Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,449 members, 7,850,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:47 AM

What Can You Not Forgive Your Spouse? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Can You Not Forgive Your Spouse? (1735 Views)

Can You Forgive Your Girlfriend Or Fiancee If She Did Dis To You / Will You Forgive Your Fiancee If She Did This?? / Can U Forgive Your Wife If She Has Another Man's Baby? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can You Not Forgive Your Spouse? by deemple: 4:19pm On Jan 02, 2010
The topic says it all. I don't think there's something I really can't forgive my spouse, though may not forget in a haste. Does not forgetting mean dat one hasn't really forgiven?
Re: What Can You Not Forgive Your Spouse? by Akebulan: 4:59pm On Jan 02, 2010
I cant get over infidelity and abuse. I dont have a spouse, but if I did, I would never be able to get over infidelity and abuse. I think that it takes alot to abuse a person. You dont ever abuse a person you love/respect. There is this sort of respect (i find it difficult to explain but its very similar to what you have for a parent; you love them so much, you become almost fearful of the person) that you have for a partner that prevents you from harming them even when you have the opportunity to, and when they have done you wrong.

So, to me, everything is forgivable. I would always forgive because to forgive, is to release yourself from the burden that the pain holds. But I cant get over it. The relationship would have to be over.
Re: What Can You Not Forgive Your Spouse? by deluxecad(m): 6:31pm On Jan 02, 2010
Word! But infidelity go hard for me o after all d good things I've done 4 her?!
Re: What Can You Not Forgive Your Spouse? by Gabry(f): 6:32pm On Jan 02, 2010
If he abuse my teddies, I will never forgive him ever!!!!! angry
Re: What Can You Not Forgive Your Spouse? by yme1(f): 6:35pm On Jan 02, 2010
if he says this "falling in love with you is the worst thing that ever happened to me" DEATH shocked shocked
Re: What Can You Not Forgive Your Spouse? by cantell(m): 7:50pm On Jan 02, 2010
Sleeping with my best friend or friends, or dropping STDs on me.
Re: What Can You Not Forgive Your Spouse? by mamagee3(f): 8:00pm On Jan 02, 2010
Cheating with my sister! angry angry
Re: What Can You Not Forgive Your Spouse? by RecentPost: 9:08pm On Jan 02, 2010
cheating!
Re: What Can You Not Forgive Your Spouse? by Kelvinj(m): 9:20pm On Jan 02, 2010
Cheating & decite
Re: What Can You Not Forgive Your Spouse? by elecktra(f): 10:49pm On Jan 02, 2010
if he hits me angry angry angry imma go real mad nd kill him
Re: What Can You Not Forgive Your Spouse? by deluxecad(m): 9:49am On Jan 03, 2010
@Kevinj: which one 'be decite'? Nawa o!
Re: What Can You Not Forgive Your Spouse? by idmoore(m): 10:04am On Jan 03, 2010
I can never 4give my spouse 4 promiscuity or infidelity eventhough i forgive her my mind wil neva 4get it forever, so d best is let her go.
Re: What Can You Not Forgive Your Spouse? by humblemate(m): 10:31am On Jan 03, 2010
There is nothing that I can't forgive, but that is, if it's done once; If it goes on as a habit or done repeatedly, I'm quite sure my spirit will not accept it.
Re: What Can You Not Forgive Your Spouse? by coolier(f): 11:04am On Jan 03, 2010
"To err is human, to forgive divine". There's nothing I cannot forgive him but some things I would never forget.
Re: What Can You Not Forgive Your Spouse? by freecocoa(f): 3:57pm On Jan 03, 2010
I tink i can 4gve him abt anytin xcept him murderin me.
Re: What Can You Not Forgive Your Spouse? by deluxecad(m): 4:15pm On Jan 03, 2010
freecocoa:

I tink i can 4gve him abt anytin xcept him murderin me.

ROFL cheesy

Where will u be to do d forgiving if he murders u? Funny pple.

grin grin
Re: What Can You Not Forgive Your Spouse? by yme1(f): 4:20pm On Jan 03, 2010
coolier:

"To err is human, to forgive divine". There's nothing I cannot forgive him but some things I would never forget.
no insult here but please give me a break
do you know it is easier said than done undecided
Re: What Can You Not Forgive Your Spouse? by deluxecad(m): 1:39pm On Jan 04, 2010
coolier:

Would you forgive him if you caught him in the act on your matrimonial bed with some slut?
Re: What Can You Not Forgive Your Spouse? by iice(f): 2:26pm On Jan 04, 2010
Deceit
Re: What Can You Not Forgive Your Spouse? by ancel(m): 3:35am On Jan 05, 2010
Inexculpation tongue

i.e. I will not forgive her for not forgiving me because I refused to forgive her when she didn't forgive me. shocked shocked shocked

LOL Just kidding. I dunno, but I guess I will always forgive her as long as she is ready to make necessary adjustments and a 360o change for the better.

P.S. Forgiving her no-matter-what will be the insurance against the future in case I mess up really bad too. Don't say I told you, but I did wink
Re: What Can You Not Forgive Your Spouse? by GL(f): 6:25am On Jan 05, 2010
humblemate:

There is nothing that I can't forgive, but that is, if it's done once; If it goes on as a habit or done repeatedly, I'm quite sure my spirit will not accept it.

same here
Re: What Can You Not Forgive Your Spouse? by H2O2: 6:36am On Jan 05, 2010
Nothing? You guys must be kidding or you must be gods or something.

Anything that leaves me direly vulnerable and betrayed.
Re: What Can You Not Forgive Your Spouse? by ancel(m): 6:39am On Jan 05, 2010
@H2O2: shocked Like Samson and Delilah? grin grin grin
Re: What Can You Not Forgive Your Spouse? by H2O2: 6:41am On Jan 05, 2010
If you kill except in self defense or accidentally I can never forgive you enough to take you back

if you, my spouse, intentionally cause me physical harm i can't forgive you. you will make me paranoid everytime i am around you.  I cannot trust you.
Re: What Can You Not Forgive Your Spouse? by chiogo(f): 6:43am On Jan 05, 2010
Physical abuse, I guess.  undecided

Forgiving and forgetting are two different things though. You can forgive and not be with them, which means you haven't forgotten.
Re: What Can You Not Forgive Your Spouse? by H2O2: 6:44am On Jan 05, 2010
ancel:

@H2O2: shocked Like Samson and Delilah? grin grin grin
That's an exceptional example.  Even God warned us severally and consistently about deceitful women- vis-a-vis.
Re: What Can You Not Forgive Your Spouse? by OgidiBoy(m): 6:46am On Jan 05, 2010
I can never forgive my spouse if she disrespect my mom in my house.
Re: What Can You Not Forgive Your Spouse? by H2O2: 6:48am On Jan 05, 2010
Awesome topic.  I can't wait to add more.

OgidiBoy:

I can never forgive my spouse if she disrespect my mom in my house.
That's a good one.  I can forgive it once but not twice LOL. Something about us Naija dudes and our moms.  My mom should not humiliate my wife either.
Re: What Can You Not Forgive Your Spouse? by FMK(m): 6:53am On Jan 05, 2010
i cant forgive her  if she  refuses to give me   wink grin
Re: What Can You Not Forgive Your Spouse? by OgidiBoy(m): 6:53am On Jan 05, 2010
H2O2:

Awesome topic.  I can't wait to add more.
That's a good one.  I can forgive it once but not twice LOL. Something about us Naija dudes and our moms.  My mom should not humiliate my wife either.

Once is even too much for me, my house belongs to my Mom and if my spouse should ever try it, she'll have to GO. If she can disrespect my mom in my house only God know what else she can do.
Re: What Can You Not Forgive Your Spouse? by GL(f): 7:01am On Jan 05, 2010
H2O2:

Nothing?  You guys must be kidding or you must be gods or something.

grin okay, here it comes:
i can't forgive a guy who rapes anyone, because i'd begin to fear for my kids' safety.
i can't forgive a guy who kills intentionally except in self defense.
i can't forgive a guy who gives me STDs.
i can't forgive a guy who abuses me or my kids repeatedly (it would even be difficult to forgive the first instance).
i can't forgive a guy who intentionally embarrasses me in public repeatedly.
i can't forgive a guy who repeatedly shows a lack of respect for me.
i can't forgive a guy who is so jealous/obsessive he tries to control my life (but we won't even go beyond a few dates)
i can't forgive a guy who cheats on me with a maid, anyone in my employment, or my relative.
i would find it very hard to forgive a guy who cheats on me and lies when i ask about it (but i might be able to forgive eventually).
Re: What Can You Not Forgive Your Spouse? by H2O2: 7:08am On Jan 05, 2010
INFIDELITY - I can't overcome the betrayal of trust. Also makes me feel like our commitment was vain. Even if I maybe forgive you, I won't be able to forget and that alone will cripple our relationship because I will hound you about it.

No need to apologize either. I won't wait for an apology.
Most apologies are done to relieve a bogged down conscience or out of compulsion and not necessarily out of sincerity. Even if you tender a heartfelt apology, I would be too disgusted by your presence to continue to live with you or be around you. Moreover, I won't be able to forgive myself if I forgive you and it happens again. Fooled once shame on me, fooled twice the joke's on me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I'm In Luv With My Boss's Girl - Am I Nuts? / What Do U Think I Shud Do Right Now? / She Lied I Was HIV +ve To Family To Call Of Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.