Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,213 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? (10680 Views)

Niger Deltans Are Cowards We Know What To Do To Them - Nnamdi Kanu / South Africans Are Big Cowards!!! / Niger Delta Oil Is Useless. Tompolo, Dokubo Are Cowards.- A Radio Caller. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by alias64: 8:55am On Jan 15, 2010

shilling (f)

Interesting that a non-Nigerian, but he's so interested in what goes on in our country. You raised some valid points here and there, nevertheless, it is rude and downright disrespectful to call a person, or group of people cowards. If you really care that much, go over to Naija and make a difference, if not, go read a book or something.

There are many none-paye foreigners very interested in Nigeria. African wars provide excellent financial opportunities 
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by uredor: 10:11am On Jan 15, 2010
Well, we'll continue to be if we do nothing won't we?
We might not take up arms to fight, but we're intelligent people, we could find other ways, just an opinion.
Check out www.blackinspire.com
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by EmmanuelM1(f): 12:39pm On Jan 15, 2010
Nigerian Men ain't cowards.Any one that say so properly does not know the true meaning of the word coward.let me freely educate such a person.the word coward means - somebody lacking courage: somebody regarded as fearful and uncourageous.Now you do know the true meaning of the word coward can you truely say that NAIJA men are cowards if Yes then you don't know Nigeria or It's just people around you that are cowards.Thank you for reading am out!ENJOY
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Kobojunkie: 3:18pm On Jan 15, 2010
Emmanuel.M:

Nigerian Men ain't cowards.Any one that say so properly does not know the true meaning of the word coward.let me freely educate such a person.[b][size=13pt]the word coward means - somebody lacking courage: somebody regarded as fearful and uncourageous.[/size][/b]Now you do know the true meaning of the word coward can you truely say that NAIJA men are cowards if Yes then you don't know Nigeria or It's just people around you that are cowards.Thank you for reading am out!ENJOY

a) Refusal/Inability to step to demand Government work for the people and not for the pockets of individuals

b) Chosing to cower rather than go up to elected leaders to demand change in the right direction for OUR future and the future of our Children

c) Refusal to vote with claims that our votes don't count

d) Refusal to do WHATEVER IT TAKES to see change and justice in our situation  ( legal)

e) Constantly rebutting calls for action with claims that those in government are UNTOUCHABLE

f) Continually pointing fingers, and condemning those in leadership as being the corrupt ones in Nigeria, but never batting an eyelid when it comes to bribing one's way through a long line, police blockade etc
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by uredor: 3:39pm On Jan 15, 2010
@Emmanuel, I agree with Kobojunkie.

Those actions can in reality be described as cowardly o

www.blackinspire.com
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by monkeyleg: 3:51pm On Jan 15, 2010
We all have an opportunity to contribute to a progressive Nigeria, please everyone, do your own little bit
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by NIGboi(m): 7:50pm On Jan 15, 2010
Kobojunkie:

OK! Let us go with your NOT believing women are inferior, but don't you agree that you are in the minority, when it comes to Africa, and Nigeria in general? I mean there is no need for us to feign ignorance of this problem, even at this time. Women are generally considered inferior in our society and the womenfolk are still fighting that to a greater extent than their european and western counterparts.

About who a real man is, I still believe society creates these ideologies and society can best answer that question.

I may actually be in the minority as u say, but women are also culprits in believing that they are inferior. Maybe they are taught to think like that.
if you think yourself to be lower than someone, that person will consciously or unconciously treat u as a lower being. i think that is what happens in most cases.

for instance, when theblessed is talking about real mean standing for something, i believe that since she is shouting for equality, real women should also be involved. so both men and women are to blame. so when u say there are no real men. it also means that there no real women! (logically).

who makes up the society? its you and me, people, so these ideologies are made by humans so they have to be defined by humans. so the society that should define real men is us.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Theblessed(f): 11:06pm On Jan 15, 2010
Emmanuel.M:

Nigerian Men ain't cowards.Any one that say so properly does not know the true meaning of the word coward.let me freely educate such a person.the word coward means - somebody lacking courage: somebody regarded as fearful and uncourageous.Now you do know the true meaning of the word coward can you truely say that NAIJA men are cowards if Yes then you don't know Nigeria or It's just people around you that are cowards.Thank you for reading am out!ENJOY

[b]B  a  l  o  n  e  y! 

If Nigerian men are not cowards what are they, then?  Siddon dey look, hey?  Siddon dey look for the Ethiopians or the Egyptians or who to do the dirty job for them?  Or for we women to carry Klashnikoff to Abuja while they watch, eh? I wonder who's on the throne at Abuja, na woman?

You came here to educate us about the meaning of the word coward when you do not understand the meaning, yourself. 

Yes, it means lacking in courage and, what is courage?  The ability to do something - or ability to do something that frightens one. Oh, did I hear frightens? It also, means lacking the strength to do something in the face of pain and grief. Obviously, pain and grief are frightening experiences, ain't they? 

So, what are you talking about?

Now, tell me (aside, those already in the Military because, they are conditioned to do so!) how many Nigerian men would volunteer to go to high hills and mountains in order to strengthen our Country?  Count them?  I mean, going to Abuja to challenge the powers that be - certainly, that would be a frightening nightmare for most of them!!!!

Until you are able to answer these questions then, you'd know who should be doing the dirty job!  Let them show the initiative and see whether Nigerian women would support them or not, before you start defending the indefensible, as such acts can only promulgate and have promulgated stagnation in every aspect of our lives in this Country.

Please, help build Nigeria by criticizing the evil in it - that way you contribute in your own small ways to change in our blessed Country.  The problem with some of you is that, you worry about your image and how other people would perceive you on here but, that has a lot to do with confidence, I understand! To that I say, don't worry about receiving negative remarks about your views because, that's what Democracy is all about.     If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen!

People will always criticise you, good or bad and they don't have to like you, do they? Or do you like everyone on here on N/L, yourself??  Obviously, not - so don't expect everyone to like you then, because, it's natural for people to dislike/hate.  Please, chew on this and help make a change with your fingers and vocals if you can because, you are a human being and you must be heard.
[/b]
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by NIGboi(m): 12:09am On Jan 16, 2010
Theblessed:

[b]B a l o n e y!

If Nigerian men are not cowards what are they, then? Siddon dey look, hey? Siddon dey look for the Ethiopians or the Egyptians or who to do the dirty job for them? Or for we women to carry Klashnikoff to Abuja while they watch, eh? I wonder who's on the throne at Abuja, na woman?

You came here to educate us about the meaning of the word coward when you do not understand the meaning, yourself.

Yes, it means lacking in courage and, what is courage? The ability to do something - or ability to do something that frightens one. Oh, did I hear frightens? It also, means lacking the strength to do something in the face of pain and grief. Obviously, pain and grief are frightening experiences, ain't they?

So, what are you talking about?

Now, tell me (aside, those already in the Military because, they are conditioned to do so!) how many Nigerian men would volunteer to go to high hills and mountains in order to strengthen our Country? Count them? I mean, going to Abuja to challenge the powers that be - certainly, that would be a frightening nightmare for most of them!!!!

Until you are able to answer these questions then, you'd know who should be doing the dirty job! Let them show the initiative and see whether Nigerian women would support them or not, before you start defending the indefensible, as such acts can only promulgate and have promulgated stagnation in every aspect of our lives in this Country.

Please, help build Nigeria by criticizing the evil in it - that way you contribute in your own small ways to change in our blessed Country. The problem with some of you is that, you worry about your image and how other people would perceive you on here but, that has a lot to do with confidence, I understand! To that I say, don't worry about receiving negative remarks about your views because, that's what Democracy is all about. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen!

People will always criticise you, good or bad and they don't have to like you, do they? Or do you like everyone on here on N/L, yourself?? Obviously, not - so don't expect everyone to like you then, because, it's natural for people to dislike/hate. Please, chew on this and help make a change with your fingers and vocals if you can because, you are a human being and you must be heard.
[/b]

welcome back cheesy. was actually wondering where u have been.
you made some good points here but i do not totally agree with them.
in the first bolded part, i take it that u are referring to taking up arms or dieing for your country. all over the world, several revolutions have taken place, but first a breaking point has to be reached. it took hundreds of years before the masses actually reached breaking point. the nigerian case must not be bloody. we don't have to take up arms to turn this nation around.
come to think of it, how many 'oyibo' men will agree to go to the high hills for the sake of their countries?

second bolded part, u have always been talking about gender inequality, why do u have to wait for the men to start it first? i believe we are equals, so it won't matter who starts, will it?

for the last bolded part, there is too much of talk going on about the evils of Nigeria and that will not solve the problem. It won't even reduce it.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Theblessed(f): 3:43am On Jan 16, 2010
N.I.Gboi:

welcome back cheesy. was actually wondering where u have been.
you made some good points here but i do not totally agree with them.
in  the first bolded part, i take it that [b]u are referring to taking up arms or dieing for your country. al[/b]l over the world, several revolutions have taken place, but first a breaking point has to be reached. it took hundreds of years before the masses actually reached breaking point. the nigerian case must not be bloody. we don't have to take up arms to turn this nation around.
come to think of it, how many 'oyibo' men will agree  to go to the high hills for the sake of their countries?

second bolded part, u have always been talking about gender inequality, why do u have to wait for the men to start it first? i believe we are equals, so it won't matter who starts, will it?

for the last bolded part, there is too much of talk going on about the evils of Nigeria and that will not solve the problem. It won't even reduce it.

[b]Oh, didn't know you've been waiting for me! Ask those who know me here, not the type that shy away from issues, got it? Ok! 

I scanned through one of your post alleging that I have issues with Nigerian men, I want to make this clear to you now, so that you don't keep going on and on and on!

Firstly, I don't have any specific issue with Nigerian men rather, the bone I have with them or should I say African men as a whole are socially and culturally based, tinged with political factors though, politics is not my forte, as a Nigerian that loves her country, am bound to be involved here, too. 

Yes, socially, EQUITY, JUSTICE and FAIRNESS is a thing of the past in Nigeria. I don't think Nigerians had ever known or ever experienced these ideologies first hand and in its full gear, to have the oomph to make a change in these aspects as one can not miss what they haven't got, right? Just as our Democracy is non-existent so are these three and if available and accessible, Nigerian women are the last to enjoy it even though, everyone is entitled to them irrespective of age, sex, gender, race, ethnicity, tribe, religion and disability, right? So, why do African men (let me just focus on Nigerians) think its their God given right to use, enjoy and abuse these Rights without any consideration of their women? 

You will have Nigerian men shot you down via abuse, intimidation and control and sometimes physical harassments.  For example, last month here on N/L the story was that a young lady was dismissed from her job for having a baby out of wedlock.  How fair is this? You mentioned that I am also fuming about gender inequalities - what does that look to you? If a woman is sacked from her job, her only source of income to feed herself and family, where's the hopes for women in this country. Since am fuming about gender inequalities, tell me, if an unmarried man doing the same job had had a child out of wedlock would he still be sacked?

Again, not quite long ago, in Northern Nigeria, a woman was despoiled by one cranky slowpoke of a man and found herself pregnant by the whole experience and the courts their ordered that she should be flogged and stone to death, why, how unfair and archaic in this 21st Century? And we supposed to be One Nigerian here and have one Constitution, abi? Or are we being One Nigeria when it suited us? Why should women in the North be treated differently from anyone in the South? This episode took international outcry and interventions by Governments and Charity Organisations to save the life of that woman and her children as they managed to sneak her out of the country. What kind of a Country is this? You get despoiled, made pregnant and eventually got killed or imprisoned and the man walks free boy, is that your justice? If that woman was your sister would you tolerate this kind of justice for her or sit on your back side and watch her go to the gallows for a sin she did not commit. Search your hearts all of you!

Look, if its good enough for the goose, it's damn good enough for the gander, ok!

Nigerian women deserve much, much better and we demand it. As long as Western women got theirs after many years of struggles, Nigerian women will get theirs, eventually. Thank God the Terrestrial tv's and Satellites Dishes are all beaming into our lounges/sitting rooms everyday thereby diluting every hard core and authentic cultures globally, even China can not swear by its might in this area now, as they are going through the dilemma - so it's not gonna be long! cool cool cool cool cool

Also politically, you alleged that I am referring to taking up arms to achieve progress, development and unity in my country and if that is the case, why not? If that's what it would take to stop this nightmare of poverty experience by Nigerians up and down the country and caused by deep rooted fraud, corruption, embezzlement fuelled by insatiable greed, you name it - why shouldn't Nigerians take action to that effect when everything else is not working? All avenues have been exhausted, what are you guys waiting for?

I hear you ask, why can't Nigerian women take the initiative since they want equality? Well, you guys have not shown us that we are equals yet, until you do so then you'd realise what we can do! If you guys would do away with cowardice and take the bull by the horns perhaps, like the Marcoses of the Philippines, these so called Nigerian elites with no shame and remorse would begin to fear for their own dear lives, their children and grand children's lives as many Nigerian children are dying and perishing everyday from the effects of their actions - poverty.

Tell me, who in their right minds would like to see unclothed children with swollen stomach, oedematous hands/legs with dying eyes staring at them in hunger and helplessness, if not one with a heart of stone? Should I talk about our infrastructures?  Should I talk about our Hospitals? Oyibo toilets are even better than our hospitals and, that's why our President is abroad receiving quality healthcare, shame!! Our Schools, Colleges and Universities, nko?  Don't even go there.  Again, they are all well resourced and that's why all their children are being educated abroad and poor Nigerians are at home struggling, fighting and suffering in the hands of ASSU, how fantastic!

Are you still there? I wonder! If that's not enough I wonder what is and I must warn you, this is the anger of woman that loves her Country, if you don't know that, yet! Therefore, based on your inference if it would take revolutions to knock sense into the so called leaders of our country (past and present) and, for the sake/love of our country then, let's do it for a change and for the next generation! angry angry angry angry angry

Again, should there be revolution as you said, don't you reckon they'd be the first to leave the Country with their families just as the the Marcos of Philippines did, and where would they be running to this time, if not the West for some of them and Middle East for most? They can run but they won't hide because, Nigerians in Diaspora will deal with them, anywhere they go. Therefore, revolution is necessary for Nigeria to get out of this nightmare because, enough is enough of these abuses of our people and country!

And now, for those who support all these atrocities in our Country, your negativities are all welcome! Cheers!
[/b]
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Ndipe(m): 12:58am On Feb 18, 2011
invisible!:

Those countries you mentioned, Liberia, Ivory coast, Cuba, are their citizens better off after the fight. Truth is, the elites will escape with their families while the poor fight each other till death. The rich always come back and regain their top positions after the fight. Ask Ojukwu.

Its in the house of the coward that men stand and point at the spot where the brave man's compound used to be.

Na true you talk. The rich will conscript the poor into fighting a civil war and eventually would abandon them to fend for themselves while they are living in exile at the mercy of their host country. And when they return home, they are granted a heroic welcome.

Nah!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Nobody: 9:30am On Feb 18, 2011
Too much talk we need action cool
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:47am On Feb 18, 2011
blink182:

Too much talk we need action cool

Now, who to bell the cat grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Nobody: 10:14am On Feb 18, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

Now, who to bell the cat grin
So the person can get shot in broad day light like a common thief
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Nobody: 10:21am On Feb 18, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

Now,  who to bell the cat  grin
So the person can get shot in broad day light like a common thief
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by bkbabe97y(m): 11:16am On Feb 18, 2011
Lol. Back when I was "Neutral". . . .

Before running into mad men like Eziachi, Mental Gong, DeDe1, Andre Uweh and all his aliases, Mekuxshitty, Nchara, OnlyTruth and co. . . . .
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Nobody: 4:48am On Dec 01, 2014
eddiebomba:
I'm sorry to say this, but I will - The reason why nigerians are cowards is because deep down, [size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][b]Nigerians are slaves[/b][/size][/size][/size]  [size=8pt][size=8pt]embarassed embarassed cry cry cry- [/size][/size]we are people with slave mentalities being ruled by people with slave mentalities; that's why the people don't have a voice when our leaders take us for a ride like they've been doing for the past 50 days with Yar'Adua; that's why we put people in govt and can't get them out when they fail us; that's why our leaders can make such stupid arrogant statements such as "Yar'adua can rule from anywhere"You may not want to accept it, but it's theterrible truth: [size=8pt][size=8pt][b]NIGERIANS ARE MOSTLY SLAVES[/b][/size][/size]

why the mention?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by lyntiffany(f): 8:32am On Dec 01, 2014
invisible2:
The revolution is on?

Ok, start from the inside, charity begins at home. Some of us have fraudulent dads, mums, uncles, aunts, cousins, nephews, inlaws etc and we fail to report their evil deeds because we are related to them. We also benefit from their ill-gotten wealth, until we fight our own corrupt people, until we start to confront our councilors in our localities, the revolution will never begin.
The best comment I have stormed upon on Nairaland so far. Family is the smallest unit of a nation, it's the primary thing one has to tackle 1st before any other thing.Thanks bro for your commentus.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between Law And Policy? / Wikileak's Revelation On Fuel Subsidy & Gej Corrupt Practices / Bomb Factory Found In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.