Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,805 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) (13177 Views)

Live PICS Of Protest Going On At IKEDC / More Pictures Of Buhari At The Blair House In The US / Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by monkeyleg: 11:45am On Jan 13, 2010
@ Aisha2, Thanks my sister. It is the least our country asks of us.

@ Otawa, you have a point, but we all have to contribute what we can. some will be protesting in the UK on Friday, and Mr Soyinka and the others promised that yesterday was first of many to come.

We need to make those who lead us accountable and uncomfortable with thier current system of government. Let them know that we have all had enough, but Like I have always said, this is the time to awaken everyone to thier responsibility to Nigeria. You can show your commitment to change in the next election. We need to start a process of getting all involved, like I have always said it is time for all to put our hands together and move Nigeria forward, irrespective of what part you come from. Do your own little bit, please and let us stop picking holes.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by monkeyleg: 11:47am On Jan 13, 2010
@ Londoner, I am not sure if a weekend protest has been planned, someone else has requested that, however the protest will continue till 6pm, so might give you time to join in, even if it is for 10mins, the support will be very much appreciated.

God Bless Nigeria
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by revolt(m): 11:56am On Jan 13, 2010
You people think you can change nigeria through peaceful demonstrations. Jokes
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by ud4u: 12:02pm On Jan 13, 2010
This is right step in the right direction
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by londoner: 12:03pm On Jan 13, 2010
@Monkeyleg, I finish work after 6pm tomoorrow, but when does it start?

@Revolt, by your username you probably support a less peaceful protest. Nigeria is no stranger to violence, that has not worked either, has it?

If you dont think it will work fine, then let the rest of us get on with it, and see where it takes us.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by monkeyleg: 12:13pm On Jan 13, 2010
@ Londoner, I think it starts @ 12 noon, but I will confirm
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by aikuda(m): 12:14pm On Jan 13, 2010
In your face! all those who say Nigerians are cowards. I hope this is sustained. All we need is just that bit of patriotism.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Onwan: 12:16pm On Jan 13, 2010
Failures and idiots trying to get noticed. I wonder what they would do IF they were even made president.

I can see picture freaks like Soyinka, fools like Falana and the rest of them, all in the bid of keeping faces in the "struggle"

If only Nigerians knew the true motives of these bastards and their sponsors, you would understand.

Against what any of you might think, I say to hell with the protest. I am not and will never be in support of this.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by monkeyleg: 12:29pm On Jan 13, 2010
@Onwan,

The truth is that this is a democracy and you are allowed your opinion, something Millions of Nigerians have been denied for so long. What we do is by choice, not finger pointing but by choice. It is very easy to sit and accuse others who make efforts no matter how small of secondary agenda, while we leave our fingers up our "you know what" doing nothing.

God Bless Nigeria
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by SmashingM(f): 12:32pm On Jan 13, 2010
How i wish i am in Abuja. Kudos to my brothers out there, keep it up.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Onwan: 12:46pm On Jan 13, 2010
@ Monkeyleg

Just as your name suggests - It takes a monkey to reason like you are doing right now.

Anyways; Ignorance is bliss
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by edoyad(m): 12:52pm On Jan 13, 2010
This is the democratic culture we've been crying out for for ages. Nigerians just sit down and complain and do nothing which isn't supposed to be the case, if you don't express your gripe how will the outsider know you're resentful of the situation ? Even a spouse has to express their discontent for a marriage to work properly; storing it inside will lead to a situation that cannot be salvaged.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by baslone: 12:55pm On Jan 13, 2010
Onwan:

Against what any of you might think, I say to hell with the protest. I am not and will never be in support of this.

I believe you have better ideas than this
kind of protest. I wouldn't mind if you share your opinion
of a better solution.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by otawa: 1:03pm On Jan 13, 2010
@ Otawa, you have a point, but we all have to contribute what we can. some will be protesting in the UK on Friday, and Mr Soyinka and the others promised that yesterday was first of many to come.

sadly, this will not CHANGE anything!

A protest that will change something must be CONTINUOUS without break.

If they want to change something. Let all of them sit-tight in National Assembly ground ABUJA International Airport for a week.

They eat, sleep, shower on the grounds and see if Yaradua Government would not collapsed within 5days.

Those who cannot protest, can be bring food for those protesting.

It would be monumental, but we LOST another good opportunity to put NIGERIA on right path!
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by jimmysho(m): 1:07pm On Jan 13, 2010
baslone is a lonely chap and his thinking is been processed as fast as his brain can carry so i wont blame him. all the same if there is beta idea. we will appreciate from the lad
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Onwan: 1:10pm On Jan 13, 2010
@Baslone
The key issue here is stability of the country and the effect any percieved instability can cause from the outside world.

If you have anything against Yaradua (Just because he is on a sick leave for less than 2 months) and it so happens that the foreign media blows this out of proportion AND establishes a view that Nigeria is unstable and divided;

1. You risk a military take-over (which you simply do not want)
2. You risk a bully country like the US influencing the UN to bring in "Peace" "Keeping" forces

We need to let the office run itself till he is back. There is a vice-president, there are other people there, let them run it till he is back.

There are countries waiting for opportunities like this to take over other countries. Which single Pakistani wants US forces there?, who in Afghanistan wants them there?, who in Iraq?

Ignorance is bliss
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by londoner: 1:11pm On Jan 13, 2010
People are just looking for a "quick fix", something OTHERS can do for A WEEK or so and then THEY will be HANDED the Nigeria of their dreams, enthasis on DREAMS.

Can we then hear the suggestions of others vof what they believe WILL work?
Monkeyleg, is that 12 noon African time?

@Onwan, this is not  JUST about yaradua or him being sick, it has provided the straw which broke the camels back though. Nigerians are protesting against the government Yaradua or not, were people happy when Yaradua, Obasanjo, babangida etc were well and in office?

People are disillusioned and disatisfied with the government FULL STOP. I saw placards about Obori and also about electoral reform in that rally, doesn't that tell you its not just about Yaradua?
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by CarlosVent(m): 1:12pm On Jan 13, 2010
the placards could have been Yaradua Resign that's all.

the protest is a good one and a welcome development.

Thanks a lot to WOLE SOYINKA the literature man.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Onwan: 1:16pm On Jan 13, 2010
Stu.pid idiots;

Yaradua does not have a goverment - Nigeria does. IF you say "Yaradua's Goverment" "Collapses" - Do you know who's "Goverment" will get in there?

Soyinka and his girlfriend Falana did all that against Abacha and got Obasanjo in, after a while, the two gays started shouting against Obasanjo, and now this

If you are fooled by his white beards or that low-life stingy fake-ass Falana, I am not. They know why they are in on the whole thing. Do you?
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by jimmysho(m): 1:16pm On Jan 13, 2010
as the men go back the big big ones are on the way. o mean mother of all rally. the protesters are also playin safe by not sayin resign. they want some of the yaradua boys to join the rally first b4 unfolding the real intent
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by monkeyleg: 1:17pm On Jan 13, 2010
@Onwan,

My broda no vex. I have tried to stay away from insults and finger pointing, cos I doubt we will achieve anything with that. Like I said, we are in a democracy so you are entitled to your opinion even if I dont like it. By the way did you attend the march, did you plan the march, did you contact the organisers of the march? if your answers to these questions are no, then if you cant put up shut up. Be part of change dont sit down like we ahev all done for so long and point fingers are those who are at least making an effort, no matter much you may disagree with thier plans. Go there are contribute you own, rather than sit here and cus people.

For me this represents change, no matter how small, a long journey starts with small steps.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by jimmysho(m): 1:19pm On Jan 13, 2010
@onwan, do u want to grow old? if ur claim abt soyinka or falana is true. can bakare and thousands of nigerians at the rally too daft as claimed?
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by jimmysho(m): 1:21pm On Jan 13, 2010
For me this represents change, no matter how small, a long journey starts with small steps.

i concur
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Onwan: 1:22pm On Jan 13, 2010
Yeah, I see the real intent - Just like Abiola's time  grin grin

The murderfucker is busy rotting away and all his "supporters" are doing now is to be impregnating his wives  grin grin

I love this country
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by baslone: 1:24pm On Jan 13, 2010
jimmysho:

baslone is a lonely chap and his thinking is been processed as fast as his brain can carry so i wont blame him.

shocked  shocked  shocked

. . .because I asked of the opinion of someone who doesn't believe in the rally

Too bad my guy!! lipsrsealed
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Onwan: 1:28pm On Jan 13, 2010
And who the mess is Bakare and what was he doing there? Nursing a political ambition or preaching Aso-Rock kingdom??

I told you already, we seen shit like this during Abiola's time and all these stupid murderfuckers are doing now is rolling up on his money-mongering wives
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by jimmysho(m): 1:29pm On Jan 13, 2010
baslone, sorry. i apology whole heartedly. i wanted to type ONWAN
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by baslone: 1:31pm On Jan 13, 2010
kiss grin wink ACCEPTED
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by jimmysho(m): 1:32pm On Jan 13, 2010
@ onwan, mute is the response for ur and i dont need to go all the way to educate u any longer. ve enter a no response mode to ur posts
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by ajalio(f): 1:35pm On Jan 13, 2010
This reminds me of the Monday demonstrations of Leipzig / Germany more than 20 years ago when the people of the GDR rebelled against the regime and the Soviet embrace and went out into the streets for his freedom and human rights, in spite of the possible consequences.
At the end it reached the reunion of Germany after more than 40 years of separation.

How the history has taught us several times, everything is accessible if only the people stand together unanimously and fight together for their ideals. I wish from the bottom of my soul that the people in Nigeria recognise this, overcome their religious and ethnic conflicts and fight closed, side by side, for better Nigeria.
I know that this won't be easy, because it means tolerance, trust, forbearance, unselfishness, to forgive and to forget what was once.
However, are not this exactly the manners which put out a good Christian or good Muslim? Aren't exactly these qualities which are preached by the priests, pastors and imams day daily in the churches and mosques? Is there a bigger common denominator? Certainly not. Is Nigeria's future, the future of your children, not worth these efforts?

I also wish that the Nigerian government and her executive organs, react with the same sensitivity, the same instinct, as the Soviets and the governing of the GDR did it at that time. And that they recognise the fact that their time have run out and make the way free for a new beginning without protest.

But maybe I wish too much? I hope not.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by edoyad(m): 1:40pm On Jan 13, 2010
The protests were a success and i'm glad, now It's onto the international scene.
Like i said yesterday, amongst every 12 of us there's bound to be atleast one Judas. That should not deter us from what we intend to achieve. Afterall, people who supported Abacha's intended transition to civilian rule are in power today, so how do we expect some of those elements not to be in our midst ? The important thing is for us not let them blur our vision or lose focus.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by edoyad(m): 1:47pm On Jan 13, 2010
@ajali the German freelance, where have you been all this while ? I'm sure you can see that we're getting ourselves mobilised and taking matters into our hands.
What happened to that article you were writing for the German magazine, have you written it yet ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

No Apologies For Endorsing Fayemi - Tinubu / Court Slams N5 Million Fine On EFCC For Violation Of Right / Tinubu: Sheikh Khalifa, Great Reformer, Visionary Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.