Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,863 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him (104556 Views)

I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. / I Cheated On My Husband With A Guy From Work And I Don't Know What To Do. / Mourners At Man’s Burial In Enugu Confess To Killing Him With Juju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by jennyking106: 8:17pm On Jun 03, 2017
Dear,I will advice you to forgive yourself. You are just allowing the devil to torment you. Whatever you did is in the past and everything has become new.If God can forgive you why won't you forgive yourself. Learn to make yourself happy and build yourself home. If the devil keeps reminding you of that; tell him that the Bible says that If we confess our sins, that God is faithful and just to forgive us and cleanse us of all unrighteousness. Search the Bible and study what God taught about being a new creature in Christ. I will advise you not to tell your husband because of the consequences as you mentioned and you know that men find it difficult to forgive. Once you forgive yourself and don't allow the devil to torment your mind,then your problem is over. Learn to battle the devil with the word. Finally be prayerful and with time you will see how God will heal your mind. You are blessed

9 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by gazilion: 8:19pm On Jun 03, 2017
Please you need to forgive yourself...and take the next step...
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Onegai(f): 8:21pm On Jun 03, 2017
Istoctober,

Okay, let's do this!

Let me tell you a story: 2 people meet, they are happy and they think "Hey this could really work!". So they get married. And suddenly, one is speaking Hausa and the other is speaking Igbo and neither understand why both are so sad and upset. Add in children, stress of money, family challenges and the house is no longer a home. Everyone is suffering and smiling and managing.

Now, maybe one or both partners, in weakness, takes the easy way out: men run to bars, friends, develop friendships that cross the boundaries, cheat. Women develop friendships that cross boundaries, run to church (because this is Nigeria, there is nothing else for you to do as a woman than to have babies, attend weddings and go to church. Even if you wanted more). Both parties are exposed to our so modern and convenient life (which is horrible). And one party finally crosses the bounds and.... An affair happens.

It could be emotional cheating (where you dream of this person being your spouse, spend more time being friendly with that person, share your happy moments with that person, feel good when you see that person, confide in that person, hide the fact that you are spending that much time and that much energy on that person) or it could be physical (when you cannot get enough of that person's touch). Both are the same. Both are horrible.

Cheating is a symptom something is wrong. But it is NOT A JUSTIFICATION OR A GOOD REASON TO BREAK TRUST AND LOYALTY. This applies to men and women.

That means, it is NOT your spouse's fault you cheated. Cheating is looking for JAMB special center instead of working your butt off. There is always a "justifiable" lie for you to cheat. You had problems and you decided to fvck up by taking the easiest route. And your pastor and you started from emotional cheating and ended up in bed.

So, now what?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by modik(m): 8:31pm On Jun 03, 2017
Ishilove:

The one in my church impregnated a chorister and it affected his marriage. As I speak to you his ministry has taken a nose dive and he is no longer in the church. I hear he has started a prayer group but I did not dig deeper because I can't be part of such.

The one that took over from him is even worse. He chases anything in skirt and even my mum warned me to avoid him. He too has been redeployed.

The church as we know it today is filled with all manner of abominations and i'm not surprised. We are at the end times and it's only going to get worse

hmmmmm

For your Mum to warn you.........

I'm tempted to perceive you might have some hot appealing and tempting appearance!

wink wink

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Ishilove: 8:35pm On Jun 03, 2017
modik:

hmmmmm

For your Mum to warn you.........

I'm tempted to perceive you might have some hot appealing and tempting appearance!

wink wink
Na you sabi tongue

1 Like

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Onegai(f): 8:39pm On Jun 03, 2017
Istoctober,

Please listen to me. You did it once right? Good.

CONFESS IN 4 MORE YEARS!

If you were a serial cheat or this affair had lasted 1 month long, I would make you confess tonight. Instead, you made a mistake. A stupid, selfish, thoughtless mistake. And you are paying for it. Good!

And let me be honest: ALL CHEATS DIE FROM GUILT. WHEN YOU FEEL GUILTY ABOUT SOMETHING, EVEN RAIN WILL LOOK LIKE PUNISHMENT. THAT GUILT IS PUNISHMENT FROM GOD.

Hallelujah. God never said you would commit a sin and He would forgive you and all would be groovy (which is what churches teach yoi), God said He would restore you, after you paid the price of your sin. You must pay the price but God has bought some of the debt. Like you owe the bank N250, 000 but your parents pay off N100, 000. If you don't pay the price, then there is no Justice in Heaven. Even men pay the price and the longer they sin, the more their debt is (it then spills into their kids).

You have taken Responsibility for your sin so in my book, you owe just like N80, 000. That's great news!

So, go to a women's group. That is whom you need, no more members of the male sexx to give you the emotional comfort you crave and you then cheat emotionally and physically, you did that the first time and have the scarlet letter branded on your head to show as a badge. Unburden yourself to your women's group (preferably this group is not related to your church, human beings can't keep their mouths shut). They will help you. They will help you and give you support while you pay off your debt. They will be there when you need the intimacy your husband is not giving. For now.

Next, identify every problem in your marriage. Starting with you. You must have felt no emotional satisfaction in your marriage (men are not taught how to marry, they are taught that paying schoolfees and rent and holiday and buying car = Great Husband). So, you need to work on identifying what you need. Then go get it from your husband. Say "I need you to spend time with me and not with UCL Juventus vs Barca" (boys, you can watch that football match later, don't neglect your wife for it). Tell him
"I feel secure when you come home early".
"I feel loved when you use soft words to correct me"
"I feel intelligent when you give me a chance to advise you"
"I feel sexy when you come into the kitchen and slap my arse when I'm cooking and leave again",
"I feel safe when you send me 5 messages during the day when you are at work because it feels like you think of me a lot",
"I feel Happy when you come home and unwind then join me on the couch because I feel like that means you love how you feel at home",
"I feel passionate when you see me looking unkempt and you push me into the bathroom, shower with me and insist on rubbing lotion on my body".

Don't even think of blaming him for this. You had a choice, you chose wrong. Same as he, had he cheated, he will have chosen wrongly.

From there, work on your relationship (notice I didn't say marriage, I said work on your relationship with your man). Fix you because you are the offending party (screw a wise woman buildeth whatever blah blah, a CEO builds his company, stop giving guys a free pass to fvckup their marriage till they turn 60 and old age and sickness suddenly gives them brain).

The offending party/cheating party starting to fix the marriage first means the marriage gets rebuilt in 5 years. The Betrayed party starting to fix the marriage first means the marriage gets rebuilt in 10 years. That's why most Nigerian wives tend to enjoy their marriage 10 years plus, not earlier.

Once you rebuild your marriage, THEN you can then confess and apologize. Because to apologize right now, you're only doing it to Unburden your guilt to him. Because it's too heavy, you're not confessing because you are wrong and want to make amends. You will feel a weight lifted off you but finalize the destruction you brought in his life. You will confess eventually, to clear yourself and be ready to keep apologizing for even 2 years.

So this sound like a plan? You got work to do girlie smiley

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by modik(m): 8:41pm On Jun 03, 2017
Ishilove:

Na you sabi tongue

#Lol.
kiss
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 03, 2017
gazilion:

Have you been cheating?
Ishilove has been avoiding this question

6 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 03, 2017
darlenese:
Dnt confess to him , try and forgive urself ,because God has forgive you . most men would cheat and won't evn confess or feel any remorse yet they still enjoy their marriage . ur life will become miserable if u confess.
Karishika counsel

4 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by gazilion: 8:45pm On Jun 03, 2017
Ishilove:

Ummm...

For you to ask a god that is not the true God shows you've been cheating!! Please REPENT!!!

2 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jun 03, 2017
Ishilove:

Ummm...
We have to discuss your cheating story

7 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Onegai(f): 8:47pm On Jun 03, 2017
By the way, nobody should have friends of opposite sexx in Marriage. Nobody should have Pastor of opposite sexx in Marriage. Stop deceiving yourself because it is very hard to have boundaries once you justify it with labels like "Friend" and "Pastor". God intended your spouse to have those labels and wear those crowns, which is why it is easiest to cheat within those groups.

Katyamizotta I'm good, hope your kids are good too smiley

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by taryour(f): 9:31pm On Jun 03, 2017
i really do not understand why majority of the comments on This thread are advising the op Not to confess to her husband, He is your husband damn it Not your boyfriend, you both ate bound together as one since you made vows.
if you decide Not to tell him and he later fines out, wouldn't that be worse, He would never ever believe you cheated just once, as a matter of fact he might never ever trust you again. You have committed a great offense now face the consequences of your action and do unto others What you want done onto you.

you have even disrespected him more by telling pastors before telling him, asking God for forgiveness and them confessing to your husband next would have done it all. no pastor has à say in Whatever happens in your home.

please confess to your husband and let your conscience be free. you don't have to do it to His face if you cant bear to look him in the eye, or fear of him getting violent. yea he Will send you parking but if he truly loves you and he is yours he Will forgive you and take you back. let him forgive you and accept you back as His woman whom he truly loves because he loves and wants you as His wife and Not because ppl begged him to forgive and accept you back..

but if at the end he doesn't accept you back, then that's the consequences of your actions, face it. at least your mind is free and you leave in peace. i Cant believe à passer told u not to confess. it is well. Do not let him find out himself, He is your husband Not your boyfriend and you cheated while you were married and Not before marriage. Best of luck

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Agbaletu: 9:43pm On Jun 03, 2017
taryour:
i really do not understand why majority of the comments on This thread are advising the op Not to confess to her husband, He is your husband damn it Not your boyfriend, you both ate bound together as one since you made vows.
if you decide Not to tell him and he later fines out, wouldn't that be worse, He would never ever believe you cheated just once, as a matter of fact he might never ever trust you again. You have committed a great offense now face the consequences of your action and do unto others What you want done onto you.

you have even disrespected him more by telling pastors before telling him, asking God for forgiveness and them confessing to your husband next would have done it all. no pastor has à say in Whatever happens in your home.

please confess to your husband and let your conscience be free. you don't have to do it to His face if you cant bear to look him in the eye, or fear of him getting violent. yea he Will send you parking but if he truly loves you and he is yours he Will forgive you and take you back. let him forgive you and accept you back as His woman whom he truly loves because he loves and wants you as His wife and Not because ppl begged him to forgive and accept you back..

but if at the end he doesn't accept you back, then that's the consequences of your actions, face it. at least your mind is free and you leave in peace. i Cant believe à passer told u not to confess. it is well. Do not let him find out himself, He is your husband Not your boyfriend and you cheated while you were married and Not before marriage. Best of luck
May your husband never suffer waist pain.

7 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Ginaz(f): 9:55pm On Jun 03, 2017
taryour:

Yes my dear, majority will tell her not to tell her husband but who ask for forgiveness without first confessing? After God it is her husband who should have been endeared. She is making matter complicated by her silence.

My grandfather once told me before he died that I should always be truthful, he brought me up to believe the truth no matter the situation. I have not lost anything in my life by being honest, in fact I gain more.

She will only set herself free by telling her husband, it is hard but are the consequences of sin ever been easy? She has done wrong, in the face of God and her husband, she can only right it by confessing. It might cost her marriage, but that is not what is important as of now.

She needs to understand nobody is beyond mistake and nobody is beyond pardoning. Upon all her confession why is she feeling detected and unhappy? Cos she feels like a fraud whenever she sees her husband, knowing she has betrayed his trust and her marriage vow.

O.p seek forgiveness from your husband and free yourself. The Bible acknowledges us that only the truth set ones free.

He will finds out one day, you are only sitting on time before it closes in on you, then it might be too late to redeem your wrong.

10 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by SirVintageCock: 10:08pm On Jun 03, 2017
This Story Smells Cooked And Fake. Instead of bothering us with all this pathetic stories, kill them both- fictitional husband and lover then followed by your humble self thereby sealing your secret for ever.
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Awolumote(m): 10:57pm On Jun 03, 2017
Confessing to him does it change anything? It rather escalate the matters and bring your family to ridicule. Have genuine repentance from God and make a vow not to go back to your vomit again. Don't let Satan keep reminding you of your past and trust in God that you are a new being. Shalom

9 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by seunlly(m): 11:07pm On Jun 03, 2017
conscience is a diseases.
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Awolumote(m): 11:09pm On Jun 03, 2017
People who know noting about marriage and forgiveness are asking her to confess to the husband. How many husband confess to their wife that they cheated? But in marriage both wife and husband has the same right. Please plead to God for pardon and tell Satan to get out because you are free.

10 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Honest2(m): 11:09pm On Jun 03, 2017
I always want to be the 1st to comment but before I know it I don see many comments

Those people that use to comment fast,fast ..where are they living,?
What are they eating?
How many fingers they have?
How many head they have?

4 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by OZAOEKPE(f): 11:09pm On Jun 03, 2017
Please don't tell him, just change dear cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by SeniorZato(m): 11:09pm On Jun 03, 2017
Madam did you f*ck another guy? shocked madam whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

1 Like

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 03, 2017
istoctober:
l had to open this account to tell this story and l know that l will be bashed for this but l really need to get it off my chest.
it was in 2014, that l cheated on him and since then, l have not been myself. l have confessed to Pastors but l can't forget it and my mind keep telling me that God has forgotten about me cos whenever l pray, l find it difficult to concentrate and that's why l want to confess to him.
l know he will send me packing because he said something like that to me and the fear is what is keeping me from confessing to him. l don't want to be disgraced out of my home cos my husband will definitely do it.
l can't blame him for my shortcomings but myself for allowing devil into my home.
l really need your advice for help.... You can curse me but l deserve it for being a loose woman but l seriously need help cos depression wants to take over my life that l think of suicide to escape shame and mockery from people in case he finds out.
Madam God has forgiven you, go and sin no more. But don't tell him, men can't handle infidelity. Just don't do it anymore and love him, confessing to him is ending your marriage .

2 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by dinachi(m): 11:10pm On Jun 03, 2017
istoctober:
l had to open this account to tell this story and l know that l will be bashed for this but l really need to get it off my chest.
it was in 2014, that l cheated on him and since then, l have not been myself. l have confessed to Pastors but l can't forget it and my mind keep telling me that God has forgotten about me cos whenever l pray, l find it difficult to concentrate and that's why l want to confess to him.
l know he will send me packing because he said something like that to me and the fear is what is keeping me from confessing to him. l don't want to be disgraced out of my home cos my husband will definitely do it.
l can't blame him for my shortcomings but myself for allowing devil into my home.
l really need your advice for help.... You can curse me but l deserve it for being a loose woman but l seriously need help cos depression wants to take over my life that l think of suicide to escape shame and mockery from people in case he finds out.
Nobody and I repeat nobody should feel sorry for wicked adulterers. She is only saying this here now because the husband is very close to unmasking her.

13 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by onadana: 11:11pm On Jun 03, 2017
istoctober:

l lost my three months preggy cos of my depreesion in Jan, 2016. Ever since, l have not been myself. l keep seeing myself as not worth living.
Each time l look at him, l have this guilty conscience that l have disappointed God and my parents. I cry in my lonely hours and it has made me to stay calm even in my right at home, l felt that l deserve everything that is happening to me.

Has he cheated before?
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Orpe7(m): 11:11pm On Jun 03, 2017
Hope the cheating didnt lead to pregnancy else thats the major fuckup o.
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by kudosamass(m): 11:11pm On Jun 03, 2017
Madam, you didn't do well, but it is far far easier to live with a bad conscience than a bad reputation. Save your marriage if you are wise!
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jun 03, 2017
Nuezha:

I think you're giving him enough room to suspect you already. It seems to me that your confession won't shock him but will rather confirm his suspicion. Woman, sorry to ask, how old are you? (Give a range: above 25, above 35, etc)

Do not bother with the age. Women of any age can be as weak as her in such circumstance. Except hardened, shameless ones. I speak from experience.
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Nackzy: 11:12pm On Jun 03, 2017
Sister if u know u have truely repented... Pls don't tell ur husband...make sure it won't happen again I have forgiven You..Go n sin no more
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by MostBanned: 11:12pm On Jun 03, 2017
I know who the OP is

Don't worry, your husband would find out: not from you but he won't chase you out......you did wish he had thrown you out
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Orpe7(m): 11:13pm On Jun 03, 2017
Hope thiz isnt another cock n bull story to gain traffic and waste person data grin

1 Like

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Damseldammie(f): 11:13pm On Jun 03, 2017
kaffy4tope:

Stop beating about the bush. Answer these questions or carry your fornicating life outta here.

...Ògá Adé! E ti bínú

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Nigerian Mother Caught Her Daughter In A Hotel Room & Disgraced Her (Video) / Dear Parents, in whose care have you left your child? Pics! / Man Catches His Wife Cheating And Exposes Her (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.