Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,877 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

Igbo Men Or Yoruba Men Who Are More Open Minded To Marry Other Tribes? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Igbo Men Or Yoruba Men Who Are More Open Minded To Marry Other Tribes? (3661 Views)

Don't Marry Anyone In This Category Of Men Or Women. / Why Do Ethiopians Like To Date And Marry Other Blacks / Fulani Or Yoruba? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Men Or Yoruba Men Who Are More Open Minded To Marry Other Tribes? by onila(f): 1:22pm On May 31, 2017
my friend said a yoruba guy told her, hes mother will kill him, if he marries a Niger Delta girl
Re: Igbo Men Or Yoruba Men Who Are More Open Minded To Marry Other Tribes? by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 31, 2017
onila:

my friend said a yoruba guy told her, hes mother will kill him, if he marries a Niger Delta girl
Are you really in your heart Okay?

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Men Or Yoruba Men Who Are More Open Minded To Marry Other Tribes? by Yksoul(m): 1:28pm On May 31, 2017
TODAY,WE NOW HAVE MORE IGBO MEN MARRYING OUR YORUBA LADIES.WE EVEN ASKED SOME SINGLE IGBON MEN WHO ALSO SAID THEY ARE GOING TO MARRY FROM YORUBA TRIBE.BUT MOST IGBO LADIES NOW REMAIN SINGLES WITHOUT NOBODY TO MARRY WHAT IS HAPPENING PEOPLE?
Re: Igbo Men Or Yoruba Men Who Are More Open Minded To Marry Other Tribes? by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 31, 2017
Igbo men

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Men Or Yoruba Men Who Are More Open Minded To Marry Other Tribes? by Nne5: 1:48pm On May 31, 2017
Yksoul:
[s]TODAY,WE NOW HAVE MORE IGBO MEN MARRYING OUR YORUBA LADIES.WE EVEN ASKED SOME SINGLE IGBON MEN WHO ALSO SAID THEY ARE GOING TO MARRY FROM YORUBA TRIBE.BUT MOST IGBO LADIES NOW REMAIN SINGLES WITHOUT NOBODY TO MARRY WHAT IS HAPPENING PEOPLE?[/s]
Makes no sense

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Men Or Yoruba Men Who Are More Open Minded To Marry Other Tribes? by onila(f): 2:16pm On May 31, 2017
Kathmandu:

undecided who are you?
Re: Igbo Men Or Yoruba Men Who Are More Open Minded To Marry Other Tribes? by Afam4eva(m): 2:50pm On May 31, 2017
Yksoul:
TODAY,WE NOW HAVE MORE IGBO MEN MARRYING OUR YORUBA LADIES.WE EVEN ASKED SOME SINGLE IGBON MEN WHO ALSO SAID THEY ARE GOING TO MARRY FROM YORUBA TRIBE.BUT MOST IGBO LADIES NOW REMAIN SINGLES WITHOUT NOBODY TO MARRY WHAT IS HAPPENING PEOPLE?
What load of crap. I've seen more Yoruba men marrying Igbo girls than Igbo men marrying Yoruba girls.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Men Or Yoruba Men Who Are More Open Minded To Marry Other Tribes? by royyaldiadem(f): 2:59pm On May 31, 2017
I am from Southern Kaduna and I am dating a wonderful man from Ebonyi state it is very possible

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Men Or Yoruba Men Who Are More Open Minded To Marry Other Tribes? by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 31, 2017
onila:

Smhhhh, some parents myopic reasoning are one of our major cause of high rate divorce in the society . She should kill him, shebi na her property .
Re: Igbo Men Or Yoruba Men Who Are More Open Minded To Marry Other Tribes? by NevetsIbot(m): 3:04pm On May 31, 2017
lol. I'd be tortured to death if i brought an igbo girl home.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Men Or Yoruba Men Who Are More Open Minded To Marry Other Tribes? by Afam4eva(m): 3:11pm On May 31, 2017
NevetsIbot:
lol. I'd be tortured to death if i brought an igbo girl home.
Are your parents tribalists?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Men Or Yoruba Men Who Are More Open Minded To Marry Other Tribes? by Maxi112: 3:17pm On May 31, 2017
royyaldiadem:
I am from Southern Kaduna and I am dating a wonderful man from Ebonyi state it is very possible
sorry to disappoint you, between an Hausa and Ebonyi man are identical no diff

enjoy!
Re: Igbo Men Or Yoruba Men Who Are More Open Minded To Marry Other Tribes? by Rayfield: 3:19pm On May 31, 2017
A Yoruba man can decide to stay in Sambisa for ages when Ife is involved, but for an Igbo man "Nna mehn, No be love I go chop"
Re: Igbo Men Or Yoruba Men Who Are More Open Minded To Marry Other Tribes? by NevetsIbot(m): 3:24pm On May 31, 2017
Afam4eva:

Are your parents tribalists?
nope. They've just seen so much of the bad side of many igbo girls.. Their rudeness,greed and all. Also, two of my uncles married igbo ladies. Should I say the first one had turned her husbands head away from home. Second wife poked mum in the eye three days after the wedding till now.

I had the unpleasant priviledge to see two display for me last month. Very contumacious set of women. They mostly show no iota of contrite at all.

I too wouldnt try to marry an ibo lady.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Men Or Yoruba Men Who Are More Open Minded To Marry Other Tribes? by Afam4eva(m): 3:29pm On May 31, 2017
NevetsIbot:
nope. They've just seen so much of the bad side of many igbo girls.. Their rudeness,greed and all. Also, two of my uncles married igbo ladies. Should I say the first one had turned her husbands head away from home. Second wife poked mum in the eye three days after the wedding till now.

I had the unpleasant priviledge to see two display for me last month. Very contumacious set of women. They mostly show no iota of contrite at all.

I think based on what you just described they're tribalists. That's the definition of tribalism. Every tribalist always have one cogent reason in their mind why they're not fond of a particular group.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Men Or Yoruba Men Who Are More Open Minded To Marry Other Tribes? by Afam4eva(m): 3:30pm On May 31, 2017
royyaldiadem:
Southern Kaduna people are pretty much like southerners in my opinion.
Re: Igbo Men Or Yoruba Men Who Are More Open Minded To Marry Other Tribes? by royyaldiadem(f): 3:34pm On May 31, 2017
Maxi112:
sorry to disappoint you, between an Hausa and Ebonyi man are identical no diff

enjoy!

@Maxi112 please explain? I have a few female family members who have married good and respectful families from the east, Imo state and Anambara state both families especially the husband's family were accepting....
Re: Igbo Men Or Yoruba Men Who Are More Open Minded To Marry Other Tribes? by NevetsIbot(m): 3:37pm On May 31, 2017
Afam4eva:

I think based on what you just described they're tribalists. That's the definition of tribalism. Every tribalist always have one cogent reason in their mind why they're not fond of a particular group.
I'd say they're apathetic. They want their son to have nothing to do with an igbo lady cos of their bad side.. Not cos of the tribe generally.

If you'd term them tribalists..then you can call meone as well but I'd marry from any other tribe other than igbo

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Men Or Yoruba Men Who Are More Open Minded To Marry Other Tribes? by Umuchoke(m): 3:38pm On May 31, 2017
NevetsIbot:

I would be lynched if I bring a Yoruba girl home too. They're extremely dirty and they bleach a lot too. My uncle married one from Osun State and she defecated inside a bowl.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Men Or Yoruba Men Who Are More Open Minded To Marry Other Tribes? by Afam4eva(m): 3:39pm On May 31, 2017
NevetsIbot:
I'd say they're apathetic. They want their son to have nothing to do with an igbo lady cos of their bad side.. Not cos of the tribe generally.

If you'd term them tribalists..then you can call meone as well but I'd marry from any other tribe other than igbo
We're saying the same thing. You're all tribalist in your family no matter how you try to sugar coat it. And far as marrying an Igbo girl is concerned, i don't think you'r up to the task. Our girls are really up there as men from different parts of the globe are craving for them, so they don't just marry anyone with a prick.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Men Or Yoruba Men Who Are More Open Minded To Marry Other Tribes? by Afam4eva(m): 3:40pm On May 31, 2017
Umuchoke:

I would be lynched if I bring a Yoruba girl home too. They're extremely dirty and they bleach a lot too. My uncle married one from Osun State and she defecated inside a bowl.
My friend stop lying.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Men Or Yoruba Men Who Are More Open Minded To Marry Other Tribes? by royyaldiadem(f): 3:41pm On May 31, 2017
Afam4eva:

Southern Kaduna people are pretty much like southerners in my opinion.

@Afam4eva there are a lot of igbos where in southern kaduna and Jos too. My parents grew up with a handful who could speak fluent hausa, they are still good friends. There are still a few Igbos in KD and Jos, I'm not sure about other northern states sha... smiley
Re: Igbo Men Or Yoruba Men Who Are More Open Minded To Marry Other Tribes? by Afam4eva(m): 3:41pm On May 31, 2017
royyaldiadem:

@Maxi112 please explain? I have a few female family members who have married good and respectful families from the east, Imo state and Anambara state both families especially the husband's family were accepting....
Don't mind him. Ebonyi people are probably the most down to earth and humble Igbos that you'll ever meet.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Men Or Yoruba Men Who Are More Open Minded To Marry Other Tribes? by NevetsIbot(m): 3:42pm On May 31, 2017
Umuchoke:

mazi lazarus and his wife Missus Beatrice with their children, Chinedu,Ngodi,Obioma,Edubobo,Chibere,Amaka,Ogechi, Chukwunonso all live in a ONE ROOM APPARTMENT

Typical Igbo like over here in the west.

Don'tpush me. I'm no tribalist but as long as I havent quoted you to say stuff, stay out of my lane. Get it?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Men Or Yoruba Men Who Are More Open Minded To Marry Other Tribes? by Oyindidi(f): 3:43pm On May 31, 2017
Kathmandu:
grin
Re: Igbo Men Or Yoruba Men Who Are More Open Minded To Marry Other Tribes? by Umuchoke(m): 3:43pm On May 31, 2017
Afam4eva:

My friend stop lying.
But I'm not! She said they were trained not to leave the house at night to ease themselves for fear of danger, so sh!t and piss business is done indoors until it's dawn.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Men Or Yoruba Men Who Are More Open Minded To Marry Other Tribes? by Maxi112: 3:44pm On May 31, 2017
royyaldiadem:

@Maxi.112 please explain? I have a few female family members who have married good and respectful families from the east, Imo state and Anambara state both families especially the husband's family were accepting ....
I'm not from the east but there's no difference between ebonyi man and Hausa man.

they have few things in common apart from their religion.

emboldened.... well I haven't seen one.
Re: Igbo Men Or Yoruba Men Who Are More Open Minded To Marry Other Tribes? by Umuchoke(m): 3:45pm On May 31, 2017
NevetsIbot:
mazi lazarus and his wife Missus Beatrice with their children, Chinedu,Ngodi,Obioma,Edubobo,Chibere,Amaka,Ogechi, Chukwunonso all live in a ONE ROOM APPARTMENT

Typical Igbo like over here in the west.

Don'tpush me. I'm no tribalist but as long as I havent quoted you to say stuff, stay out of my lane. Get it?
Hmm! undecided But we're not quarreling na. I was only giving reasons why I can't marry a Yoruba lady. Their body odour and bleaching madness don't just sit well with me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Men Or Yoruba Men Who Are More Open Minded To Marry Other Tribes? by Maxi112: 3:47pm On May 31, 2017
Afam4eva:

Don't mind him. Ebonyi people are probably the most down to earth and humble Igbos that you'll ever meet.
loooolz.... I never said you guys ain't.

next time, edit my handle out, hope you grab?
Re: Igbo Men Or Yoruba Men Who Are More Open Minded To Marry Other Tribes? by NevetsIbot(m): 3:47pm On May 31, 2017
Afam4eva:

We're saying the same thing. You're all tribalist in your family no matter how you try to sugar coat it. And far as marrying an Igbo girl is concerned, i don't think you'r up to the task. Our girls are really up there as men from different parts of the globe are craving for them, so they don't just marry anyone with a prick.
Please.... I have your igbo girls sending me inboxes and tripping hard. I could bed any of them in a flash. Something you igbo boys can't do successfully with em. I'd also foot all the yahoo yahoo bride price brought by her igbo parents and add jara untop.

Remember, you started making personal jabs first so..... "And far as marrying an Igbo girl is concerned, i
don't think you'r up to the task. Our girls are
really up there as men from different parts of the
globe are craving for them, so they don't just marry anyone with a prick.''

1 Like

Re: Igbo Men Or Yoruba Men Who Are More Open Minded To Marry Other Tribes? by royyaldiadem(f): 3:48pm On May 31, 2017
Afam4eva:

@Afam4eva totally agree although the mother wasn't so sure in the beginning because of the whole "if you're from north you're Muslim or boko haram" idea... she and the rest of the immediate family are quite supportive even though some of my friends were trying to discourage me saying igbo's will rather accept yoruba and other tribes rather than north (which i believe is true to some extent) but i guess times have changed??

My family have never had issue with any tribe, we have always been brought up to accept whoever shows genuine interest...
Re: Igbo Men Or Yoruba Men Who Are More Open Minded To Marry Other Tribes? by royyaldiadem(f): 3:49pm On May 31, 2017
Maxi112:
I'm not from the east but there's no difference between ebonyi man and Hausa man.

they have few things in common apart from their religion.

emboldened.... well I haven't seen one.

@Maxi112 oh really?? I never heard...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Did 2017 Teach You? / I Am In Love With My Step Mother (pls Advice Me) / Admission! Admission!! Admission!!! - Citi Polytechnic, Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.