Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,367 members, 7,819,319 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) (13171 Views)

Live PICS Of Protest Going On At IKEDC / More Pictures Of Buhari At The Blair House In The US / Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Gbawe: 5:55pm On Jan 12, 2010
tpia.:

the protesters all look well fed and middle class with good comfortable jobs. Some of them are even upper class self.

I'm sure quite a lot of them travel abroad regularly for overseas vacations or money laundering.

Now, had it been a "Clean up Mushin" or "Clean up our village" campaign, Nigerians would be MIA and knocking any such scheme clear out of the water.

The more reason why these "save Nigeria" protest rallies should be seen as the beginning of something new and different. Those who are "well fed and middle class with good comfortable jobs" in the crowd were the ones who would be missing from these types of protest in the past because of apathy and indifference. Their involvement shows the level of disenchantment of all Nigerians with the current direction of Nigeria.

Kudos to everyone who attended. Great turn out and great effort !!!!
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by jimmysho(m): 5:58pm On Jan 12, 2010
nigeria will flourish again
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 12, 2010
Gbawe:

The more reason why these "save Nigeria" protest rallies should be seen as the beginning of something new and different. Those who are "well fed and middle class with good comfortable jobs" in the crowd were the ones who would be missing from these types of protest in the past because of apathy and indifference. Their involvement shows the level of disenchantment of all Nigerians with the current direction of Nigeria.

@ bolded: not true.

These are the same people benefitting from govt contracts and comfortable jobs in Abuja or elsewhere. Or dating money bags in this same govt.

I'm quite sure for most of them, their presence there is simply because they want people from their area or tribe, in the top govt positions.

That's what "change" is called in Nigeria.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Fhemmmy: 6:00pm On Jan 12, 2010
jimmysho:

With this kinda march, i blv that
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by aloyemeka7: 6:02pm On Jan 12, 2010
jimmysho:

When the likes of thief Bola Tinubu is among the protesters?
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by jimmysho(m): 6:03pm On Jan 12, 2010
am comfirming to u authoritatively that it will not end at the protest alone. watch for more action. enough of the siddon and look.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by jimmysho(m): 6:05pm On Jan 12, 2010
tinubu may be there but what is certain is that the dry or fresh wood in the forest are used to prepare sacrifice for the good of the land
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by jimmysho(m): 6:11pm On Jan 12, 2010
more trouble for the ruling class
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Fhemmmy: 6:12pm On Jan 12, 2010
I am sure there would be more after the march, so i cant wait to see what will be next.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by jimmysho(m): 6:13pm On Jan 12, 2010
femi. ma je si aso loju egun. i wo safara bale. boju bafarabale ari imu
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Fhemmmy: 6:14pm On Jan 12, 2010
jimmysho:

femi. ma je si aso loju egun. i wo safara bale. boju bafarabale ari imu

Not too good in reading . . . . .but speak well . . . interpret, i beg
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Beaf: 6:15pm On Jan 12, 2010
Gbawe:

All wrong. Its just that the youth of Nigeria are too scared to join in. The vast majority in that group of "well fed and middle class" folk have been marching since they were youths, the march is greying now because our young men see no shame in clinging to mummy.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/219562_reclaimNigeria_jpge7c2ec3f1659f47c3609f5d602a6b02d
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Fhemmmy: 6:16pm On Jan 12, 2010
Lol
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Dammyray(m): 6:20pm On Jan 12, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Him sey if eyes come ground sey him go see nose,sey make u take am easy, lol,
whatever also trying hun, So can some1 tell me that outcome of what this lead to?

SPIRITUAL PRESIDENT SPEAKING ON BBC I GUESS, 9JA FOR U shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Gbawe: 6:21pm On Jan 12, 2010
tpia.:

@ bolded: not true.

These are the same people benefitting from govt contracts and comfortable jobs in Abuja or elsewhere. Or dating money bags in this same govt.

I'm quite sure for most of them, their presence there is simply because they want people from their area or tribe, in the top govt positions.

That's what "change" is called in Nigeria.

There is no doubt that the apathy of the elite class has contributed to the situation Nigerians now finds itself in. If everyone , rich and poor , are now turning out to protest , against a very high-handed and tyrannical Government , I think we should see the big picture and praise this protest rally as per what it may portend for the future.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by jimmysho(m): 6:35pm On Jan 12, 2010
Fhemmmy:

meaning i must not let out all the plans of the protest organisers. just keep ur cool and u will witness the unpredictable strength of the wounded lion, nigerians
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by edoyad(m): 6:37pm On Jan 12, 2010
Oya I've done my part, I've gone for protest; NL big mouthers what do you have to say about edoyad's patriotism now ?
When it comes to a town near them i hope the internet revolutionists will partake in them ?
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Fhemmmy: 6:38pm On Jan 12, 2010
jimmysho:

meaning i must not let out all the plans of the protest organisers. just keep your cool and u will witness the unpredictable strength of the wounded lion, nigerians

I am glad to hear that
Good job
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Beaf: 6:41pm On Jan 12, 2010
jimmysho:

meaning i must not let out all the plans of the protest organisers. just keep your cool and u will witness the unpredictable strength of the wounded lion, nigerians

. . .And in a Nigerian forum, that had to be said in your language. Certain things are just damn rude and crude.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Gbawe: 6:41pm On Jan 12, 2010
Beaf:

All wrong. Its just that the youth of Nigeria are too scared to join in. The vast majority in that group of "well fed and middle class" folk have been marching since they were youths, the march is greying now because our young men see no shame in clinging to mummy.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/219562_reclaimNigeria_jpge7c2ec3f1659f47c3609f5d602a6b02d

The NLF (Nigerian Liberty Forum) , as one of the organisers of these protests, will confirm that  a lot of 'big men' , who have never done this type of thing, unprecedentedly signified their intention to play a role . There is almost total disenchantment with the Yar Adua Govt from all quarters. We all know most of our leaders are corrupt but many will still facilitate national progress , however small, along their corrupt practices. Under Yar Adua it is only corruption and minus zero progress. That is what everyone , including the rich , are fed up with.

Power generation nada !!!! Billions allocated to road construction/repair yet nada !!!!! Now , because of the absence of leadership, we are terrorists as well !!!!!
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by edoyad(m): 6:49pm On Jan 12, 2010
SUPER EAGLES don finally kill Yaradua o ! ! ! !
grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Gbawe: 6:52pm On Jan 12, 2010
edoyad:

SUPER EAGLES don finally kill Yaradua o ! ! ! !
grin grin

grin grin Dem dey chop cane well, well . 3-1 to Egypt right now !!!
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by jimmysho(m): 6:58pm On Jan 12, 2010
Beaf:

. . .And in a Nigerian forum, that had to be said in your language. Certain things are just damn rude and crude.
what is ur poblem young man. we must spice things up a beat. all the same, it is a nigerian lkanguage
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by jimmysho(m): 7:01pm On Jan 12, 2010
that is the nail that nailed the coffin
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Fhemmmy: 7:11pm On Jan 12, 2010
jimmysho:

that is the nail that nailed the coffin

yes oh
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Mariory(m): 7:12pm On Jan 12, 2010
Agreed. I think something's about to explode.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Fhemmmy: 7:17pm On Jan 12, 2010
Mariory:

Agreed. I think something's about to explode.
It is about time for the explossion
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Revolution: 7:35pm On Jan 12, 2010
you can listen to the protest here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/africa/2010/01/100112_nigyarprot.shtml

dem no gree make leader of house of assembly address them. Good!
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Fhemmmy: 7:49pm On Jan 12, 2010
That is good, all the address that has been given, what has it achieved? Nothing
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by labiyemmy(m): 7:57pm On Jan 12, 2010
the same noise makers - falana, soyinka and all what nots- dem never tire?

hypocrites who shouted on Obaanjo and accused him of using Ribadu for his selfish means - the same Falana is now representing the same Ribadu who he had vehemently opposed.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Beaf: 7:57pm On Jan 12, 2010
jimmysho:

what is your poblem young man. we must spice things up a beat. all the same, it is a nigerian lkanguage

I am just telling you that what you did was bad mannered and rude. What if everybody decides to write in their languages? There are times when maturity is strictly required. We are discussing the future of the country.
One of the criticms Yar Adua has come under in his "speech" to the BBC is that he "spoke" in Hausa for part of the interview. Nigerians see that as insulting, the same applies to your behaviour, when in a gathering you launch into a language only your people can understand.

But lets shake hands and leave it.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jan 12, 2010
them wan destabilize the country like what's currently going on in Iran.

All these foreign based internet "warriors"

i tire for Nigerians, for real.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Petrol Queues Resurface In Abuja / Bayo Onanuga: Nigeria’s Wealth Overestimated, Country Very Poor / Edo 2024: Ighodalo Emerges PDP Candidate With 577 Votes, Promises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.