Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,592 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

IPOB Begs Urhobos/Isokos To Observe May 30th Sit At Home Biafran Day - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Begs Urhobos/Isokos To Observe May 30th Sit At Home Biafran Day (46663 Views)

May 30th Sit-At-Home: We Will Treat IPOB As Terrorist - Police Warn / "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege / May 30th Sit-at-home Order Not Negotiable – IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IPOB Begs Urhobos/Isokos To Observe May 30th Sit At Home Biafran Day by vayne(m): 9:20pm On May 27, 2017
Afam4eva:

Nobody is saying you insulted anyone. What i'm saying is that there's no need of you to say IPOB said this and that when you can confirm that it's one person's opinion. IPOB is made up of human beings who despite the fact that they have one target reason differently. I've told you about how different people draw the Biafran map but you won't have none of it. There's no such thing as an official IPOB group.
He agreed with the "official source" today because he saw something he likes!
Those people are just bunch of ....

8 Likes

Re: IPOB Begs Urhobos/Isokos To Observe May 30th Sit At Home Biafran Day by amuwo1980: 9:21pm On May 27, 2017
fratermathy:
I came across this laughable plea from IPOB online and as an Urhobo, I found it laughable and delusional. I'll express my sentiments under the post.

My issues with this delusional plea include:

1. The writer couldn't even spell Urhobo well. What he spelt was Uhrobo, not Urhobo. I have met several Igbos lash on others who dared to omit the "g" in Igbo and spelt as Ibo. The fact that someone or a group that supposedly means us well do not even know how to spell the name of our ethnicity is definitely laughable.

2. Urhobos/Isokos HAVE NEVER been a part of Biafra at any point. In 1967, Urhobo/Isokoland was in Nigeria's Mid-West State (previously in the Western Region) and anyone who knows the history of the war well enough knows that the Mid-West was never part of Ojukwu's short-lived Biafra. In fact, the Biafran troops massacred a lot of Mid-Westerners, including Urhobo/Isokos, when they invaded Benin (only Igbos were spared).

3. In the current resurgence for Biafra, Urhobo/Isokos have always maintained their stand. Our apex socio-cultural unions, UPU and IDU, have stated emphatically that we do not want Biafra. We are not Biafrans. We do not want to be Biafrans! This cannot be overemphasised. Apart from our apex groups, many of us have rejected the Biafran cause in the numerous Urhobo-Isoko groups on the social media.

4. Urhobo/Isokos have never been sympathetic to the Igbo cause in any way. In fact, quite the opposite, we have maintained our independence and tilted more towards the West. The average Urhobo man is more at home with a Yoruba than with an Igbo. This doesn't mean we hate Igbos but we simply have more sympathy with our Edoid/Yoruboid kins. This explains the presence of many itinerant and settler Urhobos in Yorubaland, as opposed to Igboland where Urhobo/Isokos hardly venture to. How then can we share a country with people we have no historical, political or cultural ties with? Any Urhobo/Isoko that may be sympathetic to the Biafran cause does so at the personal level and represents his own interest. The voice of Urhobo/Isoko collective interest has been made known already.

5. Urhobos WILL NOT sit at home and do nothing because IPOB asked us to or because Igbos are doing so. It will NEVER happen, today or anytime soon. Such a plea is useless and antithetical to the Biafran cause. Biafrans should aim for an Igboid country and leave Edoid/Yoruboid groups out of it. Urhobo/Isoko is Edoid. Itsekiri is Yoruboid. Even the Western Ijaws which have always been with us tilt more towards the West than anywhere else. How can you want so many dissimilar groups in your "utopia"? Won't it amount to creating another Nigeria when you "drag" uninterested groups to your cause?

I need not tell the writer, IPOB and any Igbo who cares to hear what the answer to this plea would be. The response is not farfetched. Ihwo r'Urhobo guoni Biafra a! Urhobo people are not Biafrans! We may be fed up with Nigeria but we can never leave the devil for the deep blue sea. Igbo is a majority ethnic group in Nigeria and as such contributes to the plights faced by minorities such as Urhobo/Isoko. The Igbo should not absolve itself from the "parasite" status! As far as minorities are concerned, all majority ethnic groups are a threat. Some are much more than some. In this case, Igbos have never done anything for Urhobo/Isokos to trust its motives. IPOB should stop adding us to its agenda or else it'll attract more insults to itself and the Igbo ethnicity. A word is enough for the wise!

Ihwo r'Urhobo v'Isoko, ke mavor owa mlo ota na vwa? Oshe phiyor? Biko vwa me ji tota kparemu me tare na!
who cares what u think or do, the train have left the station

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Begs Urhobos/Isokos To Observe May 30th Sit At Home Biafran Day by BabaRamota1980: 9:22pm On May 27, 2017
Isoko speaking part of Biafra...

Aah, mttcheww, baba lo ma pa yonminri!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Begs Urhobos/Isokos To Observe May 30th Sit At Home Biafran Day by fratermathy(m): 9:24pm On May 27, 2017
vayne:

It clearly stated by "Sunday Okafor",how does that translate to ipob?

1. Okafor is NOT an Urhobo/Isoko name
2. The Biafra Herald has always maintained that it is a mouthpiece for IPOB (check its info very well).

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Begs Urhobos/Isokos To Observe May 30th Sit At Home Biafran Day by fratermathy(m): 9:25pm On May 27, 2017
vayne:

He agreed with the "official source" today because he saw something he likes!
Those people are just bunch of ....

I have never agreed with whatever The Biafra Herald has written. It is a pro-Biafra medium and I am absolutely 100% against a Biafra where Urhobos are included under any guise.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IPOB Begs Urhobos/Isokos To Observe May 30th Sit At Home Biafran Day by vayne(m): 9:25pm On May 27, 2017
fratermathy:

2. The Biafra Herald has always maintained that it is a mouthpiece for IPOB (check its info very well).
Ipob has a spokesman,biafraherald is a news blog!
Bye

7 Likes

Re: IPOB Begs Urhobos/Isokos To Observe May 30th Sit At Home Biafran Day by vayne(m): 9:27pm On May 27, 2017
fratermathy:

I have never agreed with whatever The Biafra Herald has written. It is a pro-Biafra medium and I am absolutely 100% against a Biafra where Urhobos are included under any guise.
Let a referendum decide or Speak for yourself,you are not the spokesman for the urhobos!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Begs Urhobos/Isokos To Observe May 30th Sit At Home Biafran Day by KidsNEXTdoor: 9:28pm On May 27, 2017
fratermathy:

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Begs Urhobos/Isokos To Observe May 30th Sit At Home Biafran Day by technicallyrich(m): 9:31pm On May 27, 2017
But my delta friends and even benue have always told me that they are biafrans.anyway when that time come we would see where they stand but Asaba and ijaw is sure.
But if I was them I will rather go with biafra than choose to be living with cowards except they have the intentions of making yorubas their slave.which is good if you ask me.
I am an ijaw man and I am a biafran.

11 Likes

Re: IPOB Begs Urhobos/Isokos To Observe May 30th Sit At Home Biafran Day by Adiola(f): 9:31pm On May 27, 2017
fratermathy:

I guess, it was "afonjas" that hacked BiafranHerald website and posted this:

http://www.thebiafraherald.co/2017/05/appeal-to-isokouhrobo-to-observe.html
believe this guy is an urhobo man at your own peril .....islamic afonja

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Begs Urhobos/Isokos To Observe May 30th Sit At Home Biafran Day by HisSexcellency(m): 9:33pm On May 27, 2017
fratermathy:
I came across this laughable plea from IPOB online and as an Urhobo, I found it laughable and delusional. I'll express my sentiments under the post.

My issues with this delusional plea include:

1. The writer couldn't even spell Urhobo well. What he spelt was Uhrobo, not Urhobo. I have met several Igbos lash on others who dared to omit the "g" in Igbo and spelt as Ibo. The fact that someone or a group that supposedly means us well do not even know how to spell the name of our ethnicity is definitely laughable.

2. Urhobos/Isokos HAVE NEVER been a part of Biafra at any point. In 1967, Urhobo/Isokoland was in Nigeria's Mid-West State (previously in the Western Region) and anyone who knows the history of the war well enough knows that the Mid-West was never part of Ojukwu's short-lived Biafra. In fact, the Biafran troops massacred a lot of Mid-Westerners, including Urhobo/Isokos, when they invaded Benin (only Igbos were spared).

3. In the current resurgence for Biafra, Urhobo/Isokos have always maintained their stand. Our apex socio-cultural unions, UPU and IDU, have stated emphatically that we do not want Biafra. We are not Biafrans. We do not want to be Biafrans! This cannot be overemphasised. Apart from our apex groups, many of us have rejected the Biafran cause in the numerous Urhobo-Isoko groups on the social media.

4. Urhobo/Isokos have never been sympathetic to the Igbo cause in any way. In fact, quite the opposite, we have maintained our independence and tilted more towards the West. The average Urhobo man is more at home with a Yoruba than with an Igbo. This doesn't mean we hate Igbos but we simply have more sympathy with our Edoid/Yoruboid kins. This explains the presence of many itinerant and settler Urhobos in Yorubaland, as opposed to Igboland where Urhobo/Isokos hardly venture to. How then can we share a country with people we have no historical, political or cultural ties with? Any Urhobo/Isoko that may be sympathetic to the Biafran cause does so at the personal level and represents his own interest. The voice of Urhobo/Isoko collective interest has been made known already.

5. Urhobos WILL NOT sit at home and do nothing because IPOB asked us to or because Igbos are doing so. It will NEVER happen, today or anytime soon. Such a plea is useless and antithetical to the Biafran cause. Biafrans should aim for an Igboid country and leave Edoid/Yoruboid groups out of it. Urhobo/Isoko is Edoid. Itsekiri is Yoruboid. Even the Western Ijaws which have always been with us tilt more towards the West than anywhere else. How can you want so many dissimilar groups in your "utopia"? Won't it amount to creating another Nigeria when you "drag" uninterested groups to your cause?

I need not tell the writer, IPOB and any Igbo who cares to hear what the answer to this plea would be. The response is not farfetched. Ihwo r'Urhobo guoni Biafra a! Urhobo people are not Biafrans! We may be fed up with Nigeria but we can never leave the devil for the deep blue sea. Igbo is a majority ethnic group in Nigeria and as such contributes to the plights faced by minorities such as Urhobo/Isoko. The Igbo should not absolve itself from the "parasite" status! As far as minorities are concerned, all majority ethnic groups are a threat. Some are much more than some. In this case, Igbos have never done anything for Urhobo/Isokos to trust its motives. IPOB should stop adding us to its agenda or else it'll attract more insults to itself and the Igbo ethnicity. A word is enough for the wise!

Ihwo r'Urhobo v'Isoko, ke mavor owa mlo ota na vwa? Oshe phiyor? Biko vwa me ji tota kparemu me tare na!
So someone just sits in the comfort of his house writes a long epistle of rubbish and tags it to Ipob.
I took the time to go through the whole nonsense and never came across Nnamdi kanu's name or anyone of is recognized members giving the plea

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Begs Urhobos/Isokos To Observe May 30th Sit At Home Biafran Day by ProWalker: 9:34pm On May 27, 2017
vayne:

Let a referendum decide or Speak for yourself,you are not the spokesman for the urhobos!

Did Urhobo people ask for referendum? Igbo are the ones asking for referendum whether they should stay or leave Nigeria
Stop roping in minorities into your agenda because of oil and sea! Learn from Ojukwu misadventures

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: IPOB Begs Urhobos/Isokos To Observe May 30th Sit At Home Biafran Day by LukmonSodiq(m): 9:35pm On May 27, 2017
fratermathy:
Whatever makes you sleep at night man.

This post was written with clear intents:
1. To correct the wrong spelling of Urhobo as Uhrobo
2. To remind IPOB that Urhobo/Isoko was never part of Biafra
3. To call bluffs on the supposed "plea", as comments on this thread will rightly show
Mathias, Mathias, Mathias!!!

How many times did I call you? Stop making a mountain out of a molehill. A semi-literate reporter mis-spelt Urhobo and you've decided to make an issue out of that You can't be so petty? Dude free yourself and your mind. Quit with the hate and bitterness. The world is moving on...

Personally I do not want Urhobo anywhere close to Biafra. Stop attaching so much importance to yourself and your Urhobo nation. 95% of the average Johnny in Igboland cannot tell the difference between Urhobo and Ijaw. Nobody really cares. Stop creating the unnecessary impression that the Urhobo nation is antagonistic towards the Igbo. My best friend is Urhobo and he's not anything like you.

7 Likes

Re: IPOB Begs Urhobos/Isokos To Observe May 30th Sit At Home Biafran Day by vayne(m): 9:36pm On May 27, 2017
ProWalker:

Did Urhobo people ask for referendum? Igbo are the ones asking for referendum whether they should stay or leave Nigeria
When the time is right,we will all know if they need it or not,until then,no one should act as a spokesman for them or any group unless appointed!

1 Like

Re: IPOB Begs Urhobos/Isokos To Observe May 30th Sit At Home Biafran Day by Nicho118(m): 9:37pm On May 27, 2017
wetin concern us with Biafra

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IPOB Begs Urhobos/Isokos To Observe May 30th Sit At Home Biafran Day by victorDanladi: 9:38pm On May 27, 2017
OkoNDOoBo:
we know from onset that all these unity begging Igbos re attach by force.
because of oyel, delta and Edo states was never under eastern region so why disturbing them

I tire oooo.

Na their greediness cause am.Both fathers of Edo states and Delta states benefited from Awolowo free education.
It is hight time Edo and Delta resist the Igbo greediness!!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Begs Urhobos/Isokos To Observe May 30th Sit At Home Biafran Day by ProWalker: 9:38pm On May 27, 2017
vayne:

When the time is right,we will all know if they need it or not,until then,no one should act as a spokesman for them or any group unless appointed!

Exactly! Igbo should restrict their secessionist agenda to those that clearly identify with them

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Begs Urhobos/Isokos To Observe May 30th Sit At Home Biafran Day by vayne(m): 9:40pm On May 27, 2017
ProWalker:

Exactly! Igbo should restrict their secessionist agenda to those that clearly identify with them
A referendum decides who identifies and who doesn't,why so scared if you have nothing to loose!

4 Likes

Re: IPOB Begs Urhobos/Isokos To Observe May 30th Sit At Home Biafran Day by victorDanladi: 9:41pm On May 27, 2017
LukmonSodiq:

How many times did I call you? Stop making a mountain out of a molehill. A semi-literate reporter mis-spelt Urhobo and you've decided to make an issue out of that You can't be so petty? Dude free yourself and your mind. Quit with the hate and bitterness. The world is moving on...

Personally I do not want Urhobo anywhere close to Biafra. Stop attaching so much importance to yourself and your Urhobo nation. 95% of the average Johnny in Igboland cannot tell the difference between Urhobo and Ijaw. Nobody really cares. Stop creating the unnecessary impression that the Urhobo nation is antagonistic towards the Igbo. My best friend is Urhobo and he's not anything like you.
....you better forget about nairaland tribal bashing.

I have Igbo friends that are not greedy proud and arrogants and even dislike biafra

I have fellow yoruba friends that are not hypocrites and cowards

and I have many hausa/fulani friends that are brilliant,creative,non violent and are not religiously and politically partisan.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Begs Urhobos/Isokos To Observe May 30th Sit At Home Biafran Day by fratermathy(m): 9:53pm On May 27, 2017
vayne:

We have had our referendum via Urhobo Progress Union. Before stands on issues such as this are taken, there is a democratic process involved. I am party to that process and the Urhobo voice is final.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IPOB Begs Urhobos/Isokos To Observe May 30th Sit At Home Biafran Day by fratermathy(m): 9:55pm On May 27, 2017
LukmonSodiq:

My girlfriend is Igbo and she is nothing like the ones I see online.

I am not creating any impression. I am only clarifying notions; such as those propagated by IPOB youths online concerning my people.

Stop mentioning my name as if you are my father angry angry angry. Don't think because I have used this account for writeups where my name was inputted means I am clueless~! I could have a thousand anonymous accounts and wrecked havoc if I wanted to.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Begs Urhobos/Isokos To Observe May 30th Sit At Home Biafran Day by vayne(m): 9:55pm On May 27, 2017
fratermathy:

We have had our referendum via Urhobo Progress Union. Before stands on issues such as this are taken, there is a democratic process involved. I am party to that process and the Urhobo voice is final.
and you are?
This internet sef.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Begs Urhobos/Isokos To Observe May 30th Sit At Home Biafran Day by fratermathy(m): 9:56pm On May 27, 2017
vayne:

and you are?
This internet sef.

I am an Urhobo! That is all I need to be.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IPOB Begs Urhobos/Isokos To Observe May 30th Sit At Home Biafran Day by fratermathy(m): 9:57pm On May 27, 2017
vayne:

and you are?
This internet sef.

Look at UPU (Urhobo Official Mouthpiece) stand's on Biafra:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/urhobo-denounces-inclusion-in-map-of-biafra/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Begs Urhobos/Isokos To Observe May 30th Sit At Home Biafran Day by fratermathy(m): 10:02pm On May 27, 2017
Nicho118:
wetin concern us with Biafra

Oniovo I tire o. I just needed to state this fact clearly!! Many of them are still under the illusion that we are all Biafrans. You need to see the comments one made on Facebook when he shared this post. The impression he tried to create was very bad. When posts like this are made, it clears the air for the sake of the future.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IPOB Begs Urhobos/Isokos To Observe May 30th Sit At Home Biafran Day by Nicho118(m): 10:02pm On May 27, 2017
Ika and Ukwuani people won't even observe this Biafra day not to talk about the Urhobos

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Begs Urhobos/Isokos To Observe May 30th Sit At Home Biafran Day by vayne(m): 10:04pm On May 27, 2017
fratermathy:

I am an Urhobo! That is all I need to be.
stop decieving yourself on the internet,there are always factions in every group who hold a different view,even in igboland.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Begs Urhobos/Isokos To Observe May 30th Sit At Home Biafran Day by ProWalker: 10:08pm On May 27, 2017
vayne:

A referendum decides who identifies and who doesn't,why so scared if you have nothing to loose!

It's lose and not loose in this context, you need better education more than you need Biafra !!
You don't force referendum on people!!! Only ipob is asking for a referendum and not Urhobo progressive union, Isoko Union or the Itshekiri council.
Why are you people behaving as if you can't do this alone without roping others ?

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: IPOB Begs Urhobos/Isokos To Observe May 30th Sit At Home Biafran Day by vayne(m): 10:15pm On May 27, 2017
ProWalker:

It's lose and not loose in this context !!
You don't force referendum on poeople!!! Only ipob is asking for a referendum and not Urhobo progressive union, Isoko Union or the Itshekiri council.
Why are you people behaving as if you can't do this alone without roping others ?
you are the one feeling insecure,we have people who share our views,and they are the ones we will work with.most times the leaders and union who speak for us are because they benefit from the status quo!
So don't go about feeling all important because some useless union took a stand for your future.
If there is any presence of b1afra in your land,30th may will tell,not the internet!

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Begs Urhobos/Isokos To Observe May 30th Sit At Home Biafran Day by Efewestern: 10:18pm On May 27, 2017
fratermathy:

Oniovo I tire o. I just needed to state this fact clearly!! Many of them are still under the illusion that we are all Biafrans. You need to see the comments one made on Facebook when he shared this post. The impression he tried to create was very bad. When posts like this are made, it clears the air for the sake of the future.

sometimes silence is golden, most of us are seeing there rant online, we choose to ignore them.. If they like they should believe anything they want, it's none of our biz, we know our people, and what we want, we won't be bullied into believing what another greedy people need. We ain't coward.

Yangiawo oniovo, wo knio re'?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Begs Urhobos/Isokos To Observe May 30th Sit At Home Biafran Day by ProWalker: 10:20pm On May 27, 2017
vayne:

you are the one feeling insecure,we have people who share our views,and they are the ones we will work with.most times the leaders and union who speak for us are because they benefit from the status quo!
So don't go about feeling all important because some useless union took a stand for your future.
If there is any presence of b1afra in your land,30th may will tell,not the internet!

Lmao, you ipob are the most delusional specie of human that ever walk the earth! Jezzzz! See reasoning like a road.
30th is few days away, we await how you will force people outside your 5 red mud states to stay indoors for some long forgotten dead people
What is difficult for ipob to fight for secession alone? Why involving other tribes that have nothing to do with Igbos

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IPOB Begs Urhobos/Isokos To Observe May 30th Sit At Home Biafran Day by fratermathy(m): 10:22pm On May 27, 2017
vayne:

Better make sure Radio Biafra or Biafra TV comes to Warri, Abraka, Sapele, Ughelli or any other Urhobo/Isoko town or village on that day grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. Have you ever wondered why IPOB has NEVER protested in these locations?

16 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply)

Don't Contest 2015 Election- Prophet Warns Jonathan / Tension In Military As Buhari Demands Records Of Weapons Procurement / Police Arrest IPOB Members Who Attacked Ekweremadu In Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.