even the pandeism you mentioned does not include a God that requires worshiping!
Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 16, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:
m

lol plz tell me which prayer dat u have prayed dat ur silent God answeredundecided
Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by Nobody: 7:54pm On Apr 16, 2017
Frenzy007:
lol plz tell me which prayer dat u have prayed dat ur imaginary God answeredundecided
Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:08pm On Apr 18, 2017
JackBizzle:

As a christian, should you be LYING DURING EASTER?

Deism does not require worship. Even the pandeism you mentioned does not include a God that requires worshiping!

How about making researches on those types of deism I mentioned instead of calling me a liar undecided . Pandeism and Panendeism are two different types of deism .

Receive sense bro !
Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:12pm On Apr 18, 2017
Kay17:

Cause and effect relationship relies on a physical principle observable within our universe. Why do you believe such a principle must extend beyond this universe?

I'll answer this question when you answer mine .

KingEbukasBlog:

The deists deduced that God indeed exists based on reason , why do you as an atheist contravene their conclusion ? To the logical profound deist , the existence of God is true . Why do you then impugn the truth ?
Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:27pm On Apr 18, 2017
dalaman:

How does God respond to your request? Give me an example of God's response to you that you know can not be any other phenomenon but God.

Why do you want to know ? I think you should be more interested in experiencing these things yourself instead of looking for an opportunity to criticize - its apparent that's what you want to do wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Couple Welcome 1st Child 10yrs After Wedding After TB Joshua Prayed 4 Them(pics) / Mohammed's Perfect Advise: Pre-marital Sex And Pregnancy / How To Say An Actual No To Sexual Immoralities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.