Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,267 members, 7,815,442 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. (65162 Views)

Ask That Girl For Her VIN Before Proposal And Marriage. Guy's Beware! (Pics) / Ladies Ask Any Question, First Guy To Nail It Earns An Exclusive PM From You / When A Woman Covers Her Face And Ask That Lights Be Turned Off During Intimacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by Cutie09(m): 9:38am On Apr 12, 2017
godsluvee:
You are right. But that's just who I am. I wanna make impact in this country. I still believe that there is hope for this country

You are wasting your time. Good luck though hope for Nigeria smh
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by Basfaq(m): 9:38am On Apr 12, 2017
princechurchill:
Lamentations​ of a home base
lol.home made quarries. grin
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by Basfaq(m): 9:41am On Apr 12, 2017
If you ask smart guy with correct good brain all these yeye question, forget you don't enter am be dat grin grin.
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by arnold123: 9:43am On Apr 12, 2017
SirJeffry:
Everything I'm about to write down here is based on a family feud currently going on between a young man and his new wife here.

This young man has no steady job, lives a flamboyant life and post all kind of pictures on social media where he met the wife. I'm pained because the wife in question happens to be my town's girl and after hearing her side of the story, I was mad at her. Well, this is not the topic for today but let me give our sisters some advice here.
These are questions to ask before someone brings you here to suffer unnecessarily;

WHAT DO YOU DO ABROAD? Let him tell you where he works and possibly show you his work ID. If he tells you he's a biz man, watch him closely, that could be a red flag. I know there are genuine bizmen but most unserious and unemployable guys abroad pose as bizmen.

WHAT'S YOUR DEBT PROFILE? Generally in America, if you don't have some debts especially credit cards, you don't qualify for certain things but that doesn't mean one should live on credit.

IS THAT YOUR FLASHY CAR OWNED OR FINANCED? This may lead to you driving today and trekking tomorrow. Without a steady job, car financing coys may take back their car anytime there's a default in payment.

DO YOU LIVE ALONE? This is self explanatory.

WHAT'S YOUR TOTAL SAVINGS AMOUNT? I know this sounds odd but try to get an extimate by calculating the amount he saves monthly. Ask him jokingly if he saves for his future family. He should be more family oriented than friends oriented. "Too much sending my guys money at home" is a no no.

Lastly, if he doesn't personally come down for your wedding except with a very cogent reason maybe life threatening, he probably isn't a legal resident ie no green card or citizenship. In this case, you may likely stay longer in Nigeria until he gets his papers before you join him. Refuse such union because sometimes, he may be tangled with a lady here already for papers, a union he may not easily come out from.

If ladies do this simple research before accepting marriage proposals from obodo oyibo husbands, rate of domestic violence among Nigerians in the States will be at its minimum.

Yankee marriage is favourable to ladies who their husbands already made the ground running. They come to consolidate on their husband's achievements and prosper it more.

any woman who does that is overbearing and it's like she wants to marry on her menopause day, in as far as the man didn't ask u for anything den don't ask silly questions

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by mctowel01: 9:55am On Apr 12, 2017
InvertedHammer:

Such is life. Folks are comfortable in their levels thinking they know it all. There was a big scandal few years back about a leak in Panama papers involving shell corporations. Who were the perperators? Millionaires and billionaires of the world. How many people living 9-5 know about shell corporations? They live paycheck to paycheck, able to afford some things and pretend they understand the world of finance, money and how it works.

Sometimes it is better to let them entertain themselves.
//
Oga pack well. What do you even know yourself. Forming king on Nairaland. We won't all live forever. Sometimes, not knowing somethings is ultimately beneficial to one's life. Thats wisdom. If people are happy, fulfilled and contended with their 9-5 careers, do yourself a favor, leave them and mind your own damn business. Not all 9-5 live paycheck to paycheck. Honestly, I won't even be surprised if you are a nobody in real life.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by ikp120(m): 10:11am On Apr 12, 2017
abbeyty:

lol oh boy hope you are not planning to rob your credit card provider and pick race...cuz this your questions get as e be
Hehehehehe grin grin grin.
No o. I was just trying to know what they've got up their sleeves in such a situation, because it's very likely gonna happen sha.
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by erico2k2(m): 10:15am On Apr 12, 2017
Cutie09:
Total bullshit seriously smh. Asking such question is good but must tbat determine relationship? I think it's no no. Going uni in UK is expensive but you can get student loan when u finished you pay it back on the condition that you must be earning £30k or more a year you'll be paying back just 2% I think of your loan and after 30yrs it is write off. Secondly you need God credit rating to get anything like mortgage car etc so you buy stuff and pay instalmentaly imagine living in a house for 10 yrs paying rent to land Lord but you can get mortgage from bank live in the same house and the rent is seen as your loan payment. Best deal is finance car cause you can return it back and get another latest one.
How do U get that loan when you are not a UK citezen ? And if you ate a UK citizen why would you wanna get a wife based in Nigeria ? See how both don't connect ?
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 12, 2017
I don't think it is about materialism. Although some questions are not necessary but I cannot discard question 1 and 3. Some ladies fall for the location and could care less about how he makes his money. Some ladies who want responsibile suitors will choose not to fall in love with an obodo oyinbo guy if they knew certain things like means of income or immigration status.

jaybee3:
Why should a potential partner focus on what they are likely to gain materially from the union though?

That's not marrying for love but for selfish interest

I'm still finding it hard to understand the point the OP is trying to make when it isn't like they are bringing equity to the table

Shior!!!!!
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by chibuzorAbia: 10:36am On Apr 12, 2017
mctowel01:

Oga pack well. What do you even know yourself. Forming king on Nairaland. We won't all live forever. Sometimes, not knowing somethings is ultimately beneficial to one's life. Thats wisdom. If people are happy, fulfilled and contended with their 9-5 careers, do yourself a favor, leave them and mind your own damn business. Not all 9-5 live paycheck to paycheck. Honestly, I won't even be surprised if you are a nobody in real life.

THANK YOU FOR THIS!

That guy got what he deserved!

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by chibuzorAbia: 10:39am On Apr 12, 2017
InvertedHammer:

Such is life. Folks are comfortable in their levels thinking they know it all. There was a big scandal few years back about a leak in Panama papers involving shell corporations. Who were the perperators? Millionaires and billionaires of the world. How many people living 9-5 know about shell corporations? They live paycheck to paycheck, able to afford some things and pretend they understand the world of finance, money and how it works.

Sometimes it is better to let them entertain themselves.
//

Mr big stuff!

So because you are shipping used cars from America to Nigeria (to so called 'elites' aka morons stealing the country dry) you think you can lecture people on Finance?

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by Cindino20(m): 10:47am On Apr 12, 2017
Schwartz:

Of course they live separately without the oyinbo wife knowing. Abroad, nobody 'takes care' of you. Everybody works to pay their bills. You both contribute finances. There is no housewife here. Even my former flatmate still married to a German woman went home to marry and I knew when he was making plans to bring in his naija wife. And the strategy for her to stay elsewhere and claim benefits.
What lie? Don't be silly. If you're ignorant of something own up to it and stop passing judgements on what you have absolutely no idea about.
There is a film Liz Benson acted in scenes were shot in Nigeria and abroad. She acted both as the mother of the man and the fiancée. She knew her son was married but they didn't as a family acknowledge the white woman. She then travelled and was living separately from her when she relocated. Its a film but the story is REAL. many people do it

Bros just for curiosity...how can someone who is legally married in country A to wife A file for marriage reunion for wife B to come to country A....

Hw is this remotely possible?

Will this not amount to Bigamy?

I await ur response.

AFAIK..this is nt possible and ur claim seems like a fairy tale.

NB: Marriage is diff from "baby mama and baby dada".

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by jaybee3(m): 10:48am On Apr 12, 2017
daretodiffer:
I don't think it is about materialism. Although some questions are not necessary but I cannot discard question 1 and 3. Some ladies fall for the location and could care less about how he makes his money. Some ladies who want responsibile suitors will choose not to fall in love with an obodo oyinbo guy if they knew certain things like means of income or immigration status.

Majority of the suggested questions won't necessarily provide valuable insight on the likelihood of them having a successful relationship

How do you even go about verifying the claims if you focus your attention on them?

Yes it's good to find out what he does but the onus is on you to pay attention to his/pattern as words alone don't go far in my books

How does a fancy car being owned/financed turn into a predictive measure used in determining the outcome of a potential union? Any smart person should realise spending habit is usually dictated by age and responsibilities or lack thereof. It's not unusual to see a 21 year old buying an expensive car whilst still living at home since his/her disposable income isn't necessarily dictated by the liabilities.

What's wrong with these sort of questions:

Where do you see yourself in a couple of years
Why didn't your last relationship work
What views do you have with marriage especially around finances
Are you comfortable with empowered women or prefer sit at home bimbos
et al

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 12, 2017
godsluvee:
You are right. But that's just who I am. I wanna make impact in this country. I still believe that there is hope for this country

Hopes in terms of electricity, quality education, good governance or efficient transportation network?

You are an economist. So you will understand what am about to say.

For every N100 FG earns N66 goes into servicing of debt and Buhari government wants to borrow more. where do they earn bulk of the money? : from oil revenue. What's the future projection of oil prices? : the projection is low oil prices because of oversupply from shale oil. How can a country with revenue less than Google inc build its key infrastructures?

What is the future of a country with enormous population that depends majorly on oil prices for its revenue and high profile debt ceiling? : Nigeria has no future. I strongly advise you to leave this country if you have the chance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by AimingIncognito(f): 10:54am On Apr 12, 2017
Ladies, BE SMART! I repeat: BE SMART.

The 3 compulsory-default questions in your "Getting to know you phase'' with any guy should be;

1. Are you married?
2. Is anyone married to you?
3. Please i'm begging you in the name of God, are you married?

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by ogbonti: 11:06am On Apr 12, 2017
Please girls should ask their BObo based in Nigeria these few questions before marrying them

1.when last did you have sex with a girl other than me since you met me?

2.have you contacted STD before and if so, what type of disease was it?

3. How long have you held a job?

4. How much bills do you pay? (You need to know if he is responsible, not just living in a family house)

5. Does your mother or sibblings control your thoughts and actions sometimes or all the time?

6. If I don't have a child yet for the first 3 years of marriage due to circumstances, will you mom throw me out?

7. If I can't have a male child, will you live with that reality and not marry another woman?

8. Are we going to have joint accounts so we can both be financially loyal to each other?

9. Are you going to assist me do some house chores so I don't break down trying to serve you like a king?

10. Do I deserve to be heard and not just seen when your family visits or we go to your family house?

PLEASE UNTIL A NIGERIAN BASED MAN ANSWER YOU THESE QUESTIONS, PLEASE DONT MARRY HIM. you want to demonize those of us living abroad? well the game is on, so let's play!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by jaybee3(m): 11:08am On Apr 12, 2017
AimingIncognito:
Ladies, BE SMART! I repeat: BE SMART.

The 3 compulsory-default questions in your "Getting to know you phase'' with any guy should be;

1. Are you married?
2. Is anyone married to you?
3. Please i'm begging you in the name of God, are you married?

That's IF marriage is your ultimate goal in life

Some people are perfectly comfortable just being in a loving relationship ya know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by AimingIncognito(f): 11:28am On Apr 12, 2017
jaybee3:

That's IF marriage is your ultimate goal in life

Some people are perfectly comfortable just being in a loving relationship ya know

How old are you?
I'm talking to people within a 'marriageable' age with 'marriage' as their ultimate goal before jumping into a relationship with someone who wants something else.
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by jaybee3(m): 11:31am On Apr 12, 2017
AimingIncognito:

How old are you?
I'm talking to people within a 'marriageable' age with 'marriage' as their ultimate goal before jumping into a relationship with someone who wants something else.

Probably Way older than you and i'm certain my exposure has enabled me see things differently.

Marriage isn't the ultimate and heck what's a marriagable age and who determines it?

Don't you think that's the nonsensical societal pressure that possibly makes these girls make mistakes that in turn warranted this thread?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by FireKing: 11:33am On Apr 12, 2017
Why will u want a guy to tell u his financial worth. .... .. Is it becos of his money u wan marry d guy... .. Oh girl think well. Most of u girls hav a BIG PROBLEM cos guys wey dey nija here go love u & want both of u to marry n huzzle all u hear nija babe go tell u Pls Pls Pls i can't date a broke nigga becos he is truthful cos him no lie giv u say my dad na Dangote. Girls loves wayward rich guys than d struggling responsible guys who are trying to becom somebody. .... So girls try to be patients wit guys cos not only wen there is PLENTY MONEY to spend na him u go dey stay around. ADVICE UR MAN, SUPPORT HIM, ENCOURAGE HIM, LOV HIM, BE PROUD OF HIM & HUZZLE WIT HIM IF ONLY D GUY IS SERIOUS TOO. .. .. .. .. love u all one love

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by InvertedHammer: 11:33am On Apr 12, 2017
chibuzorAbia:

Mr big stuff!

So because you are shipping used cars from America to Nigeria (to so called 'elites' aka morons stealing the country dry) you think you can lecture people on Finance?

LOL

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by nkemdi89(f): 11:55am On Apr 12, 2017
donestk:
Kontinu investigating and getting old at home.

Ibo people have wahala.

Now you are directing it at me, please keep that tribal stuff off my mention, I was talking in general so don't take it personal, I don't know why most of you find it difficult to comprehend simple things. Everyone on this forum must definitely come from the three you think? Think outside the box please.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by AimingIncognito(f): 11:58am On Apr 12, 2017
jaybee3:

Probably Way older than you and i'm certain my exposure has enabled me see things differently.

Marriage isn't the ultimate and heck what's a marriagable age and who determines it?

Don't you think that's the nonsensical societal pressure that possibly makes these girls make mistakes that in turn warranted this thread?

Okay bro, now i feel your pain.
I'm not gonna start a nasty argument on a faceless forum, if you would like to express your "team-single-till-i-die-is-the-way-of-life-rule'', kindly take it up with the OP

Like i saidwrote earlier,i feel your pain brother, we've all been there. All the best. Please note the word is spelt It is 'marriageable'
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by jaybee3(m): 12:07pm On Apr 12, 2017
AimingIncognito:

Okay bro, now i feel your pain.
I'm not gonna start a nasty argument on a faceless forum, if you would like to express your "team-single-till-i-die-is-the-way-of-life-rule'', kindly take it up with the OP

Like i saidwrote earlier,i feel your pain brother, we've all been there. All the best. Please note the word is spelt It is 'marriageable'

We don't have to engage in nasty arguments na.

So here is a background Info about me.. I'm happily married with a wonderful 10 year boy BUT i've met enough women that doesn't share the traditional views about marriage. You will agree that there isn't a one size fits all approach to love right?
That's the point i'm trying to make you see

Marriage is good no doubt but it doesn't guarantee happiness if that's the desired end result

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by AimingIncognito(f): 12:10pm On Apr 12, 2017
jaybee3:

We don't have to engage in nasty arguments na.

So here is a background Info about me.. I'm happily married with a wonderful 10 year boy BUT i've met enough women that doesn't share the traditional views about marriage. You will agree that there isn't a one size fits all approach to love right?
That's the point i'm trying to make you see

Marriage is good no doubt but it doesn't guarantee happiness if that's the desired end result

Ohh, now i understand where you are coming from. Eeya,accept my sympathy sad
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by jaybee3(m): 12:14pm On Apr 12, 2017
AimingIncognito:

Ohh, now i understand where you are coming from. Eeya,accept my sympathy sad

You are still making wrong assumptions

Phew!!!

Must you be one dimensional?

Just run along abeg
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by AimingIncognito(f): 12:31pm On Apr 12, 2017
jaybee3:

You are still making wrong assumptions

Phew!!!

Must you be one dimensional?

Just run along abeg

Carry your wahala and go tongue
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by jaybee3(m): 12:33pm On Apr 12, 2017
AimingIncognito:

Carry your wahala and go tongue
I wan carry am follow you jor

Let's debate this ish now

Oya abegiiiiii
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by openmyway: 12:36pm On Apr 12, 2017
Tazdroid:
And that bobo no fit arrange beta lies for each of these questions??

Hmmm, by the way, all these questions are closely related to materialism. Na only money una dey find? Na gold diggers dey ask these kain yeye questions.
one of them sighted.weldon sir.
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by AimingIncognito(f): 12:41pm On Apr 12, 2017
jaybee3:

I wan carry am follow you jor

Let's debate this ish now

Oya abegiiiiii

Not me and you, go with ur wahala

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by jaybee3(m): 12:54pm On Apr 12, 2017
AimingIncognito:

Not me and you, go with ur wahala

Oya no vex jor

Come back hia tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Sleeping With Another Man's Wife. / Pre-Wedding Photos Of A Plus Size Lady & Her Man Goes Viral / This Togolese 'sugar Baby' Gets £2.5k Monthly To Keep 60-yr-old Doctor Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.