Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,263 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Why Are You Scared Of Dating/Marrying Atheists - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are You Scared Of Dating/Marrying Atheists (2291 Views)

8 Benefits Of Dating/marrying A Virgin [A Must Read For All Guys] / Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? / Why Are Guys So Scared Of Dating Students? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are You Scared Of Dating/Marrying Atheists by Nobody: 11:57pm On May 13, 2017
It's been a while I browsed Romance Section

A thread was created few days back & moved to FP
She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist

Been an atheist in Nigeria is like been a gay, devil, satanist etc. I ve personally experienced what the Op in above link is passing through currently.

So, we atheists will like to know the reasons why you can't date/marry us
Re: Why Are You Scared Of Dating/Marrying Atheists by Mcowubaba: 12:08am On May 14, 2017
Lol,
Oga people associate with who the are COMPATABLE with.
Most Igbos marry their fellow Igbos
Most whites marry their fellow whites
Most Hausas marry their fellow Hausas
Most Christians marry their fellow Christians
Most HIV patients marry themselves
Etc, the list goes on
Naturally, Atheist should marry their fellow Atheist.

How can an Atheist be in a serious relationship with a theist, it can't work.
This is not rocket science or The big bang theory.
It's highly logical.

There are only few cases when the aforementioned cases don't apply, like interracial couples, inter tribal marriage.
Even this are manageable, marriage will not change one's skin color or origin, it can probably only change some aspects of your name and lifestyle, which is an easier thing to do.

Religion is a very sentimental and emotional issue.
Changing A Religious belief is as hard as Nuclear physics and astronomy, especially when the person is deeply rooted in it. (probably born into it)

It's no joke. A Muslim marrying a Christian or vice versa, rarely occurs, note both Religious groups have the largest population in the world, but yet the RARELY marry each other.
Not to talk about Atheism which is not even acceptable in Most places of the world, including Africa, it's a no go adventure.
Do you know that a Renowned Atheist can't or probably wouldn't be qualified (or maybe screen out) to contest in a USA, UK or Australian Presidential Election (I stand to be corrected)

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are You Scared Of Dating/Marrying Atheists by Nobody: 12:09am On May 14, 2017
Shut up! People are saying they are atheist, you too open mouth
Re: Why Are You Scared Of Dating/Marrying Atheists by ftechclass: 12:27am On May 14, 2017
IAmSirMichael:
Shut up! People are saying they are atheist, you too open mouth
It's never a must to comment on a thread.

BTW, what make you think he's not an atheist
Or are you pained that he's one?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are You Scared Of Dating/Marrying Atheists by Nobody: 12:41am On May 14, 2017
ftechclass:

It's never a must to comment on a thread.

BTW, what make you think he's not an atheist
Or are you pained that he's one?

Sorry but do I know you? undecided
Re: Why Are You Scared Of Dating/Marrying Atheists by ftechclass: 12:53am On May 14, 2017
Mcowubaba:
Lol,
Oga people associate with who the are COMPATABLE with.

I agree with part where you clearly stated people associate themselves with whom they're compatible with.
But in this case as the Op stated, you theists see us as Gay, satanist, Lucifer
Most Igbos marry their fellow Igbos
Most whites marry their fellow whites
Most Hausas marry their fellow Hausas
Most Christians marry their fellow Christians
Most HIV patients marry themselves
Etc, the list goes on
Am happy you said "most"
Naturally, Atheist should marry their fellow Atheist.
Yea, atheists do marry themselves. In fact, on NL, I could mention one (a lady tho)
But this is just BTW. If am to go by your logic, there have been hundreds of religion even before Christianity came into be. And if these old religious people are to be Marrying each other just like you stated, we wouldn't have had much Christians..
Morealso, using Nigeria as an example to buttress my point. Before the coming coming of Christianity into our country, our forefathers were worshipping an entirely different God (so different from Yahweh). If they were to practice what you typed above, you wouldn't have been fighting for Ya belief

How can an Atheist be in a serious relationship with a theist, it can't work.

And this is why the Op created the thread. To know the reasons why you can't engage into relationships with us
This is not rocket science or The big bang theory.
It's highly logical.

Then if it's logical, you should see the my response is trying to foster harmony and love between atheists and theists.
It's no joke. A Muslim marrying a Christian or vice versa, rarely occurs, note both Religious groups have the largest population in the world, but yet the RARELY marry each other.
Not to talk about Atheism which is not even acceptable in Most places of the world, including Africa, it's a no go adventure.

Now, have you ever sat yourself down to ask yourself why other religious people don't marry people they have different beliefs with?

The answer is simple.
We are all atheists, just they many of you go one god further thereby bring hate and superiority in the versions of god.
Everybody claims to be serving the right and true god

Do you know that a Renowned Atheist can't or probably wouldn't be qualified (or maybe screen out) to contest in a USA, UK or Australian Presidential Election (I stand to be corrected)
Pulling strawman....

No derailing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are You Scared Of Dating/Marrying Atheists by ftechclass: 12:56am On May 14, 2017
IAmSirMichael:

Sorry but do I know you? undecided
I don't think so.. You sounded pained by ya response
Re: Why Are You Scared Of Dating/Marrying Atheists by Homers123(m): 12:56am On May 14, 2017
I'm no Atheist but I can date one,I'm open minded about religion.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are You Scared Of Dating/Marrying Atheists by Mcowubaba: 1:47am On May 14, 2017
ftechclass:

I agree with part where you clearly stated people associate themselves with whom they're compatible with.
But in this case as the Op stated, you theists see us as Gay, satanist, Lucifer

Am happy you said "most"

Yea, atheists do marry themselves. In fact, on NL, I could mention one (a lady tho)
But this is just BTW. If am to go by your logic, there have been hundreds of religion even before Christianity came into be. And if these old religious people are to be Marrying each other just like you stated, we wouldn't have had much Christians..
Morealso, using Nigeria as an example to buttress my point. Before the coming coming of Christianity into our country, our forefathers were worshipping an entirely different God (so different from Yahweh). If they were to practice what you typed above, you wouldn't have been fighting for Ya belief

And this is why the Op created the thread. To know the reasons why you can't engage into relationships with us

Then if it's logical, you should see the my response is trying to foster harmony and love between atheists and theists.

Now, have you ever sat yourself down to ask yourself why other religious people don't marry people they have different beliefs with?

The answer is simple.
We are all atheists, just they many of you go one god further thereby bring hate and superiority in the versions of god.
Everybody claims to be serving the right and true god

Pulling strawman....

No derailing
No need for me to go back and forth with this argument.

This is clearly very simple..

Now, I'm not a Fan/worshipper of Buddha, why will I be interested in dating a Buddhist.

I'm not a Fan of worshiper of Allah, while should I go and start dating a Muslim, what I'm expecting undecided

Probably for her to leave her religious beliefs for mine, that's absolutely crazy and illogical.

You don't believe in God, you mock Jesus Christ and Christians, why on earth will you want to be in a serious Relationship with a Christian, so probably you can torment her life with your own idealogies and beliefs undecided
That's absolutely unacceptable and illogical...

You can't eat your cake and have it Sir.

. And note, Religious belief is not what you can easily take out or put aside in a serious relationship, unless you're talking about flirting or something else....

Just wish or hope that you meet a TRUE Christian (not a Church goer) who is ready to leave his/her religious beliefs for yours (2 in 200), I'm talking about based on Love, not materialistic things.

Some religious people can pretend or convert to a religious belief because of Financial or other gains.

Even some denominations in Christianity have serious problems in marrying a person from another denomination in the same CHRISTIANITY/Christian religion, and you are here talking about a Totally different and abstract Religion, Kilode undecided undecided
Abstract in the sense of an opposite of believing in God, any god

Catholics and Jéhovah witnesses never marry finish, na Atheist and Deeper life Church member wan marry undecided undecided

Please note, I don't regard myself as a Religious person... I'm just giving you an unbiased view of this topic.

I'm not interested in any arguments about the flaws in Christianity, or God, origin of Christian or other religion etc, which you may like to bring up...

That's not my business for the day, I'm not interested wink

You say Theist see Atheist as Gays or Lucifer, probably you overstretch that. But even at that, Atheist also see Theists as gullible, silly, confused, unintelligent, mumu, illogical etc.
So the dérogation/stereotype is MUTUAL cool

Why bother yourself with "Gullible people" undecided (what Atheist calls Theists) , there are millions of Atheist, go and find 1 and marry.
This thread is UNNECESSARY

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are You Scared Of Dating/Marrying Atheists by Nobody: 4:40am On May 14, 2017
On one level, 2Corinthians 6:14. Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership can righteousness have with wickedness? Or what fellowship does light have with darkness?

But on another level, there is an unpredictability to unbelievers. Religion tames people, and keeps them in check.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Scared Of Dating/Marrying Atheists by Nobody: 4:48am On May 14, 2017
RaggedyAnn:
On one level, 2Corinthians 6:14. Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership can righteousness have with wickedness? Or what fellowship does light have with darkness?

But on another level, there is an unpredictability to unbelievers. Religion tames people, and keeps them in check.

Really sis! With all the bloodshed, discrimination, and hypocrisy, that religious people commit? If religion tames people then why are we witnessing all this dysfunction amongst religious countries and people?

It's really sad that you or your religion would describe people who don't follow the teachings as wickedness and darkness. Is it atheists that are condemning children under the terms of being a witch? Is it atheists that go to war (crusaders, jihadists ) and kill for what they believe and others reject?

I am an atheist and I am neither wicked nor evil. I am compassionate and I love without conditions.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are You Scared Of Dating/Marrying Atheists by Nobody: 4:49am On May 14, 2017
I am an atheist and I would avoid religious people because they don't understand the term live and let live.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Scared Of Dating/Marrying Atheists by smileysmiles(f): 6:11am On May 14, 2017
Better to be with a disciplined atheist than a hypocrite

2 Likes

Re: Why Are You Scared Of Dating/Marrying Atheists by firstking01(m): 7:09am On May 14, 2017
Dimples182:

Really sis! With all the bloodshed, discrimination, and hypocrisy, that religious people commit? If religion tames people then why are we witnessing all this dysfunction amongst religious countries and people?

It's really sad that you or your religion would describe people who don't follow the teachings as wickedness and darkness. Is it atheists that are condemning children under the terms of being a witch? Is it atheists that go to war (crusaders, jihadists ) and kill for what they believe and others reject?

I am an atheist and I am neither wicked nor evil. I am compassionate and I love without conditions.
Y'all atheist lacks spiritual apprehension of the bible and christianity as a whole and that's why i don't even bother myself anymore replying you....christianity came to be through war and somebody somwhow had to sacrifice his life for us to get to where we are today as christians...you say you are an atheist, and that you are compassionate and you love without condition and that you are not evil?, every normal human being is capable of doing that....that you see one christian misbehave doesn't mean another one is like that...do you read the bible?, go there you will see what we call love...christianity is what even lucifer himself is fighting every tooth and nail to bring down but like the bible stated, " who can go to the heavens and bring God down"??, no demon can....so, we are lovable people my dear....talk to people like us and not those "christians" who doesn't know their root in christsmiley

Happy sunday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are You Scared Of Dating/Marrying Atheists by Nobody: 7:22am On May 14, 2017
firstking01:
Y'all atheist lacks spiritual apprehension of the bible and christianity as a whole and that's why i don't even bother myself anymore replying you....christianity came to be through war and somebody somwhow had to sacrifice his life for us to get to where we are today as christians...you say you are an atheist, and that you are compassionate and you love without condition and that you are not evil?, every normal human being is capable of doing that....that you see one christian misbehave doesn't mean another one is like that...do you read the bible?, go there you will see what we call love...christianity is what even lucifer himself is fighting every tooth and nail to bring down but like the bible stated, " who can go to the heavens and bring God down"??, no demon can....so, we are lovable people my dear....talk to people like us and not those "christians" who doesn't know their root in christsmiley

Happy sunday.

Another hypocrite here... I have personally read your comments on nl (disrespectful to other faiths, your comment yesterday, " Most muslims are pedophiles" )observed your antics (including breaking the heart of a nl girl, I learnt you are a baby daddy))

How do you have the face to do one thing and say another? I fear religion because of the followers it attracts. Religious folks live by the moto "Do as I say not as I do."

6 Likes

Re: Why Are You Scared Of Dating/Marrying Atheists by Nobody: 7:29am On May 14, 2017
adepeter26:
It's been a while I browsed Romance Section

A thread was created few days back & moved to FP
She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist

Been an atheist in Nigeria is like been a gay, devil, satanist etc. I ve personally experienced what the Op in above link is passing through currently.

So, we atheists will like to know the reasons why you can't date/marry us
NIGERIAN ATHEIST ARE FAKE.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Scared Of Dating/Marrying Atheists by LePrezident(m): 7:34am On May 14, 2017
Dimples182:
I am an atheist and I would avoid religious people because they don't understand the term live and let live.

Do you have dimples for real?
Re: Why Are You Scared Of Dating/Marrying Atheists by Nobody: 7:37am On May 14, 2017
LePrezident:

Do you have dimples for real?

Lol. No I just love dimples undecided
Re: Why Are You Scared Of Dating/Marrying Atheists by Nobody: 7:57am On May 14, 2017
I don't fear atheists but my concern or curiosity would be, what do they use to guide their moral compass? God for most is like a supreme court judge they fear & that fear is what lassos them in from doing unthinkable things. So if a person doesn't have that, what do they have in place of that? I wouldn't wanna be with a swaggering, pompous A-hole that thinks he IS God, just like I wouldn't wanna be with some annoying, overtly religious Jesus freak. Just a guy that believes there is "something" bigger than them out, to keep that ego in check & also to serve as a moral code.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Scared Of Dating/Marrying Atheists by LePrezident(m): 8:17am On May 14, 2017
Dimples182:

Oh! such a bummer cry
Re: Why Are You Scared Of Dating/Marrying Atheists by Edenoscar(m): 8:40am On May 14, 2017
maxwell60:
hmmm

Re: Why Are You Scared Of Dating/Marrying Atheists by Nobody: 9:08am On May 14, 2017
Dimples182:

stop lying.. U once showed me a pic, remember?
Re: Why Are You Scared Of Dating/Marrying Atheists by Nobody: 9:30am On May 14, 2017
maxwell60:
Can you tell us why we are fake
Re: Why Are You Scared Of Dating/Marrying Atheists by Nobody: 9:35am On May 14, 2017
id date.atheist its a cultist or a man of an extreme faith i wouldnt date lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are You Scared Of Dating/Marrying Atheists by firstking01(m): 10:13am On May 14, 2017
Dimples182:

Another hypocrite here... I have personally read your comments on nl (disrespectful to other faiths, your comment yesterday, " Most muslims are pedophiles" )observed your antics (including breaking the heart of a nl girl, I learnt you are a baby daddy))

How do you have the face to do one thing and say another? I fear religion because of the followers it attracts. Religious folks live by the moto "Do as I say not as I do."
Lol, @baby daddygrin....Well, the said i had a lil flintch with is the only living nairalander that has seen me in person and only her can tell if i'm a baby daddy or warreva you term it....i'm just a guy in his mid 20 years doing what i'm supposed to be doing to succeed...maybe some of my threads might further give you a clue to my kinda being...i'm highly controversial....i'm not stable in a particular thing but i'm stable in God cool....

1. I'm one person on earth that don't follow the crowed.

2. Before now i critisize christians more than you or even apostle paul not until my encouter and conviction...you can read the thread, was on fp which you atheist storm and started asking philosophical questions as usual that has no absolute meanings.

3. My threads and comments looks more mature than me, that's if you see me physical(this is where you mistake me for a baby daddy)7...i'm average, nice nice body shape, smart, extroverted both in spoken words and actions...in spoken words, meaning i talk fast likr david ibiyiomie, if you 've listened to him before....

4. I'm allergic to bullshit that's why i can without thinking go derogatory atimes esp if you abuse my God and my religion, no do am make i catch youundecided…guess this is where you got the whole hypocrisy thingy wrong.

5. And lastly, i'm no religious fellowundecided…i know God all to myself and no flesh and blood can draw me away from Himundecided…eventhough rev marius or Dr o ezekiel or ibiyomie turn atheist tomorrow that encounter i have with Him will not let me go otherwise....the best and surest way to access the reality and existence of God is by knowing HIM all to yourselfsmiley....

I'm off to church dear.
Re: Why Are You Scared Of Dating/Marrying Atheists by plessis: 10:45am On May 14, 2017
Looking at their posts, one can simply conclude that Christians are a bunch of closed-minded hateful hypocrites....

You condemn Muslims, condemn traditional worshipers.... You condemn virtually every other belief that isn't yours... But y'all fornicate, lie, cheat and commit several sins that your God has warned y'all against...

An average atheist is more morally upright than you Sunday worshipping idiots who don't even know what Christianity stands for....

Christianity is a way of life... What way of life?... Clubbing, partying, sleeping around, slaying on social media?....

I personally think Muslims reason better than you lots...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are You Scared Of Dating/Marrying Atheists by Headlesschicken(m): 11:03am On May 14, 2017
grin If u do not believe in God,then wat do u blv in,wen situations bigger dan u comes yuh way,whom do u call upon 4help,d life u live,whom gave it 2u,was it by yuh own making dt yuh alive,i can never possibly marry an aeithist 4any reason whatsoever,d Muslim guy above me,said dt we Christians phuck,club,party n slay on social media,buh x it only xtians dt do dat,or is it,even our dear Muslim brothers do worse,@ d end of d day we r all human beings,on d last day we shall surely find out whom x ryt n wrong,buh yuh ignorance won't b an excuse....
Re: Why Are You Scared Of Dating/Marrying Atheists by itseintel: 11:23am On May 14, 2017
Dimples182:

undecided undecided
And I'm sure that if atheist had their own country, it will be Utopia and the capital Nirvana!! There will be no bloodshed, discrimination or hypocrisy... People who believe in God will not be denied basic rights and will be seen as equals in all ramifications (as we see happening already). Religion has become a soft target for the many problems of the world by those who create them-and those who blame them.... undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Scared Of Dating/Marrying Atheists by itseintel: 11:37am On May 14, 2017
plessis:
Looking at their posts, one can simply conclude that Christians are a bunch of closed-minded hateful hypocrites....

You condemn Muslims, condemn traditional worshipers.... You condemn virtually every other belief that isn't yours... But y'all fornicate, lie, cheat and commit several sins that your God has warned y'all against...

An average atheist is more morally upright than you Sunday worshipping idiots who don't even know what Christianity stands for....

Christianity is a way of life... What way of life?... Clubbing, partying, sleeping around, slaying on social media?....

I personally think Muslims reason better than you lots...

Loool.... and from your perspective, the average morally sound atheist doesn't go with your forementioned 'christian way of life', or the preferred muslim doesn't too.... One of the fruits of close-mindness is bias, and your post should be a classic example of a hypocritic close-minded, quick to point a finger(without logical thinking) kind of mind. In your open mind,only christians party,sleep around and slay cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Scared Of Dating/Marrying Atheists by plessis: 1:04pm On May 14, 2017
itseintel:

Loool.... and from your perspective, the average morally sound atheist doesn't go with your forementioned 'christian way of life', or the preferred muslim doesn't too.... One of the fruits of close-mindness is bais, and your post should be a classic example of a hypocritic close-minded, quick to point a finger(without logical thinking) kind of mind. In your open mind,only christians party,sleep around and slay cheesy cheesy
talk about how you hypocrites deliberately disobey the commandments of your skydaddy... Then automatically condemn atheists because of their disbelief....

The lifestyle of the average Nigerian Christian is disgusting.... Even your pastors and religious leaders sleep with kids and prostitutes with your hard earned income... And you're condemning people who have realized the scam that religion is...
Re: Why Are You Scared Of Dating/Marrying Atheists by itseintel: 2:00pm On May 14, 2017
plessis:
talk about how you hypocrites deliberately disobey the commandments of your skydaddy... Then automatically condemn atheists because of their disbelief....

The lifestyle of the average Nigerian Christian is disgusting.... Even your pastors and religious leaders sleep with kids and prostitutes with your hard earned income... And you're condemning people who have realized the scam that religion is...

Chai! You must be really angry.... Enough to post this and still not see.... i ain't interested in what the skydaddy or pastors do or nah. That's not the subject matter here.

I only questioned your assertion that only christians should be held accountable for disobeying moral principles that society is subjected to, which is false!

Realized that religion is a scam? Maybe you only switched sides in some mandatory scamming scheme. The greatest scam could be you being alive and thinking you know better because you know(little that we always think is more). Your anger at christians is what i find amusing.

You still were not objective to my observations, and here i am thinking that the core of atheism is more logic, rational thinking and less of emotional unintelligence. Atheism is not better than religion, it's a religion with no standards as far as i can observe(you can prove me wrong) cos all of you are not even on the same page enough for one to begin with(except when you question the Existence of God)
It is not the disbelief or mis-belief of an atheist that's a problem, it's how they point fingers to everything that is wrong while they ain't examplary either.... and that's some heightened level of hypocrisy.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are You Scared Of Dating/Marrying Atheists by Nobody: 6:06pm On May 14, 2017
Dimples182:

Sorry I'm replying you so late, dearie, I've been distracted since morning.

It is rare to see a female who would dare to question the norms. I know that sounds derogatory to our gender, but I mean it as a compliment to you. It takes guts to not take your brains for granted. And religion does require that we remain superficial and not ask too many questions. God works in mysterious ways! Just believe, have faith and essentially distrust your senses seem to be the answer for everything. I can understand its lack of appeal to the shrewder minds.

So, yes I do stand by what I said. It is used to tame people - domesticate them. Over the ages, religion has been used as a tool to turn an unkown group of people to predictable people for the purpose of domination. Give them rules to follow, a way of thinking, tell them they have no choice but to live by that code and you can get them to bend which ever way you'll have. A godless man, however, is above that code and owes allegiance only to his conscience. Read my signature - borrowed words from Frank Ocean. Similarly, people would go for God-fearing spouses because he/she owes allegiance to the Christian code. He/she is bound to stay in marriage because divorce is not permitted rather than out of love for his spouse. Because God - that unseen mystery is an idea greater than the world.

I don't want to ramble on, I hope you get me. I do not consider myself an atheist (I used to) my religion is love and I believe the philosophy of Christ is love. I believe that the Bible is biased because it was written by men who had their personal agendas. Taking it in verses is a dangerous thing. If ever I were to consider myself a Christian, it would mean that I follow the teachings of Christ exclusively and that entails understanding his motivations. And in that, it would be evident that violence and being judgemental or ostentatious in righteousness wasn't his method at all.

You're right about the fact that organized religion has brought wars and intolerance but that's out of human vanity. It is out of a need to believe that we are the children of the true God while others are infidels. God doesn't need us to make his judgement for him but we do it anyway. If our belief in the afterlife is strong enough, why do we stress about visiting hell on unbelievers here on earth? I rambling. I'll stop. I do not think people who do not subscribe to the prevalent brand of Christianity are wicked or dark, that is a direct quote from the good book.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is My Husband And I Not Compatible ? Too Tight Vs Too Soon / Matured And Reasonable Answers Biko / She Wan Use Bleep Kill Me O

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.