Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,505 members, 7,819,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) (13179 Views)

Live PICS Of Protest Going On At IKEDC / More Pictures Of Buhari At The Blair House In The US / Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by twinskenny(m): 9:30pm On Jan 12, 2010
Can someone help tell seun to put this on the front page?? please very important
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 12, 2010
N.I.Gboi:

hope this will yield fruits. it is high time Nigerians stand up and reclaim this country for good!

Fhemmmy:

I love this, this shows that Nigeria will be better soon

you
are here on the thread  dreaming your own dream of a reclaimed better Nigeria.

Others on this same thread are dreaming their own dream of a Nigeria dissolved into its components parts.

Make una sit each other down and agree on a single point agenda nah.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by edoyad(m): 9:31pm On Jan 12, 2010
@Gbawe, monkeytail and proudlynaija, that statement from me is supposed to be a motivation and not the other way round. You wont find a more staunch supporter of this action than myself, but i wont also forget that amongst 12 disciples there's always one Judas. I personally am banking on the protests abroad to make more headlines and attract more attention that's why i'm asking and am keen for it to be a success.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Gbawe: 9:32pm On Jan 12, 2010
Fhemmmy:

[b]This is the best thing out of Nigeria in a long time.[/b]I so much wish i was there to see this live. cry

God bless. Na so some o us see am too but some will always be stuck comparing size of equipment/effort rather than recognizing the pivotal importance of the occasion. Successful rallies across Nigeria and in the West wil be a shot in the arm of Nigerians who have been oppressed for far too long. We all agree that challenging misrule is something we must do more of in Nigeria . It is happening now and every good Nigerian should support events so that this becomes the norm rather than an action we deploy as a last resort.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 12, 2010
Gbawe:

God bless. Na so some o us see am too but some will always be stuck comparing size of equipment/effort rather than recognizing the pivotal importance of the occasion. Successful rallies across Nigeria and in the West wil be a shot in the arm of Nigerians who have been oppressed for far too long. We all agree that challenging misrule is something we must do more of in Nigeria . It is happening now and every good Nigerian should support events so that this becomes the norm rather than an action we deploy as a last resort.

you've never seen rally before?

Since you're a good Nigerian, you should be there instead on typing on the web.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Uche2nna(m): 9:38pm On Jan 12, 2010
tpia.:

LOL

Tpia, I do enjoy ur sarcasm most times.

But cant u shed that toga for a min and be serious for once. grin
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Gbawe: 9:42pm On Jan 12, 2010
tpia.:

you
are here on the thread  dreaming your own dream of a reclaimed better Nigeria.

Others on this same thread are dreaming their own dream of a Nigeria dissolved into its components parts.

Make una sit each other down and agree on a single point agenda nah.

It is pointless putting the Horse before the Cart. A genuine sovereign national conference , unlike the self-serving one convened by OBJ, may happen under democratically elected representatives of Nigeria.  At such a conference, Nigerians can discuss openly the direction they want to head in. While 'gatekeepers' of the cabals like Yar Adua continue to hold sway , you can be rest assured that no one , except the members of the cable , will be happy . Those who want a "reclaimed better Nigeria" will be miserable same as those who "dream of a Nigeria dissolved into its components parts". Positive things happen under positive people. For that reason we should concentrate on getting out the 'gatekeepers' and bringing in positive people who may midwife the changes we want for te emergence of a more equitable Nigeria.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by proudly9ja(m): 9:45pm On Jan 12, 2010
edoyad:

@Gbawe, monkeytail and proudlynaija, that statement from me is supposed to be a motivation and not the other way round. You wont find a more staunch supporter of this action than myself, but i wont also forget that amongst 12 disciples there's always one Judas. I personally am banking on the protests abroad to make more headlines and attract more attention that's why i'm asking and am keen for it to be a success.

seen
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Fhemmmy: 9:46pm On Jan 12, 2010
Changes has to start from somewhere, where it will lead is what we all dont know yet.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Choco9: 9:48pm On Jan 12, 2010
Yes Im proud to say I was there. Shall I describe the atmosphere?
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Gbawe: 9:53pm On Jan 12, 2010
tpia.:

The way some of you don't read threads completely before commenting betray your agenda of belligerence. I have already confirmed I am UK based and will be attending the UK version of the ABuja protest on Friday !!!!!

http://nigerialibertyforum.org.uk/

You must have missed this also :

I have been to a few pro-Naija rallies in the UK and when you see the 'virgins' you tend to know them . An encouraging smile and a kind word soon helps them to feel at ease in confimation that they have made the right choice. In my experience , most pro-Naija activist are internet warriors" making the switch to real activism. Those who genuinely want Nigeria to improve will realise that all effort is welcomed . Wether you be internet Rambo or you dey throw egg for OBJ face , its all good  

In conclusion , please feel free to say what you want . We don't get medals for attending protests for a better Nigeria and we are not condemned to hellfire as worthless Nigerians either because we are on the internet rather than at a rally in Nigeria . Those genuinely involved with activism welcome the participation of everyone. They don't sit in judgement of anyone.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Gbawe: 9:57pm On Jan 12, 2010
Choco9:

Yes Im proud to say I was there. Shall I describe the atmosphere?

Of course we know you were there, Mr Aondoakaa. You were there trying to stop the rally. Thank god the police , for once , ignored your order to "fire at will !!!!" grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jan 12, 2010
@ gbawe

^^since the matter bothers you so much, and you're so excited like someone who just won the lottery, nothing prevents you from flying out to Nigeria and joining in the protests.

No be una talk say this is only the beginning? So there's still time for the diasporans to join in. Make una buy ticket and go there.

after all, wasnt someone threatening to drop his Nigerian nationality, on this same NL, because he said not enough people showed up at a rally in Nigeria?

This is your chance to demonstrate your love for the fellow.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 12, 2010
Uche2nna:

LOL

Tpia, I do enjoy your sarcasm most times.

But cant u shed that toga for a min and be serious for once. grin

If you're also a good Nigerian, then instead of typing on NL, you should be at the rally.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Remii(m): 10:02pm On Jan 12, 2010
tpia.:

If you're also a good Nigerian, then instead of typing on NL, you should be at the rally.

true talk
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by monkeyleg: 10:02pm On Jan 12, 2010
well said Gbawe.

Please let us not use this topic to fight, we all agree on a prgressive Nigeria, not one which has been forth with do-nothing. Let us all act for a better tomorrow if not for us, for our kids.

Some of us, our parents spoke, but spoke to quitely, others didnt speak at all, that is why I am resigned to the fact that the good in Nigeria may never come my way, but I should not deprive my children by not speaking the truth. I have been silent for far too long, and god knows I love Nigeria  with all my heart. So we speak today for a better Nigeria, no matter where you are, no matter what support you give, it is time for Nigerians to feel they are part of a country.

God Bless Nigeria
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Gbawe: 10:08pm On Jan 12, 2010
tpia.:

@ gbawe

^^since the matter bothers you so much, and you're so excited like someone who just won the lottery, nothing prevents you from flying out to Nigeria and joining in the protests.

No be una talk say this is only the beginning? So there's still time for the diasporans to join in. Make una buy ticket and go there.

after all, wasnt someone threatening to drop his Nigerian nationality, on this same NL, because he said not enough people showed up at a rally in Nigeria?

This is your chance to demonstrate your love for the fellow.

Have you read what I have written? I am attending th UK rally. It is about doing what you can , wherever you are and not plane-hopping around the world to display that you are doing more than others . The reason the rallies are being held at various venues is so that  Nigerians can attend the rally closest to them that they can conveniently get to. The snowball effect will be more effective !!!!

In any case I am not a Nigerian Senator. Abeg I no get the money to dey buy £900 ticket at the drop of a hat. If you can giveme the money I will gladly accept it .
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by kidonig: 10:09pm On Jan 12, 2010
How many northerners participated in this rally? It looked more like a western thing. When will everyone in Nigeria have the same voice for once?
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jan 12, 2010
monkeyleg:

well said Gbawe.

Please let us not use this topic to fight, we all agree on a prgressive Nigeria, not one which has been forth with do-nothing. Let us all act for a better tomorrow if not for us, for our kids.

Some of us, our parents spoke, but spoke to quitely, others didnt speak at all, that is why I am resigned to the fact that the good in Nigeria may never come my way, but I should not deprive my children by not speaking the truth. I have been silent for far too long, and god knows I love Nigeria  with all my heart. So we speak today for a better Nigeria, no matter where you are, no matter what support you give, it is time for Nigerians to feel they are part of a country.

God Bless Nigeria

well, like I pointed out before, you people need to sit yourselves down and agree on one agenda.

Some of you say you want a better Nigeria. Some of you say you want no Nigeria.

All of you are shouting in support of the rallies.

Do I smell confusion or just plain naivete, to put it very mildly.

You say God bless Nigeria. Others say God damn Nigeria.

which one go win?
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by H2O2: 10:14pm On Jan 12, 2010
Great pictures. It's good to see fellow concerned citizens swarm the venue.
Glad it didn't turn into a bloody chaos.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 12, 2010
Gbawe:

Have you read what I have written? I am attending th UK rally. It is about doing what you can , wherever you are and not plane-hopping around the world to display that you are doing more than others . The reason the rallies are being held at various venues is so that  Nigerians can attend the rally closest to them that they can conveniently get to. The snowball effect will be more effective !!!!

In any case I am not a Nigerian Senator. Abeg I no get the money to dey buy £900 ticket at the drop of a hat. If you can giveme the money I will gladly accept it .

I'm sure you can find the money for a cause close to your heart. Or ask someone who shares your zeal to donate a ticket.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by twinskenny(m): 10:25pm On Jan 12, 2010
well said
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Gbawe: 10:27pm On Jan 12, 2010
tpia.:

I'm sure you can find the money for a cause close to your heart. Or ask someone who shares your zeal to donate a ticket.

You seem like a nice person. Why not be my sponsor? In return I promise to attend every rally - home and abroad . I will even 'dropkick' Aondoakaa (before dem beat me into a coma anyway) to show my appreciation and staunch dedication to the cause . grin
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 12, 2010
Am so proud of the Nigerian Police, they led us and protected and even joined us in shouting enough is enough
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 12, 2010
aisha2:

Am so proud of the Nigerian Police, they led us and protected and even joined us in shouting enough is enough

hope that will buy them some goodwill from Nairalanders.

Gbawe:

You seem like a nice person. Why not be my sponsor? In return I promise to attend every rally - home and abroad . I will even 'dropkick' Aondoakaa (before dem beat me into a coma anyway) to show my appreciation and staunch dedication to the cause . grin

am I shouting like you? So why should I be your sponsor?

Plenty of the Nlers in support of the protests are rich- you can ask one of them to contribute to the cause and get you a ticket.

I'm broke so no show for my side. I've got to get to my security guard job anyway. After that my other shift at the burger flipping joint. I've got to make ends meet somehow.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by sjeezy8: 10:37pm On Jan 12, 2010
aisha2:

shocked shocked The police ke?
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by presido1: 10:41pm On Jan 12, 2010
Is this a pirate confraternity demo or demo for the libration of Nigeria from the criminal cabal? Soyinka and his men with red barate all over. They should not fraternise the demo as it will not help matters.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by twinskenny(m): 10:42pm On Jan 12, 2010
really the police>>??
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by r231(m): 10:44pm On Jan 12, 2010
Thumbs up guys. At last my people seem to have woken up from their slumber. A question though: is this protest going to continue or is it going to be a one time thing. I don't think anything will come out of it if we do not sustain the protest and possibly extend it to other cities, until the cabals have no place to hide.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Gbawe: 10:44pm On Jan 12, 2010
sjeezy8:

Yes OOOOO . Apparently , Tinubu dey settle 'awon boys' better than Yardy. When Yardy disburses the 'egunje' Aondoakaa diverts it to his own offshore account. Sadly Mr. President is too ill to notice. Awon boys in the NPF come vex go meet Tinubu. The rest is history.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by twinskenny(m): 10:46pm On Jan 12, 2010
@gbawe dats funny grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 12, 2010
sjeezy8:

The Police led the delegation, protected us from The pro Yardua group who planned to cause trouble, some also joined in the protest, They kept shouting enough is enough with us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Oshiomole Ordered The Arrest Of A Retired General Live On TV / Lekki-Bridge Tolling Stirs ‘Cyber-War’ On Nairaland - Punch / President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.