Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,756 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? (100618 Views)

US Shares Relief Materials To Nigerians In China Thrown Into The Streets / Nigerians In Diaspora Should Learn Good Behavior. / Obalende BRT Park: Bad Maintenance Culture Or Sheer Wickedness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by mctowel01: 5:26am On Apr 30, 2017
Seanjay:

you see this is the problem you people have posting to get likes and forget to comment with your sense or brain if you have one, where did you read in my comment where i stated that she must help me and i already wrote it that i was on my processing myself before she returned and said she is going to help, when she knew all along that she is not going to do a jack why telling me to relax that she will take over(why the assurance) she could have left me to keep doing my thing and trying my luck on my own, but you come here and post shi^t talking as if you were the one that promised to help me and to make sh^t worse you said am sounding too entitled and telling me to grow up.. were you there when the whole thing happened?, so why come here spewing sh^t about something you know jack about?... Guy abeg if my earlier post is too hard for you to comprehend please dont quote me again and i never asked for your opinion in the first place or did i direct my comment towards you, i dont like feeling offended or offending anyone and thats why am always diplomatic in my comments on here i dont exchange words with people so please stay off my mention, you dont know me and i dont know you, and you sounds too childish to me... and yapping sh^t you know nothing about... and please dont quote me again lets both be civil and respect each other..

Now i know why you just limp without looking cause you didnt see my first comments... and is not you that i even quote is Ralphlauren you just jumped into the conversation.. just for likes sake
Likes? because i didn't rub your belly?You speak like she had some magic control over you, hence you had to ditch your "working plan" for her promise. Lots of students get promise of jobs when they graduate, but get dissapointed. The real question is... does she owe you the favor? or it was just a promise. There are so many factors involved in so many things we want to do. There is so much I would have said, but it seems futile. Maybe after some time, you will eventually get the point. Its a public forum, anyone can be quoted. Its your choice to ignore. Peace

4 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by AreaFada2: 5:52am On Apr 30, 2017
Ralphlauren:

You are very very outdated in your knowledge and understanding of the UK immigration routes.

HSMP has been scrapped. As far back as 2009.

10 years route for students has also been scrapped. You can't spend more than 6 years on a student visa. There is now a limit.

Marriage route is 5 years.

Continuous legal stay for 10 years under different routes means the person can file for permanent residency. This is also a common route.

Which one is "parents route" You can only file for a child under 18 years if at least one parent holds ILR and the child is UK born. If the child is overseas born and under 18, one parent must be a UK citizen.

Illegal residents can file for residency after 12-15 years. Some with children born in the UK can attempt permanent residency after 10 years. The illegals with UK born children are usually the lucky ones as they can claim right to stay using the EU human right laws. However, they have to use a well versed lawyer that can prepare their case.

Please don't come here to misinform people. undecided

Cc. Justwise correct this guy please.

My brother, even the 15 years illegal stay route has long shifted to 20 years. Mrs May did that as Home Office boss.

A lady with 4 kids (2 born here, who would bare remember their dad if not for pictures) fought for years for papers. Her late hubby had an accident at work & died. It appears he was illegal too.

That lady suffered. Renting one room from place to place. Only to be asked to go by those elderly 9ja landlords (more by their wives). We tried supporting however little we could. They finally got their stay around a year ago. It appears to coincide with the senior child born here clocking 10 years old. You know we 9ja are not very open sometimes. We're very suspicious & secretive & I never probed unnecessarily deep.
Maybe they had a bad lawyer to begin. They fleeced her anyhow. One thought the man's death would have made things easier.

I suggested a free charity lawyer pathway but she stylishly avoided it. A system I know works very fine. Some think an expensive lawyer equals success.

3 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by DerKaiser: 6:24am On Apr 30, 2017
amii131:

For studies UG or Pg i wouldn't mind

I am sorry but I don't speak abbreviations. If you are interested in coming to Europe then you should be more coherent and outspoken about what you actually want. In anyway I wish you all the best. Write me when you have something precise to say.

9 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Ralphlauren(m): 6:35am On Apr 30, 2017
AreaFada2:

My brother, even the 15 years illegal stay route has long shifted to 20 years. Mrs May did that as Home Office boss.

A lady with 4 kids (2 born here, who would bare remember their dad if not for pictures) fought for years for papers. Her late hubby had an accident at work & died. It appears he was illegal too.

That lady suffered. Renting one room from place to place. Only to be asked to go by those elderly 9ja landlords (more by their wives). We tried supporting however little we could. They finally got their stay around a year ago. It appears to coincide with the senior child born here clocking 10 years old. You know we 9ja are not very open sometimes. We're very suspicious & secretive & I never probed unnecessarily deep.
Maybe they had a bad lawyer to begin. They fleeced her anyhow. One thought the man's death would have made things easier.

I suggested a free charity lawyer pathway but she stylishly avoided it. A system I know works very fine. Some think an expensive lawyer equals success.

Interesting. I never knew May had increased the illegal route to 20 years. The sad thing is that there is no guarantee ILR will be approved at the end of the 20 years as many things are considered before it is granted.

The woman must have had a very bad lawyer. In such scenario, she should have applied for discretionary leave to remain. Majority of these immigration lawyers sometimes like such cases to drag on because of the money they make off such people.

A lawyer paid for/working free for a charity would have really helped. Charities are known to go over and beyond to help vulnerable people.

I'm glad he had a good outcome though at the end. Life as a widow is hard enough without the added burden of an illegal immigration status.

The child route has been proven many times to work. Not only do these parents (especially the mothers) get ILR, they also apply for housing benefit and the likes and they get it. Hence giving them some relief after all their years of suffering.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by amii131(f): 6:38am On Apr 30, 2017
DerKaiser:

I am sorry but I don't speak abbreviations. If you are interested in coming to Europe then you should be more coherent and outspoken about what you actually want. In anyway I wish you all the best. Write me when you have something precise to say.

I mean any undergraduate program taught in English in any part of germany as my Zertifikat Deutsch is'nt german C1 am not too fluent writting exams in german language, atleast with little documentations like the sponsor document/blocked acct from you i could submit to them at geothe institue to german embassy here will go a long way in the processing.will pm u
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Saintsquare(m): 7:23am On Apr 30, 2017
mctowel01:

Its not about not wanting to help.Its about being a burden. People fail to realize the point where the privileges end espescially when their senses of entitlement take over. I dont think its about being any boss. When things go sour, you will become a burden, expecting a solution from them. Thats so much baggage no normal human being(except your parents) will want to continuously deal with
Its not always bout being a burden, someone who wanna relocate.won't just decide to be a burden on another man, are you saying someone who wanna go study and will have accommodation provided by the uni will be a burden to a friend who probably lives in another state?just saying tho
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Saintsquare(m): 7:48am On Apr 30, 2017
tobaseye:

To add to your points and what have been said so far......

Nobody is saying those that have the means to migrate legally should not do so. They are only saying don't migrate illegally because you will become a burden to yourself, your friends and relatives, and to the govt.

No doubt Nigeria is hard even the rich are also feeling the heat now by one way or the other now.

So if you must migrate please do it legally and with a good plan. I know people that came in with a student visa and in less than two years before their student visa expires they get married legally to white chick. Note that it was a bit easier for them because they had planned it to come and get married even before they got the student visa and they adhered strictly to their plan. In fact one of them had to travel to London the second day he arrived in the UK to me a lady that was arranged down for him by one of his brothers in London. I guess that didn't work out and he hooked with a white chick thereafter and they are married now. Note.... He had a concrete plan before coming.

Another way is coming with your spouse, both can go through the student visa at different time (Msc and PhD) and beat the 10 years legal resident route. Remember that when one is working the other is schooling. And for the whole 10 years you will only be working for the govt because of the tuition fees. its more difficult with couples with kids but its worth trying though.

I also heard from people that if you have a child born in the UK that you can file for paper when the child is 6yrs or 7yrs as a parent. So couple going through the student visa route can explore this if it's real. Experts in the house can correct me on this and throw more light on it.

I concur with people that said, if you have tangible things you are doing in Nigeria think well before you abandon what you are doing to pursue uncertainties. But if you don't have something worth you are doing why not but do it legally and with a good plan.

That those abroad don't want other to come because of competition is a big fallacy. Who knows who here. Your relatives don't just want you to come with a visit visa and become a liability to them. As most of them are still struggling living from hand to mouth.

We are sharing the hard stories so that you can prepare yourself for the worse case scenario before you come. And who says luck can't shine on you.

Information on how to travel is there on the internet you can read and go through the process without the help of people living in abroad. All you can get from the people in diaspora are bad experiences and discouragement. To be candid that is what they have got to share with you so that when you eventually find your way in, you will know that you are solely responsible for the decision you have taken to come abroad and not be waiting to get support from someone that is still trying to make a living also. And also if they couldn't provide you the help you were expecting from them you wouldn't be blaming them for given you false information about the reality of life in abroad.

And I strongly believe that the best gift people can give is information which Nigerians on nairaland have been doing for many years till date. People still go as far as sharing their personal experiences. The bottom line is that it may go very rough at the beginning but at the end you may reap it if you succeed ni o.

My own personal experience..... When i was in Nigeria I had about two businesses and was making at much as 150k to 250k monthly. Not married but with responsibilities of my younger ones. I left Nigeria 2015 with a student visa. But regretted my coming three months in the Uk after series of unsuccessful applications because I thought been a Certified Chartered Accountant (ACCA) I should be able to get office jobs. Though I was wrong because as a student I can't work full time and most of the accounting Jobs are during the normal working hours. So I had to settle for a factory work which was not even easy to get too. The factory only gives students two shift a week; 8hrs per shift and they don't joke with that because of immigration problem. Because of this only disciplined students like myself can save from what we get at the end of the month after paying bills.

Thank God I paid all my tuition before coming that burden was not there. I pity people that made part payment with the hope of coming here to work and pay the remaining. I can tell you for a fact those that did that didn't find it so easy as they had to miss classes and breach immigration laws to achieve that.

I became so unhappy because I have got so much free time that i couldn't use because of visa restriction and i knew how much i was making back home I concluded that I was not going to stay back after my program that I would return to my business as I still had part of my capital in the bank but it's going to be easy as someone just returning from abroad because I have to do my business differently from the way I was doing it before I traveled.

I latter decided to use my spare time for volunteer jobs, I was referred to a small Accounting firm by someone in my church and I was working for them for free to gain experience two to three days a week. Because my program was Fast Track I only did just three modules and research for the whole of my program and I had so much free time.

So, when my visa was about to expire they asked me if I would like to stay, but they can't afford to pay me. We later reached a compromise..... If you understand what I mean. Though the pay was small but I accepted for three reasons.... 1. To gain more experience. 2. Nigeria was in recession going back home to rely on business was not certain. Because it's an importation business which was threatened by exchange rates and increased in clearing costs. I even tried to send some goods last year I made losses, 3. because I believe i will still be able to do some other jobs. I got the TIER 2........... eventually.

Last year I breached my visa rule, asides from my accounting Job I was also doing a support work. I worked for like 19hrs a day; 7 hrs day for accounting and 12hrs night for support work. Don't ask me when I sleep o. But I was punctual with my accounting job and did like 5days a week for the support work. It's not easy but the money from the support work is the motivating factor.

But, since this year I have slowed down with the support work doing one or two shifts in a week because i want to stop breaching the laws of the land. Please Expert in the house is Support work a social work? Because my visa allows me to do social work for 20hrs in a week.

Also For you guys to know that our fear is genuine, I want to settle down now and I'm scared of bringing someone from Nigeria because of my present situation. Because I have limited access to work and am not earning much too. And the chick might be coming with a different mind set and meet reality when she gets here.

She might not be able to secure a professional job even if she's doing a white collar of the job in Nigeria now and that might not go down well with her. . Also, if I remain on my current job, she will most likely become the bread winner for the remaining years for me to get my Indefinite Leave to remain (LIR). Because she will certainly be earning far more than me as she will have not restrictions on her visa.

My question is, does it really worth it bring someone from Nigeria that does not have an idea of what it takes to a get stay here? Apparently she might not know the value of my current visa. Or I should just look for someone here that knows about the reality of life here and marry?

Mind you, I didn't have any relationship before i came here.

This person get sense abeg ,be careful of naija girls o Bros....

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Smartlife(m): 8:35am On Apr 30, 2017
tobaseye:

To add to your points and what have been said so far......

Nobody is saying those that have the means to migrate legally should not do so. They are only saying don't migrate illegally because you will become a burden to yourself, your friends and relatives, and to the govt.

No doubt Nigeria is hard even the rich are also feeling the heat now by one way or the other now.

So if you must migrate please do it legally and with a good plan. I know people that came in with a student visa and in less than two years before their student visa expires they get married legally to white chick. Note that it was a bit easier for them because they had planned it to come and get married even before they got the student visa and they adhered strictly to their plan. In fact one of them had to travel to London the second day he arrived in the UK to me a lady that was arranged down for him by one of his brothers in London. I guess that didn't work out and he hooked with a white chick thereafter and they are married now. Note.... He had a concrete plan before coming.

Another way is coming with your spouse, both can go through the student visa at different time (Msc and PhD) and beat the 10 years legal resident route. Remember that when one is working the other is schooling. And for the whole 10 years you will only be working for the govt because of the tuition fees. its more difficult with couples with kids but its worth trying though.

I also heard from people that if you have a child born in the UK that you can file for paper when the child is 6yrs or 7yrs as a parent. So couple going through the student visa route can explore this if it's real. Experts in the house can correct me on this and throw more light on it.

I concur with people that said, if you have tangible things you are doing in Nigeria think well before you abandon what you are doing to pursue uncertainties. But if you don't have something worth you are doing why not but do it legally and with a good plan.

That those abroad don't want other to come because of competition is a big fallacy. Who knows who here. Your relatives don't just want you to come with a visit visa and become a liability to them. As most of them are still struggling living from hand to mouth.

We are sharing the hard stories so that you can prepare yourself for the worse case scenario before you come. And who says luck can't shine on you.

Information on how to travel is there on the internet you can read and go through the process without the help of people living in abroad. All you can get from the people in diaspora are bad experiences and discouragement. To be candid that is what they have got to share with you so that when you eventually find your way in, you will know that you are solely responsible for the decision you have taken to come abroad and not be waiting to get support from someone that is still trying to make a living also. And also if they couldn't provide you the help you were expecting from them you wouldn't be blaming them for given you false information about the reality of life in abroad.

And I strongly believe that the best gift people can give is information which Nigerians on nairaland have been doing for many years till date. People still go as far as sharing their personal experiences. The bottom line is that it may go very rough at the beginning but at the end you may reap it if you succeed ni o.

My own personal experience..... When i was in Nigeria I had about two businesses and was making at much as 150k to 250k monthly. Not married but with responsibilities of my younger ones. I left Nigeria 2015 with a student visa. But regretted my coming three months in the Uk after series of unsuccessful applications because I thought been a Certified Chartered Accountant (ACCA) I should be able to get office jobs. Though I was wrong because as a student I can't work full time and most of the accounting Jobs are during the normal working hours. So I had to settle for a factory work which was not even easy to get too. The factory only gives students two shift a week; 8hrs per shift and they don't joke with that because of immigration problem. Because of this only disciplined students like myself can save from what we get at the end of the month after paying bills.

Thank God I paid all my tuition before coming that burden was not there. I pity people that made part payment with the hope of coming here to work and pay the remaining. I can tell you for a fact those that did that didn't find it so easy as they had to miss classes and breach immigration laws to achieve that.

I became so unhappy because I have got so much free time that i couldn't use because of visa restriction and i knew how much i was making back home I concluded that I was not going to stay back after my program that I would return to my business as I still had part of my capital in the bank but it's going to be easy as someone just returning from abroad because I have to do my business differently from the way I was doing it before I traveled.

I latter decided to use my spare time for volunteer jobs, I was referred to a small Accounting firm by someone in my church and I was working for them for free to gain experience two to three days a week. Because my program was Fast Track I only did just three modules and research for the whole of my program and I had so much free time.

So, when my visa was about to expire they asked me if I would like to stay, but they can't afford to pay me. We later reached a compromise..... If you understand what I mean. Though the pay was small but I accepted for three reasons.... 1. To gain more experience. 2. Nigeria was in recession going back home to rely on business was not certain. Because it's an importation business which was threatened by exchange rates and increased in clearing costs. I even tried to send some goods last year I made losses, 3. because I believe i will still be able to do some other jobs. I got the TIER 2........... eventually.

Last year I breached my visa rule, asides from my accounting Job I was also doing a support work. I worked for like 19hrs a day; 7 hrs day for accounting and 12hrs night for support work. Don't ask me when I sleep o. But I was punctual with my accounting job and did like 5days a week for the support work. It's not easy but the money from the support work is the motivating factor.

But, since this year I have slowed down with the support work doing one or two shifts in a week because i want to stop breaching the laws of the land. Please Expert in the house is Support work a social work? Because my visa allows me to do social work for 20hrs in a week.

Also For you guys to know that our fear is genuine, I want to settle down now and I'm scared of bringing someone from Nigeria because of my present situation. Because I have limited access to work and am not earning much too. And the chick might be coming with a different mind set and meet reality when she gets here.

She might not be able to secure a professional job even if she's doing a white collar of the job in Nigeria now and that might not go down well with her. . Also, if I remain on my current job, she will most likely become the bread winner for the remaining years for me to get my Indefinite Leave to remain (LIR). Because she will certainly be earning far more than me as she will have not restrictions on her visa.

My question is, does it really worth it bring someone from Nigeria that does not have an idea of what it takes to a get stay here? Apparently she might not know the value of my current visa. Or I should just look for someone here that knows about the reality of life here and marry?

Mind you, I didn't have any relationship before i came here.

So much lessons to be learnt from your post. Tank you because I learned from you
No see this. If you want to push yiurself to marry a naija girl, her family will be like they have hit a jackpot. It's normal. The gold digging part will come up and eventually if she comes and see otherwise, then you realize that the first love she claim was about the money and chance to travel to join you. The real love you will see is frustration from her and a kind of blame for deceiving her and her family. On the part becoming a bread winner.. Trust naija girls they will make it go public. I find it hard to believe those kind of gals will stick with you for life. My guy find someone over deer who understand your struggles and will love you for who you are. Had it been you had a relationship before traveling out, you could easily explain and she might understand but these gals are not still loyal.

6 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by komekn(m): 9:07am On Apr 30, 2017
bebe2:

Seasonal affective disorder

Popularly known as winter disorder.

I hate the cold weather with a passion.

And i spent my very very early years playing football in ankle deep snow until I was 11. Don't know how I did it.

And so many years later I still hate the cold weather. But if you don't like the heat, don't go in the kitchen, I have learned to deal with it. I do cheat somewhat, I need at least 2/3 trips to Nigeria each year to keep my sanity.

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Champele(m): 9:17am On Apr 30, 2017
bebe2:
This is getting annoying , how come each time a person is asking for directions on how to travel abroad most pple in diaspora will be discouraging the person.

If it's dat terrible why are u still there?

You enjoy the benefits of living in an organised society, knowing fully well that naija is a difficult place to live.

Are u scared of the competition the new immigrants will bring?

Nigerians in diaspora , what exactly are u afraid off??
We are afraid for you going through what we went or/and still going through. Even though it looks beautiful from afar, it's not that beautiful when you come close or into it. Go to abroad only if you have a legit thing to achieve through a legit way.with that you will enjoy it the way you see it. But street?, untold story. It doesn't worth it. The money you will spend processing for visa will settle you in Nigeria. And believe me with the same amount of cash as a starting capital in Nigeria you are good to go. I spent 3yrs in Swiss and was the one who went to immigration and ask them to deport me. I came back 2011. The freedom alone.gosh! Like I said, untold story. You will hear when they say what happens in Europe stays in Europe. Same with any where abroad. A word is enough for the wise

6 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Champele(m): 9:24am On Apr 30, 2017
TrapQueen77:

Coz that's wat the reality & not only Nigerians are talking like that..ppol abroad discourage others to go abroad due to the bad experiences they've encountered..

But here is wat i can say..don't let these discouragements stop u from reaching ur dreams to go abroad...ur experience may be different from the others.

Don't lose hope & juz keep going..
Bad counsel. Stop motivating people to go abroad based on their imaginations and dreams. people should go abroad based on realities in ground. There's nothing good you enjoy there as long as it's not your country. Even reach people only go there for holidays or visit.none wish to live there. Get me, wish to.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Seanjay(m): 9:24am On Apr 30, 2017
mctowel01:

Likes? because i didn't rub your belly?You speak like she had some magic control over you, hence you had to ditch your "working plan" for her promise. Lots of students get promise of jobs when they graduate, but get dissapointed. The real question is... does she owe you the favor? or it was just a promise. There are so many factors involved in so many things we want to do. There is so much I would have said, but it seems futile. Maybe after some time, you will eventually get the point. Its a public forum, anyone can be quoted. Its your choice to ignore. Peace

There is no point doing this with you cause if you read my first comment on here you will see that i was only saying my own experience with people in diaspora, i wasnt complaining about her not helping cause i know when human being promised it zero chance they will do what they say , am only offering my plight and experience with the Ops topic and i never sound like she owe me the favor , it just like you are travelling to lagos where you dont have so many relatives but one and youve not been in lagos before, but that one relative who had been in lagos for so many years and knows a lot about lagos and she offer her help since you dont know much about how to go about lagos and you are inexperience, So now the question is would you rather go on your own with the processing even with the risk of been dupe or scam, where you know nothing about or stay with that your relative advice and instruction at least for the main time till you understand the system of lagos and be sure you can get by everyday there?
and i didnt ditched my plans for her i was only waiting for her instructions and over things since she knows better than me and have been there several times but you know the spirit with money once if you dont use it for what you intend to use it for immediately then you will definitely spend it, thats where you are mistaken me, i was only trusting her judgement on the processing cause she knows better..
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Butterworth: 9:33am On Apr 30, 2017
Lol
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Butterworth: 9:39am On Apr 30, 2017
poshestmina:
Brother ke? i'm ur sister oh .lol! i just pray to be so rich that the only time i travel out is for shopping and vacations .I won't go and start washing corpse or washing gutters .people that made their money here in Naija no get 2 heads .

That's a good point.

Many made their money in Nigeria and many who travel abroad are busy repatriating their money to invest in Nigeria, me for example.

People ran away from Nigeria not because Nigeria is bad but because of good infrastructure and employment opportunities, and good paying jobs.

Example . In South Africa, a common primary school teacher earns R15000 (N285000) per month. Now compare it with the peanut Nigerian primary school teachers are receiving.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Champele(m): 9:49am On Apr 30, 2017
helpyom:

Begars dey everywhr probably they are lazy to work my dear here in Nigeria people are damn ready to work am a lady and I work 11hrs a day for 6days in a week I receive salary not wages ask me how much #40,000 this is a hospital job that i don't even rest to have launch due to soo many Hmo's.

What am I saying you won't tell me I have were I can work with such strenght I wouldn't want to leave and save for future expensenses.

The fact is THERE ARE NO JOBS IN NIGERIA that's why most youths with life ambition try to move anybody discouraging anyone is pure wickedness.
Don't call it wickedness there are reasons for that. Reasons we are trying to explain and which you can't understaor else you see and feel for yourself

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Champele(m): 9:53am On Apr 30, 2017
bjhaid:
I don't think the abroad life is that difficult, I have relatives dere and they are all doing very fine, they even want the fam here to come over for holiday.
Why for holidays alone. Help me ask them. Then after use your head
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Nobody: 9:55am On Apr 30, 2017
Champele:
Why for holidays alone. Help me ask them. Then after use your head
Not holidays alone dude, Also coming dere to further education and settle down.

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Champele(m): 9:58am On Apr 30, 2017
egariyi:

How many Nigerians share their experiences of how they left Nigeria? If shared, I am sure alot of people will get the right message about legal or illegal immigration.

Read ' There and back in time' by ZUBBY77. It's here in nairaland. You will read everything thats goes in abroad (Europe ) from his own experience. It's quite educating

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Champele(m): 9:59am On Apr 30, 2017
bjhaid:
Then I believe your guys can afford that. If not bro, it's hell
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 30, 2017
Champele:
Then I believe your guys can afford that. If not bro, it's hell
There is no point going there to suffer, if i can't afford it.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by cosade(m): 10:19am On Apr 30, 2017
Seanjay:

There is no point doing this with you cause if you read my first comment on here you will see that i was only saying my own experience with people in diaspora, i wasnt complaining about her not helping cause i know when human being promised it zero chance they will do what they say , am only offering my plight and experience with the Ops topic and i never sound like she owe me the favor , it just like you are travelling to lagos where you dont have so many relatives but one and youve not been in lagos before, but that one relative who had been in lagos for so many years and knows a lot about lagos and she offer her help since you dont know much about how to go about lagos and you are inexperience, So now the question is would you rather go on your own with the processing even with the risk of been dupe or scam, where you know nothing about or stay with that your relative advice and instruction at least for the main time till you understand the system of lagos and be sure you can get by everyday there?
and i didnt ditched my plans for her i was only waiting for her instructions and over things since she knows better than me and have been there several times but you know the spirit with money once if you dont use it for what you intend to use it for immediately then you will definitely spend it, thats where you are mistaken me, i was only trusting her judgement on the processing cause she knows better..

You're still missing the point.
Your waiting for "her instruction" could imply that you didn't really have any plan of yours.
Spending your "idle money" any how does not show that you have the discipline to handle your finances in a "credit society" where people are enticed with credit cards. Why not put the money in an interest yielding account in a commercial bank?

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by cosade(m): 10:25am On Apr 30, 2017
bjhaid:

Even when Obama was the President of USA he didn't ship in Kenyans en-mass to US. Immigration laws are strict in North America and Europe and can't be bent by your relations.
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 30, 2017
cosade:

Even when Obama was the President of USA he didn't ship in Kenyans en-mass to US. Immigration laws are strict in North America and Europe and can't be bent by your relations.
bro, immigrations laws are strict i know, I've applied for a b1/b2 Visa before with strong ties here, and was denied, so I don't need you to tell me that.
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by cosade(m): 10:41am On Apr 30, 2017
Butterworth:

That's a good point.

Many made their money in Nigeria and many who travel abroad are busy repatriating their money to invest in Nigeria, me for example.

People ran away from Nigeria not because Nigeria is bad but because of good infrastructure and employment opportunities, and good paying jobs.

Example . In South Africa, a common primary school teacher earns R15000 (N285000) per month. Now compare it with the peanut Nigerian primary school teachers are receiving.

Direct conversion of currencies could be very misleading, without looking at the relativity. That money is a poor salary for a foreigner with family, working and living in South Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Seanjay(m): 10:50am On Apr 30, 2017
cosade:

You're still missing the point.
Your waiting for "her instruction" could imply that you didn't really have any plan of yours.
Spending your "idle money" any how does not show that you have the discipline to handle your finances in a "credit society" where people are enticed with credit cards. Why not put the money in an interest yielding account in a commercial bank?

Thanks for excluding the abusive/insultive part from your comments, You see how we are been civil with each other now without insults and tantrums, the instruction part was based on she knows more about it than me and she stays there and am wary of been duped or scam by those fake travel agency/agent, and about the finances part i didnt actually spend it anyhow i invested it in a small scale business but it crashed and i lost the money thats how i lost the money..
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by mctowel01: 10:51am On Apr 30, 2017
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by mctowel01: 10:58am On Apr 30, 2017
Seanjay:

Thanks for excluding the abusive/insultive part from your comments, You see how we are been civil with each other now without insults and tantrums, the instruction part was based on she knows more about it than me and she stays there and am wary of been duped or scam by those fake travel agency/agent, and about the finances part i didnt actually spend it anyhow i invested it in a small scale business but it crashed and i lost the money thats how i lost the money..
Its all good man. Nobody here is perfect. Life take us different turns sometimes, we dont know what could be next. Best wishes... peace.
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Seanjay(m): 11:10am On Apr 30, 2017
mctowel01:

Its all good man. Nobody here is perfect. Life take us different turns sometimes, we dont know what could be next. Best wishes... peace.

Wish You The Same, Have A Wonderful Sunday... Enjoy Man

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Freeopod(m): 11:30am On Apr 30, 2017
Freeopod:
Wow.. can't believe I read till the last page. All points from both sides duely noted.
Please anyone in the US should mention the legal ways to enter into the US so that those willing to travel can choose the one most appropriate for them.
Those people who won the American Visa lottery, are they seen as US citizens or they are just green card holder with work permit? I have an uncle who won't the visa lottery approximately 20 years ago, I'm planning to speak to him soon as regards migration but I want to know if his papers and documentations as a lotteey winner can facilitate migration of a niece. Thanks Yall

?? ?
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by nikusbabe(f): 11:59am On Apr 30, 2017
Na so I read all you guys said from genesis to revelation....chai...this country is kind of,so who wud blame ppl that want to leave?may God help us all n direct our foothpath.
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Babaelemu: 12:25pm On Apr 30, 2017
Like seriously 15000 is a poor money for foreigner living and working in south Africa Do you know how hard it is to even secure a job as a foreigner?
cosade:

Direct conversion of currencies could be very misleading, without looking at the relativity. That money is a poor salary for a foreigner with family, working and living in South Africa.
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by ibrahimdoc: 2:40pm On Apr 30, 2017
DerKaiser:

Sorry I know this request is not for me but still I wish to respond to it.

You said you have learned the german language. How advanced is it? if I may ask. Is it C1, C2, B1 or B2? Do you have any certification like Zertifikat Deutsch or equivalent that can be used to apply for studies in Germany.

I would like to help you secure an admission for an undergraduate or postgraduate study depending on you academic level.

I would also kindly like to know this because I believe the German language is too unique to be wasted in a country where it is not spoken.

You can also ask me anything about living or studying in Germany or even questions on immigration and its subsequent laws.

I studied in Germany and working there currently. Also my German is very advanced so you can also ask questions regarding the language too.

Write me, preferably on this thread so that others can gain some information too but you can also write me via PM if you wish.
hello bro. how are u doing? i got married to a german and i would like to join her in germany. but according to the requirements of the german embasey. i need to know A1 german before i could be given visa to join my wife in german. i consider this very unfair as i know a good number of people in germany speak english and if so why would i hv to be subjected through this process before i could be given visa. after a second though i went to enroll for german classes in my area, and at the end of thus classes i will be given a letter of attestation that i have gone through this program because theu dnt take exam in their center except in lagos and i dnt live in lagos. therefore my question is will the german embassey except a letter of attestation from the german center pls ur response will be highly appreciated. gut

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

US Shares Relief Materials To Nigerians In China Thrown Into The Streets / Which Country Can I Relocate To With 6million / Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.