Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,122 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. (65141 Views)

Ask That Girl For Her VIN Before Proposal And Marriage. Guy's Beware! (Pics) / Ladies Ask Any Question, First Guy To Nail It Earns An Exclusive PM From You / When A Woman Covers Her Face And Ask That Lights Be Turned Off During Intimacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by SmartMugu: 7:35am On Apr 12, 2017
nkemdi89:

For own safety and comfort, it's better than being beclouded by "love and lust" and later you will start helter skelter when your roof is on fire by then the scale covering your eyes would have removed.
I'm actually past that stage, but I was sure to avoid women that think like that before settling down.
I have a friend currently going through marital problems because his wife is notorious for digging into his life at every opportunity. I don't know of anyone that can cope with someone like that. I stopped going to his house when he told me his wife started running background checks on all his friends. It's apparent she has a problem she doesn't know, no one wants their lives scrutinized.
I had to let go of a girl I once dated in Nigeria when she started asking me certain questions because her mom needed the answers to do some traditional investigation about our compatibility. I simply can't stand people with fetish and investigative mindsets - it gets worse when they get closer to you.
I ended up with one that doesn't think that way at all, and enjoy my peace of mind.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by odehaj: 7:37am On Apr 12, 2017
SmartMugu:

OP, your topic started with "abroad", your story ended with "yankee". Where have you been to to concoct this nonsense, "abroad" or "yankee"? I asked because you sounded like you have no idea what "abroad" means and probably is hell bent on making some goro-chewing cats on nairaland feel like they're prettier and smarter than Beyonce, Alicia Keys, Taylor Swift etc,

Abeg, deal with ur problem wherever ure located.

If you are having problems with talking to girls wherever you are in any foreign country, you don't need TB Joshua to help you solve your problems. Stop discouraging people by saying all the crap you said above. Their problem is different from yours. Who knows if you're dealing with erectile disfunction? There you go trying to tell females to come to people like you and avoid others. Who wants to come to something that can't stand up as needed?

Na you suppose control ur idea, na ur idea dey control u. Abeg go si down.

the op must have hit you below the belt abi..?The guy is educating our Nigerian girls on how not to fall prey to wicked men using the language he knows and you went gaga on him. What brings out erectile matter here now?? Anyway, as you reading this, somewhere somehow 'marriage to an abroad guy is being arranged for another mugu',may God help them.
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by SmartMugu: 7:47am On Apr 12, 2017
odehaj:
the op must have hit you below the belt abi..?The guy is educating our Nigerian girls on how not to fall prey to wicked men using the language he knows and you went gaga on him. What brings out erectile matter here now?? Anyway, as you reading this, somewhere somehow 'marriage to an abroad guy is being arranged for another mugu',may God help them.
I just disagree with his points, and thought it might be a post from someone hurt when he lost his girl to someone abroad and chose to write something to show his hatred for folks living abroad.
I don't even know of people importing women from Nigeria anymore, most that did it ended up regretting the idea later in life. So, who has the time to explain credit profile, job history etc to a girl in Nigeria when everyone knows most of them would jump at the opportunity to relocate with you? How many girls in Nigeria even knows what credit worthiness means?

So Nigerian girls are supposed to choose someone that drives a 1992 Honda Accord to someone that drives a 2016 Lamborghini he can afford because the first person bought his '92 cash and the other person pays monthly? It doesn't even make any business sense, as long as neither her or her parents are paying the notes for me, what's her business and why should she ask that type of question?

Even companies in sane countries don't pay cash for their vehicles in sane countries, they lease them and make monthly payments. I makes absolute business sense, when u can turn in a vehicle and replace it with a newer one every year or two and never worry about a mechanic ever, versus being a mechanic'so regular customer with some '92 junk you paid cash for. Why tie up cash you could have used for something else? As rich as Trump is, I bet he still leases some of his vehicles.

Only extremely poor or stingy people think like that. And I'm supposed to relax and let some girl read me that script he just wrote for them? Heck no. Unless she's driving something better herself. You can't be getting around on a bike or marua and go around asking dudes if they're making payments on their car or they paid in cash. Is it your business? Did I ask you for the money? What does your dad drive? Those will be the questions on my mind.

I guess I was touched when I read that piece, for at least the past 8 years I've had cars financed. I turn them in and get a new one when I feel like it. Isn't that why we work? Ive walked into dealerships and left with any car i wanted without paying a dime, because my banks already pre-approved me for a certain loan limit. As long as the payment is within my budget, why tie up your savings you can start another business with because you don't want the banks to make a dime from you? Who wants to work and be stingy to himself and people around him? I'd avoid people with that type of mentality in a heartbeat. Those are the type of people that turn of all their appliances at home and stay in complete darkness because they want to save money on bills. What kind of life is that?

I disagree with the criteria he's suggesting for women. His writeup will probably breakup some relationships if the girl is that gullible to believe everything he said, who knows.

5 Likes

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by abbeyboy2o15(m): 7:53am On Apr 12, 2017
SmartMugu:

I just disagree with his points, and thought it might be a post from someone hurt when he lost his girl to someone abroad and chose to write something to show his hatred for folks living abroad.
I don't even know of people importing women from Nigeria anymore, most that did it ended up regretting the idea later in life. So, who has the time to explain credit profile, job history etc to a girl in Nigeria when everyone knows most of them would jump at the opportunity to relocate with you?
I just disagree with the criteria he's suggesting for women. His writeup will probably break some relationships if the girl is that gullible to believe everything he said, who knows.
let them understand, i taught am the only one that disagree wuth the op, because some of the point her do not relate to every individuals living abroad, and in credit it is needed, but how to use it wisely should be the issue not castigating it, the writer should not misinform others.
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by nkemdi89(f): 7:54am On Apr 12, 2017
SmartMugu:

I'm actually past that stage, but I was sure to avoid women that think like that before settling down.
I have a friend currently going through marital problems because his wife is notorious for digging into his life at every opportunity. I don't know of anyone that can cope with someone like that. I stopped going to his house when he told me his wife started running background checks on all his friends. It's apparent she has a problem she doesn't know, no one wants their lives scrutinized.
I had to let go of a girl I once dated in Nigeria when she started asking me certain questions because her mom needed the answers to do some traditional investigation about our compatibility. I simply can't stand people with fetish and investigative mindsets - it gets worse when they get closer to you.
I ended up with one that doesn't think that way at all, and enjoy my peace of mind.
You really won't know when it is done, even our parents started it, they will enquire about the persons background, kindred, village to know if some certain traditions they do is acceptable in their own place, to know if some certain ailments like epilepsy, madness and the likes runs in the family, in the east they look out for OSU and freeborn. Even witch craft and death too. When your record is clean you have nothing to fear, just like most guys will leave the shore of Nigeria going to Malaysia and Dubai without convincing you of any legitimate activities so because you want sleeping dog to lay you won't conduct enquiry. Marriage isn't a day affair na. So many women have exchanged their true love for all these foreign based just because they display affluence, at the run many are single, dead frustrated and even regretting it.
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by donestk(m): 8:01am On Apr 12, 2017
Kontinu investigating and getting old at home.

Ibo people have wahala.

nkemdi89:

You really won't know when it is done, even our parents started it, they will enquire about the persons background, kindred, village to know if some certain traditions they do is acceptable in their own place, to know if some certain ailments like epilepsy, madness and the likes runs in the family, in the east they look out for OSU and freeborn. Even witch craft and death too. When your record is clean you have nothing to fear, just like most guys will leave the shore of Nigeria going to Malaysia and Dubai without convincing you of any legitimate activities so because you want sleeping dog to lay you won't conduct enquiry. Marriage isn't a day affair na. So many women have exchanged their true love for all these foreign based just because they display affluence, at the run many are single, dead frustrated and even regretting it.
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by Nobody: 8:01am On Apr 12, 2017
godsluvee:
There is nothing special in living abroad undecided undecided

I once rejected a proposal because the guy lives abroad

Such a shame because he was so handsome cry cry

There is something special living in the western world if it works out well for you. You must have missed an opportunity. Nigeria is not a place to build your future. Things are so unstable. Living abroad affect your health, finances, spiritual level, etc positively. No basis for comparism

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by Eaugusta(f): 8:08am On Apr 12, 2017
NaWetinDey:
You are writing as if you are addressing responsible and god-fearing women, but no! You are a addressing a section of low-minded, ignorant, lazy and weak Nigerian women who are so empty and worldly to think that abroad is synonymous with paradise on earth. None of them cares if you sold your kidney or killed white men and women, steal your way into reaches or even peddle drugs to make money, as long as you can buy them iPhone and stuff and allow them fool themselves of Facebook, Instagram and all those places, then you are a boo for life. Forget these people.

You will not see the responsible and hard working ones, people like you will not even ask the responsible ones out because to you they are "Low Class". Tell me why u won't spill this when u r look for "Classy girls". I think guys should learn to look beyond outer beauty
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by drnoel: 8:15am On Apr 12, 2017
SirJeffry:
Everything I'm about to write down here is based on a family feud currently going on between a young man and his new wife here.

This young man has no steady job, lives a flamboyant life and post all kind of pictures on social media where he met the wife. I'm pained because the wife in question happens to be my town's girl and after hearing her side of the story, I was mad at her. Well, this is not the topic for today but let me give our sisters some advice here.
These are questions to ask before someone brings you here to suffer unnecessarily;

WHAT DO YOU DO ABROAD? Let him tell you where he works and possibly show you his work ID. If he tells you he's a biz man, watch him closely, that could be a red flag. I know there are genuine bizmen but most unserious and unemployable guys abroad pose as bizmen.

WHAT'S YOUR DEBT PROFILE? Generally in America, if you don't have some debts especially credit cards, you don't qualify for certain things but that doesn't mean one should live on credit.

IS THAT YOUR FLASHY CAR OWNED OR FINANCED? This may lead to you driving today and trekking tomorrow. Without a steady job, car financing coys may take back their car anytime there's a default in payment.

DO YOU LIVE ALONE? This is self explanatory.

WHAT'S YOUR TOTAL SAVINGS AMOUNT? I know this sounds odd but try to get an extimate by calculating the amount he saves monthly. Ask him jokingly if he saves for his future family. He should be more family oriented than friends oriented. "Too much sending my guys money at home" is a no no.

Lastly, if he doesn't personally come down for your wedding except with a very cogent reason maybe life threatening, he probably isn't a legal resident ie no green card or citizenship. In this case, you may likely stay longer in Nigeria until he gets his papers before you join him. Refuse such union because sometimes, he may be tangled with a lady here already for papers, a union he may not easily come out from.

If ladies do this simple research before accepting marriage proposals from obodo oyibo husbands, rate of domestic violence among Nigerians in the States will be at its minimum.

Yankee marriage is favourable to ladies who their husbands already made the ground running. They come to consolidate on their husband's achievements and prosper it more.

Now that's a master piece
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by jaybee3(m): 8:15am On Apr 12, 2017
SnowJay92:

So using the credit card more and being able to pay on time, increasing your limit? And having more limit increases your ability to get say mortgage approval for instance?

Using the credit card and never missing payments proves you are responsible borrower
Using credit cards with high available funds and keeping the balance low suggests you have little or no financial red flag

Mortgage approval is based on a combination of things:
1) Credit rating
2) Affordability

So to answer your question, your ability to access more credit via multiple credit cards will reduce your ability to access a large mortgage once they factor your salary into the equation. It's all about risk appetite for the banks

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by jaybee3(m): 8:22am On Apr 12, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Our politicians don't do mortgage. They just present a debit card and swipe the whole $400,000

Fiction of your imagination as it rarely works like that

PEP's (Politically exposed persons) usually go through a whole lot of web to hide stuff like that

Besides, you usually have to provide evidence of where the funds are coming when buying a house

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by jaybee3(m): 8:23am On Apr 12, 2017
Titilayooni:
goodmorning sire,i sent u a pm...i just want to ask you some questions off the thread..thank you

I await my own PM
tongue tongue tongue
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by jaybee3(m): 8:23am On Apr 12, 2017
tolutweety:

Ma'am ,

Pm?

Hell No!!!!
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by Lexusgs430: 8:24am On Apr 12, 2017
jaybee3:

Fiction of your imagination as it rarely works like that

PEP's (Politically exposed persons) usually go through a whole lot of web to hide stuff like that

Besides, you usually have to provide evidence of where the funds are coming when buying a house

It was said tongue n Cheek ........
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by omoharry(f): 8:25am On Apr 12, 2017
Tazdroid:
And that bobo no fit arrange beta lies for each of these questions??

Hmmm, by the way, all these questions are closely related to materialism. Na only money una dey find? Na gold diggers dey ask these kain yeye questions.
Its not about materialism but being honest about who you are without dragging a woman into a messed up life that the man has already created for himself

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by SmartMugu: 8:28am On Apr 12, 2017
nkemdi89:

Yeah, that's too much for someone like me to handle. That's why I settled down with someone whose family doesn't think that way at all.
Some men probably like all that investigative stuff done on them, just not me. If I'm involved with a lady, my main concern is the lady in question and her personality. It's not my problem if her brother is Osu, her sister is mad, her mom has epilepsy, her dad is in prison, her uncle is a pickpocket, her aunt is a prostitute etc. All that is not my problem as long as she don't have none of that going on with her and she has bright ambitions. So, I expect her to treat me same.
I definitely won't start anything with her if she has that 'dig deep' mentality, because she will end up digging deeper later and that's when life becomes hell for the man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by jaybee3(m): 8:32am On Apr 12, 2017
Lexusgs430:

It was said tongue n Cheek ........

Gotcha

I'm on steroids this morning fa tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by Lexusgs430: 8:33am On Apr 12, 2017
jaybee3:

Gotcha

I'm on steroids this morning fa tongue tongue tongue

Are you sure you have not overdosed ?
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by erico2k2(m): 8:35am On Apr 12, 2017
kimbra:
You said the gospel truth op. Those people live on credit card. Always working to pay off outstanding loans.

So if you love someone and they are in debt lives stops right ?
Jst so U know.America as a country are in debt.
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by jaybee3(m): 8:35am On Apr 12, 2017
Why should a potential partner focus on what they are likely to gain materially from the union though?

That's not marrying for love but for selfish interest

I'm still finding it hard to understand the point the OP is trying to make when it isn't like they are bringing equity to the table

Shior!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by jaybee3(m): 8:37am On Apr 12, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Are you sure you have not overdosed ?

Limitless threshold things na...Yesoooooo

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by abbeyty(m): 8:41am On Apr 12, 2017
ikp120:

Hmmm. What if you pick race and fly out of the country to another continent?

lol oh boy hope you are not planning to rob your credit card provider and pick race...cuz this your questions get as e be
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 12, 2017
Aystarz:

Bwahahaha... It would take a re-orientation of gigantic proportion to get our sisters to walk this particular talk o. Greed, and Fish brain things

Tell 'em brah
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by Lexusgs430: 8:49am On Apr 12, 2017
jaybee3:

Limitless threshold things na...Yesoooooo

I dey envy you o
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by vicardino(m): 9:01am On Apr 12, 2017
Ibadan ni mo wa o, ibadan ni mo re o,,,, omo ibadan, abeg send me that Toyota jeep behind u make I use dey do kabukabu here jare. No worry about d cost of clearing u hear? Ama clear it maself.
MsNas:

Speak for yourself and your acquaintances auntie. Not all of us live on credit cards. I have multiple credit cards, but I don't owe anything on them, neither do I pay interests. I use it to build my credit profile and creditworthiness and get some cool cash back from them. Like I said, speak for yourself and for the people you know and not for all of us. Wehdone
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 12, 2017
I don't have a boo angry

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by abbeyboy2o15(m): 9:14am On Apr 12, 2017
Joavid:
I don't have a boo angry
Get one .
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by jaybee3(m): 9:19am On Apr 12, 2017
Joavid:
I don't have a boo angry

We are available biko
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by Nobody: 9:34am On Apr 12, 2017
toyetade:

There is something special living in the western world if it works out well for you. You must have missed an opportunity. Nigeria is not a place to build your future. Things are so unstable. Living abroad affect your health, finances, spiritual level, etc positively. No basis for comparism
You are right. But that's just who I am. I wanna make impact in this country. I still believe that there is hope for this country

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by Cutie09(m): 9:37am On Apr 12, 2017
Total bullshit seriously smh. Asking such question is good but must tbat determine relationship? I think it's no no. Going uni in UK is expensive but you can get student loan when u finished you pay it back on the condition that you must be earning £30k or more a year you'll be paying back just 2% I think of your loan and after 30yrs it is write off. Secondly you need God credit rating to get anything like mortgage car etc so you buy stuff and pay instalmentaly imagine living in a house for 10 yrs paying rent to land Lord but you can get mortgage from bank live in the same house and the rent is seen as your loan payment. Best deal is finance car cause you can return it back and get another latest one.
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by Basfaq(m): 9:37am On Apr 12, 2017
Tazdroid:
And that bobo no fit arrange beta lies for each of these questions??

Hmmm, by the way, all these questions are closely related to materialism. Na only money una dey find? Na gold diggers dey ask these kain yeye questions.
You are the best of all comments, I gbadun die.lol grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Ladies, Your boyfriend Sends This Picture Message To You, What's He Implying? / Sleeping With Another Man's Wife. / Pre-Wedding Photos Of A Plus Size Lady & Her Man Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.