Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,765 members, 7,844,490 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This (71571 Views)

Cardi B Nigerian Citizenship Tweet: Abike Dabiri, Bashir Ahmad React / Why I Am Renouncing My Nigerian Citizenship - By Aroms Aigbehi / Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by Osayin(m): 3:31am On Apr 09, 2017
blackberlin:
Sometimes I don't blame someone like this. A lot of people don't enjoy anything as citizens of Nigeria. But I know there's hope for Nigeria. . . The more people wake up and hold politians and public office holders responsible for their actions, the better for us all.

We really need to spring up. . . Nigeria has great potentials with its vast population of hardworking and innovative citizens.

Just give us electricity in Naija, as in... South Africans will come and be washing plates here (no offence S/A).
God bless you!

6 Likes

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by henryhemon(m): 3:32am On Apr 09, 2017
IgboLoyalist:
Now, that I am in America and look at Nigeria retrospectively. It's like looking back at a jungle. It'll take a miracle for me to return lol. Saying you're Nigerian in other African countries might give you prestige points in Africa, but here everyone laughs. Heck, I'd spit at you if you arrogantly boasted about being Nigerian to my face. I will gladly relocate to Biafra though. Good days people. (:

That part of Nigeria is worst than you can imagine. Stop spewing sentiment.

3 Likes

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by Nobody: 3:40am On Apr 09, 2017
This useless country with cretins as youths

8 Likes

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by muxxybest(m): 3:46am On Apr 09, 2017
Sweetguy25:
Likely an igbo man.
afonjas union of bad belle and red zinc

8 Likes

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by fSociety: 3:48am On Apr 09, 2017
michoade:
Thank you Eric Donaldson for enlighten me to know how to value ones country even if it is a snail's shell.
This is the land of my birth, this Nigeria my Nigeria; this is the land of my birth not a zoo
I will never run away; I will never renounce her.
This is my pledge to my dear country. So help of God.

Lol. Like you have a choice. grin

2 Likes

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by brunofarad(m): 4:05am On Apr 09, 2017
Nobody is escaping, we are all in this together

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by Nobody: 4:05am On Apr 09, 2017
blackberlin:
Sometimes I don't blame someone like this. A lot of people don't enjoy anything as citizens of Nigeria. But I know there's hope for Nigeria. . . The more people wake up and hold politians and public office holders responsible for their actions, the better for us all.

We really need to spring up. . . Nigeria has great potentials with its vast population of hardworking and innovative citizens.

Just give us electricity in Naija, as in... South Africans will come and be washing plates here (no offence S/A).

U are allowed to offend them S/A anywhere anytime anyday. Terrible people

2 Likes

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by 19naia(m): 4:08am On Apr 09, 2017
Thats how you do it when you want to create confusion during deportation. If they find him in Germany illegally, and try to deport him, there will be statutory checkmate when they find that he is not a citizen of any Nation.
Smart man but no luck. His citizenship curse is bound to him like coruption is bound to nigeria. shocked

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by Nobody: 4:10am On Apr 09, 2017
Ojiofor:

Yeah,Just like Germany,you have to give up one to take German citizenship.

Wrong sir. They allow dual citizenship. Wayy long before now, wasn't so bt for a long time now yea dual is very acceptable. Check ur internet

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by Ishilove: 4:27am On Apr 09, 2017
mrmrmister:
I don't blame the Man at all.

Nigeria has a tattered reputation.

Nigerians go about committing crimes in different countries, and when the news comes up (especially on nairaland undecided), instead of collectively criticising the bad behaviour, some hopeless souls would rather turn it into a tribal issue.
My sentiments exactly

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by Lifestone(m): 4:32am On Apr 09, 2017
jiinxed:
Good. Its way easier to tell a someone you're from africa. Once you mention that you're from nigeria, you'd be looked upon like you're the spawn of satan. All ye monkeys supporting one nigeria, travel and see.
Na lie. I have always told everybody that cares to listen that I am from Nigeria anytime I'm in Europe or US, and can't remember being discriminated against as a result of that.

3 Likes

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by iluvpomo(m): 4:45am On Apr 09, 2017
Just burn the dam passport = rapid renunciation
Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by mario383: 4:46am On Apr 09, 2017
michoade:
Thank you Eric Donaldson for enlighten me to know how to value ones country even if it is a snail's shell.
This is the land of my birth, this Nigeria my Nigeria; this is the land of my birth not a zoo
See this one wey he nor know where hardship dey. You cannot deceive many apart from the qillibles.
Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by cao(f): 4:53am On Apr 09, 2017
correctguy0900:

Wrong sir. They allow dual citizenship. Wayy long before now, wasn't so bt for a long time now yea dual is very acceptable. Check ur internet
You really should check your internet. In fact, my earlier post on this very thread gave the exact exceptions...

**adds screenshot again, since I know some folks are allergic to research or doing any additional work**

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by Mourinho24: 4:57am On Apr 09, 2017
BLACKdagger:

Afonjas always start d fight as u can see. He cant just make a useless comment where it not connected.
A mention on mytribe is a mention on me
Must you exhibit ur madness on Nairaland?

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by Nobody: 4:58am On Apr 09, 2017
Truth is this country has nothing for its citizens. A cointry that will value wealth creation over the welfare of its citizens is a useless country. Millions will be spent to protect pipeline and oil but no such attention is givem to protect citizens. As a citizen of this cesspit I cant count one thing I enjoy even though I pay my taxes. Those who swore to protect me are most likely to kill me for nothing. My friend, a journalist was covering this meningitis stuff in one of the northern states and was telling me how the victims are abandonded and left to die... and no one cares. Then someone should tell me why I shouldnt renounce my citizenship

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by ztanleechima(m): 5:04am On Apr 09, 2017
Sweetguy25:
Likely an igbo man.
blank brain. Won't you let the ibo's rest.?

4 Likes

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by Bollinger(m): 5:09am On Apr 09, 2017
michoade:

dancok:
singing, this is the land of my hope! This is the of my hope!! I will never run away, i forgot how to sing the rest,

This is what a man who does not have a choice would say. Give him options and he'll start to sing a different tune. cheesy

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by dingbang(m): 5:14am On Apr 09, 2017
Ma nigga!
Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by adegeye38(m): 5:37am On Apr 09, 2017

2 Likes

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by odogwubiafra: 5:41am On Apr 09, 2017
henryhemon:

Your Biafra is the worst of all,The worst place to live yet we think we will be better off when we get Biafra.

Yes, let them give it to us shikena.
Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by Nobody: 5:41am On Apr 09, 2017
Hmmm... He is no longer proud and patriotic of his nation. God help him!

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by multiloadit: 5:57am On Apr 09, 2017
Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by odduduwa: 5:59am On Apr 09, 2017
darkckUSA:

All we need is electricity and watch us beat the rest of the world in innovative technology..
we? forget it Yoruba and Hausa don't have such potentials of technology ,I ll understand if you mention igbo

4 Likes

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by Nobody: 5:59am On Apr 09, 2017
correctguy0900:

U are allowed to offend them S/A anywhere anytime anyday. Terrible people
this is one of the reasons naija will always poohole

DIRECTING YOUR OUTRAGE AT STRANGERS

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by SycophanticGoat: 6:05am On Apr 09, 2017
Vicyace:

No power, and you get to pay more for the epileptic supply.
You dig your borehole or buy water for consumption.
Cost of food is skyrocketing on a daily basis.
Security concerns dry there. Police will extort you and claim they are your friend.

Why won't someone think of renouncing naija citizenship for a better citizenship

Police will not only extort but shoot indiscriminately, at the bloody civilians. What about terrorism affecting our farmers? What about extra judicial killings sponsored by the government? What about the injustice served the poor masses? I wouldn't blame anyone who chooses to renounce his or her citizenship. I blame the hell hole they call a country..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by hollywater: 6:06am On Apr 09, 2017
Nonsense, they will easily rush to remind you of 1999 constitution when it favours them,but won't do so when is your right as a citizen.

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by weedtheweeds: 6:11am On Apr 09, 2017
but he probably might want to apply to another citizenship which will be illegal to do while still retaining his Nigerian citizenship. Most countries only allow dual citizenship. The Nigerian is probably useless to him and might be impeding his chances for a better life or for his children
Tazdroid:
Make e just forget Naija dey manage him life for Deutsche land na
Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by Nobody: 6:11am On Apr 09, 2017
jiinxed:
Good. Its way easier to tell a someone you're from africa. Once you mention that you're from nigeria, you'd be looked upon like you're the spawn of satan. All ye monkeys supporting one nigeria, travel and see.

I know right. It's not even funny anymore
Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by intruxive(m): 6:12am On Apr 09, 2017
Likely an ipob youth, who will still likely still come back to his red mud abode to ferment trouble and when things go south claim he is a german ala kanu grin

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by koladebrainiac(m): 6:13am On Apr 09, 2017
Na dem go dey condemn nigeria
Na dem go still dey sell drugs n be scamming whites upandan

U will die a Nigerian so forget it bro

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

4 Ways Joe Biden As United States President Will Affect Nigeria / Ways Peter Obi's Supporters Are Showing Him Love (Pictures) / Falz, Others In #EndSARSMemorial Car Procession At Lekki Tollgate (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.