Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,672 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Soyinka: "Let's Boycott Cow Meat, Boko Haram May Use Cattle As Suicide Bombers" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka: "Let's Boycott Cow Meat, Boko Haram May Use Cattle As Suicide Bombers" (19045 Views)

Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption / Sultan: Something Worse Than Boko Haram May Emerge In The North / 15 Die As Suicide Bombers Attack Konduga Community In Borno State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka: "Let's Boycott Cow Meat, Boko Haram May Use Cattle As Suicide Bombers" by Klington: 2:56pm On Apr 29, 2017
Unfortunately for our prof, yorubas are the most meat loving people in Nigeria....... How do you want them to cope..
Yorubaman rice #30,beans #20....meat #400.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: "Let's Boycott Cow Meat, Boko Haram May Use Cattle As Suicide Bombers" by hero2000: 3:01pm On Apr 29, 2017
nwanwaoge:
Most *elites* only speak out when they are directly affected. This is just one of them

Please don't spew ignorance. Was Soyinka from SS when he and Bakare led the Save Nigeria Group against the Northern cabal to make GEJ acting president?

Was he also from SE when he shared sentiments with Biafra during civil war that incurred detention from Gowon?

Speak the truth. Lies are evil.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka: "Let's Boycott Cow Meat, Boko Haram May Use Cattle As Suicide Bombers" by darlinsval(m): 3:02pm On Apr 29, 2017
Prof Soyinka plz ride on. If d govt dnt set it straight,we r cleaning our voters cards towards 2019 election. Bag of rice or N5,000 wont solve this problem.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: "Let's Boycott Cow Meat, Boko Haram May Use Cattle As Suicide Bombers" by Bobby808: 3:05pm On Apr 29, 2017
greenermodels:
the same soyinka that was abusing gej and his wife, calling her a shippopotamus? i like the way buhari is dealing with all of them.the yoruba's are yet to learn their lessons.
Afonja is alway with dead ears. I can count many yorubas that have been punished by the Buhari people. Even their most powerful baba Obasanjo was impresoned, General Paul Diya was impresoned by the Buhari people. Yoruba nor dey ever learn. Soyinka himself sef was driven by force from his own country Nigeria and was running from one country to another.
Re: Soyinka: "Let's Boycott Cow Meat, Boko Haram May Use Cattle As Suicide Bombers" by kenny987(f): 3:09pm On Apr 29, 2017
Re: Soyinka: "Let's Boycott Cow Meat, Boko Haram May Use Cattle As Suicide Bombers" by ajawara(m): 3:19pm On Apr 29, 2017
Re: Soyinka: "Let's Boycott Cow Meat, Boko Haram May Use Cattle As Suicide Bombers" by kjhova(m): 3:20pm On Apr 29, 2017
kenny987:
Now the old man actually makes use of his grey hair n grey matter! We shouted from the rooftops that it'd be d worst thing to let a military herdsmen become president but Wole Soyinka and his ilk shut their eyes. Now they have beat a path to his doorstep!

Why won't murderers moving cattle grow a sense of entitlement and act like conquerors when the majority of this contraption have sold themselves as slaves and quickly sacrifice others who dared to speak out and condemn their actions?

The Igbos and other Southern tribes excluding the Yoruba have been castigated and called names because they refused to vote in a murderer and his cronies, sidelined and kept out of what is supposed to be an equal share and now Soyinka, the number 1 supporter is complaining because it has become a personal threat. I wonder how one as old and exposed as he is conveniently dumbed down, dunked his wisdom and welcomed a threat to even his survival with open eyes and arms!

It is best that the better South unite and reject this madness! Amaechi, Ngige and all others picking up scraps in APC and feeling cool had better wake up! Abuja is not their home and the homes are under threat and ought to be their priorities!

Don't turn a decent topic like this into another opportunity to display your absurd hatred for APC.

When OBJ, Abacha, Yar Adua etc were in office, weren't Igbo and Niger Deltans working with them in Abuja? Were they also picking up scraps then?
Re: Soyinka: "Let's Boycott Cow Meat, Boko Haram May Use Cattle As Suicide Bombers" by akigbemaru: 3:38pm On Apr 29, 2017
achieverme:
Mr Soyinka, you were part of those who made the herdsmen what they have become today. Please sir enjoy the change you created
Re: Soyinka: "Let's Boycott Cow Meat, Boko Haram May Use Cattle As Suicide Bombers" by Bobby808: 3:46pm On Apr 29, 2017
mangood74:
prof, with all due respect you are one those that supported the election of this good for nothing apc gov, how do u expect buhari to fight his fula brothers, shame on you tinubu shame on baba akande aka show ur teeth Good morning to the yoloba nation! the sun will always rise from the east
But where Chief Akande dey now with his mouth regularly opened? On other words, he is an open mouth Afonje old man
Re: Soyinka: "Let's Boycott Cow Meat, Boko Haram May Use Cattle As Suicide Bombers" by Ugbavihi: 3:54pm On Apr 29, 2017
Sir you have a point there, but the thing is that am happy you are now also a victim of the horrors of herdsmen presiders or leadership, i hope you don't expect the presidency to listen to that opinion of yours all to the detriment of his brothers and his business. Our presido also owns cows and there is no way he will do anything to hamper the thriving in his business and ethnic culture of cow rearing... He will say banza!! ather naijarians, you want me to displease my bladas and business to please una abi Dan iska!!
Re: Soyinka: "Let's Boycott Cow Meat, Boko Haram May Use Cattle As Suicide Bombers" by ken4jj(m): 3:58pm On Apr 29, 2017
Mujtahida:

My impressions on reading many threads on nairaland :It beats me how steeped in seething tribalism you guys are. You guys have a deep, inexplicable hatred for yorubas. On almost every thread igbos abi ibos are the first to use the derogatory word 'afonja'. It's just too crude and disturbing. I don't understand it. And for the record I am not Yoruba and I have Ibo friends. It is on nairaland that I am beginning to see this dark side of you easterners. My Ibo friends are not like this at all.

Bros, it is the same thing for other tribes. They yorubas also do it to the ibos except you are just joining Nairaland else you would have known this fact. The truth is that All tribes in Nigeria hate each other at least here on Nairaland. Anyway, one thing i like about the ibos and yorubas is that they have managed to avoid the physical war and restricted it to the online space. But as for tribalism, all Nigerian tribes especially the ibos and yorubas are guilty.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: "Let's Boycott Cow Meat, Boko Haram May Use Cattle As Suicide Bombers" by Mujtahida: 4:05pm On Apr 29, 2017
ken4jj:

Bros, it is the same thing for other tribes. They yorubas also do it to the ibos except you are just joining Nairaland else you would have known this fact. The truth is that All tribes in Nigeria hate each other at least here on Nairaland. Anyway, one thing i like about the ibos and yorubas is that they have managed to avoid the physical war and restricted it to the online space. But as for tribalism, all Nigerian tribes especially the ibos and yorubas are guilty.
Yes you are right. All Nigerian tribes hate or at least despise each other. But as individuals we can move beyond this tribal tropes. I consider our ethnic mixture as the primary thing that sustains corruption in this country.
Re: Soyinka: "Let's Boycott Cow Meat, Boko Haram May Use Cattle As Suicide Bombers" by ken4jj(m): 4:16pm On Apr 29, 2017
Mujtahida:

Yes you are right. All Nigerian tribes hate or at least despise each other. But as individuals we can move beyond this tribal tropes. I consider our ethnic mixture as the primary thing that sustains corruption in this country.

It is unfortunate but the truth is that not up to 5% of Nigerians can move beyond tribalism judging from Nairaland. But then, it is a black man thing. What is happening in Nigeria today in terms of tribalism happens in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and other African countries where there are more than 2 major tribes. While the white man will harness diversity to its own advantage, the black man harness diversity to its own disadvantage.This is why the African continent is down and can never rise. Too bad.
Re: Soyinka: "Let's Boycott Cow Meat, Boko Haram May Use Cattle As Suicide Bombers" by salam1(m): 4:20pm On Apr 29, 2017
It surprises me wen somebody believe buhari is sponsoring heardmen, of wat good will DAT be to his govt. Plss we should learn to use our heads rather than just believe rubbish. People from the east have bin caught so many times among the heardmen. It will be unwise for u people to understand DAT so people some where r playing politics with people lyf, but I know very soon the God of all Gods will expose dem.
Re: Soyinka: "Let's Boycott Cow Meat, Boko Haram May Use Cattle As Suicide Bombers" by OreMI22: 4:25pm On Apr 29, 2017
Cooly100:

www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/04/29/soyinka-herdsmen-exhibiting-conqueror-mentality-movement-to-enslave-nigerians/

I completely support the boycott of cow meat, even if it is for a little period of 6 months - 1 year.
Each time you eat cow meat, you are helping to fund Fulani to buy more bullets to kill you. Let them eat their cows and you will see them begin behaving like human beings to us.

We just need to make that sacrifice and eat more chicken and Fish
. Leave cow meat out of your cooking for a while for the sake of your children and health.
Re: Soyinka: "Let's Boycott Cow Meat, Boko Haram May Use Cattle As Suicide Bombers" by Rickiedee(m): 4:25pm On Apr 29, 2017
see this grand offspring of a pharesee. u Neva see anything. by d time they off one of your own u will pick up arms...medicine afta death
Re: Soyinka: "Let's Boycott Cow Meat, Boko Haram May Use Cattle As Suicide Bombers" by LanceO: 5:59pm On Apr 29, 2017
This is just a good piece of thread turned sad thread due to the views of some set of people that do not think rationally but sentimentally...How can 100 people sleep in same place and put their heads in same direction. Why Yorubas are more rational is because we have understood that life is not about all yes or all no, it's sometimes yes and sometimes no.
Re: Soyinka: "Let's Boycott Cow Meat, Boko Haram May Use Cattle As Suicide Bombers" by bantudra: 6:59pm On Apr 29, 2017
is this guy loosing his mind lately?...
Re: Soyinka: "Let's Boycott Cow Meat, Boko Haram May Use Cattle As Suicide Bombers" by proudlyYoruba(m): 7:22pm On Apr 29, 2017
U guys criticizing up and down. Have little or no brain, a man like him can easily get out of Nigeria and countries all around the world will accept. But you and I are stuck in this sh*t, keep calling Afonjas till they make paths to your house
Re: Soyinka: "Let's Boycott Cow Meat, Boko Haram May Use Cattle As Suicide Bombers" by AceSkillz01: 7:34pm On Apr 29, 2017
LanceO:
This is just a good piece of thread turned sad thread due to the views of some set of people that do not think rationally but sentimentally...How can 100 people sleep in same place and put their heads in same direction. Why Yorubas are more rational is because we have understood that life is not about all yes or all no, it's sometimes yes and sometimes no.

I take it you're advocating in favor of the herdsmen. Ok naw...

Just make sure you also sleep in a way they can cut that your head

Mr. Rational undecided

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: "Let's Boycott Cow Meat, Boko Haram May Use Cattle As Suicide Bombers" by pedrilo: 7:50pm On Apr 29, 2017
I normally dnt eat red meat, but because of dis nonsense statement from soyinka, I will start eating red meat.
Re: Soyinka: "Let's Boycott Cow Meat, Boko Haram May Use Cattle As Suicide Bombers" by GeorgeTheCoder: 7:51pm On Apr 29, 2017
mightyhaze:
take it easy bum!

The way u lie thru ur teeth eh? The devil himself wud be green with envy

Nigeria's Nobel Prize winning author Wole Soyinka has strongly criticised the two main contenders in Nigeria's presidential election:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-31487050

Buhari and Jonathan are problematic candidates
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=11&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwirmJil28nTAhVEPRQKHVAiCdQ4ChAWCCUwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdailypost.ng%2F2015%2F02%2F17%2Fjonathan-buhari-problematic-candidates-soyinka%2F&usg=AFQjCNH3wHKLoC7jWip3LOcb8flQwWjXEQ&sig2=5yUrCmcFXc-2eyRcyZXsag

The Crimes Of Buhari
saharareporters.com/2007/01/14/crimes-buhari-wole-soyinka
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwimwoeNq8rTAhVF0xQKHZFnANUQFggqMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsaharareporters.com%2F2007%2F01%2F14%2Fcrimes-buhari-wole-soyinka&usg=AFQjCNE0jChrL7IWz0ppTBVzKNzuUqOMDg&sig2=GVxehtd7lz4jr0EphvpPXw

"Buhari and his partner General Tunde Idiagbon, after [former military head of state] Sani Abacha, I think they represented the most brutal face of military dictatorship. There is no question about that," Mr Soyinka said.
...But the environment changes, circumstances change and… I look at the possibility of a genuine internal transformation in some individuals. I've been disappointed before and we must always be ready to be disappointed again," he added.

Soyinka 2015

Oga Mightyhaze care to review your post ? Appears IamaNigerianGuy was right.
Re: Soyinka: "Let's Boycott Cow Meat, Boko Haram May Use Cattle As Suicide Bombers" by Splashme: 8:01pm On Apr 29, 2017
kenny987:
Now the old man actually makes use of his grey hair n grey matter! We shouted from the rooftops that it'd be d worst thing to let a military herdsmen become president but Wole Soyinka and his ilk shut their eyes. Now they have beat a path to his doorstep!

Why won't murderers moving cattle grow a sense of entitlement and act like conquerors when the majority of this contraption have sold themselves as slaves and quickly sacrifice others who dared to speak out and condemn their actions?

The Igbos and other Southern tribes excluding the Yoruba have been castigated and called names because they refused to vote in a murderer and his cronies, sidelined and kept out of what is supposed to be an equal share and now Soyinka, the number 1 supporter is complaining because it has become a personal threat. I wonder how one as old and exposed as he is conveniently dumbed down, dunked his wisdom and welcomed a threat to even his survival with open eyes and arms!

It is best that the better South unite and reject this madness! Amaechi, Ngige and all others picking up scraps in APC and feeling cool had better wake up! Abuja is not their home and the homes are under threat and ought to be their priorities!
Re: Soyinka: "Let's Boycott Cow Meat, Boko Haram May Use Cattle As Suicide Bombers" by absoluteSuccess: 8:48pm On Apr 29, 2017
EazyMoh:
instead of realising another novel you shall go to the authorities and furnish them with any useful info that might help arrest the culprits.
Ipods above as usual still waiting about 2015 elections IB loss.

One day you will come face to face with an herdsman, with blood on their eyes and your ipod delusion will not be able to save you.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: "Let's Boycott Cow Meat, Boko Haram May Use Cattle As Suicide Bombers" by EmmanuelCena(m): 9:00pm On Apr 29, 2017
illuminated93:
Useless afonja man. The hypocrite is now talking cos he has been hit by the same evil that has sent babies,mothers and fathers to their early graves. What an afonja!

Young man, the fact that youre armed with a phone and internet shouldn't take away respect and common sense from you.
Respect the grey hair and his person.
That man is someone who with the likes of Chinua Achebe have always spoken against the government.
The man is really old and is doing his best.
And if at all you have no regard for the man, have regard for The the grey hair.
Re: Soyinka: "Let's Boycott Cow Meat, Boko Haram May Use Cattle As Suicide Bombers" by EazyMoh(m): 11:16pm On Apr 29, 2017
absoluteSuccess:

One day you will come face to face with an herdsman, with blood on their eyes and your ipod delusion will not be able to save you.
Lol! Look at this hate-filled ipad! What do you know, I am a herdsman!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: "Let's Boycott Cow Meat, Boko Haram May Use Cattle As Suicide Bombers" by LanceO: 11:22pm On Apr 29, 2017
AceSkillz01:

I take it you're advocating in favor of the herdsmen. Ok naw...

Just make sure you also sleep in a way they can cut that your head

Mr. Rational undecided
Shows you a child or immature adult that lacks ability to reason and comprehend what exactly you quoted to have drawn that your conclusion from what you read from my post. Even still quoted with a picture... undecided
Although, i still expect same from you again...
Just sad...
Re: Soyinka: "Let's Boycott Cow Meat, Boko Haram May Use Cattle As Suicide Bombers" by absoluteSuccess: 11:22pm On Apr 29, 2017
EazyMoh:

Lol! Look at this hate-filled ipad! What do you know, I am a herdsman!

I'm not interested in your hate-game. After boko is vanquished, it would be your turn.

Futa killers.
Re: Soyinka: "Let's Boycott Cow Meat, Boko Haram May Use Cattle As Suicide Bombers" by ItsMeAboki(m): 4:43pm On Apr 30, 2017
mykl01:
ItsMeAboki!!!
Your cattle wan chop prof book, abeg speak to them in Fufulde grin

And I am sure after all this yarn, nothing will stop you and the professor from still scrambling for kpomo, orishirishi or cowleg - hypocrites.
Re: Soyinka: "Let's Boycott Cow Meat, Boko Haram May Use Cattle As Suicide Bombers" by OreMI22: 2:59am On May 01, 2017
Nigerians must know that where and how they spend their money is what kills them in return.

Personally i will boycott cow meat for all cookings except Sunday stew. I will taste it once a week now.
Re: Soyinka: "Let's Boycott Cow Meat, Boko Haram May Use Cattle As Suicide Bombers" by OreMI22: 4:50pm On May 01, 2017
Rickiedee:
see this grand offspring of a pharesee. u Neva see anything. by d time they off one of your own u will pick up arms...medicine afta death

Exactly.
Some people always want to joke with serious issues until they are affected and all of a sudden they want to become fanatical.

There are little steps to take to save your lives in Nigeria today. You must not wait until it gets to point of carrying gun before you do something.
Re: Soyinka: "Let's Boycott Cow Meat, Boko Haram May Use Cattle As Suicide Bombers" by Nobody: 7:17pm On May 01, 2017
ItsMeAboki:

And I am sure after all this yarn, nothing will stop you and the professor from still scrambling for kpomo, orishirishi or cowleg - hypocrites.

The prof, maybe. I and my family have since switched to Mkpi and Okuko Igbo. Others should do so. We cannot be eating meat reared with human blood by rapists and murderers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Army Re-open Maiduguri - Bama - Banki Road Closed Becos Of Boko Haram(pi / Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live / Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.