Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better (14972 Views)

Peter Obi And Osita Chidoka, Are Secessionists~ Kayode Ogundamisi Declares / Give Me Proof That Igbos Are Supporting Atiku. / Senator Shehu Sani Has A Question For Secessionists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by GuntersChain(m): 7:51am On Jul 18, 2017
the only constant thing in life is change, india pakistan, Czech Republic + Slovakia = Czechoslovakia (divided in 1991) Estonia + Latvia + Lithuania + Ukraine + Russia + Uzbekistan + Kazakhstan + Belarus + Azerbaijan + Georgia + Tajikistan + Moldova + Kyrgyzstan + Turkmenistan + Armenia = the Soviet Union (collapsed in 1991) Bosnia and Herzegovina + Croatia + Macedonia + Serbia and Montenegro + Slovenia = Yugoslavia (now independent countries) Serbia and Montenegro = Serbia + Montenegro (divided in 2006) Sudan = South Sudan and North Sudan (2011) Netherlands Antilles = Aruba + Curacao + Sint Maarten + Bonaire + Saba (independent since 2010)

6 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by chimeee: 9:00am On Jul 18, 2017
MrMaestro:
First and foremost, Nigeria has some of the most developed highways and roadways in all of Africa. That's just a fact.

But I'll tell you why we are still struggling to realize our potential, because we are tribal, and haven't gotten over being tribal. We vote due to tribality, we act due to tribality, and we elected presidents with no sense. Buhari was elected. No disrespect to him, but he's a uneducated buffoon that has absolutely no business running a 21st century country. Yet when I brought up the need to elect educated and smart leaders, people argued against that saying education is not relevant for presidency. The people. It all starts with the people.

Look if you as a people cannot crate and elect leaders to lead Nigeria forward now. You are idiotic to think you can do so simply by changing the name of a land mass. The same people that voted for the poor and corruptible leaders in each of the geopolitical zones, are the same people that will vote for the new leaders in their countries. If their decision-making on who are better leaders and who are not haven't changed, then what the heck would be the difference?
thanks for recognizing the fact that leaders are elected in this country based on tribalism, irrespective of competency, we also know that there are region in the country that their chances of becoming leader of the country is very slim because of tribalism even though the person they brought out maybe the best man for the job,what are talking about, tribalism is the major reason why the system will not work and the truth is that hundred year from Nigeria it will be worst, because some people can never learn.

1 Like

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by Warship: 9:05am On Jul 18, 2017
chimeee:
thanks for recognizing the fact that leaders are elected in this country based on tribalism, irrespective of competency, we also know that there are region in the country that their chances of becoming leader of the country is very slim because of tribalism even though the person they brought out maybe the best man for the job,what are talking about, tribalism is the major reason why the system will not work and the truth is that hundred year from Nigeria it will be worst, because some people can never learn.

God bless you

That is why Nigeria should go the way to Soviet Union
Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by xelly: 12:11pm On Jul 18, 2017
freshest4live:

All of these things can be taken care of without secession.

Let it be taken care of let's see if succession will have a voice.

4 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by Tampinu(m): 12:45pm On Jul 18, 2017
xelly:

Let it be taken care of let's see if succession will have a voice.

We need to look back before we can effectively know where we are coming from.
The situation is bad because we have not honoured the teachings of the King. shocked

His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Haile Selassie I of Ethopia (Prince of Peace, Lion of Judah, Defender of the Faith) did meet with the various parties and instructed them regarding the question of cessession. History will tell that both the Ojukwu side and the 'Nigerian govt' side have failed miserably and woefully in implementing the Emperor's teachings and instructions.

Nigeria is not the only country that the King advised regarding the matter and photos below show some of the King's interventions in Africa...
Have we effectively carried out the King's orders? What are King's instructions to Ojukwu? And to the Nigerian side?

soon come (to be continued...)

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by Warship: 1:32pm On Jul 18, 2017
Tampinu:

We need to look back before we can effectively know where we are coming from.
The situation is bad because we have not honoured the teachings of the King. shocked

His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Haile Selassie I of Ethopia (Prince of Peace, Lion of Judah, Defender of the Faith) did meet with the various parties and instructed them regarding the question of cessession. History will tell that both the Ojukwu side and the 'Nigerian govt' side have failed miserably and woefully in implementing the Emperor's teachings and instructions.

Nigeria is not the only country that the King advised regarding the matter and photos below show some of the King's interventions in Africa...
Have we effectively carried out the King's orders? What are King's instructions to Ojukwu? And to the Nigerian side?

soon come (to be continued...)

What did the king tell Ojukwu.?

Take note that we are no longer interested in sharing same country with you.

1 Like

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by Tampinu(m): 1:49pm On Jul 18, 2017
Warship:

Take note that we are no longer interested in sharing same country with you.

Well, it's worth a google...Let's discuss afterwards.

But at least u are still interested in sharing the earth with us? shocked
Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by Warship: 1:51pm On Jul 18, 2017
Tampinu:

Well, it's worth a google...Let's discuss afterwards.
But at least u are still interested in sharing the earth with us? shocked

Sharing the earth with high wall boundaries to keep away herdsmen like you

1 Like

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by Tampinu(m): 1:53pm On Jul 18, 2017
Warship:

Sharing the earth with high wall boundaries to keep away herdsmen like you

Fair enough, you may need to work with Trump to gain some experience in that regard. grin
Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by Warship: 2:07pm On Jul 18, 2017
Tampinu:

Fair enough, you may need to work with Trump to gain some experience in that regard. grin

You can ask the South Koreans how they did it against the North Koreans

1 Like

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by Tampinu(m): 2:12pm On Jul 18, 2017
Warship:

You can ask the South Koreans how they did it against the North Koreans

You can ask the East Germans how they did it with the West Germans grin
Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by Warship: 2:16pm On Jul 18, 2017
Tampinu:

You can ask the East Germans how they did it with the West Germans grin

The East Germans were under Soviet Union occupation unlike the North Koreans

The West Germans wanted reunification with their East German people unlike South Koreans who aren't interested in reunification under a communist system

3 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by juman(m): 3:14pm On Jul 18, 2017
One nigeria is a waste of time.

It makes no sense.

1 Like

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by Tampinu(m): 3:20pm On Jul 18, 2017
juman:
One nigeria is a waste of time.

It makes no sense.

Half Nigeria is no good idea, Last time I checked, One was still better than half grin

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by juman(m): 3:23pm On Jul 18, 2017
Tampinu:

Half Nigeria is no good idea, One is still better than half grin

grin grin

One nigeria is a failure.

Its not good idea to remain as one.

I really desire nigeria separated.

3 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by Tampinu(m): 3:30pm On Jul 18, 2017
juman:

grin grin

One nigeria is a failure.

Its not good idea to remain as one.

I really desire nigeria separated.

If wishes were Horse.beggers would ride! cheesy
Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by juman(m): 3:36pm On Jul 18, 2017
Tampinu:

If wishes were Horse.beggers would ride! cheesy

one nigeria will surely be history insha Allahu.

You will see.

This is a country with always bad "leaders".

APC are mad people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by Tampinu(m): 3:38pm On Jul 18, 2017
juman:

one nigeria will surely be history insha Allahu.

You will see.

This is a country with always bad "leaders".

APC are mad people.

I guess there are good and bad people in all walks of life, not only in certain political parties.
Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by juman(m): 3:41pm On Jul 18, 2017
Tampinu:

I guess there are good and bad people in all walks of life, not only in certain political parties.

APC people are not fit to be in aso rock.

They deserve to run things at state level.

Federal level is above them.
Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by Tampinu(m): 3:50pm On Jul 18, 2017
juman:

APC people are not fit to be in aso rock.

They deserve to run things at state level.

Federal level is above them.

I think there are posts regarding political parties.
This particular thread we are on is more to do with keeping Nigeria together.

Peace
Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by melodyogonna(m): 8:19pm On Jul 19, 2017
Tampinu:

Then when you get Biafra, another Town in Biafra will claim they wana break free too and so it goes on and on until each Village becomes a "Nation", Innit? shocked
is that a crime??, hw is it ur problem na??

2 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by Tampinu(m): 8:21pm On Jul 19, 2017
Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by Syphonn(m): 8:41am On Aug 31, 2017
The People's Democratic Party (PDP) have made a move to woo Aliko Dangote as its presidential candidate
Dangote is expected to contest the 2019 presidential elections under the PDP platform. There are indications that the People's Democratic Party (PDP) could be setting up for Africa's richest man Aliko Dangote for his 2019 presidential campaigns.

more at www.busygisting.com
Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by kudostim(m): 9:08am On Sep 19, 2017
MrMaestro:

I'm guessing of the secession groups, you're promoting IPOB. So my question to you is, what proof do you have, that says Nigeria is BETTER split, than as Nigeria now. What would Biafra or any other split country from nigeria do, to make them greater than Nigeria. It's a simple question. Answer it.
It is obvious that the north is drawing we southern backward...we all know each region have different values and two ppl with different values trying to journey togather will definitely slow each other down...for instance the north says Boko is Haram.. But south west says Boko is the way... And South east says hustle is the way. So u see how three drivers with different destinations in mind trying to drive same vehicle

3 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by proffc: 10:32pm On Sep 30, 2017
Gbayi!!!

MrMaestro:

So no proof. Good attempt to redirect the topic because you have no answer. Unfortunately for you, we've all seen your type. And it doesn't work anymore. If you can't contribute intellectually, just don't post.
Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by Patrick07: 11:39pm On Nov 25, 2017
Every of your witten reason seems to be centred on the Nigerian factor, now if i may ask, what about the aerage living standard of the common man, you see it is actually the people that matters not the country. If Nigeria is serious about getting better, they should start thinking about the people first

3 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by sensecementary(m): 4:36pm On Feb 02, 2018
sincerely Nigeria is guaranteed through this wonderful song from Vera
she's Already eyeing the Grammy with this hit song
what are we waiting for lets increase her chances of winning massively
by clicking to watch her video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NstZ5-ZGai0

wow finally the artist we've all being waiting for
that can win Grammy internationally for Nigeria Has Emerge
what are we waiting for lets increase his chances of winning massively
by just clicking to watch his video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxAQYHcEz94

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by oooduancalmdown: 5:31pm On Feb 02, 2018
proffc:
Gbayi!!!

Gbayi kor gboyi ni. Has your country improved since the OP opened this thread 10 months ago? Be deceiving yourself ok?
Oshi!

1 Like

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by manny4life(m): 6:44pm On Feb 02, 2018
MrMaestro:

I'm guessing of the secession groups, you're promoting IPOB. So my question to you is, what proof do you have, that says Nigeria is BETTER split, than as Nigeria now. What would Biafra or any other split country from nigeria do, to make them greater than Nigeria. It's a simple question. Answer it.

This is an idiotic question: U.S. is bigger than Qatar, Monaco, etc but their GDP per capita is the highest in the world. Why does Biafra has to be greater in GDP size than Nigeria? Even with your GDP size, are you better in wealth than South Africa?

2 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by Nobody: 6:46pm On Feb 02, 2018
MrMaestro:
Not opinion, not fantasy, not hateful tribalistic comments. Give me hard, and factual proof with sources , as to how exactly any country split from Nigeria will be better than Nigeria. Its a very simple question. I want answers.

Let's recap,

1. Nigeria has Africa's Largest GDP: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_African_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)

2. Nigeria has the largest amount of internet users: http://answersafrica.com/africa-internet-usage-statistics.html

3. Nigeria has the second largest film industry in the world: http://fortune.com/2015/06/24/nollywood-movie-industry/

4. Nigeria has the largest music industry in africa (I don't even need to cite this. http://www.africanbusinesscentral.com/2016/10/24/the-boom-in-africas-music-industry-continues/)

5. Nigerians own 2 of the top 3 spot of richest men in Africa (everyone else in top 5 is white): https://www.forbes.com/africa-billionaires/list/#tab:overall

So again, i'm open to discussion. Give me hard, and factual proof with sources, how a spilt country would be better than Nigeria. Its a very simple question. Answer the question below Don't derail, or change the subject, just answer the question.
Biafra was producing cars, bombs, rifles, refining crude oil, etc etc.

Now Nigger-Area struggles to produce toothpick

3 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:49pm On Feb 02, 2018
jumobi1:

And it will remain so if the south secedes and becomes one country. Who cares about GDP? It's GDP per capita. Who cares about 2 billionaires? Split and we have one anyways and the source of the other one's wealth becomes strained. Nollywood and the music is based in the south. Who internet users epp? Im sure most of the users are in the south anyways.

We need to diversify our economy and have states control their resources if we want to be better as one Nigeria.
who is holding you from diversifying

1 Like

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:58pm On Feb 02, 2018
stonemasonn:
Oduduwa republic should do better than a united Nigeria.

* Accommodating and religious tolerant.
[/quote]
So are all regions

* Seasoned Technocrats and highly skilled laborers

Who are all jobless and useless outside of structured employment paradigm

* High literacy level (can be better)
See above

* Fertile land
All refuse to enter farm

* Access to the sea
All afraid of water and refuse to fish

* population (at least 30million)
Lichtenstein are less than 80 thousand yet more viable than odua

[quote]
Yorubas can be the Germany of Africa slowly and steadily. Does not need oil and gas to grow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ambode Gives Quit Notice To Property Owners Blocking Drainage Channels In Lagos / Jonathan Fires DG Of BPE / PDP Schedule Of Activities For Anambra Governorship Election 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.