Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,393 members, 7,819,407 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) (13172 Views)

Live PICS Of Protest Going On At IKEDC / More Pictures Of Buhari At The Blair House In The US / Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by londoner: 1:51pm On Jan 13, 2010
@ajali, beautiful post, just beautiful.

Look, we have witnessed changes less likely to happen in the last year with a Black man being elected to the Whitehouse, which also used to be a running joke with Black Americans themselves , so you cant discount the united voice as a force of change.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by jimmysho(m): 1:53pm On Jan 13, 2010
change is coming was a song fews days ago. today we collective say CHANGE HAS COME
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by sweetliet: 1:54pm On Jan 13, 2010
all Mr President needs now is our prayers. God help Nigeria, God help Mr. President
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by jimmysho(m): 1:57pm On Jan 13, 2010
sweetliet:

all Mr President needs now is our prayers. God help Nigeria, God help Mr. President

does he need it? what is the prayer point because if i start praying that he resign or die. it is still prayer[/quote
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by londoner: 1:59pm On Jan 13, 2010
I hope Yaradua comes back in good health, then resigns as president, because he is not fit to lead, more importantly the people want change.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by jimmysho(m): 2:03pm On Jan 13, 2010
londoner:

I hope Yaradua comes back in good health, then resigns as president, because he is not fit to lead, more importantly the people want change.

resign? on the purported address, he said he is coming back home to continue the discharge of his duty.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Ben13: 2:46pm On Jan 13, 2010
[size=19pt]After The Protest, What Next?[/size]

Everything gets back to normal?
Will Yaradua speak to Nigerians?
Or was it just a show?

sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by londoner: 3:05pm On Jan 13, 2010
@ jimmysho, thats why I said HOPE, lol

Even if he will resign once he finds his health is becoming too much, down the line. Is he hardly likely to say right now, that he is going to resign once he gets back?

Well, we can but hope he does the right thing and resigns. He can either jump or be pushed, it looks like his only options now.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by flashgeek: 3:10pm On Jan 13, 2010
wole soyinka for president
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by papabaks(m): 3:18pm On Jan 13, 2010
flashgeek:

I WILL REALLY SUPPORT THIS IF IT'S TRUE.

papa.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by yeswecan(m): 3:18pm On Jan 13, 2010
This is a good start . . . .
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by maxtop(m): 3:23pm On Jan 13, 2010
Its even amazing to see Nigerian police Foce wants to know where there president is too. grin grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by olisa07: 3:24pm On Jan 13, 2010
Thank you all for the protest, more of that !
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Beaf: 3:29pm On Jan 13, 2010
Ben-10:

[size=19pt]After The Protest, What Next?[/size]

Everything gets back to normal?
Will Yaradua speak to Nigerians?
Or was it just a show?

sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

[size=19pt]Sovereign National Conference [/size]or split.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by methodman(m): 3:39pm On Jan 13, 2010
FAVOURED GENERATION, smiley smiley smiley grin
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by ajalio(f): 3:46pm On Jan 13, 2010
@edoyad

Well, I am mostly in the background and observe first of all the things, before I say something.  smiley
Of course I have noticed, that something is happen in Nigeria. It seems as you have awoken from a long lethargy.
I am really glad very much about it and hope that this still small snowball will grow to a gigantic avalanche.
Uups, a funny sentence for Nigeria. LOL, but you will know what I mean.

And yes, I have already written the article and not only this. Because of the fact, that the publisher was interested
to give an understanding of Nigeria to his readers he asked me to write more.
And, finally, a 18-sided pamphlet originated about Nigeria and the people. I must confess, I don't handle with the Nigerian leaders in politics and economy very softly. I just always say what is my mind. However, even more warmly and sometimes also more jocularly are the articles about the people in Nigeria, their culture, their peculiarities. Briefly, I have described Nigeria and its people as I see them.

Here of course the pamphlet is written in German, but there is also an issue in English language. If you like to read it, you find it as a PDF to download on my MySpace side (my side is bilingual in German and in English). There I have posted a blog with the heading "Nigeria, bad luck and evil"?  grin
You find the link to the website on my profile.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Fhemmmy: 3:53pm On Jan 13, 2010
Any update, guys?
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by ajalio(f): 4:09pm On Jan 13, 2010
@londoner

thank you!

Maybe I have expressed myself a little bit clumsily.
I just want to say that it is impossible to quieten the voices of 150 million people.
If these are, nevertheless, only a few, the past has shown often enough how was reacted to it.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Liedetect: 4:21pm On Jan 13, 2010
Nigerians please be careful of disporians advocating wars. They have foreign passports many are the mouthpiece of foreign government and have no real concern for Nigeria or Nigerians. This is not to suggest that fear of suffering should necessitate against uprising but that the cause for which most of these people cry bear no similarities to that which Nigeria needs.

If a war starts, they will carry their families if not already abroad and run away leaving the poor people to suffer and die. It has happened before.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Vavavoom(m): 4:28pm On Jan 13, 2010
Bravo to The Turai Contenders
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by ddiamond(f): 4:31pm On Jan 13, 2010
God bless these people for this protect.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

high tym for action.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by bawomolo(m): 4:55pm On Jan 13, 2010
more pictures please
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by BIGLAW2(m): 5:00pm On Jan 13, 2010
guys,i was at the rally live in flesh and blood. the attendance was impressive,at the national assembly, we all sang ole,ole,ole for bankole and did not allow him talk.eventually,he had to leave dejected and frustrated. join the train,similar rallies are planned for newyork and london later
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by ichommy(m): 5:11pm On Jan 13, 2010
Great job for the organizer
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by hollandis(f): 5:20pm On Jan 13, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Any update, guys?

An Abuja high court just gave Jonathan the power to step into the shoes of the president.I am waiting for ole ole Attorney General's reaction

Abuja dey hotttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt oo
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by maxtop(m): 5:24pm On Jan 13, 2010
Its even amazing to see Nigerian Police Force wants to know where there president is too.  grin  grin  grin
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Beaf: 5:30pm On Jan 13, 2010
hollandis:

An Abuja high court just gave Jonathan the power to step into the shoes of the president.I am waiting for ole ole Attorney General's reaction

Abuja dey hotttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt oo

Calm down. It looks very much like another Aondoakaa swindle http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/8456688.stm
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by afemai: 5:44pm On Jan 13, 2010
As much as I disagree with Onwan using diatribes on the personalities of Falana and Soyinka and contributors of Nairaland I am in agreement with him when he wrote about their (Soyinka and Falana) motives. Falana made so much money working for Ribadu as EFCC lawyer at the instance of the then AG federation. Lack of patronage from Aondoakaa hence the hatred for the new AG (while not holding brief for Aondoakaa , Am no fan of ANY public servant in office since Obj to date). Soyinka know how past protests in Nigeria had not given desired results I want to believe that Tpia and I share in the patriotism of Monkeyleg, Gbawe, Londoner, Edoya and others who yearn for a better Nigeria but will agree that having these protests in London, Australia and New York will not change a bit of the ugly Nigeria situation I can only imagine how much of donor agencies’ funds has gone to private pockets, What we need is either a proper electoral reform. We should expend more energy in pushing these electoral reforms that will give us desired leaders those in the civil society know this very well and we have been lobbying for this and results are trickling in gradually (effective election will give desired leaders) only then will we weed out the “comedians” who parade themselves as distinguished and honourable weaklings. If we indeed have a virile national assembly Yar a Dua would have been impeached long ago or we wrestle the leadership through what beaf referred to as a ‘Sovereign National Conference’.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Gaco(f): 6:04pm On Jan 13, 2010
flashgeek:

Under what party would that be? grin grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by nwadinma(f): 6:20pm On Jan 13, 2010
WAS THERE YESTERDAY. BEFORE I LEFT HE HOUSE WITH MY BROTHER, WE WERE AFRAID THE POLICE WILL TRY TO ATTACK THE PROTESTERS WITH TEAR GAS BUT SURPRISINGLY THE PROTECTED US AND SOME EVEN JOINED US.

MY BROTHER AND I ENJOYED IT SHA. THE TREK WAS WORTH IT BUT I DID NOT GET TO SEE SOYINKA AND UTOMI FACE TO FACE.
GLAD I DID THIS SHA.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by ENEONWO(m): 6:53pm On Jan 13, 2010
I really see hope for us Nigerians. Things will turn up when good men sit up for the right cause. To Prof. Wole Soyinka, i say a big thank you. My spirit is with all of you. Thank you good Nigerians. The truimph of the evil over the good is temporal!
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by nich(m): 7:07pm On Jan 13, 2010
all we are saying, give us answers. all we are saying . . . cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Some Pictures Of Delta State- How Long Should We Be Patient?? / Rumoured Death: NLC Denies Calling On Buhari To Address the Nation / Anti-Social Media Bill Re-Introduced By Bala Na’Allah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.