Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,107 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? (10678 Views)

Niger Deltans Are Cowards We Know What To Do To Them - Nnamdi Kanu / South Africans Are Big Cowards!!! / Niger Delta Oil Is Useless. Tompolo, Dokubo Are Cowards.- A Radio Caller. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by bkbaybe99: 8:12pm On Jan 12, 2010
kcibe:

This was a good one that needed some teaching,explanations to the writer but so many people instaed of giving LECTURES are busy causing, BAD.To the poster;the reasons are many;
1.the people that can effect these changes are not rich enough to carry it out.This is a very expensive project.The people that can do  it are enjoying the riches of ill-gotten money.
2.The great betrayal of the Ibo would make anybody think twice before adventuring to such a project again.
The changes are coming but very gradual.i visited Lagos [oshodi and other places] i saw the difference when compared to 5years ago when i left nig.This is a one-man army.We are gradually moving towards an improved Nigeria--cos the era of massive rigging of election is at sight.When true leathers emerge will will be better.
3.Those that stole our money in mils and bils doesn't teach their children that there can be a better life for the populace.some of us that struggled and are in G8 countries are really learning very fast and will soon make an impact in nigeria.Belive me the generation of your dad[poster]are those that came to abroad with a looting treasury from their father ,grand father or any other family members.They don't care for changes

thanx a lot for your 'input'. if i can call it that. great betrayal of what ibo? please lets not go there as that is not what i'm suggesting. u notice that, thankfully, almost everyone that has contributed to this piece, has refused to say anything relating to the civil war as it has no bearing in this instance.

Belive me the generation of your dad[poster]are those that came to abroad with a looting treasury from their father ,grand father or any other family members.They don't care for changes
[quote][/quote]

really, u think? he came here on looted funds? his generation?!! wow!!! thanx a lot once again. maybe I should put you on the phone with him so you can share experiences, and he can tell you how he so did not come to this country on looted funds,. once again, thanx for nothing!!!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by degubi(m): 9:01pm On Jan 12, 2010
Not all Nigerians are cowards at least we have individuals who are speaking out against the injustice in the land. But the reason why change seems to be far from us is simply because we are not united in purpose and we are just too much in terms of ethnicity with everyone more concerned about his own personal benefits.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by louchi: 9:09pm On Jan 12, 2010
Nigerians are not cowards, they are waiting for a messiah. I have a strategy but I wont nairalanders home and abroad to be serious about this issue, we are talking about the future of our homeland. If the leaders are not willing then we will make a way. are u all with me. this revolution can start on nairaland.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Kobojunkie: 9:19pm On Jan 12, 2010
al-qaeda:

i disagree with the poster. nigerians are not cowards. how can you call a person who crosses the street when a car at full speed is only 10 feet away a coward. your mistaken my friend. that is what i call bravery.

That is not bravery, that is stupidity. If we went with that logic of yours, we might as well conclude that Armed robbers are brave folks. grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by louchi: 9:21pm On Jan 12, 2010
first, is there any forum  with the title" Nigeria, the way forward", if not we need one. i'm sure of the 458000 members of nairaland at least a 100,000 can effectively be objective in this issue if it is "really" important to you that naija as a nation can flourish after being trampled upon.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by tbaba83(m): 9:23pm On Jan 12, 2010
this is why i love the internet so much. universal freedom of speech. Everyone can come online and rant till kingdom come. its easy 2 talk d talk but are u capable of walking d walk?
Let us all be honest we are all cowards. Some people blame people like me for leaving nigeria instead of staying behind and helping to develop. my answer is develop what?
How many of u in support that we are not cowards have stood up to a police officer who slapped a female civilian injustly without any provocation from her part. there u go. goodluck with ur rally
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by shilling(f): 9:32pm On Jan 12, 2010
Finally, someone thinks like me. I totally understand where you're coming from cos whenever I'm in Nigeria I always hear pple complaining about how Nigeria sucks and how no good will ever come out from our country. It's funny how they complain about how awful it is and at the same time, they're not doing anything about changing the situation of things, still as corrupt as ever, not changing their work ethics and stop complaining sooo much.

I think we can all do our own best to change Nigeria, so this year I've decided to think positively, and not complain so much cos murmuring doesn't solve anything. I guess if we all did a little bit to change Nigeria (living in NG or not), Nigeria will probably/hopefully get better this decade.

@ bk_baybe99: Just wondering, what are you doing to be a "better" Nigerian? If you've already answered that, sorry. Haven't read all the posts yet.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 12, 2010
How many of u in support that we are not cowards have stood up to a police officer who slapped a female civilian injustly without any provocation from her part. there u go. goodluck with your rally

Good one!!!

Easy to shout we are not cowards, but everyday we see injustice in all its form, and people just pass by like nothing happened.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Onwan: 9:39pm On Jan 12, 2010
If you want to "fight" the "injustice" start from yourself!, lets see you as an example. BUT don't get all up in that your "revolution" thinking, you sound so illiterate.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 12, 2010
Illiterate?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by NIGboi(m): 9:50pm On Jan 12, 2010
@poster- if u call Nigerians cowards, then u are a bigger one!
@ikengawo - why don't u shoot them urself?

I won't call Nigerians cowards, its just that most Nigerians don't believe in Nigerians don't believe in Nigeria anymore. they are just l
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by louchi: 9:55pm On Jan 12, 2010
you are right in so many ways, for you to even think like this shows you have the interest.  I know their are nigerians of different ethnic groups who dont conform to tribalism, but seek that which benefits all. an open mind is a start if this generation is to achieve anything I hope nairaland is not full of jokers. which is worse a coward, who decides not to go to the battle field,(at least u know he is not present) or a joker  who goes to the battle field and shows his incompetence. we need for once to start thinking on our toes, or stand aside and groan about how MTN or Sony insulted us.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Onwan: 10:09pm On Jan 12, 2010
yep - illiterate (Stillwater, to answer your question)

You only need to be educated enough and have enough exposure to compare Nigeria with other west-african countries and other African countries, especially those with resources.

You also need to understand that most of these "developed" countries are "developed" on loans AND at this time, they are very desperate and are practically colonizing countries they term "developing" OR "3rd world".

One way they can do that is to divide the country so as to destabilize the "Democracy" and with that they send their "peace" keeping forces - while you guys are thinking of where to go to as refugees, they will be busy drilling away and exporting away.

MEANWHILE, the stupid murderfuckers they have used to facilitate these things will be denied all that they promised them because those will not have anything to hold them by.

Those people they use are the ones that insight pigs like these poster and the rest of his co"revolutionaries", who will blindly fall for them and after it all they will be in a situation where they will not even have access to the computer without being checked by the US troops or "peace " keeping troops LET ALONE the Internet

You see?, thats why illiteracy is a disease,BUT I prefer to call it an accident.

So poster, go and rot in hell. Yaradua or no yaradua, I dont give a Zap; That Muttalab guy should have blown those idiots to Oyakhilome's Bliss for all I care,

BUT for you POSTER - I Pray the revolution you hope for Nigeria will happen in your home AND Family, Amen.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by sherrify: 10:16pm On Jan 12, 2010
@ bk_baybe99
First off, I don't have to introduce myself to those that already know me on here. I know some insults are coming and I'm braced,I aint really worried cus those that know definitely know that I'm writing this out of concern and love that I got for the people of that 'could be' great nation called Nigeria. It baffles me that the populace could be taken for a ride and like a buncha hypnotized monkeys just sit there and don't do nothing to change their destiny. Those that are familiar with what led to uprisings in Liberia, Sierra Leone, Ivory Coast, Dominican Republic (under Trujillo), Cuba (causing the rise of Castro), and as recently as The Phillipines, Thailand,and other spots around the world, knw that the nations above did not endure close to what Nigerians have endured before tearing they nation to bits asking for change. Every weekend, I hear my dad and his crew of living room gangstas scream to the high heavens about all that is wrong with Nigeria while none of them plan to go back to take action!!! I asked a friend of my dads,last weekend,why he didn't go back to try to effect some change if he so passionately believed in his rants. He looked at me like I had asked him to go into a boxing ring with the devil himself! His retort?'Why don't you go fight for them, you're young,they waiting for you. Why should I go fight for them?'. And mind you he wasn't joking, he meant it (I could tell cus he had that mad/evil look in his face). What's my biz with Nigeria? Why should I fight for her? Why can't her citizens pick up the gauntlet and chase the corrupt elite from power a la the french revolution? Why are Nigerians scared to lay they lives down for the good of the future? What are Nigerians scared of? Why are Nigerians cowardly?!
  ======================================
u think u ave spoken big time, hun pls don't let dis your blood pressure lead you to join alqeeda,we already ave enough with muattalib issue
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by kedukc(m): 10:18pm On Jan 12, 2010
+
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by MandingoII(m): 10:20pm On Jan 12, 2010
Why are Nigerians scared to lay they lives down for the good of the future? What are Nigerians scared of? Why are Nigerians cowardly?!

I agree. too much whiteman's religion and too much trying to hold onto the meager crumbs they already possess.

while thinking they blessed to have those crumbs,

I'm beginning to believe Nigerians are socialized to be COWARDS.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Lenny9000(m): 10:23pm On Jan 12, 2010
Blah! Blah! Blah! and most are not really answering the questions asked by this post. FELA already said the same thing the poster is kinda saying and he also gave the reason,

FELA
My people self dey fear to much!
We fear the air around us,
we fear to fight for JUSTICE!
we fear to fight for LIBERTY!

We always get reasons to fear
1.I no wan die
2.I no wan quech
3.I get one wife
4.Mama dey for house
5.Papa dey for house
6.I wan buld house
7. I wan enjoy

Those are the lyrics of FELAS song and it's still happening today. Still we have to give it up for the youths of Nigeria, because if anything they are the ones still fighting for the country even when they didnt destroy it. During the Babangida riots, it was the university students that fought, the solders and they fought bravely, the older peope went to hide.  And it's still happening today, the older ones that destroyed the country are relaxing and wants the youths to risk their lives again
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Onwan: 10:23pm On Jan 12, 2010
Typical writing of a man who suddenly realises he is a failure and has lost direction
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by louchi: 10:29pm On Jan 12, 2010
tbaba83:

this is why i love the internet so much. universal freedom of speech. Everyone can come online and rant till kingdom come. its easy 2 talk d talk but are u capable of walking d walk?
Let us all be honest we are all cowards. Some people blame people like me for leaving nigeria instead of staying behind and helping to develop. my answer is develop what?
How many of u in support that we are not cowards have stood up to a police officer who slapped a female civilian injustly without any provocation from her part. there u go. goodluck with your rally
At least you know where you stand with the issue, anyways their are others who think other wise. you are in a foreign land because its more comfortable, but  imagine the feeling of such comfort in your own country. question: is it possible or not ?  I think it is, because  I  know some countries who have come from shit holes to play well in the world stage  with less resources compared to nigeria. It took a lot of effort but it can be done. your ? above suggest a law enforcer slapping a female, even if he was provoked that is not right and unlawful, i'll deliver the same blow with better measure or not,  but I will deliver jungle justice to him, my way. smiley
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by louchi: 10:41pm On Jan 12, 2010
Onwan:

You only need to be educated enough and have enough exposure to compare Nigeria with other west-african countries and other African countries, especially those with resources.

You also need to understand that most of these "developed" countries are "developed" on loans AND at this time, they are very desperate and are practically colonizing countries they term "developing" OR "3rd world".

One way they can do that is to divide the country so as to destabilize the "Democracy" and with that they send their "peace" keeping forces - while you guys are thinking of where to go to as refugees, they will be busy drilling away and exporting away.

MEANWHILE, the silly murderfuckers they have used to facilitate these things will be denied all that they promised them because those will not have anything to hold them by.

Those people they use are the ones that insight pigs like these poster and the rest of his co"revolutionaries", who will blindly fall for them and after it all they will be in a situation where they will not even have access to the computer without being checked by the US troops or "peace " keeping troops LET ALONE the Internet

You see?, thats why illiteracy is a disease,BUT I prefer to call it an accident.

So poster, go and rot in hell. Yaradua or no yaradua, I dont give a Zap; That Muttalab guy should have blown those idiots to Oyakhilome's Bliss for all I care,

BUT for you POSTER - I Pray the revolution you hope for Nigeria will happen in your home AND Family, Amen.

those who who dont give a Bleep are the ones that actually get bleeped, do you know that. care enough to make a contribution, if naija gets better will u not enjoy it.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by JamiyuRaimi(m): 12:24am On Jan 13, 2010
De way we got our freedom is affecting us. We got it so cheap and we tend 2 adapt 2 any condition we find ourself in. Resolution is not going 2 work in dis country coz we are all afraid 2 die because of our selfish interests. Who go die make de others live 2 enjoy our sweat?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Theblessed(f): 1:08am On Jan 13, 2010
[b]Cowards?  You got it! Any man in the house? Naaaaaaaaaaa! I doubt it! grin grin grin grin No, there's no man in the house as they haven't got the stomach to challenge the powers at Abuja and, who would take the initiative?  Meeeeeeee! Who else? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Some don't even know where Abuja is and haven't been there before, won't even bother to find out let alone to have a show down with the powers that be. Otio o o o!

But if it was women issues - women asking for Equal Rights and respect, damn! Stop them! You see, they'd all be up in arms intimidating, controlling, abusing and crushing all our efforts in that respect.
No matter how hard we try to communicate sense to them, they still think we are trying to  take over the Universe and rule them, instead of finding a way to bring a change in our culture and country.  

You see, insecurity is the disease Nigerian men would have to get over with, as our men are nothing but mouth, mouth, mouth when it comes to dealing with challenges - in fact, a bunch of women wrappers confused of how to go about reclaiming back their own country! sad sad sad sad                       

And now, awaiting all the abuses - bring them on!
[/b]
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Nobody: 1:26am On Jan 13, 2010
I said this

stillwater:

Good one!!!

Easy to shout we are not cowards, but everyday we see injustice in all its form, and people just pass by like nothing happened.

You replied thus

Onwan:

What is the correlation of what I said with what you wrote? Is English Language a problem?

How does this refer to what I wrote? Where is the relationship?

Is this what you were able to deduce on what is happpening in Nigeria being the case in point? Ohhhh I see it's the usual blame the West and remove Nigeria's corrupt leaders and the "cowardly" masses off blame. Ohhh I get you now.

Does this make sense? You don't give a hoot but you shiver like a sick chicken when you hear the word revolution?

You have a one-track mind. Revolution can come in many forms not necessarily by violence.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by H2O2: 1:31am On Jan 13, 2010
We're cowards because we fear protests would escalate into violence.
The government-dogs aka police force will then hide being a restoration-of-order speech to justify the senseless killings that would erupt from police brutality.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Str8talk: 2:41am On Jan 13, 2010
Nija4life writes
", In 1967 the Igbos of Eastern Nigeria engaged the North of the country in a bloody civil war for perceived injustices (rightly or wrongly). The Igbos felt betrayed because other tribes whom they thought were with them were actually working against them."
Kedukc writes
", Yorubas will never be trusted, "

It will be helpful to produce proofs for these assertions!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by bkbaybe99: 2:53am On Jan 13, 2010
Onwan:

Onwan:

If you want to "fight" the "injustice" start from yourself!, lets see you as an example. BUT don't get all up in that your "revolution" thinking, you sound so illiterate.

You know, with the way you keep ranting, threathning, and insulting the President of The United States on every thread you follow me on, Im beginning to think u have something dangerous in mind against our president. I have a mind to note your IP addy and forward it to The Department of Homeland Security so you can get checked out; and trust me they'll gladly do it. So, please, for the last time, stay away from me!!! I dont know u, but u keep coming at me sideways. I'm sure they'd like to know how u got a visa to come here, how you know the president is a coke head, and why his 'alleged' coke addiction makes u so upset!
Onwan:

Typical writing of a man who suddenly realises he is a failure and has lost direction

Again, I dont know u. This is ur LAST CHANCE!!!!

N.I.Gboi:

@poster- if u call Nigerians cowards, then u are a bigger one!
@ikengawo - why don't u shoot them urself?

I won't call Nigerians cowards, its just that most Nigerians don't believe in Nigerians don't believe in Nigeria anymore.

Why would I wanna shoot anyone in Nigeria? My govt provides me with the best life can offer. Healthcare, education, security, transportation ect? I know where my president is even when he's on vacation ; can u say the same for urs? How am I a 'bigger' coward?!?!?

shilling:

Finally, someone thinks like me. I totally understand where you're coming from cos whenever I'm in Nigeria I always hear pple complaining about how Nigeria sucks and how no good will ever come out from our country. It's funny how they complain about how awful it is and at the same time, they're not doing anything about changing the situation of things, still as corrupt as ever, not changing their work ethics and stop complaining sooo much.

I think we can all do our own best to change Nigeria, so this year I've decided to think positively, and not complain so much cos murmuring doesn't solve anything. I guess if we all did a little bit to change Nigeria (living in NG or not), Nigeria will probably/hopefully get better this decade.

@ bk_baybe99: J[b]ust wondering, what are you doing to be a "better" Nigerian?[/b] If you've already answered that, sorry. Haven't read all the posts yet.

Well, I gotta become a Nigerian first before I become a 'better' Nigerian. What u think?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by bkbaybe99: 2:56am On Jan 13, 2010
Keduc
@poster; There are Nigerians and there are Biafrans, am sure your topic refers to the former, why the current mess?? cos till generations to come, yoruba will never be trusted (bow your ewedu heads in shame). Biafra was necessitated by grave massacres -- we talking train loads full of the bodies of our dead brothers.
It may come to that again, and we will give our last breath, the only reason we shall take up arms is to preserve what is left of our race on the face of this earth, the nigerdelta is being despoiled dead just like the nigerian soldiers did our women in the war, but the despoil will end someday, then shall the caliphate turn its eyes on your ewedu heads, and how dare you cry for help? understand that yar'adead is caliphate, PDP is their nollywood, usman fodio's goal was to extend the caliphate to the atlantic, open your eyes yoruba, they're almost there.

thanx but I'd appreciate if we stay away from Biafra on this on as it has no bearing with the topic at hand.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Nobody: 3:06am On Jan 13, 2010
First off, I don't have to introduce myself to those that already know me on here. I know some insults are coming and I'm braced,I aint really worried cus those that know definitely know that I'm writing this out of concern and love that I got for the people of that 'could be' great nation called Nigeria. It baffles me that the populace could be taken for a ride and like a buncha hypnotized monkeys just sit there and don't do nothing to change their destiny. Those that are familiar with what led to uprisings in Liberia, Sierra Leone, Ivory Coast, Dominican Republic (under Trujillo), Cuba (causing the rise of Castro), and as recently as The Phillipines, Thailand,and other spots around the world, knw that the nations above did not endure close to what Nigerians have endured before tearing they nation to bits asking for change. Every weekend, I hear my dad and his crew of living room gangstas scream to the high heavens about all that is wrong with Nigeria while none of them plan to go back to take action!!! I asked a friend of my dads,last weekend,why he didn't go back to try to effect some change if he so passionately believed in his rants. He looked at me like I had asked him to go into a boxing ring with the devil himself! His retort?'Why don't you go fight for them, you're young,they waiting for you. Why should I go fight for them?'. And mind you he wasn't joking, he meant it (I could tell cus he had that mad/evil look in his face). What's my biz with Nigeria? Why should I fight for her? Why can't her citizens pick up the gauntlet and chase the corrupt elite from power a la the french revolution? Why are Nigerians scared to lay they lives down for the good of the future? What are Nigerians scared of? Why are Nigerians cowardly?!

So why the hell did you create this thread?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Kobojunkie: 3:08am On Jan 13, 2010
Theblessed:

Cowards?  You got it! Any man in the house? Naaaaaaaaaaa! I doubt it! grin grin grin grin No, there's no man in the house as they haven't got the stomach to challenge the powers at Abuja and, who would take the initiative?  Meeeeeeee! Who else? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Some don't even know where Abuja is and haven't been there before, won't even bother to find out let alone to have a show down with the powers that be. Otio o o o!

But if it was women issues - women asking for Equal Rights and respect, damn! Stop them! You see, they'd all be up in arms intimidating, controlling, abusing and crushing all our efforts in that respect.

No matter how hard we try to communicate sense to them, they still think we are trying to  take over the Universe and rule them, instead of finding a way to bring a change in our culture and country. 

You see, insecurity is the disease Nigerian men would have to get over with, as our men are nothing but mouth, mouth, mouth when it comes to dealing with challenges - in fact, a bunch of women wrappers confused of how to go about reclaiming back their own country! sad sad sad sad                        

And now, awaiting all the abuses - bring them on!

You nailed it!!! ROFLMAO!!!!

grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by bkbaybe99: 3:09am On Jan 13, 2010
michelin89:

So why the hell did you create this thread?

^^^^ as usual, the m.o.r.on picks just one thing and decides thats the crux of the whole discussion^^^
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Nobody: 3:11am On Jan 13, 2010
bk_baybe99:

^^^^ as usual, the m.o.r.on picks just one thing and decides thats the crux of the whole discussion^^^

I read your post. Food for thought.

But then you ruined everything with that statement. If you are not ready to fight with us, keep your analysis to yourself. You are too arrogant for my liking. . .and moronic.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by bkbaybe99: 3:13am On Jan 13, 2010
If you know how to read, and more than that, comprehend, you will realize that that was a statement I made in my mind in response to my dad's friends question asking why I aint go fight on yalls behalf; u get it now miss smarty pants?!?!?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Inter-Zonal Rivalry Exposing EFCC Operatives In Lagos To COVID-19 Infection / Ibrahim Almustapha: Nigeria's Security Challenges Are Signs Of Greatness / Delta State Of the West , see the tribe in delta state, No igbo ThisGlob e.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.