Stats: 3,152,930 members, 7,817,721 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved (28204 Views)

Repentant’ Boko Haram Members Arrive Maiduguri From Niger With Military Aircraft / Ministerial Screening: Lawan Asks Amaechi To “Take A Bow” / Benue Flood: FG To Dredge River Benue – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by hokafor(m): 7:44pm On May 06, 2017
Amaechi forget story, good luck maybe crook but how can u possibly dredge riverniger with 100million?Have u started campaigning for 2019? Nigerians are wiser now, change format.

Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by wirinet(m): 7:55pm On May 06, 2017
hokafor:
Amaechi forget story, good luck maybe crook but how can u possibly dredge riverniger with 100million? Have u started campaigning for 2019? Nigerians are wiser now, change format.

Amaechi already stated the how in the article, but if you have problems reading and comprehending English language, get an interpreter to interpret in your local dialect.
Here is how amaechi said he would dredge the River Niger with N100 million;

L
“The NIWA MD told me the agency has dredgers, but it’s been hired out to somebody in Port Harcourt. So, we had dredgers, but the previous administration hired them out to some persons in Port Harcourt while paying a contractor billions of naira to use privately owned dredgers at a very high cost.

“I told the NIWA MD that I will look for money to fuel their dredgers, and work has started. That is why we are dredging the River Niger with just N100 million,” Mr. Amaechi said

Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by fantastique4: 7:57pm On May 06, 2017
intruxive:
See pure hate bn spilled above. Ameachi is solving a problem yet some particular ppl just want to hate for no reason yet they want things to change angry you peoples problem is factory fitted, no solution in sight
solving a problem by mere words of mouth? What tangible thing have they done since they assumed office. All promises and no result.

Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by bizzibodi(m): 8:01pm On May 06, 2017
Fogman:
The Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, on Thursday, finally humbled former President, Goodluck Jonathan’s ego, by accusing the former President of wasting N34 billion on the dredging of River Niger.

Amaechi said this at a Conference on Fast-Tracking Port Reforms, hosted by The Nation newspaper, in conjunction with the Federal Ministry of Transportation, in Lagos.

While speaking, Amaechi said: “When the River Niger was first approved for dredging by the previous administration, it was approved for N47 billion, and N34 billion was paid to the contractor. Dancers were called in and there was a party.

“We are not dredging the River Niger with billions of naira; we are dredging the River Niger with just N100 million. When we flagged it off recently, did you see us dancing? Was there a party? I just went to see the Governor, and told him that the project will start today, and will be finished in one month.

“The Governor said he will accompany me, and I said ‘ok’. So, I asked the Governor to flag it off, since it’s located in his State.”

Commenting on concerns raised in certain quarters on how the government plans to execute the dredging exercise with N100 million as against the N47 billion earmarked for same by Jonathan’s government, the former Rivers State governor said the government would not employ the services of private dredgers.

“People are wondering how on earth we are going to dredge the River Niger for N100m, when the previous government awarded same contract for N47 billion?”, he said.

“But we are going to dredge the River Niger, using dredgers owned by the National Inland Waterways Authority, NIWA. NIWA has dredgers, but the previous government preferred to give contractors money to dredge the river with private dredgers while NIWA’s dredgers were lying idle somewhere in Port Harcourt.

“The NIWA MD told me the agency has dredgers, but it’s been hired out to somebody in Port Harcourt. So, we had dredgers, but the previous administration hired them out to some persons in Port Harcourt while paying a contractor billions of naira to use privately owned dredgers at a very high cost.

“I told the NIWA MD that I will look for money to fuel their dredgers, and work has started. That is why we are dredging the River Niger with just N100 million,” Mr. Amaechi said

http://www.post-nigeria.com/unforgettable-massive-jubilation-aso-rock-amaechi-finally-humbles-jonathan-drags-gutters/

Cc: Lalasticlala
Chukwu abiama bless Ameachi!and curse Gej for looting our money.
Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by Clean2016: 8:03pm On May 06, 2017
mr1759:
see mumu, if this news is true your claim cannot also be true go check your record it was our then sick President yaradua that was dredging not goodluck , good luck was only busy with realistic things like building railway etc

Goodluck dredge and my friend actually worked with the dredging company ask through GEJ tenure and I must confess it was sham

Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by lailo: 8:22pm On May 06, 2017
leofab:
Ordinary keke dredger that I installed in river Ethiope to make money even cost me almost 50M and this idiot want to dredge a river that cut across many states for 100M..madness at its peak..
u sef no get sense and e be like say u know go sch and can't comprehend simple expression.The 100 million naira is just for logistics and not to pay dredgers as they are already government workers that collect salaries every month doing nothing in office.The ministry or commission already has d instruments to use and experts,only to mobilize their people and resources.Should that now even cost as much as 100 million naira Mr too sabi?

Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by baralatie(m): 8:32pm On May 06, 2017
leofab:
Ordinary keke dredger that I installed in river Ethiope to make money even cost me almost 50M and this idiot want to dredge a river that cut across many states for 100M..madness at its peak..
lmao
Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by mr1759: 8:33pm On May 06, 2017
Clean2016:

Goodluck dredge and my friend actually worked with the dredging company ask through GEJ tenure and I must confess it was sham

it was ya radua that dredge the man was wasting our money but when good luck came he stop it
Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by baralatie(m): 8:35pm On May 06, 2017
lailo:

u sef no get sense and e be like say u know go sch and can't comprehend simple expression.The 100 million naira is just for logistics and not to pay dredgers as they are already government workers that collect salaries every month doing nothing in office.The ministry or commission already has d instruments to use and experts,only to mobilize their people and resources.Should that now even cost as much as 100 million naira Mr too sabi?
do you think river Niger dredging is river ethiope or IMO river
hian!

Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by baralatie(m): 8:35pm On May 06, 2017
mr1759:

it was ya radua that dredge the man was wasting our money but when good luck came he stop it
you dey mind amaechi!
Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by ebifeventures(m): 8:38pm On May 06, 2017
See lies oo, small dredging reclamation job we are venturing into is costing about 1.2 billion because we are to used conventional dredge . Amachi u can lie

Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by leofab(f): 8:46pm On May 06, 2017
TheCabal:

SAI BABA
na one week dem wan dredge am? Do you know how much is a litter of diesel ?
Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by leofab(f): 8:50pm On May 06, 2017
lailo:

you are very foolish to insinuate this,/' talking from experience ; I know how much I spent on diesel everyday to power one dredger and have not even dredged up to 100 SqM for almost two years now.. no to talk to dredging from Ajakota to Onitsha.. or he meant 100M to drive the dredgers from Ajokuta to Onitsha? Do you even know how dredging works?
Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by leofab(f): 8:50pm On May 06, 2017
Leiman100:
if you don't know how to read ask those who do. The reason behind dredging it for 100m as against the 47b is clearly stated unless you are been mischievious
read what?
Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by leofab(f): 8:52pm On May 06, 2017
Kiakia:
Did you read the post at all?
go to a beach and see how dredging works.. you think you can dredge a 100sqm in a month ? Then do the maths and come back
Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by dyangprof(m): 9:01pm On May 06, 2017
angeltolly:
We will..... We shall...., Soon....., By next year....., Before 2019...., Before Jesus come...... .
PROMISE, PROMISE..... YOU TALK TOO MUCH angry Why not carry out a project and present result.

Na wa, Na real wa

Govt of future tense indeed.

its quite a pity dat apc hav sagnented d masses into infinitesimal nothing.
Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by Elijahhopelarry(m): 9:15pm On May 06, 2017
how can 100M dredge river niger?
Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by GameGod(m): 9:27pm On May 06, 2017
leofab:
50M? lai grin
Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by donttouch: 9:32pm On May 06, 2017
bkool7:
Gej , over to you forgot.

So when Gej started acting as president what stops hI'm from revoking the contract ?
Yar Adua flagged it off and paid N34b but up till now nothing was done . Gej spent 6 years and he didn't see anything wrong with that .
Like say ur mama swallow the cum or ur papa discipline himself use condom, the mumus in this world would have been one person lesser.
The person that used N67m buy 1 bottle of Malta Guinness to host Wole Soyinka for one night, has turned to tell u dat he will dredge River Niger with N100m, and u not only believed him, but want to compare him to GEJ?

Bros, ur matter no get remedial.
Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by mattsejuro(m): 9:35pm On May 06, 2017
leofab:

evening miss, pls av bn looking for 500k to start poultry business.
I would be grateful if u can grant me..even if its a loan.
Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by masqot(m): 9:53pm On May 06, 2017
Your 30 days start now...
Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by Jokkarm2: 10:03pm On May 06, 2017
I dnt believ this story, in dredging we have what is called MOB AND DEMOB that one alone can take 8million, you will buy deasel, you will hire excavator, or swam buggy, for days of the dredging that machine is like 150k a day , you will also pay allowances and fuel it .

Ask Amechi how many months of dredging , what is the distance you want to dredg.

Just private dredging takes more than that his 100m , talk less of FG.

He should tell the zoos that lie not people like us.

Let him work first and stop mentioning good luck .
Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by AJJ17(m): 10:05pm On May 06, 2017
wirinet:

Amaechi already stated the how in the article, but if you have problems reading and comprehending English language, get an interpreter to interpret in your local dialect.
Here is how amaechi said he would dredge the River Niger with N100 million;Thank you jare.
I find it hard how people just would determine to be negative even when truth is glaring yet they complain about how hard things are, castigating everyone in government. See something good and appreciate it, he is engaging NIWA not private firms, naturally the cost will reduce drastically, the engineers there are on government payroll, the equipment and tools are government owned and so on. I think we should try to be objective and applaud laudable projects. Lets be positive and hope it will be successful instead of just being sentimental just because we don't like the man. I bet some didn't even read the article before commenting.

Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by Jokkarm2: 10:11pm On May 06, 2017
bizzibodi:

Chukwu abiama bless Ameachi!and curse Gej for looting our money.

Why do you just believ thus man, is not porsible to dredge river niger with 100m

Amechi is not saying the truth and he knows . Ask him , his mind is telling him that he s lying
Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by Charly68: 10:13pm On May 06, 2017
47b contract reduced to 100m Thank God for the change .

Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by QuickStandard: 10:14pm On May 06, 2017
A friend of mine is currently overseeing a dredging project at alaba Creek just to sell sand And in less than 2months they ve spent close to 50mil
I wonder how 100m will dredge river Niger.
We are watching the many propagandas
Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by humberjade: 10:23pm On May 06, 2017
kropotokin33:
dredge river Niger with 100 million grin

Why not reduce it to 20 million

useless propaganda to discredit a just man

Amaechi is a thief

lol he go use 100 million drain nkisi river not river Niger

why not 100 thousands

I agree with everything thing u typed, and i also agree with you that this Buhari's government has so many faults....But pls tell me, How is Goodluck Ebele Jonathan a just man?
Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by profosa: 10:31pm On May 06, 2017
They are using NIWA staffs for Mob and Demob.NIWA owns the equipment.NIWA equipment were rented out earlier,were is the revenue,was it ploughed back,NIWA has used 100 million so far.that means they can use more.
Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by Slurity(m): 10:34pm On May 06, 2017
mr1759:
see mumu, if this news is true your claim cannot also be true go check your record it was our then sick President yaradua that was dredging not goodluck , good luck was only busy with realistic things like building railway etc
Na small like this e remain you for get sense. if yar adua award the contract what stop Jonathan from revoking it? yet he went ahead to approve payment

Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by xelly: 10:40pm On May 06, 2017
When did Amaechi become a contractor dredging rivers? Regarding the price, shee name Erosion him the create channels for? Abi name Fish pond him want build?
Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by Nobody: 10:59pm On May 06, 2017
English graduate and politician, whose antecedents shines in bigotry and controversy. I mean wat else do you expect from him? Since he became minister of transport he hasn't completed a single project and he is trying to hit a past president; honestly I hope you complete this one and I will be the first to applaud you else you remain a scornful scumbag who has no clue of what being a minister of transport is.

President Buhari In Close Door Meeting With Simon Lalong (Photos) / NBA Conference: Shettima Dressed Shabbily To Distract Nigerians – Omokri / Godwin Obaseki: "Jide Tinubu’s Death, Huge Loss To Nigeria"