Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

Random Thought: What If We Arent All Meant To Marry? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Random Thought: What If We Arent All Meant To Marry? (4164 Views)

Don't bash me, It's just a random thought!! / A Lady Replies Man Who Said Men Are Biologically Meant To Cheat / Ten Kinds Of Women U Shouldnt Disvirgin If You Arent Ready to marry Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Random Thought: What If We Arent All Meant To Marry? by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 09, 2017
So I turned 28 this week cheesy and I am thankfuk for all the years God has given me on this earth.

I had plans that involved me getting married by the end of the year I turned 28 . I didn't plan this goal very well... I didn't know with whom but I wanted to be married .

So here I am ... Unmarried ... And life is a going on ( I have not died undecided ) but society looks at me so expectantly ... Inviting me to their church ... Asking me if there is someone

What if there's no one Should life stop?... I was speaking with an older friend of my who is 38 who remained single for 9 years before he best friend of many years popped the question... Point is she learned to live a content life knowing that she may not be blessed with marriage. She has her MBA, successful, beautiful and she had to wait a whole 9 years ( lwad cry )

My point is shoulnt we find piece in knowing that God may not have plans of marriage for us. So I have made a vow to put it out of my mind

2 Likes

Re: Random Thought: What If We Arent All Meant To Marry? by Tallesty1(m): 9:24am On Apr 09, 2017
And you had to create a thread for it? Why is our validation so important to you?

1 Like

Re: Random Thought: What If We Arent All Meant To Marry? by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 09, 2017
Marriage is overrated abd not for everybody. I still haven't seen a reason to WHY I should get married

3 Likes

Re: Random Thought: What If We Arent All Meant To Marry? by Nobody: 9:46am On Apr 09, 2017
Tallesty1:
And you had to create a thread for it? Why is our validation so important to you?

It's a discussion... No one forced you to participate

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Random Thought: What If We Arent All Meant To Marry? by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 09, 2017
lovelygurl:
Marriage is overrated abd not for everybody. I still haven't seen a reason to WHY I should get married

But don't you want a family? Build a legacy ... Pass on your genes... Companionship...
Re: Random Thought: What If We Arent All Meant To Marry? by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 09, 2017
It's alrighty, maybe in another life tongue

Re: Random Thought: What If We Arent All Meant To Marry? by luminouz(m): 9:58am On Apr 09, 2017
lovelygurl:
Iffa slapu eh? U want NL guys to become bobrisky abi? Change dat ur mind sharp sharp

1 Like

Re: Random Thought: What If We Arent All Meant To Marry? by luminouz(m): 9:59am On Apr 09, 2017
ZarZar:
It's alrighty, maybe in another life tongue
Not u again?!?
Re: Random Thought: What If We Arent All Meant To Marry? by FTBOY: 9:59am On Apr 09, 2017
at 28, it's getting too late for you. i mean, you're passing your prime.

that's what happens when you keep turning down marriage requests; and seeing all men as the same...as a result of heartbreaks. but you can still be a single parent if you want kids...or spend the rest of useful life in night clubs.
marriage is not meant for all, after all.

3 Likes

Re: Random Thought: What If We Arent All Meant To Marry? by luminouz(m): 10:00am On Apr 09, 2017
Pinkpetals:

But don't you want a family? Build a legacy ... Pass on your genes... Companionship...

Don't mind her jare!!!! Na fronting
BTW.....OP ur own man will locate u IJN!!!!!
Re: Random Thought: What If We Arent All Meant To Marry? by Nobody: 10:01am On Apr 09, 2017
FTBOY:

that's what happens when you keep turning down marriage requests; and seeing all men as the same...as a result of heartbreaks. but you can still be a single parent if you want kids...or spend the rest of useful life in night clubs.

What makes you think I even go to night clubs

So you can't think of anything more productive that I could have been focused on?

My mother was not a single parent why should I be...

2 Likes

Re: Random Thought: What If We Arent All Meant To Marry? by luminouz(m): 10:01am On Apr 09, 2017
FTBOY:

FTBOY? Future tense boy right? Coz I can't see how u knew all these about d OP unless r a prophet? Like Suleiman*rolling eyes*
Re: Random Thought: What If We Arent All Meant To Marry? by CoolFreeday(m): 10:01am On Apr 09, 2017
Our parents, The society and our culture put unnecessary pressure on people because of marriage. The pressure to me is not necessary. Life shouldn't be all about marriage, those that are married today are mostly managing their homes but not enjoying it, husbands and wives sleep outside with their lovers and yet young once are being pressurise to venture into it.

Making up your mind to live your life without worrying yourself over it will be a wonderful decision, if it will happen, it will definitely happen so why all the trouble, after all, you're just 28, you're too young for all the marriage pressure thing.
Happy weekend.

2 Likes

Re: Random Thought: What If We Arent All Meant To Marry? by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 09, 2017
luminouz:

Don't mind her jare!!!! Na fronting
BTW.....OP ur own man will locate u IJN!!!!!

I guess... It's tricky
Re: Random Thought: What If We Arent All Meant To Marry? by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 09, 2017
luminouz:

Not u again?!?

Lol, wanna save me from spinsterhood? Help me, mr! grin

Re: Random Thought: What If We Arent All Meant To Marry? by Nobody: 10:04am On Apr 09, 2017
CoolFreeday:
Our parents, The society and our culture put unnecessary pressure on people because of marriage. The pressure to me is not necessary. Life shouldn't be all about marriage, those that are married today are mostly managing their homes but not enjoying it, husbands and wives sleep outside with their lovers and yet young once are being pressurise to venture into it.

Making up your mind to live your life without worrying yourself over it will be a wonderful decision, if it will happen, it will definitely happen so why all the trouble, after all, you're just 28, you're too young for all the marriage pressure thing.
Happy weekend.

You are so right... I don't even think I'm ready undecided
Re: Random Thought: What If We Arent All Meant To Marry? by dacblogger: 10:05am On Apr 09, 2017
Dnt mind them dear,your husband will come...just be patient
Re: Random Thought: What If We Arent All Meant To Marry? by Lilymax(f): 10:05am On Apr 09, 2017
I feel the same way sometimes.
Especially when I see marriages that end in pain, conflict and abuse after a few years.
I wonder why some people bother with love, if it'll never last for them. undecided
Re: Random Thought: What If We Arent All Meant To Marry? by luminouz(m): 10:06am On Apr 09, 2017
ZarZar:

Lmao!!!!! Since u asked nicely!!! *Here come ur knight in shining armour*

Re: Random Thought: What If We Arent All Meant To Marry? by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 09, 2017
ZarZar:

LMAO you shoulda let me call snowie. He seems eager to help in that dept.
Re: Random Thought: What If We Arent All Meant To Marry? by luminouz(m): 10:08am On Apr 09, 2017
Pinkpetals:

I guess... It's tricky
If it is ur passion it will come to pass.......check my siggy!!!
Re: Random Thought: What If We Arent All Meant To Marry? by Nobody: 10:09am On Apr 09, 2017
dacblogger:
Dnt mind them dear,your husband will come...just be patient

I like your optimism.

But have you noticed the increasing rate of f*uck boys...

There is a declining rate of serious guy... Everything must be quick and easy sad
Re: Random Thought: What If We Arent All Meant To Marry? by Nobody: 10:10am On Apr 09, 2017
luminouz:

If it is ur passion it will come to pass.......check my siggy!!!

What is a siggy
Re: Random Thought: What If We Arent All Meant To Marry? by luminouz(m): 10:10am On Apr 09, 2017
Pinkpetals:

What is a siggy
Signature..... On profile
Re: Random Thought: What If We Arent All Meant To Marry? by Nobody: 10:11am On Apr 09, 2017
Lilymax:
I feel the same way sometimes.
Especially when I see marriages that end in pain, conflict and abuse after a few years.
I wonder why some people bother with love, if it'll never last for them. undecided

I know what you mean ... That's why I don't believe in rushing just for the sake of being married... That's when u suffer
Re: Random Thought: What If We Arent All Meant To Marry? by luminouz(m): 10:11am On Apr 09, 2017
Pinkpetals:

I like your optimism.

But have you noticed the increasing rate of f*uck boys...

There is a declining rate of serious guy... Everything must be quick and easy sad
N who made em fvckboiz if not d fvckgehs around who want everything fast n easy....
Re: Random Thought: What If We Arent All Meant To Marry? by luminouz(m): 10:13am On Apr 09, 2017
BUTCHCASSIDY:

LMAO you shoulda let me call snowie. He seems eager to help in that dept.
See me see aproko.....she didn't ask u nigga!!! She asked me!!!! shocked
Re: Random Thought: What If We Arent All Meant To Marry? by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 09, 2017
luminouz:

N who made em fvckboiz if not d fvckgehs around who want everything fast n easy....

But not every girl wants fast and easy...

It's just so common these days ... I can't settle for this
Re: Random Thought: What If We Arent All Meant To Marry? by luminouz(m): 10:13am On Apr 09, 2017
Pinkpetals:

But not every girl wants fast and easy...

It's just so common these days ... I can't settle for this
Ur one of d few sensible ones then
Re: Random Thought: What If We Arent All Meant To Marry? by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 09, 2017
luminouz:

See me see aproko.....she didn't ask u nigga!!! She asked me!!!! shocked
Yeah
The post wasnt addressing you either. So you're excused from my mentions thank you
Re: Random Thought: What If We Arent All Meant To Marry? by luminouz(m): 10:16am On Apr 09, 2017
BUTCHCASSIDY:

Yeah
The post wasnt addressing you either. So you're excused from my mentions thank you
Thank you too!!!!! grin grin
Re: Random Thought: What If We Arent All Meant To Marry? by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 09, 2017
luminouz:

Lmao!!!!! Since u asked nicely!!! *Here come ur knight in shining armour*

I learned a new phrase the other day-Any man na man tongue grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shameful Act! See What This Ladies Was Seen Doing In A Nightclub (!8+ Photos) / Igbo Girls So Often In Beauty Pageant..are Igbo Girls The Most Beautiful? / Meet Amou Haji, The World Dirtiest Man Who Hasn't Bathed In 67 Years (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.