Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! (16681 Views)

Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? / When You Choose To Be A Drama Queen / Would You Choose A Good Career Over A Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 29, 2017
Hi All .. first topic lol been a while

So currently I have a friend who is going through some stuff .
She is so so inlove with her now fiancé but the problem is the guys family does not like her .. basically treat her like sh!t (3 year relationship)
She has tried everything to please them but the mum insults her calling her names and to leave her son ..regularly
You know how we females are when we get together for good gist now what advice would you give that friend?

As most are saying she should leave the guy as the family wont rest till she leaves ..

I told her to stay and fight for her man and parents have already lived their lives and she shouldn't miss out on true love just because they hate her ..

What will your advice be please ?
Guys input how should we handle your mum .. as we know mum's sometimes find it hard to let their boys go smiley

Mature Advice please poor girl so miserable these days she just in two minds

Cc Mynd44 lalasticlala Seun
Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 29, 2017
Prayer is the key!

smiley smiley

Srrt

#YOLO

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 8:46pm On Apr 29, 2017
she should walk away. for how long will she fight?

love is never written on stones. she'll find another

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by Akshow: 8:47pm On Apr 29, 2017
Love

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by takenadoh: 8:47pm On Apr 29, 2017
I have to ask the person below me.
Wait
Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by Nobody: 8:47pm On Apr 29, 2017
SonsOfLiverpool:

But the guy loves her too

But that is his mum .. he too doesn't know what to do about it and he can't tell his mum how to act .. you know its big taboo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by 9jayes: 8:47pm On Apr 29, 2017
SonsOfLiverpool:

Love conquered all things
Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by ednut1(m): 8:47pm On Apr 29, 2017
love anyday, marry and travel abroad grin

7 Likes

Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by Mimienudles(f): 8:48pm On Apr 29, 2017
Love conquers All.
My parents will understand

1 Like

Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by Akshow: 8:48pm On Apr 29, 2017
richommie:
Prayer is the key!

smiley smiley

Srrt

#YOLO
who prayer help?

1 Like

Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by dingbang(m): 8:48pm On Apr 29, 2017
My mum dare not pull dat stunt on d girl I wana marry.. Cuz me I will change it for her

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by YoungBlackRico(m): 8:48pm On Apr 29, 2017
This is a tough one.

It's love for me though.

©YBR

2 Likes

Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by professorfal: 8:48pm On Apr 29, 2017
Only the guy can fix things, if he isnt mature enough to convince his mum how much he loves her he isnt mature enough to marry her.

The girl can do less.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by Cladez(m): 8:49pm On Apr 29, 2017
If the guy is matured enough he wont forget that he cant leave with his parents forever.

4 Likes

Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by zamwazi(m): 8:49pm On Apr 29, 2017
No wait..let's ask the person below the person below you undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by chiefolododo(m): 8:49pm On Apr 29, 2017
What are you saying.?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by Vivly(f): 8:49pm On Apr 29, 2017
The person below me has the right advice.
Dont thank him later, thank him now.

2 Likes

Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by salabscholar01(m): 8:49pm On Apr 29, 2017
See, love has no strong hold where there are reasons for both parties to love each other. Your friend should check out on her self to know why the parents of her guy do not approve of her to be part of them.

Most times we marry blindly. As bitter as this may sound, we must understand that a marriage relationship is a union between two uncommon blood instigated by emotions and feelings that are easily redefined. The end result of every relationship still boiled down to our homes (parent) and where we grow up. We must listen to our parents sometimes, but they are stages in life despite at maturity that mature ideas are very demanding to live a life, especially when it concerns love. No mother/mother will want to be an obstacle to his/her children goodwill. No. All depends on how matured we are in such a relationship and reasons why the love we have for each other must live and leads to marriage.

Love is a strong bond and this bond is for a lifetime and our parents play their part and also see reasons why our choices are not just emotional. To me, If for eg i have a son with a choice of two girls to marry. I will ask my son to go ahead and marry the very girl who could hardly explains why she loves my son if eventually the other girl has her reasons for loving him.

This is hard to advice for one to stay and fight. To me, all I will say is that; the lady should go back to her drawing board and find out reasons why she loves the guy and equally find out why the parents of her guy detest her. Let her know that love is unconditional and the reasons she is not approved of to marry their son is very conditional.

11 Likes

Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by Sunmibare6(m): 8:49pm On Apr 29, 2017
Prevention is better than cure.. Let her leave now .!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by b3llo(m): 8:49pm On Apr 29, 2017
This is a tough one... Does the guy stand up for her in front of his parents? If no! she should walk away because this would go on till they are married. But if the guy has a mind of his own she should stick to her man and fight for Love.

3 Likes

Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by dingbang(m): 8:49pm On Apr 29, 2017
ednut1:
abroad is even too far... In my case.. My wife is my wife..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 29, 2017
Akshow:
who prayer help?
E help me alot BRO smiley cool

#YOLO

8 Likes

Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 8:50pm On Apr 29, 2017
9jayes:

Love conquered all things
Love conquers nothing

wake up

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by Nobody: 8:50pm On Apr 29, 2017
ednut1:
Haba make dem elope

But will he sleep well knowing his mum will disown him .. make the guy no hate the girl later in future
Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by SINZ: 8:51pm On Apr 29, 2017
*strikes a pose for the camera*

wink tongue grin

7 Likes

Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 29, 2017
Family first these are people you fall back to in good or bad situations, friends may come and go

4 Likes

Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 29, 2017
dingbang:
My mum dare not pull dat stunt on d girl I wana marry.. Cuz me I will change it for her

Trust me mums and their sons it can be tough one

You sure you can tell her that to her face ..
Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by LAFO: 8:52pm On Apr 29, 2017
Honestly in my opinion, don't marry into a family you're not welcome.

This is a life time affair.
You 'may' regret it

Better to be pained now and get over it than be in torment from your husby's family everyday of your life.

#MyOpinion

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by Nobody: 8:52pm On Apr 29, 2017
Family first these are people you fall back to in good or bad situations, friends come and go

1 Like

Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by Nobody: 8:52pm On Apr 29, 2017
Following
Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by KennyID17(m): 8:52pm On Apr 29, 2017
Wow! Bumbae create topic! shocked shocked

Well lemme put in my humble piece, I'm not really experienced in these matters, but i feel d dude in question should make his stand known, if he really wants her, he would work with his fiancée to convince hos folks into accepting her.

I would advice u to tell ur friend to never go into this institution with her in-laws hell bent on frustrating her. That is just a recipe for disaster!

hope her potential in-laws have a change of heart and accept her if not she just gon' have to accept that this ain't meant to b.

Regards to this friend of urs! She can contact me, I'm looking to settle down! grin grin grin tongue

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

So Far I Have Slept With 18 Married Women / I Caught My Senior Brother Fucking Our Neighbour's Wife / Wooing (Toasting) a Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.