Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,630 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria (45376 Views)

2019 Elections: INEC Releases Criteria For Recruitment Of Ad-hoc Staff / Goodluck Jonathan To Atiku: Beg Obasanjo, Get PDP Ticket / Mid-Term: Buhari Passes 7, Fails 5 Promises - Centre For Democracy & Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by wadetaw202: 9:47am On May 30, 2017
seunmsg:
Jonathan was really a high performer. He achieved so much mid way into his tenure that Nigerians had to massively vote him out 2 years later due to his wonderful performance. OP, well-done Sir.

And since you have voted him out, had your life and country been better?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by ganie(m): 9:47am On May 30, 2017
Press freedom- I remember so well how newspaper companies were barred from distributing dailies all around the country. How some governors were intimidated to the very low,they were denied their freedom.
On the road projects GEJ did well that the road to Otuoke is very motorable that it can even serve as a runway. And imagine the scores where PMB did better and just see the difference,as if it we were not in this country then

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by wadetaw202: 9:49am On May 30, 2017
seunmsg:

Go and read my comment again and get the sarcasm. To be clear, Jonathan was a pathetic failure and the OP's write up is complete trash.

And buhari had been a pathetic success, right?

You can as well write your own analysis for all to see

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by ganie(m): 9:50am On May 30, 2017
wadetaw202:

And since you have voted him out, had your life and country been better?
Ask the North easterners this same question and they will tell you PMB is a messiah. The Yoruba's say eni ti ija o deba,lon pe ara re lokunrin

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by ONYII4TRUT: 9:51am On May 30, 2017
seunmsg:

We lived through Jonathan's regime so there is no need for that. Beside, Nigerians analysed his regime in 2015 and gave their verdict. I stand with the verdict of most Nigerians.
So what is d verdict of most Nigerians? Has Nigerian been as divided as it is now ever b4? U ppl shud stop all these bias and b truthful. If u check well buhari's supporters are mainly from d north even when there is hunger and starvation in Nigeria as never b4.
Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by wadetaw202: 9:52am On May 30, 2017
ganie:

Ask the North easterners this same question and they will tell you PMB is a messiah. The Yoruba's say eni ti ija o deba,lon pe ara re lokunrin

Whay about you? Has your life been better since PMB became president? Aside from NE, can you also tell me which other region has been better under PMB?
Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by robminds: 9:53am On May 30, 2017
obiageIi:

Oil price

Buhari - $50/barel

----------------------------------------------
Jonathan - $110/barel
Buhari -99% Suicides rate

GEJ - 0%
----------------------------------

Buhari
Stamp Duty charges introduced
Billions recovered from corruption
Debits on all bank account deposits
etc.(all these alone covers for lower oil proceeds so why is there still hunger?

GEJ
No Stamp Duty
No Recovered billions from Corruption
No N50 debits on bank account deposits.
etc?
so explain why people are still dying of hunger

Nigerians, lets leave politics and be objective.
Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by Ballmer: 9:55am On May 30, 2017
Kathmandu:
Gej was voted out because of religious nd ethnic factors and not performance

The Nigerian electorate as the right to vote anyone based on any conception or misconception they deem fit to beta their lot just the way Biafran chose their choice but like they said you also have the prerogative to wail on as far as I am concerned Buhari till 2019 and beyond.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by emi14: 9:57am On May 30, 2017
obiageIi:

By your defination, we were spending half our income on subsidy under gej?

Btw, we are spending 40% of our income today servicing debts that way paid off 3yrs before gej despite the oil boom all thru his tenure.
Hey yaaaaah. Am sorry ok.
Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by ganie(m): 9:58am On May 30, 2017
wadetaw202:

Whay about you? Has your life been better since PMB became president? Aside from NE, can you also tell me which other region has been better under PMB?
Mister,no regrets so far. Though I am not where I desire but with God its certain.Something I use to think is,maybe if we still have GEJ in power maybe the country would have been sold off.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by wadetaw202: 10:02am On May 30, 2017
ganie:
Mister,no regrets so far. Though I am not where I desire but with God its certain.Something I use to think is,maybe if we still have GEJ in power maybe the country would have been sold off.

You can hide behind d internet and claim any lie. Garri jumped from 120 to 350, yet your life is better. Rice from 280 to 500 yet you are praising buhari. You need a doctor for mental evaluation

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by ssfather1819(m): 10:03am On May 30, 2017
YOU ARE VERY BIAS

GEJ - CREATE BH

PMB - DEFEAT THE

GEJ- PUT US IN RECESSION

PMB- RESCUE US

GEJ- CREATE DIZAINI ALISON MADUKWE

PMB - INTRODUCE MAGU

INFARCT GEJ IS THE WORSE PRESIDENT THIS COUNTRY EVER HAD.

1 Share

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by do4luv14(m): 10:07am On May 30, 2017
Sorry OP,
your scorecard on SECURITY does not hold water,

buhari himself is a terror

will score him 10& and GEJ 85%
furthermore, on policy and national planning
PMB 3% GEJ 75%
Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by kpaminose: 10:08am On May 30, 2017
Boko Haram was already crushed before election and handing over to Buhari. The successes this present enjoying in the fight against Boko Haram is not entirely to the credit of Buhari. and Boko Haram is still in existence after so many years Jonathan started their crush. With Fulani herdsmen and security operatives killing people all over Nigeria, Buhari scored zero in security. I wonder what's wrong with people that they score Buhari high in security. More people have lost their lives in Buhari's two years than Jonathan's 5 years. Will you start mentioning the high ranking Nigerian Military Officers that were killed in their hundreds?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 10:11am On May 30, 2017
nell4:
nahh not 85% .shld be 1000%
LOL
Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by Xfemt(m): 10:12am On May 30, 2017
seunmsg:
Jonathan was really a high performer. He achieved so much mid way into his tenure that Nigerians had to massively vote him out 2 years later due to his wonderful performance. OP, well-done Sir.
all in the name of proganda nd les i forget enjoy ur #propaganda
Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by howfarwhatagwan: 10:22am On May 30, 2017
Most biased rating I have ever seen. Nigerians learn to be objective it is the only way you can see things clearly. I will say it and continue to say it if the previous government performed as you have rated, it will be undoubtedly evident but clearly it is not the case which is why everyone will continue to suffer the consequences of that failure and our continual refusal to accept that fact makes it even worse. I repeat GEJ WAS A POOR LEADER HE CLEARLY LACKED GOOD LEADERSHIP SKILLS AND IT IS NOT A BAD THING TO ADMIT IT. HIS GOVERNMENT WAS A FAILURE WHICH IS WHY WE ARE WHERE WE ARE TODAY. Simply put, if Obasanjo took us 10 steps forward, GEJ and cohorts took us 15 steps backwards and off track. PMB's government still got a longgggg way to go in getting us back on track . I will rate them 60% because we are finally getting on the right path.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by DamilakToBam(m): 10:28am On May 30, 2017
seunmsg:

do you know what Nigerians will do to ur headmaster Bubu?
Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by ganie(m): 10:36am On May 30, 2017
wadetaw202:

You can hide behind d internet and claim any lie. Garri jumped from 120 to 350, yet your life is better. Rice from 280 to 500 yet you are praising buhari. You need a doctor for mental evaluation
Should it lead to this? If hunger is killing you and your family should you think of same for everybody. I know people who are making strides in this same government, just yesterday we saw a post on front page of a man who started his business with 30k in 2015 and he has two branches already,will this same person complain of this government. You better go on your kneels and ask God to remember you no matter who the government is.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by Sirjamo: 10:38am On May 30, 2017
Nonsensical analysis, you should have include the amount of resources available to each of them at the time under review before you wrote this trash.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by Nobody: 10:41am On May 30, 2017
kpaminose:
Boko Haram was already crushed before election and handing over to Buhari. The successes this present enjoying in the fight against Boko Haram is not entirely to the credit of Buhari. and Boko Haram is still in existence after so many years Jonathan started their crush. With Fulani herdsmen and security operatives killing people all over Nigeria, Buhari scored zero in security. I wonder what's wrong with people that they score Buhari high in security. More people have lost their lives in Buhari's two years than Jonathan's 5 years. Will you start mentioning the high ranking Nigerian Military Officers that were killed in their hundreds?
as for me i dont feel secure, we have Boko Haram Commanders threating to bomb Abuja and other places, i also dont feel secure because my relations cannot go into the farms anymore, i am also scared of SARS and oher policemen who might just kill me if i carry my ATM., so the insecurity has increaseed i all aspects
Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by obaoyedotun(m): 10:55am On May 30, 2017
Get your facts right in the last 8years oil never sold above $60/barrel you need education in your life
obiageIi:

Oil price

Buhari - $50/barel

Jonathan - $110/barel
Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by obaoyedotun(m): 10:59am On May 30, 2017
How come you all just find it hard to admit you made a mistake voting your messiah PMB into office
howfarwhatagwan:
Most biased rating I have ever seen. Nigerians learn to be objective it is the only way you can see things clearly. I will say it and continue to say it if the previous government performed as you have rated, it will be undoubtedly evident but clearly it is not the case which is why everyone will continue to suffer the consequences of that failure and our continual refusal to accept that fact makes it even worse. I repeat GEJ WAS A POOR LEADER HE CLEARLY LACKED GOOD LEADERSHIP SKILLS AND IT IS NOT A BAD THING TO ADMIT IT. HIS GOVERNMENT WAS A FAILURE WHICH IS WHY WE ARE WHERE WE ARE TODAY. Simply put, if Obasanjo took us 10 steps forward, GEJ and cohorts took us 15 steps backwards and off track. PMB's government still got a longgggg way to go in getting us back on track . I will rate them 60% because we are finally getting on the right path.
Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by cheezy4real(m): 11:04am On May 30, 2017
adadike281:
Afam 4eva have said it all.
Hunger:
Buhari= 99.9%
GEJ= 25%

The best thing you can give a common man is food. The difference between those who voted buhari n Gej is not more than two million. Hunger has reset most brains . If he recontest against my grandmother, he will not have the support he had before. Gej was better but our leaders manipulated us. Even the next person criticizing Gej is hungry typing rubbish....
Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by chiraqDemon(m): 11:08am On May 30, 2017
seunmsg:
Buhari got the job cos the northern part of the country wanted the presidency to themselves and he also promised to do much more than GEJ had done. Even now u can see that the northern part will do anything to retain power even if buhari loses. I think things in nigeria are not done based on performance but based on how much u can promise and which part of the country u r from.
Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by satmaniac(m): 11:09am On May 30, 2017
jomoh:

1. Crude oil price excuse that is beyond his(PMB) control cannot not fly but APC excuse that is under the presidents control can fly abi. wehdon sir.

Was APC holding his hand front totally removing the subsidy.

2. So the subsidy magically disappeared immediately PMBs APC came in. Not even a credit to the man that thought it right to remove the subsidy.

Mr joseph, barcanista might not be in most people's good books due to his write ups but I am very sure I've ever seen anything as biased and blantantly lopesided as this from him.

Everything is not black and white and appraisal of government is much more complex(i know you know better) than the rubbish you wrote up there but you intentionally expunged the complexities and circumstances that contribute to the rating to satisfy your selfish objective.

Complexities and circumstances like:

1. What kind of economy did the two of them inherit from their predecessor

2. What was their contribution to improve or worsen.

3. What was the external reserve inherited by the two of them.

4. What was the excess crude oil reserve

5. What are the basic economic indices inherited before jumping into these conclusions.

Venuzuela had a better economy than Nigeria as at the time GEJ was handing over to PMB. Now that country is on the brink of total collapse while we are gradually coming out of the mess GEJ left us with but you choose to ignore that part.

You choose to ignore the fact that Nigeria was borrowing to pay federal workers before GEJ left but under PMB, we were not only paying convenetly but also borrowing states to pay.

You choose to ignore that GEJ met external reserve close to $60bn and left less than $25bn Squandering $35bn during an oil boom.

You choose to ignore that GEJ met a docile Bokoharam but left vibrant a Bokoharam controlling Nigerian territory.

You choose to ignore the fact that GEJ govt never did anything during Ebola rather they allowed Patrick Sawyer enter this country despite they knowing that there had been outbreak of Ebola in his country and other. Infact it was Lagos state that single handedly curbed the menace.

In fact after reading your trash up there, my gut could do nothing but regurgitate this quote from Billy Madison:

".....What you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever read. At no point in your, rambling, Incohenrent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone reading this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no point, and may God have mercy on your poor soul."

PMB might not be performing up to expectation but any sane person that knows the story of Venezuela will give PMB credit for where Nigeria is today.

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by Jesusloveyou: 11:17am On May 30, 2017
Kathmandu:
... I think you were using glo network when we read how Emirs and Imams in the mosque were telling their followers that they should not vote an infidel which is GEJ.
you were inside the bush when oyedipo became a gateman in hell fire, that he will open the gate of hell for everyone that voted against your ineffectual buffoon

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by Jesusloveyou: 11:22am On May 30, 2017
wadetaw202:

every part of Nigeria are going forward except Ipods who refused to move on with progressive

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by dreamangel: 11:26am On May 30, 2017
The truth hurts right?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by dreamangel: 11:31am On May 30, 2017
Op thank you for this excellent write- up. It will be useful in seminars and workshops.

Thank God you are not IPOB otherwise some persons will degenerate this thread into tribal and religious war.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by VajanahDischaj(f): 11:41am On May 30, 2017
we have a President now, but the sick acting president doesn't want him to perform.
Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by Jelal0007(m): 11:42am On May 30, 2017
obiageIi:

Oil price

Buhari - $50/barel

Jonathan - $110/barel
Educate the m0r0ns...they just won't learn. Ign0rance is bliss to them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Atiku Ranks Number One, Buhari 12, On Twitter Trending Worldwide- Pictures / Godswill Akpabio Embraces Chris Ekpenyong (Photo) / Policemen Clash With Soldiers Few Poles To Ebonyi Government House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.