Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,418 members, 7,830,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics (10980 Views)

Bode George On Okada Ban: Sanwo-olu Acting Like Someone From Stone Age / PDP To Oshiomhole: Stop Acting Like An Attack Dog / Afam4eva, You Are Wrong. Igbos Do Not Need To Play Nigerian Politics. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:07am On May 13, 2017
tinsel:

Azikiwe won all the votes in South South except in the re-election when NPN rigged out Nwobodo of Anambra state.
Neither did the SS voted Awo.

So why didn't you vote Kalu and Ojukwu in 2007 and 2003 & 2007 respectively?

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Nobody: 9:12am On May 13, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

....political influened choice at play. He who pays the piper dictates the tune. S'S and S'E have been playing it wrong when it comes to electing credible characters..... Money na him dey talk.
Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Mynd44: 9:15am On May 13, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Ojukwu is a case to be studied on its own.

As for Kalu, please wrong political choice. If Kalu had turned Abia into a functional state, people will not think twice before voting for hin

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by tinsel: 9:15am On May 13, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

I will like you to also talk on the abandoned property saga and civil war sabotage.
Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by nku5: 9:16am On May 13, 2017
Sealeddeal:
Your point is sound.
But what is necessary to understood is that PDP has failed to take up the force of opposition and also, there are events you need to consider before you understand the current happenings in Nigeria politics with regards to Igbo common man because there is difference between Igbo common man and Igbo politicians.
When Buhari lost 2011 election, his supporters went on rampage killing people they deemed responsible but GEJ wasted no time but instead brought the northern people into the fold including those that gave him less than 5percent votes. That's what Nigeria presidency demands.
But after GEJ lost 2015 election, the SW APC led touts began the mind game of telling Igbos that they put their eggs in one basket in a quite a manner of conqueror and vanquished thing. APC was supposed to provide National leadership but it turned out to be politics of those that won and those that lost which led to Buhari's appointments and his 5%/97% thing and arrest of Kanu and killing of Biafrans.You don't push anyone and tell the person where to fall.
Politics should not be about winning election but mostly about provision of leadership.
But I must say the Igbo politicians are building bridges. But we the masses don't care about building any bridges. In 2019, we will crush APC in East and bury it.

200% correct sir!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by aribisala0(m): 9:18am On May 13, 2017
nonsobaba:
Who is talking of secession? Nobody is going anywhere. Nnamdi Kanu is just a businessman. I am just suprised at how good and tenacious he is with his gimmicks dat have fooled other regions for so long. Stop pretending dat yorubas are not eyeing d presidency with buhari's condition. D lust for power in d southwest is widely known. Thankfully, u have formidable foes to contend with.
We are planning our secession in our own way according to our timetable that means ensuring economic viability afterwards. Individuals will crave power that is normal but at the end of the day what really matters is different. The North have had it for over 30th years and much good it has done them!
Osinbajo must be eyeing the presidency and I am sure he is eyeing it for Osinbajo not Yoruba but even if he gets it at some point he must hand it back.The fundamental problem people like you have is you can't think long term or for your people. I believe truly that the Yoruba will benefit more economically with Osinbajo as VP than as president . Whether in years or 20 power will come back to the south but that is not a triumph

15 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by aribisala0(m): 9:23am On May 13, 2017
blues20:

I'll will concur to the fact that you are ignorant of the nebulous ethnic make up of the so called S'South.
Which school you go?

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Nobody: 9:23am On May 13, 2017
aribisala0:

Which school you go?
undecided
Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:27am On May 13, 2017
blues20:

....political influened choice at play. He who pays the piper dictates the tune. S'S and S'E have been playing it wrong when it comes to electing credible characters..... Money na him dey talk.
Exactly! Political influence... and whose fault is it? Nobody's but the candidates that think they earn the right to their votes of their tribesmen simply because they are of one tribe.

Ojukwu never really campaigned to win, he hinged his hope on his Biafra heroism amongst Igbo people, falsely believing that it will not only earn him Igbo votes but also the Presidency on assumption of "let's give it to him". But politics don't work that way! Else, even your people will look elsewhere.

You campaign vigorously even among your own people, selling your ideas and prospects to them and extending beyond the shores of your clan if you want to win. That was what differentiate Buhari 2015 from Buhari 2003/2007/201.

I have always maintained that nobody owe anybody or region anything when it comes to politics, people seeking for power must not just agitate but fight and push for it.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Nobody: 9:28am On May 13, 2017
My dear forget Nigerian politics

Politics is a game of numbers, the number game does not favour us on so many fronts.

So for me the only sensible politics is that which is local! The south east should focus on ensuring that only those interested in developing Igbo land using the resource we have make it to office

If you are thinking of Abuja or Aso rock, forget it. A President who speaks Igbo will never emerge through an Igbo agenda. At least not in this atmosphere where Anti-Igbo sentiments seems to unite the rest of the country and that's the truth.

Forget Aso rock, leave that race for all the others, let's focus on the race towards industrialisation and digital economy!

For me any politician saying vote for me for the sake of Igbo Presidency, simply have no clue. Time is of the essence, let's focus on what counts!

Let Igbos who want to seek Presidency of Nigeria continue to do so in their individual capacity. Someday I think a charismatic figure may emerge in a scenario where the south east is already making tremendous progress and the rest of the country may have no choice but to support him.

But for all of Ndigbo to unite, scheme, collude, or do whatever just to elect a president of Nigeria who speaks Igbo? I will say there is a lot more important things in life!

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:31am On May 13, 2017
Mynd44:

As for Kalu, please wrong political choice. If Kalu had turned Abia into a functional state, people will not think twice before voting for hin
Ojukwu never wanted to win!

As for Kalu, even if he had made Abia like Dubai, the best he'd have got was what Aminu Kano got in 1979, which is winning only his state. That's all!

To win election one must sell himself to both his group and those outside, having the mindset that power is earned not gifted, and "voting me is a favor given me not a right".

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Nobody: 9:44am On May 13, 2017
koropotopoto:

afam igbos are not slaves

we have that noble blood in us that made us unique than afonja.

we don't need Nigerian politics to survive
our fathers survived £20 why not us?

Stop all these wolf cry because igbos are not complaining
we are not cowards we know exactly what we want and we won't give up no matter how long it takes.

you mean the politics of licking one illiterate mallam asss and end up having few political appointees that doesn't add value to an average igbo man
hahahahahahaha politics of a professor of law licking the assss of illiterate mallam who does such in a saner clime?
Igbos are made men
we don't do tugs for one asiwaju
we don't do omonile
we don't do agbero
am sorry we're not intrested in Nigeria politics

kiss the truth
yea u dont lick asiwaju and illiterate mallams asss...but your leaders are queing up to join apc right?
your problem..you are quick to lose track of important things and spend your energy on trivialties, imagine how you all are saying the problem is because igbos are divided among s.s and s.e states by fg, how is that of any importance?the hausa and fulani are they in one state or zone?yorubas are in kogi, kwara, edo, delta and no one is making noise about it but come to igbos its suddenly a huge problem, nnamdi azikiwe was president and nwafor orizu was the senate president yet igbos led a coup to topple the govt, how many senate presidents did we have before we settled for anyim pius anyim?ojukwu contested and lost elect in igbo land, would that happen to ahmadu bello, tafawa balewa or awolowo?the truth?greed and envy runs in your veins thats why u want to "make it at all cost"

17 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Mynd44: 9:44am On May 13, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Ojukwu never wanted to win!

As for Kalu, even if he had made Abia like Dubai, the best he'd have got was what Aminu Kano got in 1979, which is winning only his state. That's all!

To win election one must sell himself to both his group and those outside, having the mindset that power is earned not gifted, and "voting me is a favor given me not a right".
When I said if Kalu had turned Abia in a functional state I meant that ither states around Abi might see what is going in there and want some of that. People who visit Abia might see it and sell that idea to others but it is like an Ekiti man selling Fayose to someone in Ogun. Ewwwwww

Governors always have the advantage of them having something to point to during campaign "As governor of xyz state, I did this this and this" and it can be used to campaign. Which is why I can sit down and say some of the few PDP men I respect include Dakwanbo and Akpabio.

It is this same reason that made Wada lose Kogi. You can perform poorly as governor anf want to nove forward. They will ask you what you did as governor first.

And yes, Ojukwu felt entitled. He felt the Igbos owed him some form of loyalty. Look at Fashola in 2011, he had done a lot and even though people knew he was going to trash Dosumu, he did not leave anything out, he still put energy into his campaign and came with an impressive win

10 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Omoluabi16(m): 9:52am On May 13, 2017
Afam4eva:

I understand that you're from the south south but what has to be said has tonne said. These people have added nothing to us despite making them our Kimber one allies . All we get is people accusing us of langrabbing and everything under the sun. What I spoke is the gospel truth even though it does n out sit well with you. It's high time we started realigning ourselves with blocks that really matter.
very surprising from you. You want to keep the cycle going abi? the east-north alliance, west-north alliance. Back and forth and yet both regions have always had their fingers burnt. This your idea maybe noble, but it is once again crown northern nigeria as the defacto lord and masters over nigeria. The feeling out there is if northern nigeria change, Nigeria will be better for it. No one is a minority in any country, any region is ripe enough to stand on its own. Less numbered countries with fewer resources are doing well. The SS are also victims of the nigerian setting, I dare say they are worse off than you igbos. Ally with the north, you get a V.P slot, where you will continually be undermined like the prof there. No amount of alliance will save nigeria if there is no COLLECTIVE will and interest in the nigerian project. Since 1960, have ever had anything collective? even Abiola's election was annulled by the same people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by SuperS1Panther: 9:55am On May 13, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Haha my prayer is even for PMB/PYO 2019 ticket under APC. You talk and brag about 2015 forgetting that same PDP and same Jonathan defeated PMB in 2011.

Truth is politics is very dynamic in reality. It is widely said that opposition don't win elections, incumbents lose. Incumbents are kicked out when the people does not see hope in them especially after giving them mandate. The people will shift attention towards opposition hoping for a better deal.

That's what played out in 2015 and what will repeat in 2019.I am very sure that God will spare our lives to witness the elections and voting patterns in the northwest and Southwest especially.

BTW 2019 will be an all northern affair, and we shall not only present a candidate with potential to take this country to greater height but we shall also present a platform that Nigerians will relate with. Be prepared to tell the people what YOU HAVE DONE since 2015 because Jonathan will not be on the ballot and we won't have luxury to listen to the usual PDP "did this" sermon under the new platform.

Good morning BTW

Thank God you know that politics is very dynamic.

Unfortunately for you politicians, you do not have control of the minds of the people via the media and their twisted narratives again.

The people are the media and we are waiting to unmask and strip every element in your Movement. They had better have integrity and stellar and impeccable records, both in their personal and career lives.

I can tell you of the voting pattern in SW as at today -- It will be PMB/PYO from Lagos to Ekiti.

Mark my word again and again and bookmark this comment -- whosoever you present against the duo of PMB/PYO will lose, just for one reason --- INTEGRITY.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:57am On May 13, 2017
Mynd44:

When I said if Kalu had turned Abia in a functional state I meant that ither states around Abi might see what is going in there and want some of that. People who visit Abia might see it and sell that idea to others but it is like an Ekiti man selling Fayose to someone in Ogun. Ewwwwww

Governors always have the advantage of them having something to point to during campaign "As governor of xyz state, I did this this and this" and it can be used to campaign. Which is why I can sit down and say some of the few PDP men I respect include Dakwanbo and Akpabio.

It is this same reason that made Wada lose Kogi. You can perform poorly as governor anf want to nove forward. They will ask you what you did as governor first.

And yes, Ojukwu felt entitled. He felt the Igbos owed him some form of loyalty. Look at Fashola in 2011, he had done a lot and even though people knew he was going to trash Dosumu, he did not leave anything out, he still put energy into his campaign and came with an impressive win
That's it!

If he had sat in his Alausa office sipping agbo hoping that come rain come shine Lagosians will return him, perhaps Dosumu's narrative would have changed the outcome since it would have been going unchallenged.

There was this guy names Pere Ajuwa (now late), he contested for Presidency in 2007 under AD and he felt he stood a chance at least among Ijaw people simply because he was the only Ijaw man in the ballot. But he not only lost his PU, he performed woefully in Bayelsa and every part of Ijawland. He had the entitlement mentality...

Nobody will vote for anybody that feels the presidency is the right of his or that of his region. This I want some people to understand.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Nobody: 10:00am On May 13, 2017
Afam4eva:

I understand that you're from the south south but what has to be said has tonne said. These people have added nothing to us despite making them our Kimber one allies . All we get is people accusing us of langrabbing and everything under the sun. What I spoke is the gospel truth even though it does n out sit well with you. It's high time we started realigning ourselves with blocks that really matter.

Did we beg to be allies with you or you guys have been the ones begging and attaching yourselves to the SS by fire by force?

8 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Funlord2(m): 10:02am On May 13, 2017
ztapi:

yea u dont lick asiwaju and illiterate mallams asss...but your leaders are queing up to join apc right?
your problem..you are quick to lose track of important things and spend your energy on trivialties, imagine how you all are saying the problem is because igbos are divided among s.s and s.e states by fg, how is that of any importance?the hausa and fulani are they in one state or zone?yorubas are in kogi, kwara, edo, delta and no one is making noise about it but come to igbos its suddenly a huge problem, nnamdi azikiwe was president and nwafor orizu was the senate president yet igbos led a coup to topple the govt, how many senate presidents did we have before we settled for anyim pius anyim?ojukwu contested and lost elect in igbo land, would that happen to ahmadu bello, tafawa balewa or awolowo?the truth?greed and envy runs in your veins thats why u want to "make it at all cost"

I would advise you to study that boys posts before quoting him next time! That is one of the most empty vessels you shall ever come across on nairaland! His reply to you rather may involve buhari dying, tinubu dealing drugs, afonjeezys or some other senseless crap that has nothing whatsoever to do with the points you have raised! Be warned!

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Maduawuchukwu(m): 10:03am On May 13, 2017
tinsel:
There is no tribe in Nigeria that hates the Igbos more than the South South. It was the only place an Igbo man failed to recover his property after the civil war.
In all the elections in Nigeria before this Jonathan' s election, they had voted in line with the North. We lost the civil war due to there sabotage.
Our problem is the Igbo youths. They don't read history.
A man from the North to me is far better than man from the south south. At least I can trust him especially in business.
In meetings everywhere during Jonathan I keep warning our people that the association with him will not earn us any thing. But they refused to hear.
Simply, we play bad politics.

APC youth, you can't speak for Igbo. Stop using the hatred for GEJ to spoil Igbo relations with others while claiming to speak for Ndigbo.
Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Cooly100: 10:09am On May 13, 2017
I stopped reading all the trash here.

All this trash about building bridges, putting all eggs in one basket, bla, bla, bla...is all about an Igbo presidency. My question is, how would an Igbo presidency change the evil machination of the country? How has OBJ and GEJ affected the situation in the south?

I support a surgical restructuring of the country where regions operate at their own pace... or even a total separation, with maximum powers for the entities to develop at their own pace. Anything else is just to maintain the status quo, and we would continue to go in circles of failure...corruption, nepotism, quota system, and religious hegemony...which has set Nigeria back in the league of nations like Singapore and Malaysia, that started almost at the same time...

I don't care about the abokis, the afonjas, the south south or whatever they are called. We should just live separately as good neighbors...and do our things...Ghana is small but many Nigerians flock there...so? I prefer a good life in a small country than a hopeless life in a big for nothing country...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by stonemasonn: 10:11am On May 13, 2017
Afam4eva:
You know, this is actually one of the worst times to be an Igbo man as far as being part of the Nigerian entity is concerned. We know that since the end of the civil war the hate for the Igbo man has been engraved in the minds of the average Nigerian, from the west to the North and even to the South-south. Though the Igbos did a pretty good job despite the adversities by pulling themselves out of the rubble and from 1999, we started to enjoy some level of prosperity politically, even though i feel it wasn't enough considering the fact that we're part of the tripod upon which this nation was built. Atleast it was a good start.

However, a little more than a decade later, the Igbo nation is looking more like a conquered territory. Some people blame it on wrong political calculations and alliances while others blame it on the hate that the Nigerian state has had against people of Igbo extraction. I would blame it on the unwillingness of Igbos to play politics the Nigerian way.

It has come a time that we need to forego the emotions of the civil war and solidarity with any group and play politics the way the Northerners play or atleast, go the route of the Yorubas. These people have mastered the idiosyncrasies that is Nigeria and have seized the moment to put themselves at a stage that will benefit them. It seems the Igbos are the only majority group that have failed and looking like a minority group by the day. Instead of deceiving ourselves by concocting spiritual alliances with a region known as the south-south or Niger Delta or whatever they want to call themselves these days, our alliances should face westwards and to the north. The people from the south-south are the most ungrateful humans ever to walk this part of the world. How can one explain that a group as big as the Igbo race put all their eggs in one basket for a man known as Goodluck Jonathan who wasn't even an Igbo man and as soon as he lost, his people started throwing abuses at us.

The first mistake you don't make in politics is to bring yourself down to align with minorities except it's for your own interest. It's high time we stopped being emotional and moved with the tide and align with satan if need be because contrary to what a lot of Igbos may think, we're no saints and nobody is looking for a saint in Nigeria. As long as you're crooked but appear friendly, people will respect you.
O
P you are the best...3 Gbosa!!!
Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Nobody: 10:14am On May 13, 2017
ztapi:

How many of those group you mentioned are suffering from Government sponsored identity crisis?
Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Omofunaab2: 10:21am On May 13, 2017
wristbangle:

Remarkable comment. Every words in this comment is a punch line and there is no better way one can put it on table, explaining to SE people politics is about strategy not emotion.

You lose some fights doesn't mean total failure. Just like the case of Chelsea (New defending champion) who lost to Manchester United few weeks back but the story became different yesterday.

SE needs to re strategies instead of pointing fingers at people who fail to buy the ticket of someone whose ideology is seriously flawed.

Brilliant write -up. Permission to always reference this when the time comes boss putting you in copy.

Bro, you are just wasting your time telling the igbos to re -strategize , it won't work work, they will continue to play politics of emotions and confusion ( they want biafra, they want Pdp, they want atiku, they want restructuring, they want to be deputy governor in Lagos and a series of other confusions akin to the igbos)

They should stop that "We are marginalized " slogans everybody now sees it as blackmail.

How can you be made commisoners in a south western state, employed in the civil service of Ogun, Oyo, Ondo etc, appointed as permanent secretaries in Ogun State, do business and earn a living in other regions and also dominate the federal civil service (imo) and then you are still shouting marginalization. Is that not blackmail?

Igbos will continue to be like this jawe

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Nobody: 10:23am On May 13, 2017
etchenwafor:

Where are you when an Igbo man chibuike ameachi was sponsoring buhari??Where are you when rochas was using money to sponsor buhari?The truth is we Igbo's have been wronged...Imagine I am from etche(igbo) LGA in rivers and my clan has been split into two because a mad man in the military government wanted to divide us..now we have etche in rivers and IMO...This went on to the extent that asaba an Igbo town was taken from us and added in another state infact this people wanted to divide us to the extent of lumping Igbo community's with other tribe to form states and even putting indeginous Igbo community in south south so we can never be united...Is it our fault!!

This one keep shouting I'm from Etche upandan.
These are quotes from his previous posts;

1. "but please show them that the ikweres are not the only Igbo clan in rivers like we hate etche and ndokis..please"

2. "blues please open another thread to show that portharcourt is Igbo land".
Blues is an active ipob youth on nairaland from the S.East.

In the 1st quote just take a look at the WE HATE grin

In the second; which Rivers man will be begging an Ibo man from the east to open a thread to show that PH is Iboland? Between you and the south easterner who should tell the history of PH better? grin

The above just proved you are a lying land grabbing ipob youth from the barren landlocked SE claiming Rivers.
Be proud of what you are.

14 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by wristbangle: 10:25am On May 13, 2017
Omofunaab2:

Bro, you are just wasting your time telling the igbos to re -strategize , it won't work work, they will continue to play politics of emotions and confusion ( they want biafra, they want Pdp, they want atiku, they want restructuring, they want to be deputy governor in Lagos and a series of other confusions akin to the igbos)

They should stop that "We are marginalized " slogans everybody now sees it as blackmail.

How can you be made commisoners in a south western state, employed in the civil service of Ogun, Oyo, Ondo etc, appointed as permanent secretaries in Ogun State, do business and earn a living in other regions and also dominate the federal civil service (imo) and then you are still shouting marginalization. Is that not blackmail?

Igbos will continue to be like this jawe

Unfortunately you spoke the bitter truth

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by IBRAHIM203: 10:31am On May 13, 2017
Ekinematics:

This one keep shouting I'm from Etche upandan.
These are quotes from his previous posts;

1. "but please show them that the ikweres are not the only Igbo clan in rivers like we hate etche and ndokis..please"

2. "blues please open another thread to show that portharcourt is Igbo land".
Blues is an active ipob youth on nairaland from the S.East.

In the 1st quote just take a look at the WE HATE grin

In the second; which Rivers man will be begging an Ibo man from the east to open a thread to show that PH is Iboland? Between you and the south easterner who should tell the history of PH better? grin

The above just proved you are a lying land grabbing ipob youth from the barren landlocked SE claiming Rivers.
Be proud of what you are.

i dont really know what ur problem is here

people are buzy making concrete observation and u are here point finger

my friend grow up and know ur real enemies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Nobody: 10:38am On May 13, 2017
blues20:

How many of those group you mentioned are suffering from Government sponsored identity crisis?
have you sorted your own identity crisis amongst yourselves or is that what you call government sponsored?today anambra would say they are the real igbos and ebonyis are fake igbos or what have you...to bring out the best in us we must all look beyond our trivial differences and greed and thats where your problem lies, thats why the north wields more power than the south, even though they have more tribal differences...greed

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Nobody: 10:38am On May 13, 2017
Another day another thread from an ipob youth, blaming everyone but himself. sad

7 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Nobody: 10:39am On May 13, 2017
IBRAHIM203:

i dont really know what ur problem is here

people are buzy making concrete observation and u are here point finger

my friend grow up and know ur real enemies

I know my enemies.
The parasites called NW, NE, NC, SE and the SW.
These are all our enemies.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by IBRAHIM203: 10:45am On May 13, 2017
Ekinematics:

I know my enemies.
The parasites called NW, NE, NC, SE and the SW.
These are all our enemies.

i leave u in peace
Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Afam4eva(m): 10:47am On May 13, 2017
Mynd44:

You see, this is what people expect from Igbo candidates which i find funny considering that the presidents we've had since this 4th republic did not do any wonders of note. From Obasanjo to Yaradua to Jonathan to Buhari. Did they turn any state to dubai before they became Nigeria's president. How then do we expect those things from an Igbo candidate. There was even a time some people were playing with the idea that an Igbo candidate must be able to speak the 3 major languages to be considered and it's laughable to say the least.

The way Nigeria is structured, no Igbo man or a southern for that matter can become Nigeria's president without either luck or goodwill from Northerners. The political structured is skewed in such a way that it just doesn't favour some people unless we restructure the country.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Occupy Ikeja City Mall- Shop Owners Shut Due To Parking Fees / Northern Elders To Elite: Rescue Nigeria From Failed Leaders / Joe Igbokwe Denies Being Attacked In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.