Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,923 members, 7,814,103 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Taxi Driver Beats Female Passenger Mercilessly In Lagos(pics) - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Taxi Driver Beats Female Passenger Mercilessly In Lagos(pics) (55201 Views)

Man Beats His Elder Brother’s Wife Mercilessly In Abia State. Photos / Driver Beats His Conductor For Peeing On The Bus In Lekki / Lawyer Beats Female Journalist In Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taxi Driver Beats Female Passenger Mercilessly In Lagos(pics) by ICEMAN(m): 11:26pm On May 12, 2017
Zainab will not be speaking rudely to taxi drivers again in the near future. Chalk it up to a lesson learned. I do not support beating women but I don't also support women acting like wild animals.
Re: Taxi Driver Beats Female Passenger Mercilessly In Lagos(pics) by Hiccups: 11:42pm On May 12, 2017
iukpe:

Good question asked here, but he beat her.

I don't support beating her regardless what may have happened, but you have to understand most people can easily lack control of situations when angered combined with maybe other personal challenges
Re: Taxi Driver Beats Female Passenger Mercilessly In Lagos(pics) by stevecantrell: 11:53pm On May 12, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
So that taxi driver just started beating this gal, as soon as she got in?! Give us the FULL story, yeah

Yeah...Lagos madness hasnt gotten to that yet.
Re: Taxi Driver Beats Female Passenger Mercilessly In Lagos(pics) by Hiccups: 11:55pm On May 12, 2017
sweetrace:

This isn't true. I've taken a taxi where the driver was trying to browbeat me into paying him more than the agreed amount. He threatened to stop on the way. A lot of taxi drivers try to get more from one Some in a nice way, others in a harsh way. Even after spelling everything out. Like who is responsible for the toll fees...

If I understand you very well, we're saying something similar. I have had taxi drivers very close and nice to me in different cities across Nigeria. I noticed they all have female passengers as VVIP and would only give me priority because of how I relates with them not because of money, since they have repeatedly confirmed these ladies gives more money to them. I'm not saying there's no exception and would not support hitting a woman no matter what, but the law of cause and effect indicates what we see from here is at best effects and asking for the cause is a good way to reason

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Beats Female Passenger Mercilessly In Lagos(pics) by stevecantrell: 12:05am On May 13, 2017
Olive4:
going to China to learn kung-fu

Lol ! A school that teaches ladies manners and various types of etiquette may take you a long way.
Re: Taxi Driver Beats Female Passenger Mercilessly In Lagos(pics) by sweetrace(f): 12:07am On May 13, 2017
Believe7:

go nd make him face it na..
nd stop speaking plenty grammar heree..
are u too small to take d case up?..

You've obviously not heard of NACCRAN LAGOS or change.org. Watch him get served his just dish.
Re: Taxi Driver Beats Female Passenger Mercilessly In Lagos(pics) by goslowgoslow(m): 12:39am On May 13, 2017
DLondonboiy:
What did she do? All these mannerless and useless girls roaming the streets of Lagos....
So because of that she deserves beating?
Your brain is inside your anus.
Re: Taxi Driver Beats Female Passenger Mercilessly In Lagos(pics) by buchilino(m): 3:34am On May 13, 2017
maxiuc:
I don't support this

No matter what don't ever raise your hand on a woman

My babe is really confused right because I don't give a dame of what ever she does

Will beating your sister girlfriend and wife solve the issue

PRAY U NEVA ENCOUNTER A SHE DEVIL
Re: Taxi Driver Beats Female Passenger Mercilessly In Lagos(pics) by Nobody: 5:12am On May 13, 2017
una dey harsh o
Re: Taxi Driver Beats Female Passenger Mercilessly In Lagos(pics) by Olive4(f): 5:16am On May 13, 2017
stevecantrell:

Lol ! A school that teaches ladies manners and various types of etiquette may take you a long way.

mind yourself Mr. know all

go and learn manners too and manner of approach and all d manners because you actually need it.

nonsense

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Beats Female Passenger Mercilessly In Lagos(pics) by Prognose: 6:16am On May 13, 2017
broseme:
As shared by Christy......

'So now we have graduated from husbands beating their wives to cab drivers beating their female passengers?

Meaning any of us , our daughters , our sisters, can get beaten up by cab drivers anytime any day!

This young lady Zainab Bakare was beaten up by a cab driver from at taxify.ng on Sunday the 7th of May and till today he is still walking about a free man like he didn't commit any crime! What if he has killed her?

She reported to the nigeriapoliceforce and she was told to go home and sort it out as family.

Taxify in Nigeria what have you done or will do about this please? Have you disciplined that unruly Driver of yours in any way? Is your company aware that domestic violence is a crime in Lagos State as far as Governor Akinwunmi Ambode is concerned?

Have you disciplined that unruly Driver of yours in any way?

Please Taxify in Nigeria do the needful. Dsvrt Lagos Domestic and Sexual Violence Response Team of Lagos State Government please help us look into this case since the police sent her back home. Please help us. We are seriously counting on you dsvrt . Police Command Headquaters Ikeja Lagos State Police Command please help get justice for Zainab Bakare. Thank you.

If you stand against violence against women please lend your voice and help Zainab get justice. God bless you as you do'

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/05/taxi-driver-beats-female-passenger.html

It is only fair to hear both sides of the story. Did she strike him first, maybe they were engagedin an argument and she slapped him and he retaliated? I'm not in support of men beating women but I have seen women behave very badly especially to these drivers because they fell they are better than them. Many of these young girls say very stüpid things and even are the first to lash out cos they think they will get away with it.

Why will the police tell her to settle it outside of there isnt more to the story?

Let's be fair pls.

2 Likes

Re: Taxi Driver Beats Female Passenger Mercilessly In Lagos(pics) by franco3075q(m): 6:28am On May 13, 2017
maxiuc:
I don't support this

No matter what don't ever raise your hand on a woman

My babe is really confused right because I don't give a dame of what ever she does

Will beating your sister girlfriend and wife solve the issue

U never jam woman, if women show u dia real colour, u self go confirm
Re: Taxi Driver Beats Female Passenger Mercilessly In Lagos(pics) by Prognose: 6:35am On May 13, 2017
For instance, I'm at a park right now. The young girl that sweeps the premises is quarreling with one of drivers. This man is old enough to be her father. I don't know what they are quarreling about but she has confronted him severally, spoke directly to his face, pointed fingers aggressively, picked up one of the dirty fanta bottles and stoned him with it, all the time screaming at the top of her voice. Other drivers have pleaded with her to take it easy that they will give her her share ( i dont know what her share is) but she has blatantly refused to stop. All these while the driver has been leaning against the wall and watching her, not sayinf a word. It is obvious je is exercising self-restraint cos he doesnt want to get in trouble.

If they were alone and he loses his temper and gives her a black eye, shebi we will all be screaming for his head?

Once again, I am against violence to women, but ladies too should take it easy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Taxi Driver Beats Female Passenger Mercilessly In Lagos(pics) by gudofuck231: 6:41am On May 13, 2017
broseme:
As shared by Christy......

'So now we have graduated from husbands beating their wives to cab drivers beating their female passengers?

Meaning any of us , our daughters , our sisters, can get beaten up by cab drivers anytime any day!

This young lady Zainab Bakare was beaten up by a cab driver from at taxify.ng on Sunday the 7th of May and till today he is still walking about a free man like he didn't commit any crime! What if he has killed her?

She reported to the nigeriapoliceforce and she was told to go home and sort it out as family.

Taxify in Nigeria what have you done or will do about this please? Have you disciplined that unruly Driver of yours in any way? Is your company aware that domestic violence is a crime in Lagos State as far as Governor Akinwunmi Ambode is concerned?

Have you disciplined that unruly Driver of yours in any way?

Please Taxify in Nigeria do the needful. Dsvrt Lagos Domestic and Sexual Violence Response Team of Lagos State Government please help us look into this case since the police sent her back home. Please help us. We are seriously counting on you dsvrt . Police Command Headquaters Ikeja Lagos State Police Command please help get justice for Zainab Bakare. Thank you.

If you stand against violence against women please lend your voice and help Zainab get justice. God bless you as you do'

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/05/taxi-driver-beats-female-passenger.html

The woodpecker the decides to peck on a stone shall loose it's beak, as insults de flow so as slaps, they are free to air
Re: Taxi Driver Beats Female Passenger Mercilessly In Lagos(pics) by VitaminB12(m): 7:22am On May 13, 2017
Was it not the lady that didn't address the taxi driver with 'E' as a sign of respect to your elder in Yoruba e.g using O se for E se or jor for E jor

Wetin person no go hear as reasons for violence.
Re: Taxi Driver Beats Female Passenger Mercilessly In Lagos(pics) by stevecantrell: 8:12am On May 13, 2017
Olive4:

mind yourself Mr. know all

go and learn manners too and manner of approach and all d manners because you actually need it.

nonsense

Come on...you didnt take what i typed up there serious, did you ?
Re: Taxi Driver Beats Female Passenger Mercilessly In Lagos(pics) by wiloy2k8(m): 8:23am On May 13, 2017
maxiuc:
what if you hit her and falls and die what will you say

They best way to handle a woman is simple
Never let the issue escalate to the point of fighting

Dis 1 na beat na
Re: Taxi Driver Beats Female Passenger Mercilessly In Lagos(pics) by obailala(m): 9:01am On May 13, 2017
Pebcak:

Reading comments on here is making me wonder what kind of society we live in

I will say regardless of what might have happened he has no right, if he cab man is angry park and let the lady get out of your car. Some people are asking what did she do, something is missing the only thing missing is brain in the empty skull of the driver.

I dont care if the lady is rude, I can't imagine someone beating up my daughter, sister, mom..... because he beats his wife at home doesnt mean he can go around beating other lady to satisfy his male ego

This are the type of people that wont even argue with a male passenger

Lollipop247:

[/b]Thank you for this
I think Nigerians are beginning to loose touch on their humanity.
We will soon get to a stage where a snake will bite a lady & some cretins will ask 'what did she do to warrant the bite!!
It's a pity!! [b]

airsaylongcon:
I'm utterly gobsmacked at what people are saying here. Does it matter if she was rude to him? Haven't we been rude to bank staff or telecoms staff. Imagine you screaming your head off at some bank staff and the staff climbs over the counter to give you a destiny resetting slap.

Or you are screaming at a doctor cos he's not attending to you properly and he removes his stethoscope and hits you with a Joshua uppercut.

Let's be serious, the driver is supposed to be a professional. No matter how rude the customer is you maintain your cool and act professionally.
factwriter:

That tells you the caliber of people roaming the streets today. It's not just about Nairaland, it's about Nigerian youth in general. They lack rational thinking!

It's either follow-follow comments or absurd suggestions.

A taxi driver, an airline pilot, a ship captain or any person "whosoever" has no right to assault another person, male or female, in a society where there are established laws and order.

And if it's (shamefully) existent among us then we don't need to come online flaunting our barbarism.
There are 1001 'What Ifs' that could have happened in the case and there's a gaping hole in the narration of the story. But since you guys have chosen to 'assume' it must only have been a mere case of her being rude, I choose to 'assume' that following a disagreement, she may have first attacked the driver with dangerous objects inflicting grievous bodily damage on him and he only responded in self defence. To the best of my knowledge, no sane man just parks his car by the road and starts beating up female strangers; my head still spins and wonders why the story deliberately omits all the details.

In view of this, whilst it remains wrong to hit anybody (man or woman), it would be rather myopic of me or anyone to judge or conclude a case based in a single glaringly incomplete story. Meanwhile my head still wonders why the police dismissed the case so easily; they certainly heard more details.

2 Likes

Re: Taxi Driver Beats Female Passenger Mercilessly In Lagos(pics) by Nobody: 10:18am On May 13, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
So that taxi driver just started beating this gal, as soon as she got in?! Give us the FULL story, yeah

My brother; u people are sensible... U never hear the full story; she would have done something... But this mannerless girls run to the social media without telling the full story..

My brother, a classic instance;
I went to an electric shop to buy something, met a young girl(most likely in her teen age). As I was bargaining , a young man came in and was to buy something, he told her the price he had, she said it was way above that; the boy started leaving ; the young girl started raining abuses on him ; and I was like ; young girl, how will u be insulting your customer, it is very wrong and bad ; she replied. "Oga abeg, this case no concern u, make u buy go ; " I felt offended, and kept her material for her, and was to leave, wen she started raining abuses on me ; ( this is a girl I am damn sure, would have been in primary school when I finished my university) , I felt like giving her a very good beating and teach her some manners...
I just held myself and left ; as I knew it is the parents shop, and they were no where around .. I just left.

These young girls could be mannerless everywhere..
Re: Taxi Driver Beats Female Passenger Mercilessly In Lagos(pics) by Coolgent(m): 12:03pm On May 13, 2017
Bros u are lucky o cos she can even say u try raping her o.
Re: Taxi Driver Beats Female Passenger Mercilessly In Lagos(pics) by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:53pm On May 13, 2017
Pebcak:

Reading comments on here is making me wonder what kind of society we live in

I will say regardless of what might have happened he has no right, if he cab man is angry park and let the lady get out of your car. Some people are asking what did she do, something is missing the only thing missing is brain in the empty skull of the driver.

I dont care if the lady is rude, I can't imagine someone beating up my daughter, sister, mom..... because he beats his wife at home doesnt mean he can go around beating other lady to satisfy his male ego

This are the type of people that wont even argue with a male passenger

As much as beating a woman for no damn reason isn't right, i would certainly understand his action, if she tried to run without paying, if she was a would be thief, if she had no money, if she started attacking him etc

I remember seeing a thread a few weeks ago about a deluded lady passenger who threatened to accuse an innocent driver of rape, simply because she was unhappy with the ride/driver.
Re: Taxi Driver Beats Female Passenger Mercilessly In Lagos(pics) by Emanodimo(m): 8:22pm On May 13, 2017
"I will say regardless of what might have happened he has no right".... So does the lady... I am about to ask my Pastor tomorrow a question? Are the females naturally endow to curse or part of their make-up as a woman or mis-behaviour?....And the naturally empower to retaliate with whatever means at his disposal?.....As nobody involved in a fight ever accept he or she is guilty at a point in time.
Re: Taxi Driver Beats Female Passenger Mercilessly In Lagos(pics) by Emanodimo(m): 8:24pm On May 13, 2017
"I will say regardless of what might have happened he has no right".... So does the lady... I am about to ask my Pastor tomorrow a question? Are the females naturally endow to curse or part of their make-up as a woman or mis-behaviour?....And the males naturally empower to retaliate with whatever means at his disposal?.....As nobody involved in a fight ever accept he or she is guilty at a point in time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Four Friends Raped Me –14-year-old Girl (photo) / Lagos Housewife’s Second Boyfriend Dies Mysteriously (pic) / Husband Bites Off His Wife's Nose In Her Father's House (Graphic Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.