Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,141 members, 7,842,281 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Femi Aribisala's Question About The Chibok Girls (See Tweet) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Aribisala's Question About The Chibok Girls (See Tweet) (37152 Views)

Oshiomhole And Obaseki’s Credentials By Femi Aribisala / Photos Of Salomi Pogu, The Chibok Girl Rescued Today / Presidency Reveals Name Of The Chibok Girl Who Escaped From Boko Haram Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Aribisala's Question About The Chibok Girls (See Tweet) by slivertongue: 8:28pm On May 11, 2017
certainly the truth will be told one day, it may take time but surely the girls will recount their experience

2 Likes

Re: Femi Aribisala's Question About The Chibok Girls (See Tweet) by Afam4eva(m): 8:29pm On May 11, 2017
FrankGiel:

My friend don't say what u don't know.. All over the world, they get to face psychologists for months before They talk. Stop all this nonsense.. Ordinary 5mins that Armed gunmen held Kim kardiashian hostage in Paris, she didn't say what happened for months.. Stop all this nonsense.
The stigma they face in Naija is far worse than other places.. Many of the girls cannot even return back to their communities cause of the shame.

Why are their faces all over the place? Why didn't they just hide them all together. Like i said, as long as the victims and their parents are comfortable with telling their story, nothing else matters.

3 Likes

Re: Femi Aribisala's Question About The Chibok Girls (See Tweet) by mfm04622: 8:30pm On May 11, 2017
UncleJudax:

What of the Batch A? They didn't stay up to 1000days, and have had enough rest. undecided

The first batch have given interviews various times. Not once, not twice. We Nigerians don't remember facts we don't like. That is all
Re: Femi Aribisala's Question About The Chibok Girls (See Tweet) by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 11, 2017
IpobExposed:
useless Liepods members looking for a way to compensate PDP.
PDP was clueless PDP let terrorist like Nnamdi Cow destroyed us.
Jesu kriste!!! You don't need to let us know that you are this stupid. Atleast pretend to be wise even if it's for the first in your life! This requires just simple logic but you have chosen not to use your brain. Maybe if I tell you that your brain is an app you'll start using it.

Maybe you're a certified zombie... It seems so.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Aribisala's Question About The Chibok Girls (See Tweet) by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 11, 2017
This is ipad's, ipod's, ipob's haven.
I refuse to be stvpid.
Re: Femi Aribisala's Question About The Chibok Girls (See Tweet) by Nobody: 8:36pm On May 11, 2017
mfm04622:

The first batch have given interviews various times. Not once, not twice. We Nigerians don't remember facts we don't like. That is all

Put flat-inos there
Re: Femi Aribisala's Question About The Chibok Girls (See Tweet) by Collins10(m): 8:41pm On May 11, 2017
mrvitalis:
Question girls that have been in captivity for 1000 days??
Yes! Did you not watch the news on television last night? The fattened chibok girls all sat together and were even singing. They looked so carefree. Do you know what they call Emotional trauma? (Sorry, I dont mean it as an insult). My uncle's wife was kidnapped and released after 3 days. For the next one week, she was still shivering. If a fly passes her, she will fidget. And she is an adult o. That is what trauma means. Those girls are not looking like they were kidnapped... Lets tell ourselves the truth for once!

2 Likes

Re: Femi Aribisala's Question About The Chibok Girls (See Tweet) by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 11, 2017
smiley
Re: Femi Aribisala's Question About The Chibok Girls (See Tweet) by delpee(f): 8:47pm On May 11, 2017
People are so self centred! Why would anyone want to question a girl who has been in captivity for three years with terrorists? To humiliate them further? One of those released earlier was said to have refused to talk for 3 months until her mother intervened. The girls have suffered enough trauma. They need peace in their lives.

The circumstances of the kidnapping are irrelevant. The point is who prays to have his/her child caught up in this type of situation scam or not? We were all deeply worried when students were kidnapped from schools around Lagos. Are those up North of a different specie that we have to be cynical about something that has caused so much pain for some families? Some parents have died grieving, one of the girls has had a leg amputated ( as seen on TV and confirmed by officials). That's part of the scam too? FGC Bunu Yadi murders and kidnap was a scam too?

Those who want to know more should travel up North or sponsor journalists there like CNN as some others have done. The fact that they dont speak English well is no news. Ask corpers posted to Northern villages.

Those that are on scholarship abroad have been interviewed recently. They have allowed them enough time to recover. We need to be more civil in our utterances to avoid being insensitive.
Re: Femi Aribisala's Question About The Chibok Girls (See Tweet) by LastProphet: 8:47pm On May 11, 2017
i voted buhari but this chibok issue is curious, how come no chibok girl was picked anywhere else except when its time for negotiations? why were they kept together and how did such large number evade discovery for 3 yrs? there are lies somewhere

3 Likes

Re: Femi Aribisala's Question About The Chibok Girls (See Tweet) by Kereokwu(f): 8:49pm On May 11, 2017
If only people will react to issues without insults.

Well I am one of those who believe that there was an ABDUCTION but recently my view changed about the abduction. My view is that the girls were gathered in the said school(using the name waec) and taken to a particular location, well I don't think the girls and their parents are part of d arrangement.
There is no way the bokoboys would have fed, cloth, sheltered 82 girls for 2yrs+, my brother it's not possible.
I also heard that the 1st batch has not been reunited with their parents and can't be interviewed by the press.
Ironically I am a strong supporter of #BBOG but there are certain facts u cant ignore.
God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Aribisala's Question About The Chibok Girls (See Tweet) by LastSurvivor11: 8:51pm On May 11, 2017
IpobExposed:

Are you really this stupid or just pretending to be insane

2 Likes

Re: Femi Aribisala's Question About The Chibok Girls (See Tweet) by ephi123(f): 8:51pm On May 11, 2017
LastProphet:
i voted buhari but this chibok issue is curious, how come no chibok girl was picked anywhere else except when its time for negotiations? why were they kept together and how did such large number evade discovery for 3 yrs? there are lies somewhere

Plus the timing.

Why is it that each year, it's always few weeks to May 29 that these girls are released? It's just too "neat" an arrangement.

I initially believed the whole chibok kidnap and was pissed when GEJ was gallivanting about rather than addressing it immediately it occurred. But the antecedents of this current govt have shown they are not to be trusted a single bit, particularly with their desperation for power.

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala's Question About The Chibok Girls (See Tweet) by Nobody: 8:55pm On May 11, 2017
They will not allow you to question them because the whole thing is a script grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Femi Aribisala's Question About The Chibok Girls (See Tweet) by delpee(f): 9:00pm On May 11, 2017
ephi123:

Plus the timing.

Why is it that each year, it's always few weeks to May 29 that these girls are released? It's just too "neat" an arrangement.

I initially believed the whole chibok kidnap and was pissed when GEJ was gallivanting about rather than addressing it immediately it occurred. But the antecedents of this current govt have shown they are not to be trusted a single bit, particularly with their desperation for power.

The negotiation process was aborted a few times. It actually started during the time of GEJ. He made some effort (as confirmed by one PDP official recently) which didn't yield much fruit. It's unfortunate the first release happened much later than expected.
Re: Femi Aribisala's Question About The Chibok Girls (See Tweet) by malware: 9:05pm On May 11, 2017
elmisti:

Debrief them at dinners and photo sessions bah grin grin grin

Whatever
Re: Femi Aribisala's Question About The Chibok Girls (See Tweet) by ephi123(f): 9:05pm On May 11, 2017
delpee:

The negotiation process was aborted a few times. It actually started during the time of GEJ. He made some effort (as confirmed by one PDP official recently) which didn't yield much fruit. It's unfortunate the first release happened much later than expected.

Oh okay. I clearly remember the first one week, the govt was denying it occurred and then when the pressure mounted they started the process of investigating. The whole thing has been shrouded in a lot of mystery and I believe a number of things are being covered up.

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala's Question About The Chibok Girls (See Tweet) by enimooko: 9:06pm On May 11, 2017
It will be very foolish for the security agencies to allow press men to question the girls
Re: Femi Aribisala's Question About The Chibok Girls (See Tweet) by joshing(m): 9:08pm On May 11, 2017
IpobExposed:
As everybody de use sense think, you just badged in with this comment without thinking. A sensible person has to come low (like deep) to your level of unreasonabilty to answer you appropriately

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala's Question About The Chibok Girls (See Tweet) by ndcide(m): 9:10pm On May 11, 2017
Ones it's about Chibok girls issues,

Many people I know, who ordinarily are very intelligent people, who are very great with deductive reasoning, Speak with so much emotion, foolishness, political bias and plane daftness.

Sometimes I ask, where have all your logic gone to.

Chibok girls issue and by extension, Boko haram, was a high level political orchestration to fight the GEJ government. Period!!

2 Likes

Re: Femi Aribisala's Question About The Chibok Girls (See Tweet) by Kendrick80(m): 9:11pm On May 11, 2017
prince9851:
I'm sure omenkalives will call him IPOB yoot

Shekau the great man that took good care of 256 girls for over 2years and even fattened them

I cut cap for you my man grin
And God bless my dear vegetable
Section 80

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala's Question About The Chibok Girls (See Tweet) by dikeigbo2(m): 9:14pm On May 11, 2017
The more you look,the less you understand ..

2 Likes

Re: Femi Aribisala's Question About The Chibok Girls (See Tweet) by elmisti(m): 9:15pm On May 11, 2017
malware:

Whatever

lemme know when you have any remotely sensible thing to say...or forever remain irrelevant grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Femi Aribisala's Question About The Chibok Girls (See Tweet) by elmisti(m): 9:16pm On May 11, 2017
enimooko:
It will be very foolish for the security agencies to allow press men to question the girls

really

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala's Question About The Chibok Girls (See Tweet) by ndcide(m): 9:19pm On May 11, 2017
ephi123:

Oh okay. I clearly remember the first one week, the govt was denying it occurred and then when the pressure mounted they started the process of investigating. The whole thing has been shrouded in a lot of mystery and I believe a number of things are being covered up.

If that's true, it was because the girls were within.

If it wasn't political, the girls would have been found. The girls were in the city centre,.. Where there's SOE and the security at strategic positions, it will take syndicates in government, in collaboration with security and locals for it to happen.

Indeed, If all these was to have power go to the north, it is not worth it.

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala's Question About The Chibok Girls (See Tweet) by ephi123(f): 9:25pm On May 11, 2017
ndcide:

If that's true, it was because the girls were within.

If it wasn't political, the girls would have been found. The girls were in the city centre,.. Where there's SOE and the security at strategic positions, it will take syndicates in government, in collaboration with security and locals for it to happen.

Indeed, If all these was to have power go to the north, it is not worth it.

That, I agree with. The last has not been heard of this saga.

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala's Question About The Chibok Girls (See Tweet) by Nobody: 9:28pm On May 11, 2017
Good question!

2 Likes

Re: Femi Aribisala's Question About The Chibok Girls (See Tweet) by nuelsylves(m): 9:37pm On May 11, 2017
Joenyam:
Good question. The Federal government should allow journalists to question them.
Suggestion: Two or three girls should be interviewed separately, at the same time. Believe me, their narrative will be completely different.

I remembered way back, two colleagues snicked out of the school compound, they weren't caught but a staff alleged to have seen them. They were both called before a disciplinary committee and interrogated, but they vehemently denied. They were asked to leave. The next day, they were again summoned but this time one after another. The first person went before the panel, after much scrutiny he was taken to another room to wait alone, the second came in, he was asked to give a detailed account of his crime because his other partner had told them everything and will be given a lesser punishment, they lied. The second divulged everything meanwhile the first stood his ground, so they were caught and severely punished.

Perhaps, this principle can be applied if the government is sincere.

Your story reminds me of 'Game Theory' in a course titled 'Operational Research' during my undergraduate studies.

Nice one!

2 Likes

Re: Femi Aribisala's Question About The Chibok Girls (See Tweet) by lailo: 9:39pm On May 11, 2017
umuokezie:
Good question!
there is nothing good in d question.It shows that either aribisala is a dumbass or just want to continue to be relevant.There are some of the answers that the girls will give d press that are not meant for the public.It may deter further effort to rescue the remaining girls.Only DSS and Army need those info.
Re: Femi Aribisala's Question About The Chibok Girls (See Tweet) by Timfreds(m): 9:41pm On May 11, 2017
It's only a person whose brain has expired that will believe the chibok scam. Buhari wants to rule, it's the ruling we are seeing now. Good for him.

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala's Question About The Chibok Girls (See Tweet) by everistus4000: 9:45pm On May 11, 2017
Chibok girls is a scam.

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala's Question About The Chibok Girls (See Tweet) by senatoradeolaa: 10:01pm On May 11, 2017
I strongly support government action on the Chibok girls. They have to be orientated to be able to cope with the society again.
God bless Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Deziani Madueke's Achievements As Petroleum Minister. / FG Slams 90-count Criminal Charge On Peace Corps / James Ibori Meets Governor Okowa At An Event In Delta. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.