Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics (10985 Views)

Bode George On Okada Ban: Sanwo-olu Acting Like Someone From Stone Age / PDP To Oshiomhole: Stop Acting Like An Attack Dog / Afam4eva, You Are Wrong. Igbos Do Not Need To Play Nigerian Politics. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by sunnysunny69(m): 5:56am On May 13, 2017
You just shouldn't have supported that Jonathan, he did nothing good for the Igbo. Yoruba made the mistake supporting him first term, got nothing in return and knows better next time.

14 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Yyeske(m): 6:10am On May 13, 2017
Afam, allow Ndigbo to continue in their foolery.
Always playing the victim but they equally caused being victims.
Ndigbo will never vote for an Igbo President or vice but blame others.
They make themselves slaves to the minority Ijaws because of GEJ.
They Jettisoned the PDP idea of rotational presidency between north and south so by 2015, the SE would have produced the president.
They hate others but feel angry when same hate is meted on them.
They get easily brainwashed especially those IPOB miscreants.
Ijaws hate us but radio Biafra tells otherwise.
This is 2017 and not 1967.
Their use of abusive words pissed so many off their course.

Let them be biko, abum onye Igbo bili na Onitsha mana ndigbo are messing up.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Mynd44: 6:13am On May 13, 2017
HungerBAD:

I have been on Nairaland for 2 years now and this is the first time i am seeing your write up.

I am HungerBAD and i approve your message.

A very intelligent write up. Afam4eva,take a look at this analysis. Other Easterners should read this analysis to Learn one or two things on how politics is done.

This self pity/we are victims cry of the East has stopped meaning anything to some of us a long time ago.

Instead of you guys to rally around Obaino or Okorocha,or even Ngige to forge a strong alliance.

You guys are busy rallying around someone that is destined for the prison one way or the other,like Nnamdi Kanu.

Rallying around some one without any political base like Kanu, is tantamount to a farmer planting yams in the dry season.

And so far,the Easterners have been planting political seriousness in the dry season and when it is harvest time,they harvest nothing.

For once the Eastern Politicians should be politically wise,and you will see how you will become the Virgin Bride everybody wants to marry and will be coming to meet.

A lot of people dont really know what political alliances are so theu think it is just months to a major election, you try to forge something forgetting that if the person you are negotiating with senses that you dont have the numbers, they will simply railroad you. The alliances are key to having a strong negotiation point.

People assume that once you lose an election it is done but no, sometimes, you stay and do other things like helping others win other elections if not in the same local government then outside.

Look at Aregbesola, by population, Alimosho Local government is on top in Nigeria and guess the most popular poitician there is the Osun state governor. This is a local government where the election of the state is not decided until you see the result (unless it is Fashola's second term and you are contesting against a weak Ade Dosumu). That is spreading your influence.

There is a huge political war in Ogun state for 2019 right now as YAYI(this guy is the one representing me in the senate) allegedly wants to be governor in 2019. Now while that is not news, the news is that the state governor Amosun is losing grounds within the APC to YAYI and it scares the governor but guess what? YAYI does not actually make noise in Ogun state.

I have a friend who is a ward chairman(Amosun's camp) in Ogun and everytime he tells me that their camp is depelting by the second as serious alliances are being called up alliances drawn up in 2002 and 2011 are being used to beat them and even party members are just showing up to Amosun to but not with him.

That is what alliance does for you. You can forge one and not use it in 7 years but you need to have them

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by HungerBAD: 6:18am On May 13, 2017
Mynd44:

A lot of people dont really know what political alliances are so theu think it is just months to a major election, you try to forge something forgetting that if the person you are negotiating with senses that you dont have the numbers, they will simply railroad you. The alliances are key to having a strong negotiation point.

People assume that once you lose an election it is done but no, sometimes, you stay and do other things like helping others win other elections if not in the same local government then outside.

Look at Aregbesola, by population, Alimosho Local government is on top in Nigeria and guess the most popular poitician there is the Osun state governor. This is a local government where the election of the state is not decided until you see the result (unless it is Fashola's second term and you are contesting against a weak Ade Dosumu). That is spreading your influence.

There is a huge political war in Ogun state for 2019 right now as YAYI(this guy is the one representing me in the senate) allegedly wants to be governor in 2019. Now while that is not news, the news is that the state governor Amosun is losing grounds within the APC to YAYI and it scares the governor but guess what? YAYI does not actually make noise in Ogun state.

I have a friend who is a ward chairman(Amosun's camp) in Ogun and everytime he tells me that their camp is depelting by the second as serious alliances are being called up alliances drawn up in 2002 and 2011 are being used to beat them and even party members are just showing up to Amosun to but not with him.

That is what alliance does for you. You can forge one and not use it in 7 years but you need to have them

Just learned one or two things from these analysis,especially the part where even if you lose an election,you can still form an alliance in preparation for the future.

Nice one there thanks.

14 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Sealeddeal(m): 6:22am On May 13, 2017
The more I read an article like this written by Afam4eva ,the more I am hardened on the Igbo cause. There is no such thing as Minority politics.
The most annoying thing happened when those we look to speaking something good start speaking gibberish. What exactly is minority politics, perhaps, the author is looking at when Igbos will be president as if it matters. We have 7igbo governors, Senators, House of Rep member and some Igbos in Presidency. And I ask again, what is Minority politics. Igbos detest treachery and we will always stand against it. A president of Nigeria should be a President of Nigeria but if we ever agree that a federal govt will be for the region it come from, then we will watch and see how far it can go.
By 2019, APC will be buried across East.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Mynd44: 6:24am On May 13, 2017
sunnysunny69:
You just shouldn't have supported that Jonathan, he did nothing good for the Igbo. Yoruba made the mistake supporting him first term, got nothing in return and knows better next time.
Supporting Jonathan was not a bad idea. In politics, you can lose. It is allowed to lose but what is not allowed is burning bridges. Dont start a fight with another region because you want the support of another.

The SE gambled on GEJ and lost, instead of dwelling on the loss, take it, look at what went wrong and build on it, that was a major fight, go on to fight the minor ones that comes before the major fight, I was expecting SE politicians from the PDP to throw money at the Edo elections and even if they lost, they will have people in Edo to call up when and if needed.

Ekiti is the only state in the SW under PDP and guess what? As popular as Fayose wants you to think the PDP is in Ekiti, Buhari won 29.6% there. And Ekiti has the least electorates in the SW. The lesson there is that the APC knew they will lose Ekiti but they did not neglect it, they used 2015, to form new ties and oil those alliances regularly cos they might need them soon. Ojudu has moved to Abuja people like MOB are back in APC so even though they are not strong there, they still have people they can call who will show up.

Jonathan ought to be used to cement ties not just with the SS but within themselves too

15 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Yyeske(m): 6:25am On May 13, 2017
HungerBAD:

Just learned one or two things from these analysis,especially the part where even if you lose an election,you can still form an alliance in preparation for the future.

Nice one there thanks.
Ndigbo don't understand Nigerian politics

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Sealeddeal(m): 6:26am On May 13, 2017
Yyeske:
Afam, allow Ndigbo to continue in their foolery.
Always playing the victim but they equally caused being victims.
Ndigbo will never vote for an Igbo President or vice but blame others.
They make themselves slaves to the minority Ijaws because of GEJ.
They Jettisoned the PDP idea of rotational presidency between north and south so by 2015, the SE would have produced the president.
They hate others but feel angry when same hate is meted on them.
They get easily brainwashed especially those IPOB miscreants.
Ijaws hate us but radio Biafra tells otherwise.
This is 2017 and not 1967.
Their use of abusive words pissed so many off their course.

Let them be biko, abum onye Igbo bili na Onitsha mana ndigbo are messing up.

I have been watching you Oh Afonja!
You need to step up, others know how to deny their tribe better than you did.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Yyeske(m): 6:31am On May 13, 2017
Sealeddeal:

I have been watching you Oh Afonja!
You need to step up, others know how to deny their tribe better than you did.
Normal line and I was expecting this, call me aboki or even sabo, your biz.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by HungerBAD: 6:32am On May 13, 2017
Sealeddeal:
The more I read an article like this written by Afam4eva ,the more I am hardened on the Igbo cause. There is no such thing as Minority politics.
The most annoying thing happened when those we look to speaking something good start speaking gibberish. What exactly is minority politics, perhaps, the author is looking at when Igbos will be president as if it matters. We have 7igbo governors, Senators, House of Rep member and some Igbos in Presidency. And I ask again, what is Minority politics. Igbos detest treachery and we will always stand against it. A president of Nigeria should be a President of Nigeria but if we ever agree that a federal govt will be for the region it come from, then we will watch and see how far it can go.
By 2019, APC will be buried across East.

Quick question.

And when APC is buried in the East then what?how is that beneficial to those that buried it?

15 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Mynd44: 6:47am On May 13, 2017
HungerBAD:

Quick question.

And when APC is buried in the East then what?how is that beneficial to those that buried it?
You know when I hear things like APC or PDP will die in a certain GP region, I go undecided undecided undecided because who come the majority of the members of a political party in a GP region, is it not the people of that region? There cant be more Igbo people in APGA in Kano state than Hausas. So for people in Kano to say APGA will dies simply means tearing down politicians from your side.

It is okay if rival politicians say it, but electorates? Dont you want options?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Sealeddeal(m): 6:52am On May 13, 2017
Mynd44:

Supporting Jonathan was not a bad idea. In politics, you can lose. It is allowed to lose but what is not allowed is burning bridges. Dont start a fight with another region because you want the support of another.

The SE gambled on GEJ and lost, instead of dwelling on the loss, take it, look at what went wrong and build on it, that was a major fight, go on to fight the minor ones that comes before the major fight, I was expecting SE politicians from the PDP to throw money at the Edo elections and even if they lost, they will have people in Edo to call up when and if needed.

Ekiti is the only state in the SW under PDP and guess what? As popular as Fayose wants you to think the PDP is in Ekiti, Buhari won 29.6% there. And Ekiti has the least electorates in the SW. The lesson there is that the APC knew they will lose Ekiti but they did not neglect it, they used 2015, to form new ties and oil those alliances regularly cos they might need them soon. Ojudu has moved to Abuja people like MOB are back in APC so even though they are not strong there, they still have people they can call who will show up.

Jonathan ought to be used to cement ties not just with the SS but within themselves too
Your point is sound.
But what is necessary to understood is that PDP has failed to take up the force of opposition and also, there are events you need to consider before you understand the current happenings in Nigeria politics with regards to Igbo common man because there is difference between Igbo common man and Igbo politicians.
When Buhari lost 2011 election, his supporters went on rampage killing people they deemed responsible but GEJ wasted no time but instead brought the northern people into the fold including those that gave him less than 5percent votes. That's what Nigeria presidency demands.
But after GEJ lost 2015 election, the SW APC led touts began the mind game of telling Igbos that they put their eggs in one basket in a quite a manner of conqueror and vanquished thing. APC was supposed to provide National leadership but it turned out to be politics of those that won and those that lost which led to Buhari's appointments and his 5%/97% thing and arrest of Kanu and killing of Biafrans.You don't push anyone and tell the person where to fall.
Politics should not be about winning election but mostly about provision of leadership.
But I must say the Igbo politicians are building bridges. But we the masses don't care about building any bridges. In 2019, we will crush APC in East and bury it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Maduawuchukwu(m): 6:56am On May 13, 2017
The purpose of politics is first and foremost to better the life of your people. If you win all the positions but your life is not bettered then all you are doing it all to waste. The north and west who have been in power since 1999 how have they benefited their people? What is the economy in their regions like? (and don't call Lagos because it is Nigeria's commercial capital)
I feel that the Igbo have played OK politics since 1999. We have been in power in at least 16 of the past 18 years. If we did not get our due in terms of infrastructure u can blame our politicians and maybe we the people for not punishing them but we have done better than the Yoruba. We controlled GEJ's govt even though we were not the only ones who voted him. The Yoruba elite have lost out In Buharis govt which they helped to install.
So Afam4eva stop falling for Yoruba dominated media trick of telling us that we are now like minorities. It is a ploy to make us their allies in the coming political war; the Yoruba have never been comfortable with the north.
As for our relations with the South-South, I suggest that it should be based on interest and not brotherliness which is not working. We should give our loyalty to only our fellow Igbo people in the region like th Etche,Ndoki,Anioma etc.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Sealeddeal(m): 6:57am On May 13, 2017
HungerBAD:

Quick question.

The truth is that our Primary interest is to resist APC psychological war and defeat it. It's also possible that APC will be defeated in 2019 but if they survive, then we will look beyond East to get PDP back to national leadership.
Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by nonsobaba: 6:58am On May 13, 2017
[quote author=Mynd44 post=56472285]

Igbos don't want and don't need any alliances with yorubas. History has taught us a bitter lesson in that direction. Yorubas are now subtly begging for Igbo support just because Fulanis are boxing Osinbajo to a tight corner. He has not even seen anything yet. Can you just focus on your Mod work and stop provoking Igbos here with biased comments just so you can find excuses to ban us?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Maduawuchukwu(m): 7:03am On May 13, 2017
Sealeddeal:
Your point is sound.
But what is necessary to understood is that PDP has failed to take up the force of opposition and also, there are events you need to consider before you understand the current happenings in Nigeria politics with regards to Igbo common man because there is difference between Igbo common man and Igbo politicians.
When Buhari lost 2011 election, his supporters went on rampage killing people they deemed responsible but GEJ wasted no time but instead brought the northern people into the fold including those that gave him less than 5percent votes. That's what Nigeria presidency demands.
But after GEJ lost 2015 election, the SW APC led touts began the mind game of telling Igbos that they put their eggs in one basket in a quite a manner of conqueror and vanquished thing. APC was supposed to provide National leadership but it turned out to be politics of those that won and those that lost which led to Buhari's appointments and his 5%/97% thing and arrest of Kanu and killing of Biafrans.You don't push anyone and tell the person where to fall.
Politics should not be about winning election but mostly about provision of leadership.
But I must say the Igbo politicians are building bridges. But we the masses don't care about building any bridges. In 2019, we will crush APC in East and bury it.

Nwanne God will forever embarrass you with blessing for this ur submission. APC and Buhari lost it the moment the negative triumphalism started. Are Igbo people slaves that u will expect them to support you after saying that u will not treat them equally or that they will eat the crumbs from the table? Even GEJ did not say such against the north that treated him poorly and even killing people because he lost. Igbo people will never support APC so that politicians will know that there is punishment for trying to neglect a group of people in a democracy.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by KahlDrogo(m): 7:13am On May 13, 2017
the hate for the Igbo man has been engraved in the minds of the average Nigerian, from the west to the North and even to the South-south.
You people keep repeating these lines as though you love everyone while all you get in return is hate. Gosh! If you think everyone hates you, isn't it time you sat down and look inwards? Perhaps something is wrong with you guys that's why.

This persecution complex isn't going to do you people any good.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Mynd44: 7:23am On May 13, 2017
KahlDrogo:
You people keep repeating these lines as though you love everyone while all you get in return is hate. Gosh! If you think everyone hates you, isn't it time you sat down and look inwards? Perhaps something is wrong with you guys that's why.

This persecution complex isn't going to do you people any good.

I will keep saying that no one group is more persecuted in Nigeria than the other. If you actually believe that one tribe is more bullied then that person is either uninformed, wrongly informed, joking or ignorant. Every Nigerian (that is not a billionaire) is persecuted. What can you do? Suck it in, put on your big boy pants and go for what you want.

It is also weird that the Igbos claim to be persecuted but are actually not a minority. What should small groups say? I mean there are groups that dont have more than a local government……

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Shawnnn01: 7:26am On May 13, 2017
etchenwafor:

Where are you when an Igbo man chibuike ameachi was sponsoring buhari??Where are you when rochas was using money to sponsor buhari?The truth is we Igbo's have been wronged...Imagine I am from etche(igbo) LGA in rivers and my clan has been split into two because a mad man in the military government wanted to divide us..now we have etche in rivers and IMO...This went on to the extent that asaba an Igbo town was taken from us and added in another state infact this people wanted to divide us to the extent of lumping Igbo community's with other tribe to form states and even putting indeginous Igbo community in south south so we can never be united...Is it our fault!!

A lot of you Igbos need to be wise. Pls tell is Igbo the only ethnicity btw two states are hausa yoruba Ijaw, urhobo not sharing different states with other ethnicity in Nigeria. What is wrong with the brains of you Igbos for God sake ? I pray you Igbo do not perish because of foolishness.

16 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by koropotopoto: 7:36am On May 13, 2017
[s]
kropotkin11:
Do you need £20 i have to spare? grin
[/s]
Nonsense trash
Stop talking Nonsense tongue
e pain am well well

1 Like

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:39am On May 13, 2017
This is one of the most myopic and senseless thread in 2017.

You are shamelessly embarrassing the Igbo nation by this show of defeatist mentality. Saying that Igbo need to line up with the Hausa/Fulani and Yoruba groups to be dominant in politics is simply accusing Igbo of having no balls to show their relevance.

Truth of the matter is that the South south will always be the desired bride of Nigeria. The South south will always be the region every government wouldn't want to subdue and every region want as ally. I'm sure you know the reason behind this. In case you don't, it has to do with the productivity of the region and the mental strength of her people. This is simply our negotiating power for NOW. Any government or region that want to "crush it" will be responded to with great resistance which will affect the entire government in terms of revenue and our economy. THIS IS A FACT!

The above is one reason the Buhari government is forced to ensure the take off of key projects in the region like the Maritime University in Warri and even tripled allocation to ex agitators. It is why South south people are not talked down by the government recklessly despite that we also gave Buhari the "prestigious 5%" votes.

Sorry bro, WE CAN'T BE SUBDUED beyond what the structure of Nigeria is at present. But the good news is some of us are fighting hard to ensure that a new generation of leaders that will protect the interests of everyone emerges and will enthrone sanity while discouraging defeatist mentality on any group.

As for APCists, come 2019 we shall show them the resolve of the Nigeria people.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by GavelSlam: 7:42am On May 13, 2017
Sealeddeal:
The truth is that our Primary interest is to resist APC psychological war and defeat it. It's also possible that APC will be defeated in 2019 but if they survive, then we will look beyond East to get PDP back to national leadership.

PDP?
grin
Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by aribisala0(m): 7:46am On May 13, 2017
Afam4eva:
You know, this is actually one of the worst times to be an Igbo man as far as being part of the Nigerian entity is concerned. We know that since the end of the civil war the hate for the Igbo man has been engraved in the minds of the average Nigerian, from the west to the North and even to the South-south. Though the Igbos did a pretty good job despite the adversities by pulling themselves out of the rubble and from 1999, we started to enjoy some level of prosperity politically, even though i feel it wasn't enough considering the fact that we're part of the tripod upon which this nation was built. Atleast it was a good start.

However, a little more than a decade later, the Igbo nation is looking more like a conquered territory. Some people blame it on wrong political calculations and alliances while others blame it on the hate that the Nigerian state has had against people of Igbo extraction. I would blame it on the unwillingness of Igbos to play politics the Nigerian way.

It has come a time that we need to forego the emotions of the civil war and solidarity with any group and play politics the way the Northerners play or atleast, go the route of the Yorubas. These people have mastered the idiosyncrasies that is Nigeria and have seized the moment to put themselves at a stage that will benefit them. It seems the Igbos are the only majority group that have failed and looking like a minority group by the day. Instead of deceiving ourselves by concocting spiritual alliances with a region known as the south-south or Niger Delta or whatever they want to call themselves these days, our alliances should face westwards and to the north. The people from the south-south are the most ungrateful humans ever to walk this part of the world. How can one explain that a group as big as the Igbo race put all their eggs in one basket for a man known as Goodluck Jonathan who wasn't even an Igbo man and as soon as he lost, his people started throwing abuses at us.

The first mistake you don't make in politics is to bring yourself down to align with minorities except it's for your own interest. It's high time we stopped being emotional and moved with the tide and align with satan if need be because contrary to what a lot of Igbos may think, we're no saints and nobody is looking for a saint in Nigeria. As long as you're crooked but appear friendly, people will respect you.
I have always said you have a one track mind and cannot reason. You talk about hate for t the Eboes. If you are young then let me inform you. How long is 9 years in politics? That's exactly the length of time from1970 to 1979..The Nigeria Civil war ended in 1970 and in 1979 an Eboe man was VP and another was Speaker of the House of Representatives. Is that how a country treats people that it hates? In this same government what position did Yoruba Edo Ijaw Tiv hold?Are they not Nigerian's. You folk are very selfish and hateful that is why you project the hate in your minds on others until they get fed up and irritated. In Nigeria the Eboes have had a very good deal after the war.The main problem the Eboe man has is he thinks he is better than everyone and blames everyone but himself for his f
ailure always playing victim.Was it hatred when Anyim Soludo Iweala Akunyuli Ezekwesili were key players in OBASANJO'S government?
I
Between 1970 and 1979 Eboes produced two military governors of Lagos both appointed by Obasanjo yet you are hated. We're there no I jaws, Edos Efik, Idoma and others ?

When in 1993 a Yoruba man won election and it was annulled no one talked on HATRED? I wonder how the Eboes would respond to that. Stop the victim hood. You are not the only ones in Nigeria
Do not try to rewrite history, The Eboes have ALWAYS GONE INTO POLITICAL ALLIANCE WITH THE NORTH. 1960 1965 1979 and 1983 elections. You have ALWAYS DONE THIS. Nothing new. You did this as junior partners in alliance against the SW who NEVER called you betrayers. You lose out for once and cannot handle opposition. THE EBOES HAVE ONE ENEMY IN NIGERIA. Look in the mirror

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by SuperS1Panther: 7:51am On May 13, 2017
etchenwafor:

Cc:Ikechuj,ikechuOb
look at what iam saying Yoruba's trying to divide us from our south eastern kins...This same people that said ezeogwu Kaduna who is from asaba is Igbo are now saying asaba is south south and not Igbo...This same people that called the aniomas Igbo's because they did a coup are now saying anioma land is south south and not igbo..There hypocrisy is legendary... this is the main reason they took Igbo communities and lands to add in the south south to make it impossible for Igbo's to unite but there plans will never work..

Now back to you..

Iam etche from etche LGA in rivers and i am Igbo....is asaba a Yoruba town!!! Are aniomas Yoruba, Are ndokis Yoruba's,Are etche Yoruba's,Are ASA people Yoruba's...South south is a political region and its a pity someone of your age can't tell the difference between south south/ethnic group..The igbos In the phantom south south have said they want to join Biafra so what are you talking about...

So you trying to limit Igbo land to south east only forgetting there are Igbo's in the south south...no southeast state have insulted themselves and have never fought themselves compare it to the Yoruba's who always rain curses on ekiti state.. Compare it to modakekes and ife people who almost fought eachother to extinction..Compare it to the way Yoruba's and eguns do fight in Lagos state..last time didn't Yoruba's burn the houses of some eguns in the badagry area of Lagos in which some people even died... You Yoruba's are always ready to find faults in others but forgetting your own faults are there and even growing..

Again we Igbo's in the south south will!!i repeat it!!! Will support out south eastern kins no matter what...Don't try to divide us because it won't work.

Asaba is part of Western Region and not Eastern Region.

We want Western Region back and Asaba will be part of it by fire by force.

7 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by SuperS1Panther: 7:58am On May 13, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
As for APCists, come 2019 we shall show them the resolve of the Nigeria people.

Which Nigerian people? Just speak for your Ijaws and probably the hate-filled Igbo people.

Those are the people that will vote for that "monstrously corrupt" party called PDP again. That party mortgaged our future, our children's own and that of our children's children. You were not in power for 2years and the party is practically in disarray. Says so much about the objectives of the party for the true Nigerian people.

11 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by nonsobaba: 7:58am On May 13, 2017
We Igbos will never stand behind Yorubas as Fulanis deal with Osinbajo and treat him as if he were a dead wood. Osinbajo and Yorubas should fight their own battles themselves. Igbos in APC should be wise because allowing Osinbajo to ascend the presidency would mean a truncation of APC's zoning arrangement that would give the southeast a shot at the office in 2023. By all means, Buhari's dead body should complete the north's 8 years. This is Nigeria. Every ethnic group is on its own. Igbos supported Ijaws before and we had nothing to show for it. I advise all sensible Igbos to stand back and allow the fulani owners of Nigeria tear Osinbajo apart, while the greedy Igbos that ran to APC should endeavour to profit from the situation as much as possible.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by EmeritusMbaM: 7:59am On May 13, 2017
koropotopoto:
[s][/s]
of course we are of royal blood
we don't lick asss like yerobas cheesy
if that is what you called not being serious
go to hell
Igbos are lovers of freedom and industrious.

those that keep playing that politics since Adam are they better than us in any aspect?
the north that is in power since God knows when are they better than us?
Southwest that are slave to the north despite everything are they doing better than igbos today

that proves that we don't need politics to survive?

declare a regional government today and see those who will be crying of starvation in Just one year grin
i hope that you know that osun has pensioners idp camp cheesy

Why cant you pass your message without insulting other tribes. Must you denigrate others? Grow up

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Afam4eva(m): 8:00am On May 13, 2017
Mynd44:
This is not the worst time for Igbos, it is actually the best time for Igbo piliticians but it takes some dynamic thinking to realize this. Say what you want about Tinubu but he understood this early and he played the game well, "you cannot go and play in the big leagues if you do not have big players who turn up and show up".

What does that mean? Look at the present crop of Political leaders in the SW and immediate environs (from the 6 states to Kogi and Edo) and you can actually pick enough people called "Tinubu boys" who have political clout and weight. These are peoole who have been tested and have the strenght and dynamism. Even those who are deemed estranged like Fayemi and Fasola. And guess what, they also show up meaning they hold down their own house and can turn up political numbers anyday. Do a number of Tinubu Boys in Lagos alone and be shocked, from Hamzat to Leke Pitan. Not trying to praise Tinubu but this type of alliance is needed. I have not seen one single politician in the SE that commands such respect accross the board in the SE. How can you position yourself for National politics if you have not conqured regional politics?

How can you hold your own when you can't show up to a party meeting with atleast 15 boys who are willing to work for you from all the states? Almost every SE politician is just popular in each of his/her state. This is the problem governors who perform like Obaino and talkers (even though he does too much) like Peter Obi has. They need people to fight for them and hold down other states for them.

You call it godfatherism, I say it is alliances. Imagine if Okorocha can boast of having a huge support base from not just Imo but also Ebonyi, Abia, Rivers and Enugu. That is 5 states. He is already in a good position for any political negotiation and he is more likely to get what he asks for if he wants to form an alliance with anyone.

Saraki did not become this influential by locking himself in Kwara did he? No, he played his politics in his region. Same as El Rufai. You guys have no idea the politics that happened on the morning of the primaries between Fashola, El Rufai and Tinubu. That could have cost President Buhari the ticket if not for alliances.

This is also the problem Akpabio has, his support basically stops in Akwa Ibom (which the governor is doing his best to uproot) outside the state, none. Atleast Amaechi even though he is as dramatic as a woman(no disrespect to women) but he is bringing his boys out and giving them posts who will in turn spread his own political clout. This is not national politics, this is regional oooo.

People wonder why the Tinubu group can be so confident about Lagos? Cos they have done the work of 100 years. They have almost every traditional leader, every market leader, every motor park, and almost every structure on the informal side and the formal side, they allow the social media boys do the dirt fight. If you dont know, you cant beat the Tinubu boys on twitter and Facebook. They are too crazy to fight.

This is time for SE politicians to forge intra-regional alliances. Have one or two politicians in the SE and parts of the SS who can boast of atleast 30% of voters in each state in terms of senators, HoRs, state assemblies etc and then launch for the National scale.

Oh, this victim thingy and expecting things to fall into your arms has to stop. Pick yourself up and stop claiming marginalization; everybody in Nigeria has been marginalized but not everyone choose to wear it on their sleeves. Stop attacking other tribes because you feel they have it better or they made better calculations, if you lose, take that L with your chest, go home and work on it, come back to another fight smoking and looking new (political fights are not every 4 years, they are every re-run election, every party ward primary, every local government poll) put your players in position that will help spread your influence so when they call your name in one place, the response is heard from 7 places. That is political influence.

And politicians have to stop looking like tribal bigots (even if you are, you are a politician, polish yourself). See how commissioners in Lagos, went to be senators, ministers and governors. Dont restrict your planning to one tribe. Ambode did a lot of the financing of Edo politics on Tinubu's behalf now, they have a governor they can plan with. Governors in the SE have to capture grounds outside their state, make none indigenes commissioners and advisers and send them to be senators and what have you in their states.
You made a good submission but it just seems you don't understand the idiosyncrasies of the south east as compared to the north and the south west. You can never have that one person that yields a lot of influence in the SE. The only person that comes that close was Ojukwu and even when he contested, he struggled win tin the SE. The south east is egalitarian by nature so the magic that Tinubu performed in the SW cannot be replicated in SE or atleast will be very difficult to do. Orji Uzor Kalu tried it and he failed and that's why you see him shouting everywhere that Igbos are not united. Even Rochas tried it and he failed mainly because they felt he was leading people to the wrong party.

The God fatherism thingy won't work in the SE and that's the honest truth. We don't believe in a centralized leadership. The only thing that could work is key and notable politicians coming together to form an alliance. That;s what APGA was supposed to achieve but...

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by koropotopoto: 8:02am On May 13, 2017
EmeritusMbaM:

Why cant you pass your message without insulting other tribes. Must you denigrate others? Grow up
you taught me that bro grin
Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by aribisala0(m): 8:06am On May 13, 2017
nonsobaba:
We Igbos will never stand behind Yorubas as Fulanis deal with Osinbajo and treat him as if he were a dead wood. Osinbajo and Yorubas should fight their own battles themselves. Igbos in APC should be wise because allowing Osinbajo to ascend the presidency would mean a truncation of APC's zoning arrangement that would give the southeast a shot at the office in 2023. By all means, Buhari's dead body should complete the north's 8 years. This is Nigeria. Every ethnic group is on its own. Igbos supported Ijaws before and we had nothing to show for it. I advise all sensible Igbos to stand back and allow the fulani owners of Nigeria tear Osinbajo apart, while the greedy Igbos that ran to APC should endeavour to profit from the situation as much as possible.
APC HAVE A ZONING ARRANGEMENT OR YOU WISH THEY HAVE. ? Nigerians will NEVER ZONE PRESIDENCY TO EBOES? Forget that fantasy. Any Eboe that becomes president will have to work for it and earn the Confidence and trust of Nigerians

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Founder Itex Group, Tony Ohifeme Ezekiel Joins Edo North Senatorial District / Anthony Edogbo: Why Yahaya Bello Should Be President (Video) / 14 Days After, Tinubu, Obi, Kwankwaso Yet To Commence Campaigns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 188
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.