Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,399 members, 7,815,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria (45384 Views)

2019 Elections: INEC Releases Criteria For Recruitment Of Ad-hoc Staff / Goodluck Jonathan To Atiku: Beg Obasanjo, Get PDP Ticket / Mid-Term: Buhari Passes 7, Fails 5 Promises - Centre For Democracy & Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by AkupeMBANO(m): 8:23am On May 30, 2017
the vegetable is a dunce

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by Bizibi(m): 8:23am On May 30, 2017
seunmsg:

Go and read my comment again and get the sarcasm. To be clear, Jonathan was a pathetic failure and the OP's write up is complete trash.
typical of their useless followers......
Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by ISpiksDaTroof: 8:23am On May 30, 2017
kolaish:
I am not a supporter of PDP or APC, but the truth must be told; This present government seems to be worst than the previous government, this is based on the standard of living of nigerians which has worsened.

It is high time nigerians start looking beyond those 2 parties if we want to liberate our country from the shackles of those politicians with archaic ideas, selfishness and greed
Of course your standard of living will lower under this administration because the previous administration stole every penny that could've acted as a buffer against the inevitable recession you just got out of. How hard is that for you guys to understand?

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by obonujoker(m): 8:23am On May 30, 2017
ISpiksDaTroof:
You were born and raised in an environment where failure is rampant and normal so you wouldnt know success even if it took a dump on your head.

Hahaha.... funny guy.... u better start saying the truth for a better Nigeria... my happiness though is that I believe prof Osibanjo is well able to do the needful.....

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by Rainmaker69(m): 8:24am On May 30, 2017
I will give this administration low scores so far. I will also give this analysis a low score for doing a poor job.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by Bizibi(m): 8:25am On May 30, 2017
ochejoseph:

Madam

when we talk objectively there is no need for insults if truly you mean well for Nigeria

the reason why the crude price excuse will not fly is simple

1.Jonathan had a crude oil price of 110 but he had to contend with a huge subsidy regime which the APC stopped him from removing
2. Now Buhari has no high crude prices but he does not have the huge burden of subsidy which is now been paid by ordinary Nigerians.

A sound economic policy does not need crude oil to work it’s neither a machine no an equipment it’s an idea or innovation on paper

Treating each segment of the country failure does not need oil prices

Putting the right people in the right places even though they don’t come from your village does not need crude oil prices
most of the places he had low score did not require high oil prices but simple common sense
yes,simple common sense
Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by Oksman(m): 8:25am On May 30, 2017
seunmsg:

We lived through Jonathan's regime so there is no need for that. Beside, Nigerians analysed his regime in 2015 and gave their verdict. I stand with the verdict of most Nigerians.
"White washed tomb" submission.
Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by userplainly(m): 8:26am On May 30, 2017
seunmsg:
Jonathan was really a high performer. He achieved so much mid way into his tenure that Nigerians had to massively vote him out 2 years later due to his wonderful performance. OP, well-done Sir.

uncle tis like u dey benefit from buhari era wen people r complaining, some commit suicide...... police harassment is on the rise.. police sef rob young Nigerians more than burglars.... guy go sidan for gutter... ur sense is on recession.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by yassjib: 8:27am On May 30, 2017
Pls where are the promises that this administration promised us NIGERIANS. should we still keep on waiting? year 2018 is around the corner against 2019

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by ochejoseph(m): 8:28am On May 30, 2017
Okpabana:
OP well done for for your partisan analysis. e pain you well well my Idoma brother. You Hero GEJ had one of the highest revenue accruing to his govt but could only did what u analysized....what a shame.

Pls you can also analyse this: assuming your salary is reduced from 120k to 30k or 50k, kindly analyse what you can achieve with as compared to ur colleague whose salary remains @ 120k.

My very good brother,

Let me start by letting you know that the salaries of virtually all Nigerians irrespective of class have been reduced by at least 1/2 by inflation , what your salary could buy 24 months ago I could barely buy half .

Buhari needed sound economic policies to take us to the promise land , his forex policies destroyed the naira , increased cost of living and increased hardship.

I don't hate Buhari No I just want a better Nigeria and a better Benue by extension.

God bless you

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by cedeki(m): 8:29am On May 30, 2017
In my own opinion this is one of the most unbiased assessment I have seen in ages, let the truth lead you at all time, forget religions, ethnic sentiment and political affiliations

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by temodent(m): 8:29am On May 30, 2017
obailala:
You really think the oil price doesnt play any role in all of these right?

With all the 'right' people GEJ had in place, are you aware Nigeria's GDP growth rate nosedived as soon as oil prices began crashing?... it had already crashed from over 6% to about 2.3% by May 2015. Even with the right people in place, I believe you also saw how the nation's forex reserves crashed progressively from mid-2014 to mid-2015 before the new govt came in and forced the forex restrictions?.... We all agree the forex restrictions destroyed a lot of things in the economy, but no one seems to have suggested another miracle which could have prevented the reserves from dropping to zero at the time; cos obviously, the 'right' things being done by the 'right people' at the time didnt prevent the steady drop in reserves.

Meanwhile the same 'right' people supervised the erosion of the nation's savings and resorted to borrowing billions of dollars to offset salaries duting their last days but some people think the oil price shouldnt be viewed as a factor when measuring performance of govt.

You need not argue with the OP no more. He tried very very hard to conceal his biases but unfortunately it is just too obvious for any concealment.
Complete objectivity is missing in his assessment

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by Bizibi(m): 8:29am On May 30, 2017
bakynes:
The OP is a joke comparing Buhari's 2 years with Jonathan's 5 and the half years tenure.

How can you say GEJ score higher than PMB in terms of Aviation forgetting the fact that in 2013 under Stella Oduah, the country recorded the highest plane crash in history. People abandoned the local airlines for Road transport. In Buhari's two years we have not had a single plane crash.

You also scoring Corruption under Buhari higher than Jonathan you are a complete joke and a bigot hiding under fake indices.

Power was far better under GEJ than Buhari so your close figuresfor both presidents is rubbish.

Security wise Under GEJ Bokoharam was already occupy a few LGA so your 55% PMB and 50% GEJ is also rubbish because we know insecurity was higher under GEJ.

You forgot GEJ had Oil boom in his two years and Buhari had low Global oil price.
it is a mid term score card mister I know......

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by kolaish(m): 8:30am On May 30, 2017
ISpiksDaTroof:
Of course your standard of living will lower under this administration because the previous administration stole every penny that could've acted as a buffer against the inevitable recession you just goy out of. How hard is that for you guys to understand?
My brother, stealing government money did not start with the last administration, it started from the 60's. let them not deceive you that it is because the last government stole, that is why this government cannot perform, PURE LIES. Beside oil, FIRS, NPA, Custom etc generate billions of naira yearly and they are still generating it.

This government messed everything up when they increased the price of fuel without any paliatives to cushion the effect on Nigerians, and of course, they lacked sound economic policies to control the hike in dollars

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by georgecso(m): 8:30am On May 30, 2017
ochejoseph:

Madam

when we talk objectively there is no need for insults if truly you mean well for Nigeria

1.Jonathan had a crude oil price of 110 but he had to contend with a huge subsidy regime which the APC stopped him from removing
2. Now Buhari has no high crude prices but he does not have the huge burden of subsidy which is now been paid by ordinary Nigerians.

A sound economic policy does not need crude oil to work it’s neither a machine no an equipment it’s an idea or innovation on paper

Putting the right people in the right places even though they don’t come from your village does not need crude oil prices
most of the places he had low score did not require high oil prices but simple common sense

Can you please state in clear terms some of these simple common sense?
Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by FiddyEn: 8:30am On May 30, 2017
Madam no vex Wetin be dis local data sef wey u dey always post
Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by stuntman007: 8:30am On May 30, 2017
ochejoseph:

Madam

God bless you bro for this comment.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by nnanaut(m): 8:31am On May 30, 2017
seunmsg:
Jonathan was really a high performer. He achieved so much mid way into his tenure that Nigerians had to massively vote him out 2 years later due to his wonderful performance. OP, well-done Sir.
Will u call what happened in 2015 election. Jobs was not elected out but schemed out
Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by ocelot2006(m): 8:31am On May 30, 2017
seunmsg:

Jonathan was certainly FAAAAAAR BETTER than that ailing disastrous calamity in London called Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by Brillantman: 8:32am On May 30, 2017
Truly, you have a "Brainpause"

brainpulse:
Corrupt head of State

GEJ=10000%
PMB=0%
Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by michoim(m): 8:32am On May 30, 2017
The write up is from the figment of your mischievous imaginations.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by FiddyEn: 8:32am On May 30, 2017
obiageIi:
Idiotically skewd write up

Nor verx maram Wetin be dis local data?
Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by Nobody: 8:34am On May 30, 2017
Brillantman:
Truly, you have a "Brainpause"
boss are you on ICQ?
Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by userplainly(m): 8:34am On May 30, 2017
tamsjay:
Really?

Go and read my comment again and get the sarcasm. To be clear, Jonathan was a pathetic failure and the OP's write up is complete trash.

mumu next year we go see where u dey.... only two years Nigerians wan kpeff... u go suffer tey for this life.... tis like the sense we ordered from olx never still reach ur house
Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by Precial419: 8:35am On May 30, 2017
We thought GEJ was a failure n so we tried PMB bt i realised i cant even find his level of failure in my graph. If we like we insult ourselves trying to defend dis corrupt people, things will nt change. I think edo state has d worst hit, ekpoma is a sorry sight.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by Nobody: 8:35am On May 30, 2017
To be honest, I supported Buhari with all heart and even donated to his campaign. Truth must be told - Buhari is a colossal failure..

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by yassjib: 8:35am On May 30, 2017
Acting President Yemi Osinbajo says under the N100 billion social housing scheme of the present administration, anyone who can afford N30,000 will be able to own a house.... SEE CAPITAL LIE

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by obailala(m): 8:35am On May 30, 2017
tuniski:

Even if GEJ had turned nigeria to heaven, those with born to rule psyche aka it is our turn's gang up with desperates power grabbers, across the niger were bent on voting him out as an outsider on the throne . GEJ wasn't voted out for none performance as reality of today has shown!
Northerners may have voted GEJ out based on silly ethnic/tribal/religious sentiments, but the southerners who refused to support him, how do you explain that?... The answer is that GEJ was a disaster and his performance was appalling. The sentimental issue of 'making sure another born-to-rule hausa man shouldnt take power' is the reason many south-easterners till date still refuse to acknowledge the failure of a regime which couldnt complete any single meaningful capital project and which was already borrowing to pay salaries in the first few months of oil price crash.

Oh yes, you may claim the current govt is also a disaster, but when comparing the speed of an athlete with 2 legs to the speed of an athlete with 1 leg, only a joker thinks it should be a direct comparison.

5 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by degamemaster(m): 8:36am On May 30, 2017
adadike281:
Afam 4eva have said it all.
Hunger:
Buhari= 99.9%
GEJ= 25%
Media propaganda and lies:
GEJ= 10%
Buhari=1001%
Buhari is not just a failure but a monumental one. A big shame to his useless supporters.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by arafone(m): 8:36am On May 30, 2017
Kathmandu:
... I think you were using glo network when we read how Emirs and Imams in the mosque were telling their followers that they should not vote an infidel which is GEJ.
so what were the pastors and d reverends telling there congregations? Or Christians didn't vote in d last election?
Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by Nobody: 8:37am On May 30, 2017
tivta:

Because some Nigerians though the grass was greener on the other side...

Nah they got tired of him because he was a douche bag
Re: President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria by bakynes(m): 8:37am On May 30, 2017
Bizibi:
it is a mid term score card mister I know......
You know what? From your score card even though you claimed it's a mid term score card, but in actual fact it was the entire Jonathan's tenure you used in comparison.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari Receives Obasanjo At The Presidential Villa (Photos) / FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout / Tafa Balogun Arrived Court In Handcuffs (Throwback Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.