Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

"Jesus Is Coming Soon" – Chris Oyakhilome - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Jesus Is Coming Soon" – Chris Oyakhilome (43552 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Exercising With His Church Members (Photos) / Jesus is coming soon. This thread is for faithful watchmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Jesus Is Coming Soon" – Chris Oyakhilome by costandi(m): 11:14pm On Apr 23, 2017
seguno2:

Can you answer the question about Apostle Paul's poverty materially despite the verse that you quoted?
Are you capable of answering?
Or are you incapable?
Despite the fact that the question doesn't require an answer because the word of God is clear and unadultrated. I would require that a scriptural backing be posed to substantiate this ridiculous claim of yours.
Re: "Jesus Is Coming Soon" – Chris Oyakhilome by donnie(m): 11:14pm On Apr 23, 2017
Bollinger:

I am more dumbfounded by your lack of grasp of reality. In this day and age fa. The truth is religion is of taken to the levels we see in places like Nigeria. Poverty stricken societies. And or with people who are old and are afraid of death, or are facing adversities that they cannot handle. I guarantee you, if you were probably born in Germany, you would be singing a different tune right now grin.

Forget that thing. Everything about my life was orchestrated by the Lord who called me by his grace. This our gospel is growing even in those nations and by the grace of God, it will prevail.
Re: "Jesus Is Coming Soon" – Chris Oyakhilome by henry4dlord: 11:16pm On Apr 23, 2017
Jess is coming sooner than expected o. Repent my people

1 Like

Re: "Jesus Is Coming Soon" – Chris Oyakhilome by seguno2: 11:16pm On Apr 23, 2017
donnie:
I mean how many lives have you impacted positively?

So many in the example of the early Christians.
Re: "Jesus Is Coming Soon" – Chris Oyakhilome by donnie(m): 11:17pm On Apr 23, 2017
smiley
Re: "Jesus Is Coming Soon" – Chris Oyakhilome by hush15: 11:18pm On Apr 23, 2017
seguno2:

Please provide Biblical reference for this:

Thanks

I don't understand, who will ever assume that Jesus was poor or his disciple were cos I didn't see that in the bible.

Jesus was never poor though bible never mention he was wealthy either. He doesn't need to be, he could turn water to wine, he could heal the sick, feed thousands and nobody that came in contact with him then remained the same. He didn't need to be wealthy, he is the source of wealth. No wonder the psalmist said " the Lord is my shepherd, i shall not want" psalm 23:1. So why would anyone phantom as a Christian or a pastor, you have to live poor?

I don't understand

God's plan for his us is to be prosperous, even in health showing forth his beauty and grace and I am what God says I am, have what He says I have and can do what he says I can do. Any contrary opinion is irrelevant

3 Likes

Re: "Jesus Is Coming Soon" – Chris Oyakhilome by seguno2: 11:19pm On Apr 23, 2017
costandi:
Despite the fact that the question doesn't require an answer because the word of God is clear and unadultrated. I would require that a scriptural backing be posed to substantiate this ridiculous claim of yours.

You don't know that Apostle Paul was not rich materially or you don't know that he repaired fishing nets in order to earn a living despite being a lawyer?
What do you not know, so that I can redeem you from your lack of knowledge that perishes?
Re: "Jesus Is Coming Soon" – Chris Oyakhilome by costandi(m): 11:24pm On Apr 23, 2017
seguno2:

You don't know that Apostle Paul was not rich materially or you don't know that he repaired fishing nets in order to earn a living despite being a lawyer?
What do you not know, so that I can redeem you from your lack of knowledge that perishes?
I asked for scripture and my friend started ranting. And, does mending fish nets make him poor? I could have as well ridiculed you for not knowing that 'Jesus died poor for us to be rich'. Scripture Bro, I need Scripture!
Re: "Jesus Is Coming Soon" – Chris Oyakhilome by hush15: 11:30pm On Apr 23, 2017
johnydon22:
People has been saying that for more than 2000 f**cking years and these people include Jesus himself, peter and paul and pretty much every important character in the new testament and then through out the medieval times.

further more we hear that sh*t like literally everyday from Christians around the world. Now Pastor Chris says it and suddenly it becomes News?

what makes that more special or how does pastor Chris saying it make it any less bullsh*t? undecided

N.B: Anyway important question to all christians, can someone tell me what pastor chris is doing with all the money he is raking in when Jesus is coming soon, doesn't that mean you don't really need all the millions since they aren't needed once jesus comes?

ask yourselves; Do they really believe what they preach?

One more thing, you had better believe and give ur heart to Christ Jesus. Even if Jesus decides not to, you don't have notin to loose than for Him to come and you wish you did, to say the least but that's not the point, the point is being in Christ is such a beautiful thing. It's wonderful process that helps you to be better everyday till Christ comes. Christianity was never a religion, it's a way of life. Living the life God predestined for us and having the nature of Christ.

It's the way to go.
Re: "Jesus Is Coming Soon" – Chris Oyakhilome by Bollinger(m): 11:34pm On Apr 23, 2017
donnie:

Forget that thing. Everything about my life was orchestrated by the Lord who called me by his grace. This our gospel is growing even in those nations and by the grace of God, it will prevail.

Lol. If you say so? Sure you don't want to move to the U.S or Germany? grin. I for one would like to see your faith tested when enjoyment slap you small. grin grin grin
Re: "Jesus Is Coming Soon" – Chris Oyakhilome by donnie(m): 11:40pm On Apr 23, 2017
Bollinger:

Lol. If you say so? Sure you don't want to move to the U.S or Germany? grin. I for one would like to see your faith tested when enjoyment slap you small. grin grin grin

grin
Almost all my family lives abroad. I have turned down several requests to join them. US or Germany? Nah..am talking UK and Canada. So wat enjoyment you talking again?

Walking with God in His perfect will is the greatest satisfaction anyone can get. Btw, US or Germany doesnt mean Wealth.
Re: "Jesus Is Coming Soon" – Chris Oyakhilome by achieverme(m): 11:41pm On Apr 23, 2017
eezeribe:
He is now the advocate for Jesus.something we have been hearing since childhood.
I think he should prepare for the coming of Jesus christ by reconciling with his wife.

He doesn't have to reconcile with his wife for him to be fit for heaven, provided he doesn't commit sexual immorality and stay without another wife
Re: "Jesus Is Coming Soon" – Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 11:44pm On Apr 23, 2017
Nigayoyo:
Well, undecided
Lol it would simply shock you but I hope it wouldn't. After spending a thousand year in hell I'm pretty sure you would have received enough clarity.
Re: "Jesus Is Coming Soon" – Chris Oyakhilome by Bollinger(m): 11:48pm On Apr 23, 2017
donnie:

grin
Almost all my family lives abroad. I have turned down several requests to join them. US or Germany? Nah..am talking UK and Canada. So wat enjoyment you talking again?

Walking with God in His perfect will is the greatest satisfaction anyone can get. Btw, US or Germany doesnt mean Wealth.

grin
Re: "Jesus Is Coming Soon" – Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 11:52pm On Apr 23, 2017
Nigayoyo:
Well, undecided
Mischeivous devil who are you trying to deceive, any way "half truths" has always been your trademark even from the days of eden. Christians don't say Jesus is coming during their lifetime because even Jesus never gave a time frame. Therefore we stick with Jesus is coming soon. But I assure you would die just like everyone in this generation and that would be your own DAY with Jesus.

1 Like

Re: "Jesus Is Coming Soon" – Chris Oyakhilome by k9ine(m): 12:03am On Apr 24, 2017
Why should talk like this. It was his wife who sued for divorce claiming neglect. He did all within his power, but the wife was hell-bent on the divorce. She filed it in the UK, the court granted it even when pastor Chris wanted to keep the marriage. In her mind she has won.

eezeribe:
He is now the advocate for Jesus.something we have been hearing since childhood.
I think he should prepare for the coming of Jesus christ by reconciling with his wife.

1 Like

Re: "Jesus Is Coming Soon" – Chris Oyakhilome by k9ine(m): 12:07am On Apr 24, 2017
This thing you just said now, can you repeat it before a judge if Sinach drags you to court? Just let me know.

2shure:
Abegi.
If jesus nor come .
Who wan come .
Abi u wan impersonate.
Abegi God of Man who fuc sinach throway

2 Likes

Re: "Jesus Is Coming Soon" – Chris Oyakhilome by poweredcom(m): 12:23am On Apr 24, 2017
grin grin grin

singing in femi kuti voice will jesus every come oo wonder wonder wonder!!!!! wonder....till all of una go turn wanderer.....

jesus should better stay where he is.....ok..all those na myth....lmfao

wash...... grin grin grin grin

Stage dive goes wrong for this rapper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHwi--E0R_c
Re: "Jesus Is Coming Soon" – Chris Oyakhilome by ifex370(m): 12:57am On Apr 24, 2017
seguno2:

Why do you succumb to the devil by telling lies?
For what benefit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9vieP8R60U

i stand corrected then sad

1 Like

Re: "Jesus Is Coming Soon" – Chris Oyakhilome by Radiohead6(f): 1:16am On Apr 24, 2017
EmekaBlue:
I hope to make HEAVEN smiley
you will ,If you just accept Jesus and repent in secret sincerely open ur mind to him ,

1 Like

Re: "Jesus Is Coming Soon" – Chris Oyakhilome by terrence12(m): 5:20am On Apr 24, 2017
johnydon22:
which one is the fallacies?

doesnt he make millions?

yes or No?

A man who loves God shall be like a tree planted by the river side, he shall bear fruit in his season and his leafs never wither! It's all in the bible bro, any worker in God's vineyard who is still wallowing in poverty is not a man of God!
Re: "Jesus Is Coming Soon" – Chris Oyakhilome by ideology(m): 6:19am On Apr 24, 2017
johnydon22:

His bank account of course, where else. Your house?

Oooh for God sake who is talking about that shiit

so?

- does this change the fact that he didnt say anything new as this post carries

- or that he is raking in millions everyday?

Matt 22:29

New International Version
Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God.

New Living Translation
Jesus replied, "Your mistake is that you don't know the Scriptures, and you don't know the power of God.

English Standard Version
But Jesus answered them, “You are wrong, because you know neither the Scriptures nor the power of God.

Berean Study Bible
Jesus replied, "You are mistaken because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God.

Berean Literal Bible
And, Jesus answering said to them, "You err, not knowing the Scriptures, nor the power of God.

New American Standard Bible
But Jesus answered and said to them, "You are mistaken, not understanding the Scriptures nor the power of God.

King James Bible
Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
Jesus answered them, "You are deceived, because you don't know the Scriptures or the power of God.

International Standard Version
Jesus answered them, "You are mistaken because you don't know the Scriptures or God's power,

NET Bible
Jesus answered them, "You are deceived, because you don't know the scriptures or the power of God.

New Heart English Bible
But Jesus answered them, "You are mistaken, not knowing the Scriptures, nor the power of God.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Yeshua answered and he said to them, “You do err, because you do not understand the scriptures, neither the mighty works of God.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Jesus answered, "You're mistaken because you don't know the Scriptures or God's power.

New American Standard 1977
But Jesus answered and said to them, “You are mistaken, not understanding the Scriptures, or the power of God.

Jubilee Bible 2000
Then Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures nor the power of God.

King James 2000 Bible
Jesus answered and said unto them, You do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

American King James Version
Jesus answered and said to them, You do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

American Standard Version
But Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

Douay-Rheims Bible
And Jesus answering, said to them: You err, not knowing the Scriptures, nor the power of God.

Darby Bible Translation
And Jesus answering said to them, Ye err, not knowing the scriptures nor the power of God.

English Revised Version
But Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

Webster's Bible Translation
Jesus answered and said to them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

Weymouth New Testament
The reply of Jesus was, "You are in error, through ignorance of the Scriptures and of the power of God.

World English Bible
But Jesus answered them, "You are mistaken, not knowing the Scriptures, nor the power of God.

Young's Literal Translation
And Jesus answering said to them, 'Ye go astray, not knowing the Writings, nor the power of God;

You dont even know what you are saying, neither do you understand the essence of money.

Just as money in the hands of a wicked man is dangerous so is money in the hands of a christian, even the devil is afraid.

But you dont know, that is why the devil will continue to use you to attack the body of Christ, but it change nothing.

In the last days, Christians will only get richer ...

Ps 92:12 - The righteous man will flourish like the palm tree, He will grow like a cedar in Lebanon. 13Planted in the house of the LORD, They will flourish in the courts of our God. 14They will still yield fruit in old age; They shall be full of sap and very green,… - New American Standard Bible

seguno2:

You don't know that Apostle Paul was not rich materially . . .
Re: "Jesus Is Coming Soon" – Chris Oyakhilome by YoungKeem(m): 6:54am On Apr 24, 2017
May God forgive you all

1 Like

Re: "Jesus Is Coming Soon" – Chris Oyakhilome by destinysaid(m): 7:15am On Apr 24, 2017
D1official:

You start by telling me, how many artists like Davido, wizkid, phyno, d banj that have done such ND I will answer ur questions.
Bt ur ignorance will Neva let you knw that it is your money that they are indirectly squandering, nd at d end have nothing for d society bt help in its decadence nd even show off deir luxurious wrist watches nd cars, bt instead of u citicising them you go to there shows nd pay thousand of naira just to dance.
We are the ones giving them the money nt you, I don't knw y datz an issue to you.
Nd mind you Matthew 6:3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:Matthew 6:4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.
Dnt expect them to tell you all they do, Co's is simply against d rule of d kingdom, they ought to obey God bt man.
So yes they do more than dat bt u won't knw Co's they won't tell.
sorry bro, u was with u until that s particular argument.

The bible speaks of the original preachers of Gods word, the lsreal tribe that produced priests as being poor, living in poverty and receiving tithe cause they did no WORK. this system continued even to d days of the apostles of Jesus Christ. Remember the man that Jesus told to sell His properties before joining him? That's how our pastors are suppose to be. If u believe in the Bible and spirituality like I do, then u Knw money is a spirit, the more you acquire, the more you don't want to lose it and the more it slowly corrupts d mind. Money humility and love of God is a very rare MIX, which I must say is lacking in most of our pastors. Just check it out

Every Sunday if u noticed, revelation is hardly touched, but therein contains a powerful message about the coming of Jesus and how to detect FAKE servants of God. Not only revelation but many other books and verses in the Bible are omitted aswell.

I noticed that if a pastor says open to say psalm 29:5, he is most likely trying to take the verse out of context. What I do these days is to read a few verses BEFORE and AFTER the mentioned verse.

One more thing, plz Dnt compare the artists to pastors, they are not equal, or suppose to appear equal, remember, don't be unequally yoked with unbelievers? It also translates to their livestyle.

My question though is, why is bill gates, one of the leading billionaire and atheist in this world more charitable than our so called pastors?

Why do these pastors walk around with heavy body guards, but tell us the lirs is our protection?

Why do they fear persecution and death (what happened to being a martyr, if they die, another will surely take their place as have been for centuries)(without the apostles death I Dnt think Christianity would HV spread so far, death of a ersin is a powerful way to spread a message as seen through history)

Why do they get to be called papa etc? What happened to humility?
Why do they buy hoverboards, fancy new suits, and things if the world? ( luxurious pastors, you Knw them) what happens to humility??

P.S Dnt quote me to spew trash, I live my life for the bible by the Bible nt by a pastor
Re: "Jesus Is Coming Soon" – Chris Oyakhilome by holatimmy(f): 7:28am On Apr 24, 2017
adepeter26:

3. The Pascal Wager Quote

Pascal’s Wager, has undoubtedly been used by every theist to date.

It states that:
you would be better off to believe in God than to not. Even if all the evidence suggests there isn’t a god. For if there is no god, nothing is going to happen when you die.
However, if there is, and you didn’t believe, then you are going to hell.

- First off, I will not be bullied into believing anything and I can’t imagine a god that would be so petty to do so, but I’ll go more into that later.

- Secondly, how does she know which god is the right god to worship? How does she know that while she’s worshipping Yahweh she’s not making Thor progressively angrier?
Well I wouldn't compel you to choose just any God

Like you said you don't be bullied into believing any God.
In that case,we are all humans and we have questions so in your case I would suggest you choose the God that has your answers.
And If it's actually good for you,you will enjoy the relationship.

It's better to be a satisfied atheist than a confused Christian.
Re: "Jesus Is Coming Soon" – Chris Oyakhilome by Wolfbrother(m): 7:29am On Apr 24, 2017
How many times dem go talk this thing grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "Jesus Is Coming Soon" – Chris Oyakhilome by Langbasa: 7:31am On Apr 24, 2017
donnie:

He is a righteous man whose heart is towards God and kingdom expansion. Thats the reason he will never know lack.
Take this and u'll be alright...

Re: "Jesus Is Coming Soon" – Chris Oyakhilome by zionmade(m): 7:31am On Apr 24, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Jesus has been 'coming soon' for the past 2000 years now, and you are seeing this as a news? Nothing new here bro!
Hope u ve taken ur camel urine diet for today. This is a Christian thread i dnt know why u left ur religious-locked thread to dis place. Stick ur nose to where it belongs

1 Like

Re: "Jesus Is Coming Soon" – Chris Oyakhilome by donnie(m): 7:36am On Apr 24, 2017
lepaciousfunmi:
Donnie dear, never you speak for anyone, just know your mind.

Only God knows who's righteous

Where is that in the bible?
Re: "Jesus Is Coming Soon" – Chris Oyakhilome by Rilwayne001: 7:40am On Apr 24, 2017
zionmade:

Hope u ve taken ur camel urine diet for today. This is a Christian thread i dnt know why u left ur religious-locked thread to dis place. Stick ur nose to where it belongs

The above won't change the fact that we will continue to hear 'Jesus is coming soon' until we are no more. Not a new thing, after all our grandfathers were told the same thing.

1 Like

Re: "Jesus Is Coming Soon" – Chris Oyakhilome by zionmade(m): 7:40am On Apr 24, 2017
seguno2:

If your god of men is not a scam, let him empty his bank account, sell all his assets and share everything to the poor in readiness for the coming of Jesus Christ that he has just announced.
Is that not what Christ asked the rich man to do in the Bible before He said that it is easier for a camel to go through a needle than for a rich man to make heaven?
Do you guys ever read your Bible or you are hooked on rhapsody rapping lyrics like a drug addict?
Hahaha see pain.
Let me rap a little about Pst Chris.
His influence in d entire world is a hundred times greater d influence of ur president. There is no country he will hold a single crusade dat wont pull at least 100000 persons in attendance. Tell me how such a man can ever be in need.
Ur hate filled brothers fought atmospheres of miracles on tv and he launnched d first ever 24hrs Christian TV station in africa. Nothing can ever ever bring him down. He is a rock standing on the rock of ages. He is d most criticized pastor in nigeria and yet he has d highest number of followers worldwide (only second to catholic). Dat rhapsody u re blabbing about is d most read book in d world (only second to d bible) and translated into more dan 800 languages.
I can sing his praise on and on and on. Let d pain drive into d heart of hypocrites. I am happy i have him as a mentor.
Cry me a river
Who cares??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Jesus Is Coming Soon" – Chris Oyakhilome by zionmade(m): 7:44am On Apr 24, 2017
Rilwayne001:

The above won't change the fact that we would continue to hear 'Jesus is coming soon' until we are no more. Not a new thing, after all our grandfathers were told the same thing.
And d above won't also change d fact dat u re a follower of a rapist, and a paedophilee. Someone as wicked as to kill an entire family and marry their daughter by force. It wont change d fact d ur religion is d greatest threat to d peace of d world

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mbaka Mobilises Support For Buhari’s Reelection Despite Catholic Ban / Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria / The First Monotheistic Religion In Nigeria: Igbe Religious Movement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.