Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,432 members, 7,815,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria (45389 Views)

2019 Elections: INEC Releases Criteria For Recruitment Of Ad-hoc Staff / Goodluck Jonathan To Atiku: Beg Obasanjo, Get PDP Ticket / Mid-Term: Buhari Passes 7, Fails 5 Promises - Centre For Democracy & Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by Nobody: 11:43am On May 30, 2017
obiageIi:

Oil price
Buhari - $50/barel

Jonathan - $110/barel
Fuel price GEJ - N87/ltr Buhari - N145/ltr
kerosine
GEJ - N110/ltr. Buhara - N200/ltr
cooking gas GEJ - N400/kg Buhari - N700/kg
Nepa Bill(estimated bill) GEJ - N3,000 Buhari - N15,000

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by Jelal0007(m): 11:43am On May 30, 2017
baralatie:

oh yeah!the same line,the same lie.if PMB had listened and made those important decisions about his govt,economy and finance maybe he would not need this media effort
And what are those 'important decisions' Mr?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by diamondzs(f): 11:44am On May 30, 2017
Omuka:
jonathan had no vote from the north. Idiot.
You are a stupid fool, not for your opinion on the matter but for calling me an idiot when I didn't insult you, that's the reason you couldn't reason & see the fact that ethnicity played a major role in the last election, even in the east.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by Jelal0007(m): 11:48am On May 30, 2017
balanceofterror1:

All the money they claimed to have recovered should make up the $50/barel.

Useless government
Og try to balance your brain nah. Shey this comment wey u make here sound sensible to you? If thief collect 100k 4ur hand and u see 10k collect,e go make up 4 wetin him don steal ni?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by tonex360: 11:50am On May 30, 2017
Whether PDP or APC, this assessment has shown that Bahuri is a failure.
Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by Jelal0007(m): 11:54am On May 30, 2017
ochejoseph:

Madam

when we talk objectively there is no need for insults if truly you mean well for Nigeria

the reason why the crude price excuse will not fly is simple

1.Jonathan had a crude oil price of 110 but he had to contend with a huge subsidy regime which the APC stopped him from removing
2. Now Buhari has no high crude prices but he does not have the huge burden of subsidy which is now been paid by ordinary Nigerians.

A sound economic policy does not need crude oil to work it’s neither a machine no an equipment it’s an idea or innovation on paper

Treating each segment of the country fairly does not need oil prices

Putting the right people in the right places even though they don’t come from your village does not need crude oil prices
most of the places he had low score did not require high oil prices but simple common sense
Hahahahahahaha...I just had a comic morning. Thanks 2u. Right eole indeed. Subsidy kor,subsidy ni. So fuel price didn't increase under GEJ abi? Cost of TP didn't increase either abi? Do u the level of fraud surrounding the subsidy issue under GEJ? Bros,leave matter 4 Mathias.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by hylyne(m): 11:59am On May 30, 2017
seunmsg:
Jonathan was really a high performer. He achieved so much mid way into his tenure that Nigerians had to massively vote him out 2 years later due to his wonderful performance. OP, well-done Sir.

U mean the almajiris, not Nigerians of course.
Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by Omuka: 12:15pm On May 30, 2017
diamondzs:

You are a stupid fool, not for your opinion on the matter but for calling me an idiot when I didn't insult you, that's the reason you couldn't reason & see the fact that ethnicity played a major role in the last election, even in the east.
i insulted you because you are very annoying and myopic.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by howfarwhatagwan: 12:26pm On May 30, 2017
[quote author=obaoyedotun post=57017139]How come you all just find it hard to admit you made a mistake voting your messiah PMB into office [/quo

Maybe when you also admit that GEJ was a total failure? or realize it would have even been a greater disaster to have re-elected him?

and BTW I also supported/voted GEJ and I have absolutely no reservations stating he failed after his term just as I will have none saying the same about PMB after his tenure for you can destroy a house in a split second but can NEVER rebuild it within the same time frame.

When one learns to be objective then and only then will they be able to see things from a better perspective.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by odinga1of: 12:26pm On May 30, 2017
ochejoseph:

Madam

when we talk objectively there is no need for insults if truly you mean well for Nigeria

1.Jonathan had a crude oil price of 110 but he had to contend with a huge subsidy regime which the APC stopped him from removing
2. Now Buhari has no high crude prices but he does not have the huge burden of subsidy which is now been paid by ordinary Nigerians.

A sound economic policy does not need crude oil to work it’s neither a machine no an equipment it’s an idea or innovation on paper

Putting the right people in the right places even though they don’t come from your village does not need crude oil prices
most of the places he had low score did not require high oil prices but simple common sense
God bless u Boss for dis analysis.
Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by obaoyedotun(m): 12:44pm On May 30, 2017
So to you this looks like a rebuilding process and so nothing good came out of the GEJ tenure that is why your PMB has to destroy the country this much to rebuild it shey, bro leave your comfort zone and move around the country and see how far I travel a lot and I see things I don't wait to read news from nairaland or the pages of newspaper that's y I can't be deceived about Nigeria [quote author=howfarwhatagwan post=57020108][/quote]
Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by obaoyedotun(m): 12:53pm On May 30, 2017
Bros you can lie o if he emptied the treasury where did your PMB get money in his first 2months to pay states for bailout since budget hasn't been passed and no minister where was he getting money to travel around
ayindejimmy:

Speak for yourself and others Igbos
If Gej performed like the op claimed, why was he voted out despite emptying our treasury to boost his chances

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by ofwest47(m): 1:05pm On May 30, 2017
haters and wailers continued
Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by JayB11(m): 1:06pm On May 30, 2017
balanceofterror1:

GEJ's lost was due to Boko Haram and chibok girls issue not b'cos of hunger in the land.
Exactly, we in the Boko Haram affected states voted Buhari not because we liked him and believed in his promises, but we wanted peace, we wanted everyone family in diaspora to return home, we ran and left our towns, am talking about a whole LGA with population of about 50K or more people. Boko boys assured more threat if GEJ wins, we had no choice but to seek for peace.
Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by Creamz(m): 1:15pm On May 30, 2017
seunmsg:
Jonathan was really a high performer. He achieved so much mid way into his tenure that Nigerians had to massively vote him out 2 years later due to his wonderful performance. OP, well-done Sir.

GEJ was voted out because people wanted better governance and the high rate of insecurity and corruption that bewildered his administration. Other than those he did well, and he has performed way better than the current administration that has landed the country in hunger and more poverty when we actually voted them in to help clean the mess of the previous government.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by ofwest47(m): 1:17pm On May 30, 2017
IPOB and I BEFORE OTHERS assessment
Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by Elbowroom: 1:23pm On May 30, 2017
Lol funny article

My question is if Nigerians fared better under GEJ or of GEJ did much better than buhari then why was he voted out?

LOL

The dude even gave buhari 55% on security and gave GEJ 50%

Lol

The writer must be living inside otuoke villa

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by fortunechy(m): 1:28pm On May 30, 2017
comparing the two is like to compare Nigeria with America
Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by ndcide(m): 1:33pm On May 30, 2017
ochejoseph:

Madam

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by hush15: 1:46pm On May 30, 2017
obonujoker:

Mr Man, GEJ was not a high performer, buh he was certainly better than this clownish fiasco we have now....

He never said he was a high performer but when comparing, GEJ did well more than his successor.

We must say it as it is, GEJ tenure still best Bubu any day so far

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by obonujoker(m): 1:53pm On May 30, 2017
hush15:

He never said he was a high performer but when comparing, GEJ did well more than his successor.

We must say it as it is, GEJ tenure still best Bubu any day so far

Of cos, GEJ was far better...

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by Realist2: 2:00pm On May 30, 2017
seunmsg:

Yeah, the economy was so good that we had to be borrowing money to pay Federal civil servant in the last months of his presidency.

Yea, and the borrowing still continue even with a fathom recovery of trillions of naira and no capital projects going on.
Don't let your zombiesm became a reprobate one.
Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by Splashme: 2:07pm On May 30, 2017
balanceofterror1:

GEJ's lost was due to Boko Haram and chibok girls issue not b'cos of hunger in the land.
Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by hush15: 2:09pm On May 30, 2017
Elbowroom:
Lol funny article

My question is if Nigerians fared better under GEJ or of GEJ did much better than buhari then why was he voted out?

LOL

The dude even gave buhari 55% on security and gave GEJ 50%

Lol

The writer must be living inside otuoke villa

While I can contend that idea he was voted out! I will not but stay with the issue.

Lets assume that he was voted out, the mere visible reason is the fact it was time for him to move on.
You can mention BH and what have you, but what has changed? Bubu took BH and replaced it with Herdsmen, if you are saying 200 chibok girls, do you know how many babies, girls and boys have died or taken away by the herdsmen under this regime alone? These are human lives and we have not mentioned the adults have been lost under Buhari alone? 200 chibok girls cannot justify that. The insecurity is getting worse but because everybody eyes is in the northeast, we don't say much....

Neway, I am waiting till 2019 and pray they don't still blame GEJ cos that will very stupid of them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by wadetaw202: 2:15pm On May 30, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
every part of Nigeria are going forward except Ipods who refused to move on with progressive

I suggest you keep your intentional blindness to yourself. So it is only Igbo's that are paying double the price for every item we buy in the markets today? It is only Igbo's that are living in darkness in Nigeria? Boy you better be careful so that the curse of the hungry will not send you to an early grave.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by wadetaw202: 2:21pm On May 30, 2017
ganie:

Should it lead to this? If hunger is killing you and your family should you think of same for everybody. I know people who are making strides in this same government, just yesterday we saw a post on front page of a man who started his business with 30k in 2015 and he has two branches already,will this same person complain of this government. You better go on your kneels and ask God to remember you no matter who the government is.

If thoughtless and stupidity is not running in your cursed family and upon your head, you will ask yourself how many Nigerians can give the same testimony as the man you mentioned. If someone has not cursed you with mental blindness, you will be wiser to stop insulting the intelligence of people. From the look of things, your mental stupidity is so deep that no prayer can heal you. It is certain you will remain a mental imbbecile and political slave for the rest of your life if you are not careful.
Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by ganie(m): 2:33pm On May 30, 2017
wadetaw202:

If thoughtless and stupidity is not running in your cursed family and upon your head, you will ask yourself how many Nigerians can give the same testimony as the man you mentioned. If someone has not cursed you with mental blindness, you will be wiser to stop insulting the intelligence of people. From the look of things, your mental stupidity is so deep that no prayer can heal you. It is certain you will remain a mental imbbecile and political slave for the rest of your life if you are not careful.
Mister,you will and remain impoverished till the end of your generation.
Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by tuniski: 3:03pm On May 30, 2017
obailala:
1. Comparing life on the streets is meaningless, we're in a recession and recessions dont just happen overnight; different things lead to recession and it unravels slowly. In otherwords, that a country hits recession today does not mean the factors/actions/inactions/indiscretions which led to it happened today.

2. OBJ did not inherit an economy in shock, so it is a very different scenario. A man earning 20k monthly may have learnt how to live comfortably on his earnings over time. But if after getting comfortable on an income of 50k, his income suddenly gets cut back to 20k, he would definitely not live as comfortable as he was 15 years ago when he previously earned that 20k.

3. When I asked for projects, I was referring to the entire country, not a single zone.

What happened to Beating recession and preventing it from happening. Our recession is caused by Buhari. Let APC replace him and watch the economy bounce back to life. Recession is a contraction in economic activities over a six months. This contraction is caused by combination of factors that snowballed into lack of confidence in an economy by the levers of economic might! Everything buhari kills confidence.

OBJ inherited an economy in the worst form of shock. Moreso, buhari/apc knew all the things they are screaming are wrong today to be wrong, they amplified them during campaign then got elected to better them.

Suddenly they are in power and became powerless to solve a single problem. If fall in oil price and or corruption is/are responsible for our recession, then we should have been in recession since 1960 till date!

The PDP govt did a lot of projects and particularly GEJ did as attested to by Rotimi Amaechi and the rest of them ministers.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by slivertongue: 3:11pm On May 30, 2017
tuniski:

What happened to Beating recession and preventing it from happening. Our recession is caused by Buhari. Let APC replace him and watch the economy bounce back to life. Recession is a contraction in economic activities over a six months. This contraction is caused by combination of factors that snowballed into lack of confidence in an economy by the levers of economic might! Everything buhari kills confidence.

OBJ inherited an economy in the worst form of shock. Moreso, buhari/apc knew all the things they are screaming are wrong today to be wrong, they amplified them during campaign then got elected to better them.

Suddenly they are in power and became powerless to solve a single problem. If fall in oil price and or corruption is/are responsible for our recession, then we should have been in recession since 1960 till date!

The PDP govt did a lot of projects and particularly GEJ did as attested to by Rotimi Amaechi and the rest of them ministers.

GMB's crew are jobbers

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by ddeola: 3:19pm On May 30, 2017
GEJ govt stole every available dime. Buhari no meet shinshin on ground to do anything. GEJ's govt ruined the country

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by Elbowroom: 3:31pm On May 30, 2017
hush15:

While I can contend that idea he was voted out! I will not but stay with the issue.

Lets assume that he was voted out, the mere visible reason is the fact it was time for him to move on.
You can mention BH and what have you, but what has changed? Bubu took BH and replaced it with Herdsmen, if you are saying 200 chibok girls, do you know how many babies, girls and boys have died or taken away by the herdsmen under this regime alone? These are human lives and we have not mentioned the adults have been lost under Buhari alone? 200 chibok girls cannot justify that. The insecurity is getting worse but because everybody eyes is in the northeast, we don't say much....

Neway, I am waiting till 2019 and pray they don't still blame GEJ cos that will very stupid of them

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello Visits Kogi State University (Photos) / Okorocha Gave Me The Worst Advice During My Presidency – Obasanjo / Anambra Govt Reacts To The Bathing Video Of Prophet Onyeze Jesus' Adherents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.