Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,822 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

This Is How The Federal Government Can Stop Nnamdi Kanu Before It's Too Late - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is How The Federal Government Can Stop Nnamdi Kanu Before It's Too Late (37593 Views)

Popular Israeli Prophet Reveals What Will Happen To Nnamdi Kanu Before December / "You Can't Stop Nnamdi Kanu From Holding A Rally In Lagos" - FFK / The Lion Of The East By Femi Fani-Kayode: Nothing & No One Can Stop Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is How The Federal Government Can Stop Nnamdi Kanu Before It's Too Late by raphieMontella: 9:31am On May 29, 2017
LordOfNaira:

In my opinion, we don't need a Biafran day. A day may be set aside for the remembrance of those that lost their lives in that war, but it should not be called Biafran bla bla bla.

And the May 30th stuff is illegal. It is legal to agitate within the confines of the law but to declare a holiday that is not bound by the law that governs all part of the country is not right. The government has the right to view it as illegal and crush it!!!

It is not the government that has to do something about May 30; it is the "Biafrans". First, they need to have a group of common reps who would meet the government and talk. Nnamdi's aggressive stance will not help the cause at all.
I agree with you on the first, but the second is plainly wrong.
Where's the court order declaring it illegal?
Since when did protests without inciting violence become illegal?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is How The Federal Government Can Stop Nnamdi Kanu Before It's Too Late by Billygee2u: 9:33am On May 29, 2017
wale101010:
I have been a locker on Nairaland for years but I cannot be quiet anymore because I and millions of others might lose our jobs in Port Harcourt with the momentum seen with IPOB/Biafra restoration since Nnamdi Kanu release. I never believed for a while that IPOB could ever penetrate South South, particularly Rivers state. I work here as an oil worker and I'll be honest with you all: IPOB/Biafra has taken over Rivers state particularly Port Harcourt...everywhere you go its IPOB. Anyone telling you that IPOB/Biafra is a SE/Igbo affair is deceiving you. We here on gorund know what's happening here. It's not just Igbos, it's Ikwerre, Urhobo, Ishekiri, Annang, Ibibio, you name it!

As a concern citizen, I think Federal government should as a matter of emergency move to counteract Nnamdi Kanu before this gets out of hand because after May 30th, things will never be the same with Nigeria. You cannot stop this movement by force, anyone advising you to use force is deceiving you. The people following Nnamdi Kanu are not fools; this people, as with us know that Nigeria is a failure especially with the marginalization of SE, and some areas with SS. This is not the time to debate on if the fault is from the leaders of SE or SS, no, rather time for the Federal government to act immediately by implementing these measures below to pacify and make these young men abandon Kanu.

Federal government must do these:

1. Declare May 30th, Biafra Memorial Day and ask the Senate to pass it as a law that every May 30th will be a public holiday. On this May 30th, acting President Osinbanjo will lead the commemoration of all Biafran fallen heroes and heroines, by laying a wreath at the National Square Abuja in their memory. Celebrate it like we do with Nigeria Airforces Remembrance Day. Biafran Fallen Heroes and Heroines are human too like their Nigerian counterpart.
2. A committee should be set up by the Presidential Executive Council to go to SE and fact-find on all federal roads that need repair, expansion, and construction of new roads where needed.
3. All seaports and Riverport in SS and SE; Port Harcourt, Onne, Calabar, Warri and Onitsha should be reopened, funded and allowed to function to full capacity without interference.
4. All International Airports in SE and SS; Port Harcourt, Calabar, Enugu and Asaba should be funded and allowed to function to full international airport standard like Lagos and Abuja.
5. Earmark funds to support local manufacturers in Aba, Onitsha and Nnewi.
6. Most importantly, restructure the oil and gas industry, where states will be allowed to managed their oil and gas resource, and pay tax to the center.
7. Fix the lopsided appointments by Buhari, and ensure that SE, SW, SS, NC, NW, and NE are evenly represented.
8. Do away with quota system in our educational system, and let students who score high marks reap the benefits of their labor.
9. Disarm Fulani and restrict their movements to the North only.
10. All government offices and agencies must have at least one office in Enugu, Calabar or Port Harcourt.
11. All foreign consulate and visa processing centers must have at least one office in Enugu, Calabar or Port Harcourt.
12. Assure them of a new Nigeria in the horizon, and things will be better, and more restructuring will be made in the coming months as more consultations are done.

I ASSURE YOU, MAJORITY OF SE AND SS will abandon Nnamdi Kanu within 48 hrs. These people actually prefer Nigeria than Biafra, so will work with Federal government on a reasonable arrangement and fulfillment of the conditions above. YOU CAN NEVER EVER WIN THIS BATTLE WITH IPOB WITH FORCE...NEVER! YOU MUST USE SENSE; THEIR AGITATION IS BASED ON SERIOUS MARGINALIZATION.
Re: This Is How The Federal Government Can Stop Nnamdi Kanu Before It's Too Late by technicallyrich(m): 9:34am On May 29, 2017
Biafra is bigger than what most people think outside ss and se.
I hate oppression so I m hapy that biafra is moving forward

2 Likes

Re: This Is How The Federal Government Can Stop Nnamdi Kanu Before It's Too Late by raphieMontella: 9:34am On May 29, 2017
eponoloyin:

when Igbos vacate ogbomosho for the real owners, we'll get the much needed development there.

The population of igbos in ogbomosho is more than those in abakaliki

Please tell your people to go home so Yorubas can have peace and grow at their own pace. Thanks
Why do you guys keep on making uneducated comments?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How The Federal Government Can Stop Nnamdi Kanu Before It's Too Late by Billygee2u: 9:36am On May 29, 2017
psucc:
Op so in your mind you think Nigeria can remain one united entity at least in the next 20years? No! Nothing last forever and Nigeria can not. be an exception to this natural law.

The north knows this and they have it at their finger tips hence they are doing everything to use the resources from the south to place infrastructure in their region.
Re: This Is How The Federal Government Can Stop Nnamdi Kanu Before It's Too Late by raphieMontella: 9:36am On May 29, 2017
eponoloyin:

No!
I think this time, it's better to let AU and the UN decide your fate.. you lots think and act like terrorists.

Just one order from the UN will send you lots packing. The world has gone past the stone age lifestyle you leeches are used to.
Lame, illiteracy oozing from your post.
You guys like using "big words" like terrorists without actually knowing the meaning.

1 Like

Re: This Is How The Federal Government Can Stop Nnamdi Kanu Before It's Too Late by Billygee2u: 9:37am On May 29, 2017
Igboesika:
Igbos have made up their minds.

If you like move Nig Fed capital territory to umuahia, it won't stop anything.

The sun shall rise again.

Re: This Is How The Federal Government Can Stop Nnamdi Kanu Before It's Too Late by raphieMontella: 9:37am On May 29, 2017
supereagle:
Biafra is dead to rise no more. When an empire collapsed, it doesn't rise again. Study your history well.
Tell that to Germany.

2 Likes

Re: This Is How The Federal Government Can Stop Nnamdi Kanu Before It's Too Late by haryomikun(m): 9:37am On May 29, 2017
majekdom2:
Nigeria is a populous country with majority of these population oblivious of how things are run in the country. If y'all think Biafra will become a reality you are all high on some sort of stuffs. A few individuals run Nigeria and these individuals are so powerful that they influence everything in the country. These individuals know the Biafra agitators are the second level of average income Nigeria to the low income Nigeria and the Biafra leaders on the upper average income. Let me give a break down of Nigeria's economic position as regard finances and staus of living.
70% of population- Live under the poverty line- less than 100 Naira daily.
10%- of population- are on the poverty line say 200 to 300 Naira perday
10% of poulation low average- live on 800 to 5000 Naira per day.
6%-upper average live between say 5000 to 50,000 daily.
4%- These are the people that run everything in Nigeria. They are in the politics, business and social scene.
Now Biafra leaders fall between the 6% and agitators i.e followers fall btwn the lower end. It's a sad thing that even with a high number the gap between the 4% percent and the ones blow is so large that the ones below barely have a say and their opinions are never regarded.
It good to note that the 6 and 4 % are not active on social media. One will find more of the lower end on social media i.e Nairaland. The reason for this kind of thread. The earlier Y'all realise that many things go on that you don't even see or hear of the better for y'all to see Biafra is not achievable and Nigeria's development has a long way to go!

you have very horrible stats mehn

2 Likes

Re: This Is How The Federal Government Can Stop Nnamdi Kanu Before It's Too Late by Yseone(m): 9:39am On May 29, 2017
wirinet:
The minute I saw this;

I knew this is another one of IPOB's propaganda.
I repeat no Itsekiri person, even those with Igbo mother or even father wants to be a Biafran.
Igbo's can fight for their own country, but leave the Itsekiris out of it.
what's Itsekiri? Does it exist? In which country?
Rubbish op with Rubbish post
Re: This Is How The Federal Government Can Stop Nnamdi Kanu Before It's Too Late by Nobody: 9:42am On May 29, 2017
haryomikun:

you have very horrible stats mehn
don't believe what you read to make you feel good. Check around you... how many people live above 1000 Naira daily. These are the people you find mostly on social media, the ones that think Biafra is a reality. The OP claims PH is for Biafra.. I have barely seen a Shell/Total worker go on the street and agitate for Biafra. They may discuss with friends but I don't see any support. I see only IKOKU boys that sell spare parts. They live on average 200 to 300 daily.
Re: This Is How The Federal Government Can Stop Nnamdi Kanu Before It's Too Late by raphieMontella: 9:42am On May 29, 2017
wirinet:

Why May 30th? What makes may 30th special? Is that day Ojukwu,s, KANU or even the writer's birthday?
Why would Nigeria celebrate Biafran's remembrance day in Nigeria, with Nigeria's C-inC honouring biafran soldiers? Does that sound sane to you?

Why only South East? Is it only the SE that has bad roads? Most Federal roads in the SS, SW and even the north central are in deplorable state.

The ports is extremely complex, first Portharcourt port and One ports are not closed, it is just that they are not operating in uptimal capacity. The rivers leading to warri and Onitsha ports needs to be dredged before large container ships can berth there.
Having said the above government's running of ports is outdated nowadays. Most ports in industrialized nations are run by private companies, as governments have been known not to run ports efficiently. So the best solution to me will be a sort of private - public partnership with private companies running the ports.
Also ports should not be built in isolation but as part of a general economic policy. Which ports will specialize in exports and which will specialize in imports? The export ports must be built with the expected export products in mind. We cannot continue to build ports to import dumped goods from Asia into the country, that would be recipe for economic doom.

Bad idea. Most of the airports are economically unviable. The whole of the south east and south south does not require more than one standard international airport and one domestic airport. The expected traffic should be the main criteria for building airports and not politics.
How does this even make sense to you?
Na WA

What do you mean by earmark? I hope you do not mean dash people money only to people of Aba, Onitsha and Nnewi.
Financing of businesses, be it manufacturing, agricultural or services is a prerogative of the banks, the CBN can only help through fiscal or monetary policies.

Ideal situation, but we have to physically restructure the federation first. It would lead to the collapse most states if implemented under this 36 state/ 774 local government structure.

Have to stop for now.
I suggest some states should be merged.
Re: This Is How The Federal Government Can Stop Nnamdi Kanu Before It's Too Late by raphieMontella: 9:44am On May 29, 2017
ariesbull:

Do you realise that the Igbo can't be a sitting ducks... Let's assume you fight them in Lagos...They will fight back and you know what it means forlahis economy?

So let's be wise here
If igbos leave Lagos, nothing will happen...
Lagos is an economic hub, with or without igbos.. .
Re: This Is How The Federal Government Can Stop Nnamdi Kanu Before It's Too Late by raphieMontella: 9:44am On May 29, 2017
wordcat:

3, 4, 5, 6, 11 Major reasons I am with Nnamdi Kanu
Same,, but with restructuring of Nigeria
Re: This Is How The Federal Government Can Stop Nnamdi Kanu Before It's Too Late by raphieMontella: 9:46am On May 29, 2017
GavelSlam:
Ibo man claiming Wale to deceive the gullible.

So an itshekiri man such as Oritshefemi would support Nnamdi ?
Don't stay in the North and cast predictions.

Come to delta and see for yourself.

3 Likes

Re: This Is How The Federal Government Can Stop Nnamdi Kanu Before It's Too Late by GavelSlam: 9:50am On May 29, 2017
raphieMontella:

Don't stay in the North and cast predictions.

Come to delta and see for yourself.

Get away.

Be talking nonsense to an itshekiri man.

You maybe lucky to get the ikweres on your side other that that try the nonsense and see how you would be blown to smithereens.

The little issue in Bayelsa the other day should have given you some sense.

Alas, the thing no kuku dey your head before.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How The Federal Government Can Stop Nnamdi Kanu Before It's Too Late by pennywys(m): 9:50am On May 29, 2017
Igboesika:
Igbos have made up their minds.

If you like move Nig Fed capital territory to umuahia, it won't stop anything.

The sun shall rise again.

don't mind the crazy OP, he just make fool of himself

May God bless you and other great people of Biafra

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How The Federal Government Can Stop Nnamdi Kanu Before It's Too Late by pennywys(m): 9:53am On May 29, 2017
rheether:
This OP is very selfish, so self centered. So all this your balderdash is simply because you don't want to loose your job? You failed!
don't mind the fool. You can't imagine how much anger grew in my heart while reading that trash

3 Likes

Re: This Is How The Federal Government Can Stop Nnamdi Kanu Before It's Too Late by adanny01(m): 9:54am On May 29, 2017
raphieMontella:

I agree with you on the first, but the second is plainly wrong.
Where's the court order declaring it illegal?
Since when did protests without inciting violence become illegal?

Agitation for sessesion is illegal and government can arrest anyone and treat the offense as treason just like Nnamdi is facing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is How The Federal Government Can Stop Nnamdi Kanu Before It's Too Late by pennywys(m): 9:55am On May 29, 2017
wirinet:
The minute I saw this;

I repeat no Itsekiri person, even those with Igbo mother or even father wants to be a Biafran.
where exactly did ur Itsekiri belong?

1 Like

Re: This Is How The Federal Government Can Stop Nnamdi Kanu Before It's Too Late by raphieMontella: 9:55am On May 29, 2017
GavelSlam:

Get away.

Be talking nonsense to an itshekiri man.

You maybe lucky to get the ikweres on your side other that that try the nonsense and see how you would be blown to smithereens.

The little issue in Bayelsa the other day should have given you some sense.

Alas, the thing no kuku dey your head before.
For you to reply me with insults, show your level of communicative ability.

What issue in bayelsa?
You really are not a deep thinker. By your logic the incident that happened in ile-ife or so recently which resulted in Yoruba's chasing and killing Hausa's mean that Yoruba's no longer want to share Nigeria with Hausa's,,,
Pathetic Sir.

You may be an itsekiri man but you obviously don't live with us here in the south.
Good luck.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is How The Federal Government Can Stop Nnamdi Kanu Before It's Too Late by onward4life(m): 9:57am On May 29, 2017
wale101010:
I have been a locker on Nairaland for years but I cannot be quiet anymore because I and millions of others might lose our jobs in Port Harcourt with the momentum seen with IPOB/Biafra restoration since Nnamdi Kanu release. I never believed for a while that IPOB could ever penetrate South South, particularly Rivers state. I work here as an oil worker and I'll be honest with you all: IPOB/Biafra has taken over Rivers state particularly Port Harcourt...everywhere you go its IPOB. Anyone telling you that IPOB/Biafra is a SE/Igbo affair is deceiving you. We here on gorund know what's happening here. It's not just Igbos, it's Ikwerre, Urhobo, Ishekiri, Annang, Ibibio, you name it!

As a concern citizen, I think Federal government should as a matter of emergency move to counteract Nnamdi Kanu before this gets out of hand because after May 30th, things will never be the same with Nigeria. You cannot stop this movement by force, anyone advising you to use force is deceiving you. The people following Nnamdi Kanu are not fools; this people, as with us know that Nigeria is a failure especially with the marginalization of SE, and some areas with SS. This is not the time to debate on if the fault is from the leaders of SE or SS, no, rather time for the Federal government to act immediately by implementing these measures below to pacify and make these young men abandon Kanu.

1. Declare May 30th, Biafra Memorial Day and ask the Senate to pass it as a law that every May 30th will be a public holiday. On this May 30th, acting President Osinbanjo will lead the commemoration of all Biafran fallen heroes and heroines, by laying a wreath at the National Square Abuja in their memory. Celebrate it like we do with Nigeria Airforces Remembrance Day. Biafran Fallen Heroes and Heroines are human too like their Nigerian counterpart.
2. A committee should be set up by the Presidential Executive Council to go to SE and fact-find on all federal roads that need repair, expansion, and construction of new roads where needed.
3. All seaports and Riverport in SS and SE; Port Harcourt, Onne, Calabar, Warri and Onitsha should be reopened, funded and allowed to function to full capacity without interference.
4. All International Airports in SE and SS; Port Harcourt, Calabar, Enugu and Asaba should be funded and allowed to function to full international airport standard like Lagos and Abuja.
6. Most importantly, restructure the oil and gas industry, where states will be allowed to managed their oil and gas resource, and pay tax to the center.
7. Fix the lopsided appointments by Buhari, and ensure that SE, SW, SS, NC, NW, and NE are evenly represented.
8. Do away with quota system in our educational system, and let students who score high marks reap the benefits of their labor.
10. All government offices and agencies must have at least one office in Enugu, Calabar or Port Harcourt.
11. All foreign consulate and visa processing centers must have at least one office in Enugu, Calabar or Port Harcourt.
12. Assure them of a new Nigeria in the horizon, and things will be better, and more restructuring will be made in the coming months as more consultations are done.

I ASSURE YOU, MAJORITY OF SE AND SS will abandon Nnamdi Kanu within 48 hrs. These people actually prefer Nigeria than Biafra, so will work with Federal government on a reasonable arrangement and fulfillment of the conditions above. YOU CAN NEVER EVER WIN THIS BATTLE WITH IPOB WITH FORCE...NEVER! YOU MUST USE SENSE; THEIR AGITATION IS BASED ON SERIOUS MARGINALIZATION.

We know that they hav been cheated squarely all the while but we kept quiet and called them names.

But they are better educated than the nut an can go toe to toe with any other race in Africa on academics.

See education is key no matter hw Our leaders devalue it.

These are groups that ha greatly excelled an was rewarded by God outside Nigeria

Why our northern brothers where busy turbaning and marrying children for blood recycling. And commissioning worship centers

1 Like

Re: This Is How The Federal Government Can Stop Nnamdi Kanu Before It's Too Late by Prince16: 9:57am On May 29, 2017
wirinet:
The minute I saw this;

Funny how d bloke registered on d 28th of may and dt was his very 1st post/topic lolz.
Wale ko, dele ni...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How The Federal Government Can Stop Nnamdi Kanu Before It's Too Late by onward4life(m): 9:58am On May 29, 2017
wale101010:

We know that they have been cheated squarely all this while but we kept quiet and called them names. And try to make them demoralised.

But they are better educated than the nut and can go toe to toe with any other race in Africa a beyond on academics.

See education is key no matter hw Our leaders devalue it.

These are groups that has greatly excelled and was been rewarded greatly by God in and outside Nigeria

Why our northern brothers where busy turbaning and marrying children for blood recycling. And commissioning worship centers
University buildings are just monuments for wall papers and not for learning
** Emir Sanusi **
And we praised them all through because of appointments
Re: This Is How The Federal Government Can Stop Nnamdi Kanu Before It's Too Late by raphieMontella: 10:00am On May 29, 2017
adanny01:

Agitation for sessesion is illegal and government can arrest anyone and treat the offense as treason just like Nnamdi is facing.
Na WA oo, this one doesn't even know his nature given right. ..
That's how whites would tell you blacks are meant to be their slaves, you'd totally agree and any black man you see employing whites would be called a criminal by you.. .
Abeg carry your problem.
Re: This Is How The Federal Government Can Stop Nnamdi Kanu Before It's Too Late by raphieMontella: 10:01am On May 29, 2017
Prince16:

Funny how d bloke registered on d 28th of may and dt was his very 1st post/topic lolz.
Wale ko, dele ni...
Lol, I believe he's a southerner, or an igbo human, hiding under a Yoruba moniker.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How The Federal Government Can Stop Nnamdi Kanu Before It's Too Late by kalemy(m): 10:06am On May 29, 2017
wirinet:
The minute I saw this;

bros, no one is forcing u to be biafran. we are only telling you to join the moving train.
Re: This Is How The Federal Government Can Stop Nnamdi Kanu Before It's Too Late by Sabiubari(m): 10:16am On May 29, 2017
They were must stop because Nigeria is only one compress 36 state some frm south-south ,south-east ,north east ,north central and north west
Re: This Is How The Federal Government Can Stop Nnamdi Kanu Before It's Too Late by dangwarmai(m): 10:18am On May 29, 2017
wale101010:

This is what we have been saying about BH since from their inception, now where are those clamouring for killing them? and up to now we are fighting them.
SORRY my brother, 6, 10 and 11th can never happen as our leaders are gluttons.
Re: This Is How The Federal Government Can Stop Nnamdi Kanu Before It's Too Late by ziga: 10:19am On May 29, 2017
wale101010 = Nnamdi Kanu
shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How The Federal Government Can Stop Nnamdi Kanu Before It's Too Late by willibounce1(m): 10:19am On May 29, 2017
rheether:
This OP is very selfish, so self centered. So all this your balderdash is simply because you don't want to loose your job? You failed!

The OP is shameless biafrua.d coward. He had to open a new moniker and choose a Yoruba name to speak his mind because he is afraid of the bashing from his fellow senseless ipods who detest common sense. OP be proud of your tribe and say what's on your mind. Your idea makes sense but you don't have to be a coward. This is an online forum. Man up.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

IPOB Coordinator Found Dead In His Room In Aba(photos) / Osun Voters Mock APC: We Collected Their Money, But Voted For Adeleke (Video) / Governor Abiodun's Filling Station Rejects Old Naira Notes, Despite Threats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.